AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2007-01-06, 12:45   Link #81
rogueblade

Great news!
TBH, i didn't think DEEN did a bad job first time round. Granted, i've never played the games, but watching the Anime on it's own, i was able to follow it with fair ease most of the time. However, I would have said it needed another couple of episodes to include things that were in the TIPS (Much thanks to Sushi-Y, Kanji, and Lost Blue for all their hard work in those, and translating the last arc!), in order to enhance the story.
However, what the series really lacked was explanation. There seemed to be little explanation of what was going on in terms of the arcs/Rika's signicance in the proceedings, and what had to occur in order for the different events of each arc to happen. It seemed to me like all of that was kind of pushed into the ending moments of the last episode. Also, the arc with that guy from Tokyo meeting little Rika (Akasaka?), seemed incredibally random, without the TIPS. It probably would have been better for that to have been in the second season at the beggining, rather in the first season.
The animation wasn't that bad. Sure, it's not up to Kyoani's standard, but that's not saying it's a munter, either. The only qualm i have is the face-putty thing that goes on occasionally, and the odd distorted perspective shots of faces.

All in all, what i would like DEEN to do for this season is:

Higher quality animation
More explanation on events
A final conclusion.
rogueblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 12:59   Link #82
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueblade View Post
All in all, what i would like DEEN to do for this season is:

Higher quality animation
More explanation on events
A final conclusion.
I just thinking that they will work on the 7th and 8th Ark... And explain about 2nd and 3rd Ark... 9th is an PS2 Game Exclusivity?
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 13:31   Link #83
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
I just thinking that they will work on the 7th and 8th Ark... And explain about 2nd and 3rd Ark... 9th is an PS2 Game Exclusivity?
heh?
the 2nd arc, watanagashi-hen was explained by the 5th, meakashi-hen
The third arc is like a "standalone" : it explains the link between rika's death and the hinamizawa great disaster.
Should they explain this, they would need to uncover the whole truth, which would be the 7th arc, Minagoroshi-hen.

as for the PS2 version, there isn't really a "9th" arc, they add 1 question arc, Taraimawashi-hen, and its answer counterpart, Tsukiotoshi-hen, and a third arc, Miotsukushi-hen which take the place of matsuribayashi-hen (since they didn't have the time to create it for the PS2, and Ryukishi07 decided to create a "true end" with this version)

Currently, we have no information about which arcs they will follow. they will most likely animate Minagoroshi-hen, but they could be able to create their own end, so an original arc as well. (that would be a third end)
Old 2007-01-14, 16:44   Link #84
ayukanon45
Doujin Music Composer

Send a message via MSN to ayukanon45
ok, whoever said less horror plot is a dumba55. come on, the games had a horror focused plot, well also suspense, and tahts what made it stand out. now, personally, if it doesnt include the same characters i aint watching. you cant have a new higjurashi, you have to use the same people!
ayukanon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 08:20   Link #85
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
While it'll be somewhere in between impossible and impossible for it to reach the heights of the games, I still think it'll be good. To be fair, I thought the first series was pretty good by itself after rewatching it a few times and I have high hopes the second one will be entertaining as well.
*crosses fingers for more ebil Rena USODA*
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 02:04   Link #86
reptar300

Sorry a bit confused...

So after the 26 episodes that have just passed there making another set of episodes to show the other arcs right?(sorry if this has been asked before but my jap sucks and im a bit confused)
reptar300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 09:52   Link #87
Chibi_Faerie
Challenging fate head on!

Hey, I was just wondering... As I can't translate the pages, but has there been any mention of new opening and ending themes yet?? As much as I love the old ones I am curious if there will be some new ones.
Chibi_Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 05:14   Link #88
Myname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
My wishes:
Complete remake. 52 episodes for everything.
Please, replace that stupid crappy seiyuu for Keiichi with someone with a more 'fitting' voice.
Less focus on horror and more on characters and story.
No Studio DEEN.
This is getting sickening. Don't hate on a seiyuu just cause his other characters he voiced happened to be popular.
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 19:45   Link #89
Keiichi no Hibi
THIS. IS WHO I AM.

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi no Hibi
I personally thought Kei's seiyuu was great o.o

And I don't know, Chibi Faerie, but if there ARE new ones they will be hard pressed to be as good as the first ones imo D:
Keiichi no Hibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 21:00   Link #90
Chibi_Faerie

I still loop the opening theme ^_^' It's like I'm waiting to see if they can top it... The ending theme I like, it's beautiful and sort of haunting, I just wish it had been done so you could hear what was being said better. That's the only aspect that sometimes pokes at the back of my mind. To be honest if they just did a tasteful remix the original songs I think that would be interesting too...

Keiichi's Seiyuu was awesome, I liked all of them more or less.. I can't remember any actually annoying me at any point, Takano gives me the creeps but thats what she is supposed to do right...?
Old 2007-01-26, 04:45   Link #91
Gains
Rain lover

Hmm, on Keiichi's seiyuu I believe he's done good but sometimes how he says things seemed too weird, like her conversation with Shion in Watanagashi (after the ladder scene), the yelling part isn't quite logical even for anime and in that situation (before the magnificent laugh). Well, just like someone posted before, Rena and Mion/Shion's seiyuu is far superior in Higurashi and it might made other seiyuus feel somewhat "weaker".

Chibi_Faerie: How dare you say Takano is creepy her voice is what made me fall in love with her, especially the conversation in the car.
Gains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 09:41   Link #92
Chibi_Faerie

Gains: SHE IS O.o If I met her on the road on a dark and stormy night I think I'd run like heck in the opposite direction... Doesn't mean you can't love her though. Just remember her friend Tomitake Jirou dies frequently *nod nod*

To me the yelling part may be how the script was written and what was called for, so we can't really blame Keiichi's seiyuu on some things I think. At least that's how I see it.
Old 2007-01-27, 00:01   Link #93
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

Souichiro Hoshi, isn't that bad, IMO. Just don't make the him cry. I mean, after hearing Kira Yamato crying in SEED... God that was the most horrible crying I've ever heard.

I do agree that the others stand out better than him. Satsuki Yukino and Mai Nakahara owns.

Simply put it, I have no problems with the VA selection. Just make the animation better...
dspr8_rugged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 22:11   Link #94
Richard 23
piko piko pikori

What, exactly, was wrong about Keiichi's seiyuu? I thought everyone did great. The animators should've done as great a job as the actors!

A great series overall, that deserves a second! What? A second series coming soon? OMG!
Richard 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 09:45   Link #95
MarthX

The Wiki says April and I know several people from this board monitor the wiki. Anyone got a link backing up that information? Every site I've seen simply says "2007"
MarthX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 02:00   Link #96
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
The Wiki says April and I know several people from this board monitor the wiki. Anyone got a link backing up that information? Every site I've seen simply says "2007"
I've deleted the "April" from the article in question. Anyone wanna take bets before someone switches it back?

Honestly, I've also never seen any official info as to when the second season starts. And I've thoroughly scanned oyashirosama.com for it.
Aya Reiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 20:03   Link #97
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
I've deleted the "April" from the article in question. Anyone wanna take bets before someone switches it back?

Honestly, I've also never seen any official info as to when the second season starts. And I've thoroughly scanned oyashirosama.com for it.
I havn't seen any solid info regarding when second season would start. Only thing that can somewhat be useful is that some people on 2ch predicted it would start in July, by considering Studio DEEN's schedule.
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 23:17   Link #98
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Sites such as ANN and AniDB are reporting that the series will continue sometime in February. How accurate their source of information is another matter.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 16:20   Link #99
Yuecchi

Send a message via AIM to Yuecchi
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Sites such as ANN and AniDB are reporting that the series will continue sometime in February. How accurate their source of information is another matter.
They're probably confusing the release date of the PS2 game with the date the series starts. But if I'm proven wrong, then I don't mind, since it means it's coming sooner.
Yuecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 22:36   Link #100
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

It's really hard when all of us are in the dark with regards to the real airdate of Season 2.
dspr8_rugged is offline   Reply With Quote