Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

A Sinbad focused chapter?

*stops caring*
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 13:10   Link #5622
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Oh, come on. It seems like he could stop being an antagonist, so it's actually good. IMO at least.
Old 2016-08-19, 17:01   Link #5623
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Eh....I just never liked Sinbad in the first place. Not gonna start now even if he stops being an antagonist (which I'm sure wont happen).
Old 2016-08-19, 17:24   Link #5624
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

like any shonen manga, it's getting real boring after timeskip zZz
i like battle shonen adventure manga, not political shit like this
Old 2016-08-20, 16:29   Link #5625
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Randrak: Sinbad was a good guy from the get-go and turned bad because of David's influence. Aladdin also said he isn't evil. His end goal is good, it's just that his methods are shady. And in this case, the ends don't justify the means. But again, it's mainly because of David's influence. The real villain is David. And Ill-Ilah.
Old 2016-08-20, 21:45   Link #5626
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@Randrak: Sinbad was a good guy from the get-go and turned bad because of David's influence. Aladdin also said he isn't evil. His end goal is good, it's just that his methods are shady. And in this case, the ends don't justify the means. But again, it's mainly because of David's influence. The real villain is David. And Ill-Ilah.
Oh sure, but I still don't like him xD

I'm sure he'll be the antagonist because I'm convinced David will take over his body soon. Sinbad himself isn't evil or good, just neutral...but welp, he does have that David in him so there's that.
Old 2016-08-21, 08:29   Link #5627
Fwarlord

David himself also isn't that bad either. His goal is to create a heaven on earth for everyone.
Old 2016-08-21, 08:31   Link #5628
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, but the ends don't justify the means in his case. He's portrayed as the main villain for a reason (and yes: no matter how you cut it, he actually is portrayed as the main villain along with Ill-Ilah).
Old 2016-08-21, 11:34   Link #5629
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
David himself also isn't that bad either. His goal is to create a heaven on earth for everyone.
madara wanted to do this too but i guess it would be boring if everyone understood each other and suddenly worked towards the same goal (which is actually the only way i can imagine that the "heaven on earth" thingy would work )...
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 11:53   Link #5630
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, exactly. That too. And the solution Madara came up with was something I really didn't like "Put everyone into an eternal illusion with peace in it when, in reality, everyone would just be asleep". Basically, "Infinite Tsukuyomi", activated by casting a large-scale Tsukuyomi on the moon to make his eyes be reflected on the moon's surface.

But again, I hated that idea and so I supported Naruto. And I'm glad he won the fight between himself and Madara and Kaguya.

Anyway, yeah, David is still portrayed as a villain in a similar way to Madara in the Naruto manga. That's why he has to lose and hopefully either come to an understanding and come to his side or be neutral or die.
Old 2016-08-21, 12:05   Link #5631
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Yeah, exactly. That too. And the solution Madara came up with was something I really didn't like "Put everyone into an eternal illusion with peace in it when, in reality, everyone would just be asleep". Basically, "Infinite Tsukuyomi", activated by casting a large-scale Tsukuyomi on the moon to make his eyes be reflected on the moon's surface.

But again, I hated that idea and so I supported Naruto. And I'm glad he won the fight between himself and Madara and Kaguya.

Anyway, yeah, David is still portrayed as a villain in a similar way to Madara in the Naruto manga. That's why he has to lose and hopefully either come to an understanding and come to his side or be neutral or die.
If the only thing you care is the portrayal by the author, it could be changed very easily. Look at all the chapters before the latest one, they all portrays Sinbad as someone shady and cannot be truth, but the author managed to make him sympathetic right away. So who say she won't do the same to David? You should come up with your own opinion instead letting your feeling lead by the author.
Old 2016-08-21, 12:31   Link #5632
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Um, Sinbad was a good guy for most of the series (including Sinbad no Bouken) while David was portrayed as a villain for most of the series. And again, the ends don't always justify the means. Sinbad was only being bad because of David's influence, anyway, while David's methods were always too shady. Sinbad's methods for Sindria's sake were only shady because he believed that as long as Sindria prospered, how it was done didn't matter.

Sinbad and David both use shady means to try to reach peace, but David, and by extension Sinbad while he was under David's influence, did it on the scale of the whole world while Sinbad by himself did it only for Sindria directly while doing more agreeable things when it came to world peace. Both are necessary evils, but I'd rather choose Sinbad without David's influence any day.
Old 2016-08-29, 09:52   Link #5633
LevelSeven

ch 318

kougyoku OWNED EVERYONE
i guess i have nothing more to say
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-29, 14:48   Link #5634
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kougyoku is such an angel. Best girl.
Old 2016-08-29, 15:27   Link #5635
Homura7

The look in Sinbad's face: priceless. And to add more salt to the wound two of his allies joined Kogyoku.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-29, 16:01   Link #5636
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'm happy for Kougyoku. This is good. I wonder if non-member states can be friends with Seven Seas Alliance? Maybe the Kou Empire can continue friendly relations with Sinbad and the Alliance even now. If Kougyoku's already forgiven him, she might not mind that. But a small part of me is suspicious that she may not have completely forgiven him yet. Either way, though, it's good that Kou will give up on creating more wars and will change and manage itself on its own.
Old 2016-08-31, 00:13   Link #5637
XFire
150% done

That moment when the girl who existed only to get jerked around by the big boys effortlessly pwns the whole damn world through nothing but some good ol fashioned character development.
Old 2016-09-12, 10:28   Link #5638
Twi

Sinbad's ugly side has appeared. He has control issues.
Old 2016-09-12, 11:12   Link #5639
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2016-09-12, 15:13   Link #5640
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^
Spoiler for reply to above:

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2016-09-12 at 15:41.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen