AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-30, 21:34   Link #6621
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
An idea suddenly occurred to me.

I think that the arc we are currently nearing the end of will be the "next to last" one.

The last arc will be back on earth and will involve Negi setting up his alternative plan for where to "plant" the magic world. All the as yet "unused" students will come into the discipleship/pactio relationship with Negi.

It's culmination will be a confrontation between Negi and his dad, and it will center around moral considerations in a rather similar as the Chao arc did. There will be strong "sides" drawn up and prolly some more unexpected surprises.

What I think we will be having is a situation where Negi essentially becomes akin to a second generation "Lifemaker" and faces off with his father again.

THEN the manga will finally finish, as will Negi's time in Japan as a teacher.
Old 2011-01-31, 02:56   Link #6622
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Hmmm, I wonder if Negi was always able to tear the Fates up even before his encounter with Dynamis or if from his vision of Nagi he got a power boost and now there just cannon fodder.

Im not liking how weak the enemy is getting placed now. The boss will obviously be strong but Negi is just walkin through them now.
Old 2011-01-31, 08:33   Link #6623
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Huh. You know, I had such big hopes for Negi vs. Quartum but then it ended up being... well, sort of lame. Anticlimactic, at least.

At this point I'm honestly more interested in Fate than Negi in most ways. He's the one who seems to actually both have a challenge to face and to be going through even more honest-to-God character development. I'm really looking forward more to his battle with Quintum and the development of his increasingly obvious humanity than whatever Negi happens to do next.
Old 2011-01-31, 11:02   Link #6624
DKN117

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Hmmm, I wonder if Negi was always able to tear the Fates up even before his encounter with Dynamis or if from his vision of Nagi he got a power boost and now there just cannon fodder.

Im not liking how weak the enemy is getting placed now. The boss will obviously be strong but Negi is just walkin through them now.
It's no power boost. It's just the power of unstoppable righteous fury.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 11:48   Link #6625
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

That reminds me, I hadn't mentioned it before, but did Negi just kill Quart? He just finished saying that none of the magical world denizens are puppets, then blasts Quart in half. So, does Negi not consider him human enough? Was he just too pissed to care? If he's willing to kill Quart, what does that say about Tertium? Then again, Dynamis got blasted in half, too, and he's just fine. In Negima, even death isn't fatal.
Old 2011-01-31, 11:50   Link #6626
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Not to mention how can Chizuru slap a high ranking demon and make him feel it. And how can a powerless Akira outrun Misora in Pactio mode.
Chizuru is potentially something, since Herrmann thought there was something odd about her. Akira's "power-up" was clearly done entirely for humor, but still keeps being brought up as something more thanks to all the rabid Akira fans who are still butthurt over Motoko not ending up with Keitaro in LH.
Old 2011-01-31, 13:25   Link #6627
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
@Mozco: No no no, he's more of: "You are stealing my spotlight, thus I'll give you guys a quick exit."
Old 2011-01-31, 15:31   Link #6628
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
That reminds me, I hadn't mentioned it before, but did Negi just kill Quart? He just finished saying that none of the magical world denizens are puppets, then blasts Quart in half. So, does Negi not consider him human enough? Was he just too pissed to care? If he's willing to kill Quart, what does that say about Tertium? Then again, Dynamis got blasted in half, too, and he's just fine. In Negima, even death isn't fatal.
Negi said Chachamaru wasn't a doll, but called Quartum a doll of the lifemaker. It's pretty obvious that Negi considers the new Averruncus to be less than people.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 15:55   Link #6629
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

....Guess I don't really understand how Negi can power-up after overcoming his depression alone ;( Does his power got held back because he got depressed over his power or something?

I must say that I quite like this chapter--my favourite part are probably when Negi said that Chachamaru is not a doll and the last panel with Fate

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 15:56   Link #6630
GreatTeacherKen

Despite the brutal beat down, I don't think Quartum's dead. Negi, when he's in control of himself, doesn't seem like the type of person who would kill, and he defeated Quartum without being taken over by Magia Erabea. Negi has consistently managed to solve conflicts without killing and I don't think he has any intention of killing Tertium either even though he's currently the largest threat to Negi, it would seem odd that he'd start killing now.

If Quartum's anywhere near Tertium's power level, he should be fine (I mean Dynamis is weaker than Tertium and he seemed OK for a guy who just got ripped in half) His ego might be bruised, though.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 17:05   Link #6631
ZeroForever

Dynamis said he almost died from the attack earlier, though being a doll it allowed sextum to heal/repair him easily enough.

Considering they mention that sextum had a core unless negi broke quartum's core (which i would think would be instant death) i find it unlikely that quartum is dead, considering how easily fate fixed a missing arm earlier.
Old 2011-01-31, 17:44   Link #6632
JapaneseTeeth
You don't want to know

I'm pretty sure that the whole reason the regeneration core was introduced was so that Negi could deliver an enormous beatdown without killing anyone.
Old 2011-01-31, 21:28   Link #6633
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Chizuru is potentially something, since Herrmann thought there was something odd about her. Akira's "power-up" was clearly done entirely for humor, but still keeps being brought up as something more thanks to all the rabid Akira fans who are still butthurt over Motoko not ending up with Keitaro in LH.
That's assuming quite a bit about motives, don'tcha think? Akira isn't even the same character type as Mokoto at all.

I mean, coupled with Akamatsu saving her Pactio for later, there certainly can be something to it. And Makie's lack of concerns in life was originally a throwaway gag as well, yet it ended up saving her from the Garden much later.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 04:40   Link #6634
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Negi said Chachamaru wasn't a doll, but called Quartum a doll of the lifemaker. It's pretty obvious that Negi considers the new Averruncus to be less than people.
You're misreading the line.
Quote:
そして君も
造物主の人形であり続ける必要なんてないんだ

"And you, too..."
"There's no need for you to keep being your Maker's doll."
He's telling Quartum he shouldn't be acting as a doll of the LifeMaker; he's as much as saying Quartum is not merely a doll. See, Negi understands that the Averruncii, as well as Dynamis, see themselves as dolls much like they see the rest of the MW residents as dolls. The only difference is that they aren't trying to "play at being human", since they have a purpose that they were specifically designed for. I think Fate's upcoming face turn moment will be when he realizes he does have the capability to"defy his programming" (if he isn't there already).

I really wish "puppet" had caught on as the translation for 人形 (ningyou) in its repeated use in this context in this arc, instead of "doll" (it can mean either), because the above lines would have been much closer to what I think is the real meaning of the original Japanese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
That's assuming quite a bit about motives, don'tcha think? Akira isn't even the same character type as Mokoto at all.

I mean, coupled with Akamatsu saving her Pactio for later, there certainly can be something to it. And Makie's lack of concerns in life was originally a throwaway gag as well, yet it ended up saving her from the Garden much later.
Akira's in many ways a successor to Motoko because they look so similar, not due to any character similarities. I've heard Akira fans state as much ever since I started following the series.

As for Makie, her lack of concerns keeping her out of KE-lite was still something of a throwaway gag, much like Chisame's similar immunity. It wasn't a major development, since the story would have gone the same whether she'd been in KE-lite or not. Akira secretly being some uberstrong "something else" would be a fairly major development on par with Zazie's, Secchan's, and Asuna's reveals, and those were handled seriously.
Old 2011-02-01, 08:14   Link #6635
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
You're misreading the line.

He's telling Quartum he shouldn't be acting as a doll of the LifeMaker; he's as much as saying Quartum is not merely a doll. See, Negi understands that the Averruncii, as well as Dynamis, see themselves as dolls much like they see the rest of the MW residents as dolls. The only difference is that they aren't trying to "play at being human", since they have a purpose that they were specifically designed for. I think Fate's upcoming face turn moment will be when he realizes he does have the capability to"defy his programming" (if he isn't there already).

I really wish "puppet" had caught on as the translation for 人形 (ningyou) in its repeated use in this context in this arc, instead of "doll" (it can mean either), because the above lines would have been much closer to what I think is the real meaning of the original Japanese.
Yeah, that sounds about right... back in Rakan's last battle 'puppet' was used ("The Puppet cannot defeat nor defy the puppetmaster.") and it fit much better with Cosmo Entelecheia's creed that what's coming is inevitable, this fate cannot be avoided, etc. 'Doll' technically fits, but not nearly so well.
Old 2011-02-01, 13:32   Link #6636
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

I also believe that "Puppet" would have been better suited. There is a constant reference to masters and dolls and puppet would fit better with the analogy.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 09:52   Link #6637
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Anyone have the translation for the spells that Negi used in this chapter ? I think it's a new spell...but I'm not sure myself though

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 16:57   Link #6638
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Chapter 316 is out.
Spoiler for Notes on the chapter:

Spoiler for My comments on the chapter:
Old 2011-02-02, 18:49   Link #6639
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Chapter 316 is out.
Spoiler for Notes on the chapter:

Spoiler for My comments on the chapter:
Just to clarifyed the Raw is out

also you left this part out, which i thought was very very interesting.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-02, 20:08   Link #6640
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
also you left this part out, which i thought was very very interesting.

Spoiler:
First time I noticed this part. In response to it:
Spoiler for 316:

Tags
action, fantasy