AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-16, 14:07   Link #1081
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
I didn't really mean anything nasty by that

To expand on what I meant, I'd even go as far as to say that the town in Higuashi is smaller and more isolated. Oishi was a local-ish cop that was pretty heavily involved in the story, and Akasaka was a cop from like Tokyo or something. Heck they even had some child services involvement in the plot too. I can cut them some slack over the rural town thing but not give them a complete pass.

Oh I see.

Well....we haven't seen any people of authority like cops in H2O....it seems as if the grandfather himself is the law. I'd like to know what's up with that but oh well. It probably won't be answered.
Old 2008-03-16, 14:16   Link #1082
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That one was really "all a dream". At least, that's how I took it. But if all the other episodes were also a dream, well... Takuma still hasn't woken up.
It seemed to me like they left it pretty ambiguous as far as any kind of official explanation from Otoha, I think Takuma thought it was a dream though. I'll be the first to admit I might be wrong on that though since it was a pretty screwy episode and I wasn't looking at details.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 15:32   Link #1083
Okashii

Despite the case of the drawing and the notebook, I still think that Takuma can see to some extent, after all it's a mental problem. Could it be selective blindness? Otherwise it would have left such gaping plotholes in the last few episodes, especially the part where he grabbed the old man's shotgun despite being blind.
Okashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 16:05   Link #1084
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Nah, he did it by ear. The fact he was able to get here in time, though - that's what extraordinary.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 17:04   Link #1085
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I took sometime to post my thoughts on episode episode 11 due to my server emotional response to it. But i like to watch episodes twice to make sure i got everything and my feelings were quite interesting.

The episode was of course very emotional as we see Takuma slipping more and more in darkness. I feel the series has maintained it direction quite nicely and has not strayed from what the direction should and has been. I was not surprised that Takumas story would be the most emotional one but I had no idea it would intertwine with Hayami's.

The villagers hate towards Hayamis family is of course deserved in their opinion and that as long as shes around bad luck will only continue to befall the village. Which i find most interesting since nothing really bad has happened and the fact the villagers would tourment a small girl is just wrong. But Hayami has been beaten down by this for so long that she actually feels like she should not be happy. What i cant get is them actually trying to kill her even with all that hate murder is pretty serious step and the grandfather has no problems with killing her. There is not a good bone in that mans old ass body.

Takuma feels that he should not be happy either which i cant blame the guy for his emotional state. But what i see is Takuma has melded his desire to protect Hayami and his disappointment in not being to protect his mother into one. He cant tell them apart in his mind now, which could lead to whole new level of problems or it could be the beginning of his recovery.

I feel that Hotaru is going to have to take a step in order to get her grandfather in line. Also, i dont think she is going to be happy when she finds out he tried to shoot her friend. As for Takuma's father i am sure his uncle will give him the real story of what has been going on. Hayami will be the key to Takuma getting his sight back that will be one step towards Takumas father hopefully accepting her. It has not been Hayami who has caused the majority of the damage to Takumas mentality it has been the Grandfather. If he thinks at this point he can still get Hotaru to marry Takuma he is as stupid as he looks. Takumas mother bares a lot of the blame for killing herself in front of her son though she probably was not in the right state of mind. I hate how the next generation ends up paying for the previous generation screw ups.

Another interesting point was Hayami forcing Takuma to take his hate out on her. She basically did all but lift his fist and hit herself. But she said she would take it from Takuma if it was him. In her own way she feels she is helping him by letting him get this out too bad it had to come out in such a violent matter. In the end i think everyone who has learned to forgive Hayami will come to her aid just like Yui did.

Im hoping that the blind angry wont continue its only going to hurt everyone. Im looking forward to the resolution and the conclusion.
Old 2008-03-16, 19:11   Link #1086
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

if takuma stop chase after his mother, then his vision might become better right? o_O? kinda possible ending? dunno haha
Old 2008-03-16, 20:11   Link #1087
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by siber222000 View Post
if takuma stop chase after his mother, then his vision might become better right? o_O? kinda possible ending? dunno haha
That's exactly it, as Otoha said. He's got to stop chasing death before it sucks him into it.

Lol Hayami = mother.

Hahahaha.

Looks like Hirose had a breakdown. There's only one more episode, so it can't last too long

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 21:36   Link #1088
lenneal

Okay i just finished episode 4 and all i have to say is HAMAJI IS A BOY X.X
lenneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 21:44   Link #1089
DanielSong39

As far as I can tell Takuma has been completely delusional and lived in an alternate world that very closely mirrors the actual world.

I have no idea how much of what we've seen is real, and how much is a figment of Takuma's imagination. Who knows, perhaps the Mahou Shoujo world in episode 8 is as close to reality as anything else we've seen.

At this point I'm certain that Takuma is mentally ill and the guy needs some serious help.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 22:23   Link #1090
Kefit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
As far as I can tell Takuma has been completely delusional and lived in an alternate world that very closely mirrors the actual world.

I have no idea how much of what we've seen is real, and how much is a figment of Takuma's imagination. Who knows, perhaps the Mahou Shoujo world in episode 8 is as close to reality as anything else we've seen.
Everything we have seen has been real. All of the events that have occurred throughout the course of the series have actually occurred in the same way that they have been presented. Afterall, we aren't watching this show through the eyes of Takuma - if we were, then episode one and half of episode eleven would have been a blank, black screen.

Otoha's gift wasn't to actually restore Takuma's sight, but to instead give him a close approximation of it. All of his other senses - taste, touch, hearing, etc - are still working perfectly, and everything he "saw" during the course of the series correlated perfectly with the other sensations that he was still functionally capable of receiving. This correlation was so perfect that Takuma himself was convinced that his vision was fully restored. Indeed, this precludes the possibility that he has been delusional or in some sort of dream world, because if he was then there would have been a great conflict between his "sight" and the rest of the sensations he experienced.

Finally, to deal with any minor inconsistencies that this gift might create, one needs to remember that it is magical (perhaps spiritual is a better term?) in nature. It is not fully sensical or realistic by definition. Controlled, limited application of mystical elements has been a long time trope of renai series like this, and one I have long sense grown accustomed to. In fact, I rather like how it was employed here :x
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 23:49   Link #1091
Snuffle
likes cute things

Maybe I've misunderstood it but.... Is nobody here bothered by the fact when Hirose's mom got run over, only her decapitated hand was left and it was right infront of him O_o;;;
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 00:42   Link #1092
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Vestus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Maybe I've misunderstood it but.... Is nobody here bothered by the fact when Hirose's mom got run over, only her decapitated hand was left and it was right infront of him O_o;;;
Don't bring up bad memories. Reminds me of Kanon 2006 when that one thing happened near the end.
Old 2008-03-17, 06:46   Link #1093
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Oh we are quite disturbed over it watching mom get hit by a train and then clutching onto her arm afterwards no wonder the poor guy doesnt want to see anything.

The mind is very good at protecting its self. Instead of risking more harm to Takuma it basically shut off his vision so he would not see anything that might remind him of his mothers death, triggering stress. Its the same as the mind blocking out painful memories when a traumatic experience happens to protect its self from harm. I actually think Takuma needed to have vision taken for a while i dont think the guy could have made it this far if he still had his vision.
Old 2008-03-17, 13:27   Link #1094
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well one thing that comes to mind after watching hte episode was just in some form the return of Otoha. Had her farewell and while she wasn't here for a chat since the situation was way too serious for it. Just sending the message of what Hirose has to do. Has to accept what happened and stop chasing death. It's no small feat to ask of someone. Just wanted to welcome Otoha back, even if it wasn't a bright moment.

Hirose did a fine job creeping me right the heck out. The chuckling, stumbling around on his way to the end of the episode. Guy was so gone I wanted to take a step back from the computer just to be on the safe side. Also at the end of the episode Hirose is one of the last people I'd want to be near a gun. That grandfather being number one person I don't want near a weapon. Guy has been a consistent jerk throughout.

I didn't think it was possible, but Yui has started to redeem herself. Early you wouldn't have thought that possible and the way they bridged things between her and Hayami still didn't sit well with me. But getting in there and stopping the thugs before it went further than it did really was a good thing on her.
Old 2008-03-17, 14:50   Link #1095
Keruri
Like a falling star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestus View Post
Don't bring up bad memories. Reminds me of Kanon 2006 when that one thing happened near the end.
Oh GOD. *shudder*

Anyway, I'm terribly excited to see the next episode. I almost want to say something terribly wrong and misleading like
Spoiler for This isn't a spoiler, because the information's wrong:
just to irk people. I suppose I just did. Please ignore me.

Yui.... a lot of people hate her, but she's just trying her hardest to be a good girl. She grew up learning that the Kohinata's were evil and should be shunned. Some of the things she did were overboard, yes, but if she "defeated" Kohinata, everyone would be proud of her. That thought was probably driving her the entire time. She was wrong, yes, but I can't help but feel she's a good person.

By the way, some friends and I are working on a H2O fandub from episode 1. It should be quite fun.
Keruri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 15:14   Link #1096
CJL13
God of his own ego

Spoiler for wait a minute:
CJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 15:16   Link #1097
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post
Spoiler for wait a minute:
Spoiler:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 15:28   Link #1098
DanielSong39

Spoiler for Fact vs. fiction:
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 15:54   Link #1099
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Hence why the whole case with him thinking whether he is living in an illusion or reality becomes so significant. Some events that couldn't have happened did from his perspective but in reality he may just have been a stumbling blind person. The viewers gets the treat of seeing his good moments as apposed to reality (which could have been quite different).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 16:09   Link #1100
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Some events that couldn't have happened did from his perspective but in reality he may just have been a stumbling blind person. The viewers gets the treat of seeing his good moments as apposed to reality (which could have been quite different).
Which should be good for Takuma's ego, in a sense, because Hayami fell in love with him in spite of his blindness (which he earlier attributed as the reason that he felt he couldn't do anything). Even though we got to see the story through Takuma's "rose-coloured glasses" (heh...), I think it's pretty safe to say that the feelings involved and the general progression of events are real... but we'll see!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, kadokawa, makura, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs