AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-06-08, 05:14   Link #1041
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Actually, I'm getting Mass Effect vibes from these guys. It's probably just the name though.

Besides, these reapers destroy and plunder. Borg assimilate and conquer.

And seriously, Kirk against the borg? When facing the borg you need Janeway, the only captain who constantly outsmarted and even exploited the Borg.

One thing though: Why aren't they cyborgs? I mean, you describe them as not being cyborgs 'because they have a brain and inner organs' but doesn't that make them cyborgs? Cyborgs are a mixture of organics and machines, after all. Heck, even the numbers and Ginga and Subaru have inner organs (concidering they eat, drink and can have children).

You're probably confusing the term with androids. Androids are fully mechanical.
Ya, I think I confused myself there. I didn't want them to be cyborgs with the risk of copying too much but I guess there ain't an easy way out...I'll remove that little note I think.

And about the ME vibes: I didn't think of it first but since I'm a ME fan I guess Reaper just popped into my head, since they have so much in common.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 05:19   Link #1042
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Yeah, cyborgs are cyborgs as long as they have organic parts, even if it is a couple of brain cells.

Reapers reminds me of Saberhagen's Berserkers for some reason, machines meant to serve a purpose but turning against their masters.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 07:04   Link #1043
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
@haiz: Heya, and welcome back. Sorry about the belated greeting, but I've got myself full with my brother's wedding these few days. =3
*cough* I'm pretty sure you didn't even notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Time for a new Oc to be presented (or OC army). As part of my new fic "Fate of the Reapers" (FotR) I had to create a new race and here I have their profile.

If you find anything that goes against anything, is forbidden or what not, tell me how to fix it, change it, or if I should delete it.

Spoiler for Profile:
O_O You said something about artificial beings, is that the editted one? Cause i saw a few posts below about them being very similar to cyborgs.
Cute avatar of Illya btw

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 07:21   Link #1044
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
O_O You said something about artificial beings, is that the editted one? Cause i saw a few posts below about them being very similar to cyborgs.
Cute avatar of Illya btw
No they were originally artifical beings, the part I removed was that they aren't cyborgs...which they are.

And yeah Ilya likes bread :3

Old 2008-06-08, 09:31   Link #1045
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Hello minna-san! I'm Fate T. Hallaoun, and I've always been experimenting with new styles since my first single. This is a new song I'd like to share with you...
Spoiler for Fate wants you to...:

As for the dances used, for most part, they were using Nod Your Head. As for the couple moments, this would be a guide:

Spoiler for Dances:
Old 2008-06-08, 10:48   Link #1046
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Since I posted the Reaper's profile already I might as well post another organisation OC profile: SaE.
This organisation is included in my fic "Marksman Tales".

There is little information about it in MT so this profile don't have alot either. What it does have is mostly statistics and info about the mechs and drones the SaE uses.

Spoiler for SaE:

Old 2008-06-08, 12:22   Link #1047
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
It isn't mentioned in canon, but was roughly based off dkellis' theory about the structure of space within Infinite Library. Now since space wants to stretch outwards (not sure if I'm right about that, based this off the universe always moving outwards from the Big Bang), this might just a highly energetic state and releasing the hold on the space would cause a disastrous outfold.
Hmm, I'm not particularly sure about this theory myself, but from what I can gather, spatial expansion releases a huge amount of energy as it destabilizes, so yeah, I think it works.

Quote:
(And most of all, Yuuno will go missing for plot purposes. :3)

Though to be honest, I might just be milking this mental experiment for all its worth. My main aim is to throw all of TSAB into disarray, and this scenario has the highest potential for total collapse of command and control rendering all of known space easy pickings for the Brotherhood of Nod.

Well, we all need to force some plot points nevertheless, so Yuuno missing isn't particularly out-of-the-ordinary. I think this experiment is going to produce some mighty good results, so it's feasible to work it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
Spoiler for self-narration:

Man, how long has it been since I ran dry on inspiration... >>;
Welcome back!

Quote:
Hmm, I don't recall Regius being involved in that. In fact, I don't think he learned of the details of RF6's existence untill after Hayate stepped in action.
It's admittedly a speculation. With Ground Forces and the Navy not in agreeable terms, the former is likely to impose all sorts of regulations to minimize interference from the Navy. After all, having Navy and Enforcer units in their territory is almost tantamount to them trying to steal the Ground Forces' power, so to speak. Limiters are probably one of the issues fleshed out during the discussion between the two groups, and for RF6 to be able to set up in the territory, they had to agree to some conditions set down by the Ground Forces, which possibly include the issue on limiters. Regius might not be present during the discussion (he made a thorough investigation later, if I remember correctly), but the information was passed down through the line and Regius got wind of it, which explains his irritation and resentment.

Quote:
Well, her cooking has improved (though she's still quite clumsy at it) since Hayate forces her to help from time to time, much to Tesla's dismay, as she's not really fond of cooking.

Tesla doesn't work as Griffith's partner though, since Griffith went to work at the Interstellar Navigation Bureau. She does keep in contact though, and every time she needs to get somewhere, it's Griffith she calls.
Thanks. I think I can work out something interesting from this.

Building up on Tesla-Griffith relationship, given their long-distance relationship, would Tesla pursue their relationship after StrikerS, or she'd have preferred to remain as good friends with Griffith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
*cough* I'm pretty sure you didn't even notice
Nah, I did. I just didn't have time to reply to it. Sorry.

Quote:
And yeah Ilya likes bread :3
The melon one?
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 12:26   Link #1048
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
The melon one?
*Horrified* What? That's a melon? O_o

Old 2008-06-08, 12:38   Link #1049
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
*Horrified* What? That's a melon? O_o
Not any melon, not any bread:

Old 2008-06-08, 12:42   Link #1050
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Not any melon, not any bread:

That's what it looks like! *facepalms*

Edit:...Melon....Bread.....Melonbread
*facepalms harder*

Old 2008-06-08, 13:10   Link #1051
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
It isn't mentioned in canon, but was roughly based off dkellis' theory about the structure of space within Infinite Library. Now since space wants to stretch outwards (not sure if I'm right about that, based this off the universe always moving outwards from the Big Bang), this might just a highly energetic state and releasing the hold on the space would cause a disastrous outfold.
To expand on it a little, and I should mention again for clarification that this is entirely speculation on my part, my guess on how the Infinite Library works is something TARDIS-like: the inside is a lot bigger than the outside. It's easier to imagine it if you've played D&D before, and used Bags of Holding. (Suffice to say that "inside bigger than outside" concepts have been around long enough and often enough to be general, rather than specific references.)

Part of this is due to the Infinite Library containing so much information, be it in physical media such as books or some sort of "raw data", that special reinforced magic has to be put in place to eke out a region of "realspace", in much the same way the "realspace" of TSAB Main HQ can exist in the middle of interdimensional space. I can technobabble it up to explain how it all works, but the net result is that the Infinite Library is essentially a whole pocket dimension (which, in itself, is comprised of infinite number of other dimensions) squeezed into something the human brain can conceive.

It's hard to explain the concepts using general three-dimensional imagery. I have to say "it's bigger through" rather than "it's bigger outwards", and increasing the "realspace" of the Infinite Library from the whole Library-space superset isn't so much expanding it in volume (although in general this happens anyway, if only to provide space for new physical media), but rather suffusing more parts with "realness". Making it real, so to speak, and bringing concept into physical form.

Which was one reason why I miscalculated on where the Infinite Library was, since it made no sense to keep it in the middle of interdimensional space where only a very few could access it. (Think on the point of a library, rather than a mere collection of books.) I believed that the question of "where" was irrelevant, in much the same way one might ask "where does the colour blue come from?", but I was wrong.

Now, if anything disrupts the containment of the Infinite Library's realspace, events might be... interesting for a while, if only because so many possible things could happen. One scenario would be that realspace collapses into itself, and anyone stuck inside is trapped somewhere (alternate dimension, stasis, probability-space), if they even survive. Another would be that the realspace remains stable (I doubt it, but then it's not like I'm speaking from experience), but inaccessible, or perhaps gets shunted into a convenient side dimension. A particularly flashy scenario is that the realspace forms a "seed" from which more realspace can be formed, expanding quickly in the not-space of interdimensional space: this is otherwise known as a Big Bang.

This isn't all that I've pondered on the Infinite Library, but it's what I judged to be relevant to my stories, and so it's all I've actually put into words. There's still quite a bit more (I really like the concept of the Infinite Library, and am annoyed that the Nanoha-verse contains so little canon information on it), but I've probably missed some obvious-in-hindsight questions and flaws.

Last edited by dkellis; 2008-06-08 at 13:21.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 13:52   Link #1052
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
To expand on it a little, and I should mention again for clarification that this is entirely speculation on my part, my guess on how the Infinite Library works is something TARDIS-like: the inside is a lot bigger than the outside. It's easier to imagine it if you've played D&D before, and used Bags of Holding. (Suffice to say that "inside bigger than outside" concepts have been around long enough and often enough to be general, rather than specific references.)
I've watched Doctor Who and played D&D so I know your references, and that's how I imagined the working of the Infinite Library.

I used the TARDIS as a basic material for one of my OCs' spaceship.
Old 2008-06-08, 14:26   Link #1053
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post

Part of this is due to the Infinite Library containing so much information, be it in physical media such as books or some sort of "raw data", that special reinforced magic has to be put in place to eke out a region of "realspace", in much the same way the "realspace" of TSAB Main HQ can exist in the middle of interdimensional space. I can technobabble it up to explain how it all works, but the net result is that the Infinite Library is essentially a whole pocket dimension (which, in itself, is comprised of infinite number of other dimensions) squeezed into something the human brain can conceive.

It's hard to explain the concepts using general three-dimensional imagery. I have to say "it's bigger through" rather than "it's bigger outwards", and increasing the "realspace" of the Infinite Library from the whole Library-space superset isn't so much expanding it in volume (although in general this happens anyway, if only to provide space for new physical media), but rather suffusing more parts with "realness". Making it real, so to speak, and bringing concept into physical form.

Which was one reason why I miscalculated on where the Infinite Library was, since it made no sense to keep it in the middle of interdimensional space where only a very few could access it. (Think on the point of a library, rather than a mere collection of books.) I believed that the question of "where" was irrelevant, in much the same way one might ask "where does the colour blue come from?", but I was wrong.

Now, if anything disrupts the containment of the Infinite Library's realspace, events might be... interesting for a while, if only because so many possible things could happen. One scenario would be that realspace collapses into itself, and anyone stuck inside is trapped somewhere (alternate dimension, stasis, probability-space), if they even survive. Another would be that the realspace remains stable (I doubt it, but then it's not like I'm speaking from experience), but inaccessible, or perhaps gets shunted into a convenient side dimension. A particularly flashy scenario is that the realspace forms a "seed" from which more realspace can be formed, expanding quickly in the not-space of interdimensional space: this is otherwise known as a Big Bang.

This isn't all that I've pondered on the Infinite Library, but it's what I judged to be relevant to my stories, and so it's all I've actually put into words. There's still quite a bit more (I really like the concept of the Infinite Library, and am annoyed that the Nanoha-verse contains so little canon information on it), but I've probably missed some obvious-in-hindsight questions and flaws.
Long explanation made simple. The Infinite Library exists in a pocket universe.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 14:51   Link #1054
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Or it works on the principle of a hypercube.
Old 2008-06-08, 14:59   Link #1055
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Or it works on the principle of a hypercube.
Trying to visualize a five dimensional hypercube makes my head hurt. Chances are it's not though. Trying to manage a five dimensional location would be more than just moving millions of uncatalogued books around. By all intents, it would look like two things are occupying the same space to a 3 Dimensional observation. (Imagine sticking two books in one spot. Yet not. Just visualizing how that works makes one's head throb a little.)

EDIT: On an unrelated note, a snippet of the most recent chapter work, finally broke past a wall here...

Spoiler for Small teaser.:
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 15:37   Link #1056
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
That’s not an iron clad rule its still somewhat debated what the end state of the universe will be one theory was a “bug crunch” where in the expansion was slowed then began reversing and the universe collapsed back in on itself. As I recall though current findings indicate the universe lacks sufficient mass for this to occur though. Instead it seems likely it will expand forever until we basiclly run out of energy due to entropy and it falls apart… Shame the crunch would have been cooler IMO.

But basiclly what a space does depends entirely on the space in question our universe is expanding because it was propelled outward by the mother of all explosions and lacking any kind drag to slow it (besides mutual attraction from gravity which is proving too weak) has simply continued flying outward every since.

Quote:
Maybe infinite isn't the best methos of description, but it is big, probably 1% of an entire universe of space folded into a pseudo-singularity. Inside the place is immense, but outside its probably just 1 space station's of a cylinder.
... Singularity's don't explode. Acutally the sheer MASS of something like that would be so immense that the energy required to uncompacting it would be pretty much beyond our ability our fathom. That much mass crushed down to that small size will want to STAY at that size. Acutally you'd probably need some kind of system to keep it from drawing in and crushing the station not keeping it from exploding!

Quote:
1% of a universe I believe is huge when spread out, so once the seals that shape space into the form we see inside the Library is broken, space spreads and rip the HQ from within.
See the above it IS massive which means that massive gravity would hold it together and give a density higher then even a super massive blackholes singularity... it's not going to what to come apart in the slightest.

Quote:
and even the Astronomicon,rendering all other TSAB ships blind, having lost their reference point in the Fold?
Which dosen't exist is never even hinted at again this isn't the TSAB acutally it's almost assured since they had inter-dimensional space craft before they had the HQ. (how do you think they built the damn thing to start with?) Again this isn't 40k.

Quote:
The death toll would be astronomical too, since the residential blocks of the HQ will be obliterated.
A few million perhaps IMO bad, but for a civilization with hundreds of planets still a minor event really.

Quote:
Though to be honest, I might just be milking this mental experiment for all its worth. My main aim is to throw all of TSAB into disarray, and this scenario has the highest potential for total collapse of command and control rendering all of known space easy pickings for the Brotherhood of Nod.
I don't like the idea of the Brotherhood of Nod in Nanoha to start with and I like the idea of them somehow coming out of nowhere to cripple the entire TSAB even less. Besides which this plan probably wouldn't work anyway even if the HQ was knocked out large numbers of ships (probably the majority) are away from it at anytime and Nod probably has no navy to speak of... unless now in addition to having plot armor they also have the resource of hundreds of planets to draw on.

At best this is like setting off a nuke in say DC you kill allot of people and probably cause a fair bit of confusion, but contingencies exist for such things. I seriously doubt the TSAB has NO plan if they lose HQ militarys in peace time actually have little to do allot of the time expect make plans for even the most absurdly unlikely of scenarios. Acutally taking out the HQ isn't even as bad as the above since it seems like you might not even manage to decapitate the government with such a strike since that's based on Mid, and local ground forces and probably the Air Force as well are also based on planets and so likely have there entire chains of command intact. Which means they'd still be able to respond rapidly to any attempts at internal uprisings (which is Nods MO) and crush them rapidly since there is no way Nod is a match military for the TSAB even if the Navy is weakened.

It basiclly boils down the simple fact that in something as big as the TSAB or even a nation there really is no single target you can blow up and somehow totally cripple the entire thing. This is why Terrorism is ultimately pretty much dick waving rather then an effective military tactic it's never going to acutally militaryily defeat an enemy or even topple a stable government. At best it can win a political victory, but blowing up a symbol of a nation and killing millions of people is acutally just going to drive the target into a berserk rage. Seriously just ask Japan how that whole sneak attack against the heart of a superior foe thing went for them...

Never mind that I have serious issues seeing where and how Nod is going to get very large at all in Nanoha. After all Nod really only gained recruits in its home universe because of GDIs failure to control Tib for the most part. (With GDI increasing doing this and now having beat back an Alien invasion too boot Nods future is actually looking rather bleak IMO Kane may well see this and it could be why he seems to be transitioning to a mindless cyborg army…) There is no such impetus in the TSAB where the average citizen seems to enjoy a safe clean middle class existence... This dose not tend to breed a huge population of dissidents willing to take up arms against there rulers.

And Kane religious rhetoric is unlikely to find much appeal in what appears to be a by and largely secular society either. IMO Nod as seen in C&C simply could not exist in the TSAB it would at best be a small terrorist cult of perhaps a few hundred to thousand diehard members.

That's my take anyway, but I admittedly don't know what you're exact plan is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Well, planning and stuff for Task Force Six, rough drafts and all.

Unit Name: Lost Property Investigation Task Force Six
CO: LTC Hayate Yagami
XO: Warrant Officer Griffith Lowran
Chief of Staff: Sergeant Major Reinforce Zwei

Order of Battle:
Stars Squad: (As Canon)
Lightning Squad: (As Canon)
Hammer Squad: 5-man detachment from the OFM's Assault Platoon, led by 2LT Franz Jaeger with SGT Leo Kozlov as 2IC.
Lance Flight: 5 mages from the OFM Air Wing, basically the entire Lance Flight.

While Stars and Lightning are the Day Shift, so to speak, Hammer and Lance are the nightshift, on nighttime standby and deploying as needed to back up the Forwards.

Investigation Section:
Head: Fate T. Harloawn
Analyst: 1LT Mikhail Dornitz. An intel specialist from the OFM's Intel element, Mikhail is a targeter: he finds targets, builds intel on them, and delivers his analysis to those in the field. He's gonna help Fate more on the investigation side, since he was a cop before joining the OFM.

Felix: Not sure yet. TK can give suggestions that will be listened to.
Honestly he could go allot of places he fought in a full blown magic/conventional war so he could easily handle a position on the front line, but he also worked for over a decade as a sometime PI so he could swing investigations too. That said given the proliferation of potent Air Combat mages already on hand he'd probably find more use in the investigative side of things. (the fact he'd also likely work alone more would merely be a bonus...)

Quote:
In a way this is a somewhat less grand rebuilt project. It's also my attempt to do a middle of the road approach, balancing things and all.... and also add in some conflicts and stuff: one of the things that annoy the main GF staff is that the Hammer Squad boys all wear their woodland camo fatigues, and not their TSAB Browns. But this is for the future.
I've got to admit I was thinking of something more grandiose myself... Rebuilt seems to be staled, but I really like the idea of "StrikerS+OCs+More of everything..." *TK begins pondering...*

Quote:
Franz will also have a hand in mentoring Teana's combat style; in one scene I've written, he and Nanoha have a strong closed doors professional disagreement about how to train Teana, and he points out to Nanoha that she's the Ace of Aces of aerial mages... while Teana is a Ground mage, and Franz has been a ground mage for 18 years, learning his trade of urban warfare in a hard school called Farbanti Operations Zone Alpha.
Can easily see it happening I acutally had a similar scene in my crack verse if you replace Franz with a Spartan III...

Quote:
*Whacks Comar over the head* That's my IS dammit!

Anyway, I think this is not an issue of political pushing, but more a an issue of levels.

Let's analyze the numbers: Putting the Wolkenritter together you have:

1 S-rank (Signum)
3 AAA-ranks (Vita, Zafira, hayate(?))
1 AA-rank (Shamal)

Hayate is a wild card, since we never knew her rank prior to StrikerS, but I doubt she was a SS right of the bat, so I'm tempted to label her AAA like her fellow Aces.

In this case you have only one S-rank, three AAA-ranks and one AA rank. Sure, that's a lot of power, but lets compare that to RF6 shall we?

1 SS-rank (Hayate)
3 S-ranks (Nanoha, Signum, Fate)
2 AAA-ranks (Vita, Zafira)
1 AA-rank (Shamal)
1 A-rank (Reinforce)
4 B-ranks (Subaru, Teana, Erio, Vice)
1 C-rank (Caro)

I think RF6 wasn't just so much 'a lot of firepower in one unit' but more 'too much firepower in one unit' RF6 has four over-S-ranked mages in their unit, the Wolkenritter only one, two as soon as Hayate starts leveling. And this was only during their founding, at the end of StrikerS we can tally 3 more AA ranks to the team and one more A rank.

RF6 was simply a case of 'there is no way we can get away with this'
For long under current regs anyway I can see RF6 being allowed to stand or even reform at some future point, but there should be a build up and back story that covers the process and the details of how it happens. Not just "everyone loves them so they get to stick around." or something. The other thing to consider though is, is RF:6 really a good idea as a permanent force? Sure when confronted with a major threat in one area (Jail and the Borgs and the Cradle) such a massing of firepower is warranted, but the fact is that when you mass in one place you strip another.

If Nanoha, Fate and all the Wolkies are sitting around at RF:6 they aren't out in the field adding more muscle to other line units. A single AAA or S rank mage in the right place could easily swing a critical battle so you need to juggle the positives of massing them and the positives of spreading them out. Lacking a clear and distinct threat like Jail presented it becomes debatable if spreading out the heavy hitters of RF:6 to reinforce or lead other units isn't a better use of their talent then massing them all in one place.

Arguments could be made from both sides, but ultimately if RF:6 was to continue some kind of compromise is probably going to be needed. Likely in the form of parceling out some of it's heavy hitters to other units that need them at times.

Quote:
Tesla doesn't work as Griffith's partner though, since Griffith went to work at the Interstellar Navigation Bureau. She does keep in contact though, and every time she needs to get somewhere, it's Griffith she calls.
AKA Status Quo is god.

Quote:
Everybody is piling on Hayate's unit continuing, aren't they?

oh well, curious to see as to how this one works out.
Acutally I thought Gooses idea was that it was bigger right from the start not reincarnated later.

Quote:
It's admittedly a speculation. With Ground Forces and the Navy not in agreeable terms, the former is likely to impose all sorts of regulations to minimize interference from the Navy. After all, having Navy and Enforcer units in their territory is almost tantamount to them trying to steal the Ground Forces' power, so to speak. Limiters are probably one of the issues fleshed out during the discussion between the two groups, and for RF6 to be able to set up in the territory, they had to agree to some conditions set down by the Ground Forces, which possibly include the issue on limiters. Regius might not be present during the discussion (he made a thorough investigation later, if I remember correctly), but the information was passed down through the line and Regius got wind of it, which explains his irritation and resentment.
Entirely possible to use modern police as an example if a police force wants to operate in another's jurisdiction it plays totally by the home teams rules and conditions, and this is acutally pretty rare to start with as most police forces will want to handle it themselves.

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 15:41   Link #1057
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
For long under current regs anyway I can see RF6 being allowed to stand or even reform at some future point, but there should be a build up and back story that covers the process and the tweaks of how it happens. Not just "everyone loves them so they get to stick around." or something. The other thing to consider though is, is RF:6 really a good idea as a permanent force? Sure when confronted with a major threat in one area (Jail and the Borgs and the Cradle) such a massing of firepower is warranted, but the fact is that when you mass in one place you strip another.

If Nanoha, Fate and all the Wolkies are sitting around at RF:6 they aren't out in the field adding more muscle to other line units. A single AAA or S rank mage in the right place could easily swing a critical battle so you need to juggle the positives of massing them and the positives of spreading them out. Lacking a clear and distinct threat like Jail presented it becomes very debatable if spreading out the heavy hitters of RF:6 to reinforce or lead other units isn't a better use of there talent then massing them all in one place.

Arguments could be made from both sides, but ultimately if RF:6 was to continue some kind of compromise is probably going to be needed. Likely in the form of parceling out some of it's heavy hitters to other units that need them at times.
*Noted down for future references in later chapters*

You just gave me something to ponder upon
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 16:42   Link #1058
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Geh, no time for backlog, but a small post in regards to how NOD can grow large in Nanoha, five words: Mass based weaponry and non-mages.

If you spread propaganda on how mages rule everything and provide alternatives to those without magic, one could reign in a lot of recruits.

Of course this is only a raw idea.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 16:44   Link #1059
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Geh, no time for backlog, but a small post in regards to how NOD can grow large in Nanoha, five words: Mass based weaponry and non-mages.

If you spread propaganda on how mages rule everything and provide alternatives to those without magic, one could reign in a lot of recruits.

Of course this is only a raw idea.

Wow....BRAIN STORM!!! XD

*grumbles about how he has to clean his room first though*
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 16:47   Link #1060
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

instead of nod, we could just say "non-aligned or antagonist federations/hegemonies/dictatorships"

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content