4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-22, 19:24   Link #41
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Too much talking for a fight episode. They can't go for like 10 seconds without taking a break to talk.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 19:27   Link #42
dark998

Saber vs Lancer didn't disappoint one bit, it was a really good fight. Still not a fan of Rider and Waver, though.

I want to see more of Kariya and Berserker, where the hell are they?
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 19:31   Link #43
Sorans
Greedy LN reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
And once again, Rider steals the show! (And he's got great theme music, too.)
This ^

I was pretty bored until Iskander showed up but that's because I had the bad idea of reading the novel when I started the anime. (Almost done with the novel, 2 volumes left)
Sorans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 19:34   Link #44
kitten320

I liked the fight though I must admit that animators went crazy on camera angles here to the pount that they had slightly over used some of them. It was hard to make out what is happening sometimes but over all it was good and engaging.

Looks like Assasin is not that great since he got noticed quiet easily.

Lol at Rider, he has no complexes at all. Wonder how everyone willfully react in next episode.
Old 2011-10-22, 19:55   Link #45
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Looks like Assasin is not that great since he got noticed quiet easily.
I admit, the Assassin thing makes no sense. We just hear last episode that the Assassin class can remain undetected as their class trait. Also, there's no reason the Assassin needs to be a physical manifestation to observe, unless I'm totally misinterpreting all the comments in the previous episodes concerning this. And, since we hear the conversation going on between the two Masters in cahoots, combined with the trouble they went through in the previous two episodes to perform their little ruse, and I think we can scrap any idea that Assassin was meant to be seen.

I chalk it up to a hand-wave that I should ignore so I can enjoy the show.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 19:58   Link #46
sento

It's explained in novel.

Anime just flew over the clarification as is very very minor.
sento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 20:01   Link #47
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Nice episode. Really good fight. Seems like they put a lot of research into choreographing the movements. Good footwork, good acceleration and burst for strikes, and excellent detail. Really wish they didn't talk so much, though, but it's anime so it's given.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 20:07   Link #48
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Too much talking for a fight episode. They can't go for like 10 seconds without taking a break to talk.
watch Naruto, Bleach, or any shounen for comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by sento View Post
It's explained in novel.

Anime just flew over the clarification as is very very minor.
And that is, you can write it here behind spoiler tags. I also found it inconsistent, but overlooked it because of the awesomeness of the fight (both visually and tactically).

In between, a little premature, but why didn't they snipe Lancer's master, I assume a magical barrier or something (though not mentioned)... otherwise isn't it impractical to run around with sniper rifles, only to use them as binoculars
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 20:09   Link #49
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
In between, a little premature, but why didn't they snipe Lancer's master, I assume a magical barrier or something (though not mentioned)... otherwise isn't it impractical to run around with sniper rifles, only to use them as binoculars
Kiritsugu was totally going to snipe Lancer's master. But then he noticed Assassin and couldn't risk it because Assassin would immediately notice them and kill them without any way to stop Assassin.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 20:13   Link #50
Vicious108

Didn't expect the fight to go for as long as it did, but it was extremely enjoyable all the same. The slow, deliberate, tense and strategic approach to it was remarkably well executed and I did not feel bored for a single second of it. Not to mention they really captured the sense of superhuman and overwhelming power of the heroic spirits, something utterly lacking from DEEN's lesser adaptation of F/SN. The only thing that I think didn't help make it more interesting was how similar in personality Saber and Lancer seem to be, both being very concerned with honour and a fair fight.

But even though Rider is also clearly a fan of those things, he's so much more colourful and rowdy that his intervention should really spice up the action. And obviously it was also highly amusing how, after an entire episode showcasing a fight where the two combatants are so thoughtful and careful when it comes to hiding their identities and discerning their opponent's, Rider simply waltz in and reveals his for all the world to know, much to Waver's dismay and epic reaction face.

Now we've got a three way in our hands, in a battle where the looming threat of a way larger chaos unfolding has been present from the start. With Kiritsugu, Maiya, Kayneth and Assassin still lurking in the shadows, who knows what will go down in this first yet seemingly massive confrontation between the very well prepared participants of the war. Many things to look forward to in the next episode, especially stuff like Kayneth's reaction to his impudent student being the Master of the Servant he first had in mind for the war.

The preview for the next episode makes future prospects even more exciting. I can't for the life of me figure out who says that "At last, I have been revived!" line, but with Gilgamesh's final one and the episode's title it seems we might see Archer and Berserker join in on the action (this is one of those things that I really and particularly don't want novel readers to confirm). If so, episode 5 should be off the hook, can't wait.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 20:16   Link #51
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Eh? Wait a sec, they noticed the master before assassin, yet Kiritsugu does not snipe him right then and there, and then Maiya located an assassin and requests permition to take him down, only of Kiritsugu to tell her to back off because currently the are not equipped to kill servants. So the judgement was made without knowing that assassin could attack them... unless Kiritsugu was predicting that it might be the case. If the second is true, Kiritsugu gains more of my appreciation, while the director looses points because he messed up the sequence/motivation. Still it is a minor point.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 20:20   Link #52
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That was superb. I was excited during the entire episode and kept hoping it wouldn't end. It was paced quite well for me and it didn't feel like a short episode nor a long one. The animation was also awesome for a TV series. All of the rocks flying and the effects when they do their special moves are sweet.

As for the content, I expected more of Saber. Perhaps I put her up on a pedestal, I don't know. Lancer was mad cheap though. It feels like all of the other Servants, besides Saber, get some cheap moves that make it so much harder for the heroes to win.

Anyway, 10/10 from me. Episode 5 won't come soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
And once again, Rider steals the show! (And he's got great theme music, too.)
Rider was awesome. He really does steal the show. I hope he doesn't bite the dust until the last episode, lol. And it would be great if Waver mans up a little.
Old 2011-10-22, 20:25   Link #53
Jarmel

Not a fan of the camerawork earlier in the episode. Later it got much better though.

Quote:
Eh? Wait a sec, they noticed the master before assassin, yet Kiritsugu does not snipe him right then and there, and then Maiya located an assassin and requests permition to take him down, only of Kiritsugu to tell her to back off because currently the are not equipped to kill servants. So the judgement was made without knowing that assassin could attack them... unless Kiritsugu was predicting that it might be the case. If the second is true, Kiritsugu gains more of my appreciation, while the director looses points because he messed up the sequence/motivation. Still it is a minor point.
Well my logic behind that was Assassin would know there was another party there and would be able to figure out where Kiritsugu is based off the gunshot.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 20:33   Link #54
Yuna Amakura

It seems the crazy camerawork is an ufotable trademark, given KnK5. But to be honest I personally love it.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 20:35   Link #55
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
watch Naruto, Bleach, or any shounen for comparison
It's different when they just clash once, then talk for a whole 3 minutes, and do it all over again. Other anime at least puts some of the talking parts during the combat, so there's little break in action.

This is going to be a boring anime if it's just a detective show about "who could this servant possibly be?" half the time. Especially when it's already too late when they do figure it out.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 20:44   Link #56
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It feels like all of the other Servants, besides Saber, get some cheap moves that make it so much harder for the heroes to win.
Lancer didn't have any cheap moves until he used his NP. Saber hasn't used her's. Pretty sure that doesn't mean she doesn't have cheap moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
This is going to be a boring anime if it's just a detective show about "who could this servant possibly be?" half the time. Especially when it's already too late when they do figure it out.
Half the time? They've already revealed Saber, Rider, Lancer, Caster, and Assassin's identities. Archer's may have been as well (I don't really recall if they said his name or not), and it's only episode 4. That just leaves Berserker. Hyperbole much?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 20:44   Link #57
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This is all I ever wanted for Fate/Stay Night. It's just so incredibly different seeing the servants portrayed like the superhuman they're meant to be. In the original anime you never really got the impression that they were that beyond the abilities of humans (Perhaps besides Berserker). This really just shows how insanely powerful they are.

Spoiler for Fate/Stay Night spoiler:

Still the choreography of the fight, the intensity it carried, the sound track and everything about it just came together so so well. 10/10. Ufotable you should have the rights to everything type-moon related in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

Not to Gen: This is what Sayaka vs. Kyouko should have looked like, dude. Keep that in mind if you do a Madoka Magica prequel/sequel/AU...
You should be telling Shinbo that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I admit, the Assassin thing makes no sense. We just hear last episode that the Assassin class can remain undetected as their class trait.
That just means other servants/masters can't sense their presence, not that they are invisible you know.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 20:45   Link #58
ZeKeR
Superbad

and now, I shall wait for Zero Lancer together with Lancer in a pic after this
Old 2011-10-22, 20:52   Link #59
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Half the time? They've already revealed Saber, Rider, Lancer, Caster, and Assassin's identities. Archer's may have been as well (I don't really recall if they said his name or not)
Tokiomi did in the first few seconds of episode 3, so yeah, Zerker's the only mystery left.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 20:52   Link #60
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
^ I think they meant into the characters figuring out, not the audience.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote