Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-10, 12:01   Link #581
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
Another underated anime that I enjoy is Flame like Recca, people call it a Yu Yu Hakusho rip off but I like it. The tournament arc is a favorite of mine, from anime like that they always are but over all its fun in my opinion.
I remember enjoying some episodes of it some years ago. It was pretty entertaining and it was like a "prologue" of Naruto when it comes to year release and themes ! The animation looks kinda outdated and has some QUALITY, but the artwork is still good on its own, the fight scenes looks pretty decent. Not sure if I could rewatch more but I didn't waste much time enjoying this.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-04-10, 14:47   Link #582
qb_cakes

xxxHolic :c
Old 2013-04-10, 21:13   Link #583
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I remember enjoying some episodes of it some years ago. It was pretty entertaining and it was like a "prologue" of Naruto when it comes to year release and themes !
Hey, don't insult Recca like that. :<

lol

Agree on animation-the style changes from episode to episode was VERY grating because it was too obvious...but the manga is absolutely gorgeous.

Never thought a male author could draw such beautiful guys. XD (TOKIA URMG?)
Old 2013-04-11, 01:40   Link #584
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qb_cakes View Post
xxxHolic :c
xxxHolic was the first manga I ever read, so... I don't think people hate it.

I feel like I should jump back in time a bit. Hopefully I've yet to mention this, but there's always a place in my heart for Rave Master. It's kind of strange to say that, since I actually rate the series pretty averagely, but I really do love a lot about it. In fact, it's one of the reasons I love Fairy Tail so much (I almost feel like that series qualifies as a "love but everyone else hates" since so many people hate these long-running action series).

It wasn't finished, nor was it particularly amazing in any one respect, but it had character. Beyond its typical plot (and lack of good story in that department), its typical characters, and its typical scenarios, I felt like there was a bit of heart in that series. I'm terrible at explaining why I like it, so I guess that's the proof in itself.
Old 2013-04-11, 09:54   Link #585
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Hopefully I've yet to mention this, but there's always a place in my heart for Rave Master.
Heh, I liked it too! What little I saw of it. I was annoyed there was no uncut version of the anime so I wrote to Tokyopop asking if they were planning one and they were like "No, we're not doing it" and I've kinda had a "F*ck you" attitude towards them ever since....

Their anime DVD releases were terrible anyway.
Old 2013-04-13, 20:54   Link #586
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

I like Hanaukyo Maid Tai because I like maids. It doesn't have very good production value or anything, but it's amusing.

Last edited by Soliloquy; 2013-04-14 at 11:34.
Old 2013-05-14, 08:25   Link #587
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Going to add another one, before that I'll list the ones I loved that everyone else either hates them or simple ignore them for some reason:

Quote:
Qwaser of Stigmata
Dragon Crisis!
Wish Upon the Pleaides
Battle Girls : Time Paradox (Sengoku Otome : Momoiro Paradox)
Aria the Scarlet Ammo
The Mystic Archives of Dantalian
Senki Zesshou Symphogear
Sengoku Collection
OniAi
World War Blue (Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de)
Vivid Red Operation
I really enjoyed some of spring anime that most people doesn't care at all much. Zettai Bouei Leviathan was an underrated yet enjoyable rollercaster of a fantasy ride, but the fact it had a low-budget animation from Gonzo really turned off people who hates the studio's current skills. On the other hand, I haven't seen many reactions from Ketsuekigata-kun!, but my primary attraction from this show relates to the fact that the voice acting was superbly handled by top-class seiyuus. Recently, I've been inclined into watching anime shorts that most people aren't much interested because of the format, but they are great nonetheless from what I saw.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-05-15, 21:38   Link #588
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan
Aria the Scarlet Ammo
Gurrrrl, I bought this on DVD the very DAY it came out.
And there are two Aria posters in my bedroom!
Old 2013-05-16, 05:57   Link #589
Lyocol
Banned

Naruto, at least it is many times better than One Piece.
Old 2013-05-16, 08:59   Link #590
Eragon
Still Alive

^ I don't think Naruto qualifies. You can't take the hatred on the internet as any kind of measure. Naruto fans out-number its haters by a large margin - otherwise Kishi would be out of job right now.
Old 2013-05-16, 09:00   Link #591
HasuMasu
*Artist

The haters are really vocal, but there's still a lot of us out there that like Naruto.
Old 2013-05-16, 09:35   Link #592
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Mushrambo It was a really weird show with a convoluted plot. Still, I loved seeing the main characters yelling every five seconds and pulling flames. Definitely aimed towards young kids except for the part that we learn that the heroes used to murder for no raisin.
Old 2013-05-16, 09:49   Link #593
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Mushrambo It was a really weird show with a convoluted plot. Still, I loved seeing the main characters yelling every five seconds and pulling flames. Definitely aimed towards young kids except for the part that we learn that the heroes used to murder for no raisin.
Yeah, I like that show too. But the second arc is kinda confusing due to change of protagonist from that pretty young-lady into out-of-nowhere loli. Granted, I watched it when it was airing on TV and I skipped some episodes, so maybe that’s the reason.

Btw, is it just me, or the characters pronounce "Mushrambo" as "matsurambo"? That's what I keep hearing when I watched the show.
Old 2013-05-16, 11:15   Link #594
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yeah, I like that show too. But the second arc is kinda confusing due to change of protagonist from that pretty young-lady into out-of-nowhere loli. Granted, I watched it when it was airing on TV and I skipped some episodes, so maybe that’s the reason.

Btw, is it just me, or the characters pronounce "Mushrambo" as "matsurambo"? That's what I keep hearing when I watched the show.
Well, I never got it how but the plot was rebooted and near the end they tried to explain the connection between the two stories. In the Spanish dub they pronounced it Mushrambo.
Old 2013-05-16, 11:22   Link #595
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Zettai Bouei Leviathan even though it is more underrated than hated though.
Old 2013-05-16, 11:24   Link #596
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiniest View Post
People don't hate this, though it gets bashed quite a bit...

Psycho Pass.
People bash this? Most fans I know loved it!

I'm currently liking Aku no Hana more than I thought I would. Yes, the rotoscoping takes getting used to...but it's also refreshing to watch something that's not the usual MOE MOE KYUNNNNNNNNNNN

Also, as much as it has its fans, I know plenty of people who HATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the Uta-no-Prince-Sama series for obvious reasons.

However, I find it absolutely enjoyable and not due to how handsome all of the MCs are either
Old 2013-05-16, 11:40   Link #597
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Well, I never got it how but the plot was rebooted and near the end they tried to explain the connection between the two stories. In the Spanish dub they pronounced it Mushrambo.
Yeah, that “reboot arc” actually adds to the unique-ness of the series. Also, not many kiddy anime series dare to...
Spoiler for Mushrambo's ending:
Old 2013-05-16, 17:50   Link #598
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Also, as much as it has its fans, I know plenty of people who HATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the Uta-no-Prince-Sama series for obvious reasons.

However, I find it absolutely enjoyable and not due to how handsome all of the MCs are either
Take an annoying harem show for boys but replace all the girls with handsome guys and the women-phobic boy with a clueless girl and Utau no Prince-sama is born. I don't particularly hate that show but it just as shallow as any harem shows for boys.
Old 2013-05-16, 20:58   Link #599
Chiibi

The Uta Prince boys do nothing for me. o_o

Maybe I'm just weird.
I mean, my favorite artist is a huge fan and she drew them in her style and I think she draws the most attractive guys-hands-down.
But when I saw them, even in the style I love, I was like "meh".

*google-images just to be sure*

.......................................none of them are HOT to me!!! X__________x
Old 2013-05-17, 07:13   Link #600
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
People bash this? Most fans I know loved it!

I'm currently liking Aku no Hana more than I thought I would. Yes, the rotoscoping takes getting used to...but it's also refreshing to watch something that's not the usual MOE MOE KYUNNNNNNNNNNN

I totally agree I love UtaPri as well
Closed Thread