AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-27, 15:52   Link #28901
Clue
nMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Nom@n any good news you want share right about now? Anyway, from reading the previous posts and pages. There are a mix of non-topics in these pages, keep on topic at all time and occasionally you can put a small joke out there or whatever. Someone mention that the entire Gremory team is overpowered, they fought against Descendants of heroes. If you use Bikou as an example to Sun Wukong, that is the level of enemies that the Gremory team were fighting. Ise and the others have yet to face legendary beings on their own, meaning no help from Azazel, Tanninim, or replica of Thor's hammer. The only one I considered a legendary being is Loki where they needed a lot of help back then to defeat him. Ise becoming Pure Dragon I think just opened a huge possibility of power ups and improvement. Not mention enemies as well, no doubt many beings were where watching by the sidelines as either entertainment or secretly wish for the Underworld to crumble. This Novel hasn't become boring, yet it just got a whole lot interesting.
good news reaper.
If Ross joins the harem ise will have a demi-god/yandere/teacher (since n0m said that valkyries are considered demi-gods in the ln)
Old 2012-04-27, 15:58   Link #28902
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

That would explain why Valkyrie are scarce in the Novel. Hahahaha you are dead set on Rossweisse aren't you. I do wish for her to join the harem, but in my opinion Zenovia should be next because she's been in the sidelines for 8 volumes. I wish Nom@n would explain Ise destroying Jabberwock a bit more, though knowing Nom@n is his trolling us and wants to tell us in full detail in the summary. I can wait, got all the time in the world right now.
Old 2012-04-27, 15:59   Link #28903
amtro
Distro

@reaper
The powerlevels are all over the place.
How are you supposed to know how powerful Issei is when he trashes high class devils left and right and can fight evenly with an ultimate class while both are powered up to max?
Old 2012-04-27, 16:00   Link #28904
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Nom@n any good news you want share right about now? Anyway, from reading the previous posts and pages. There are a mix of non-topics in these pages, keep on topic at all time and occasionally you can put a small joke out there or whatever. Someone mention that the entire Gremory team is overpowered, they fought against Descendants of heroes. If you use Bikou as an example to Sun Wukong, that is the level of enemies that the Gremory team were fighting. Ise and the others have yet to face legendary beings on their own, meaning no help from Azazel, Tanninim, or replica of Thor's hammer. The only one I considered a legendary being is Loki where they needed a lot of help back then to defeat him. Ise becoming Pure Dragon I think just opened a huge possibility of power ups and improvement. Not mention enemies as well, no doubt many beings were where watching by the sidelines as either entertainment or secretly wish for the Underworld to crumble. This Novel hasn't become boring, yet it just got a whole lot interesting.
That's what I've been thinking about.
After re-reading vol 4 on BT what jumped for me was the difference in lineage between Ise and Vali: one a human turned devil and the other a descendant of the original Maou. That mere fact equated in a difference of base power between the two. Although he did manage to raise his power to overwhelm Vali in normal BB, still Vali had more potential to evolve and power-up.
But now Ise is at base a Pure Dragon turned Devil that was "born" from GR and the Ourobouros Dragon. I'm sure the author didn't do this just to make Ise "fall" back to his previous state.
Yes, I'm aware that Ise's potential was so great that he was able to, in 6 months, rise from the lowest to the top tier of the young devil's.
But now, as a Pure Dragon, what is he truly capable off, what is his limit?
Because I'm guessing the hole fusion with GR was something that not even Vali could pull off. And that in itself is something amazing.
I want to know what he can do? Can he fly? Can he use Flame Breath easily now? Can he break once more the barriers of the normal and show an.....let's say....Infinite Dream?
Old 2012-04-27, 16:02   Link #28905
Clue
nMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
@reaper
How are you supposed to know how powerful Issei is when he trashes high class devils left and right and can fight evenly with an ultimate class while both are powered up to max?
agreed. in terms of power levels all we can say is that they really are interchangeable.

I like ross but in terms of who i want to see developed next she doesn't come in first place.

1)Akeno
2)Kuroka,ross,zen,ravel
3)asia
4)everyone else

darthspider ise attained fire breathing abilities a while ago.
Old 2012-04-27, 16:04   Link #28906
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Devils are a race, Dragons are a race, and so on. The classes don't matter, its the individuals in them. Just because Ise fights Ultimate Class Devils, no means does it says a Ultimate Class Devil is at a level of something like Asura. We have been introduced to few legendary beings, races, and mythical areas. More enemies are coming and will be stronger than the previous, so the wait to know them is all worth it.
Old 2012-04-27, 16:06   Link #28907
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clue View Post
agreed. in terms of power levels all we can say is that they really are interchangeable.

I like ross but in terms of who i want to see developed next she doesn't come in first place.

1)Akeno
2)Kuroka,ross,zen,ravel
3)asia
4)everyone else

darthspider ise attained fire breathing abilities a while ago.
I meant more as a natural act for him, without the need for demonic magic to make it and use it.
Old 2012-04-27, 16:07   Link #28908
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
@reaper
simple.. because the beings able to beat ise are still above current Ise.

Ranking was done b4 ise started trashing the ladder.

Current ranking now id put Ise in the top 20 without DxD ultraman.. and in DxD ultraman form at 1.

And if oppai are in danger, id put ise in the top 5.

But in Gremory, this ranking hasnt changed:

1. Ise
2. Kiba
3. Akeno / Ross
4. Zenovia being close to them.
Old 2012-04-27, 16:07   Link #28909
Azure-Priest

So no comments on Issei getting Ophis by taking Ophis v 2.0 with an EP and having the two merge?

(Sigh)

Oh well, just a thought.

I must agree though, that if anybody tries to mind-control or "thrall" any of Issei's harem with vamp powers, Issei's rage could easily reduce the country of Transylvania to ash.

Kiryuu summoning Issei? Does Kiryuu even know Issei's a devil? Although the Occult club HAS been sending out quite a large number of "summoning" flyers.
Old 2012-04-27, 16:08   Link #28910
Soji

Quote:
P.S.

Ise is the one that wants to have the ultimate harem (meaning the strongest).
Also when people are discussing about who will break in the top twenty rating game rankers
ise and sairarog are mentioned not rias(the king of the gremory team) and sairarog.

Whether the team will have rias in it or not it's up for discussion...(but we know
ise will be in it)
Ok now it's more clear(it seem i confuse the 2 thing). Yeah about that we have to see she will be in or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post
That's what I've been thinking about.
After re-reading vol 4 on BT what jumped for me was the difference in lineage between Ise and Vali: one a human turned devil and the other a descendant of the original Maou. That mere fact equated in a difference of base power between the two. Although he did manage to raise his power to overwhelm Vali in normal BB, still Vali had more potential to evolve and power-up.
But now Ise is at base a Pure Dragon turned Devil that was "born" from GR and the Ourobouros Dragon. I'm sure the author didn't do this just to make Ise "fall" back to his previous state.
Yes, I'm aware that Ise's potential was so great that he was able to, in 6 months, rise from the lowest to the top tier of the young devil's.
But now, as a Pure Dragon, what is he truly capable off, what is his limit?
Because I'm guessing the hole fusion with GR was something that not even Vali could pull off. And that in itself is something amazing.
I want to know what he can do? Can he fly? Can he use Flame Breath easily now? Can he break once more the barriers of the normal and show an.....let's say....Infinite Dream?
I dubt he become like before and not forgot now 4 of his pawn piece are mutated (if i remember right) wich mean there is more here. Also we don't yet know what his new body can and can't do. We need to see what will happen next.

Clue @ I think he mean if Ise can breath fire without use boost (if i recall right until now he need to boost himself to do so).
Old 2012-04-27, 16:08   Link #28911
Clue
nMe

Quote:
I meant more as a natural act for him, without the need for demonic magic to make it and use it.
it is a natural act ise has been part dragon since volume 2 that's why they need to perform the "ritual" on him.
he has already used fire breathing a couple times.
Old 2012-04-27, 16:10   Link #28912
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure-Priest View Post
So no comments on Issei getting Ophis by taking Ophis v 2.0 with an EP and having the two merge?

(Sigh)

Oh well, just a thought.

I must agree though, that if anybody tries to mind-control or "thrall" any of Issei's harem with vamp powers, Issei's rage could easily reduce the country of Transylvania to ash.

Kiryuu summoning Issei? Does Kiryuu even know Issei's a devil? Although the Occult club HAS been sending out quite a large number of "summoning" flyers.
Hell his rage would be so great that just the aura exhaled from him would probably break the country apart.
And then just pointing his finger at the enemy vamp would instantly reduce him to ash.
His roar would destroy whatever remained then.
Old 2012-04-27, 16:10   Link #28913
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well Darth, that is the million dollar question isn't it? We just don't know and that is one of the things that makes this Novel so good. Unlike other Novels and their characters, High School DXD is different. The possibilities are numerous, speculation is where this thread shines.
Old 2012-04-27, 16:10   Link #28914
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Clue @ I think he mean if Ise can breath fire without use boost (if i recall right until now he need to boost himself to do so).
no clue is right he did do dragon's breath without boost.

Quote:
yea, in vol.8 and also vol.9

Vol.8 against Ranger Red.
Vol.9 to defend against ross's magic barrage while trying to peep in the girls bath.
Old 2012-04-27, 16:10   Link #28915
amtro
Distro

Quote:
You mean napalm breath?
How is he going to kiss the girls then?
It would be like turning his lil john into a dragon's just for the hell of it.
It certainly wouldn't have any practical use, au contraire I bet there would be protests and anguished cries because of it.
If anything then Issei needs to attain full flight capability and maneuvering skills as well as a complete (miniature) dragon form of his own.
Old 2012-04-27, 16:11   Link #28916
aca
aca

This waiting for the next part of the property, such translation to vali said.> as a pain in the ass
Old 2012-04-27, 16:11   Link #28917
Mcloving

I know it hasn't been stated how much a mutated piece is worth, but if 1 mutated pawn piece worth 8 pieces in value then Ise has a value of 36 piece. May be a mutated piece is worth the max number of pieces in that given set?
Old 2012-04-27, 16:12   Link #28918
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
it is a natural act ise has been part dragon since volume 2 that's why they need to perform the "ritual" on him.
He inhales air, adds demonic power to the mix and produces fire. That's how he's been doing so far.
What I meant was: forget adding demonic power, just exhaling air was what he needed to produce a fire breath, like the Dragons.

Quote:
You mean napalm breath?
It certainly wouldn't have any practical use, au contraire I bet there would be protests and anguished cries because of it.
If anything then Issei needs to attain full flight capability and maneuvering skills as well as a complete (miniature) dragon form of his own.
Oh, Dragon Form Ise raging about with completed CCQ....
That's so awesome.....
Old 2012-04-27, 16:13   Link #28919
Soji

aigomorla @ I forgot he can do that without boost. I still remember the first time he learn this skill.
amtro @ He really need to learn to fly by himself._. no really this is something that I want him to learn.especially now.
Old 2012-04-27, 16:13   Link #28920
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
You mean napalm breath?
no... ise needs to learn how to control the girls and handle them.

Lets admit it, he's still the tpical male MC role for harems.
Yes he has a epic growth and his way of growth is comedy, however if you boil down to it he's still a push over from the girls.

Id honestly like to see Ise doing the toying, then being Toyed.
Id like to see Ise SNAP and make everyone dress in maid outfits like Godou did.

However it wont ever happen.
Even if Ise is strong enough to move the world, the girls in his harem will always be the ones holding the leash. :\
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, devil, ecchi, fetish, harem, nudity, oppai, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural