AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-13, 01:44   Link #2021
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

And Mugi gets the last line (which can be taken completely out of context).
Old 2012-06-13, 01:44   Link #2022
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

The ending chapter was disappointing IMO maybe that's because it's about Akira again + HTT performs fuwa2 time (again) nothing interesting.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:00   Link #2023
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

the ending is so so. Like said before its one of those life goes on endings.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 02:13   Link #2024
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well there is one more chapter left (n Azusa's side of things). Plus the extra chapters in September and October.

Plus there is of course a very large opening for more to come (Akira needs time to regrow her hair and all).
Old 2012-06-13, 07:29   Link #2025
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

The ending ... wasn't much of an ending at all. The girls found out that what worked for them in High School won't work in college . . .

Spoiler:

In all this, though, Yui got a chance to shatter the fourth wall . . .

Spoiler:

As has been said, this doesn't feel like an ending . . . well, not an ending for an entire series. More like the end of the current story arc. It's the sort of "ending" that would allow the author to step back into the series just about any time the he likes.
Old 2012-06-13, 07:57   Link #2026
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its so 'non-ending' that I'll put some minor hope on GMT's hypothesis.
Old 2012-06-13, 08:09   Link #2027
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

And Mugi gets the last word with Yakisoba.

edit: stop stealing my jokes Ithekro.

Last edited by Proto; 2012-06-13 at 08:50.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 09:24   Link #2028
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
In all this, though, Yui got a chance to shatter the fourth wall . . .

Spoiler:
I don't get it. What are you referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
As has been said, this doesn't feel like an ending . . . well, not an ending for an entire series. More like the end of the current story arc. It's the sort of "ending" that would allow the author to step back into the series just about any time the he likes.
My feelings exactly. This feels like a good place to end a volume of the series but not at all like an actual ending.
Old 2012-06-13, 10:55   Link #2029
kaitok
Inspired Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
He probably could.. but I'm getting the weird feeling that *he* is the one backing away from what is a lucrative franchise. I've watched this happen several time in the anime/manga industry both by mangaka and the publishing/production decision makers -- and no, I have no pretense of understanding the thought processes involved.
Kakifly backing away himself? I always have the feeling he wanted to end it just nice at the 4th book and not until the university chapters that's all. It was the publishers idea to continue and end it like this.

But seriously, that 'ending'? I refuse to admit it. I'll stick to my fanfics for happier K-ON endings.
Old 2012-06-13, 11:18   Link #2030
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

"That's awful!! All he cares about is the looks!!"

Never thought this kind of line could come from Yui. Truly, she has grown up...
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 14:30   Link #2031
teja208
Critical fanboy

Indeed, compared to the fourth volume, this ending felt somewhat weak. Too much focus on Akira IMO. Hopeful, anime will fix that. Although, I like the fact that HTT losing which is a nice change of pace and even encourage it. In life, you can’t always win all the time.

As for my anticipation regarding next chapter, Azusa should be introducing Sumire and Nao to the rest of HTT, and Yui harassing Azusa in front of them. I kinda miss YuiAzu after all these time while they were separated. Sumire reunite with her beloved Oneechan should be another splendid sight to behold. At any rate, I’m personally looking forward to next chapter more than any of the previous chapters.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 14:38   Link #2032
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
As for my anticipation regarding next chapter, Azusa should be introducing Sumire and Nao to the rest of HTT, and Yui harassing Azusa in front of them. I kinda miss YuiAzu after all these time while they were separated. Sumire reunite with her beloved Oneechan should be another splendid sight to behold. At any rate, I’m personally looking forward to next chapter more than any of the previous chapters.
If the manga ends without the two groups meeting up even once, I'll be disappointed. But I've been thinking maybe the University ending was less than impressive because the last high school chapter will be the true finale for all of the characters?

If it ends without a crossover, however, we will know something definitely went wrong as the series has certainly been building up to a reunion of Azusa and her seniors.
Old 2012-06-13, 14:55   Link #2033
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

You know what would be interesting. If "future" HTT songs were written by Nao.

I am unsure of what Jun and Sumire would do, but Ui could always stand in for Yui.

They only have one ED song without Azusa. "Don't Say Lazy" Could be done in the time between the festival and Azusa arrives at University. There are still a few months between those events. Or right out from University bu Azusa still has classes (and given how serious she takes thing, she might miss out).
Old 2012-06-14, 16:14   Link #2034
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

i thought it would be a grand ending ,but it felt like just another chapter, when i finished the chapter i was like 'is it over?', and i don't understand why akira was so much in the spotlight i mean isn't this series about the HTT girls

and i guess there are going to be more chapters, so was it really the ending?? and these chapters are releasing in September and October that is soo long
Old 2012-06-14, 16:59   Link #2035
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Anyone have a clue on how the Japanese fans are reacting to this cloud of uncertainty, confusion, and just plain muddy water?

If it is supposed to create buzz hype for a new series about a re-united HTT, I'm not sensing it. If it is supposed to be the closing curtain on the whole manga -- I'm not sensing that either. The sense I'm getting is "drifting into the dense fog and losing sight of" :P
Old 2012-06-14, 17:39   Link #2036
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Anyone have a clue on how the Japanese fans are reacting to this cloud of uncertainty, confusion, and just plain muddy water?

If it is supposed to create buzz hype for a new series about a re-united HTT, I'm not sensing it. If it is supposed to be the closing curtain on the whole manga -- I'm not sensing that either. The sense I'm getting is "drifting into the dense fog and losing sight of" :P
getting the same kind of feeling,
and on the other hand the high school story of fresh leaf girls was going to continue right, so what happened to that, is there going to be a chapter on this part in the next few weeks or not???
Old 2012-06-14, 19:17   Link #2037
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
getting the same kind of feeling,
and on the other hand the high school story of fresh leaf girls was going to continue right, so what happened to that, is there going to be a chapter on this part in the next few weeks or not???
There will be one. The last HS chapter is supposed to be released at the end of this month.

If the manga will follow the usual practice, then we should get one or two extra chapters when the whole chapters are made into a tankoubon.

If they'll exist, let's just hope the extra chapters will be set at the end of the last chapters instead of the beginning
Old 2012-06-15, 22:44   Link #2038
kaitok
Inspired Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
There will be one. The last HS chapter is supposed to be released at the end of this month.

If the manga will follow the usual practice, then we should get one or two extra chapters when the whole chapters are made into a tankoubon.

If they'll exist, let's just hope the extra chapters will be set at the end of the last chapters instead of the beginning
wow, so if the next HS chap ends with Sakuragaoka and the extra chapters are either in the Uni's holidays or start of uni for Azusa... I can't imagine the number of fanart and fanfics that will pile up all my K-ON resource sites suddenly. XDD It'll be like the anime, end with a sad note, and bam extra episodes that are so light hearted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Indeed, compared to the fourth volume, this ending felt somewhat weak. Too much focus on Akira IMO. Hopeful, anime will fix that. Although, I like the fact that HTT losing which is a nice change of pace and even encourage it. In life, you can’t always win all the time.

if there is even a season 3 to begin with, then I'll wish that the anime will fix that. Otherwise, the damage is so bad its beyond repair that the anime cant be released because it's just that bad. OTL.

If HTT and WKBG are meeting, I'm definitely looking forward to Sumire and Mugi meeting. They're so far the only "pairing" that we have not see in action at this age.
Old 2012-06-16, 01:13   Link #2039
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The two paths have mostly been "Akira arc" and "Sumire arc".
Old 2012-06-16, 11:28   Link #2040
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitok View Post
wow, so if the next HS chap ends with Sakuragaoka and the extra chapters are either in the Uni's holidays or start of uni for Azusa...
Not likely. To date, all the extra chapters added to the tankoubon publications have been added to the beginning of each volume, not the end.

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life