AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-29, 01:47   Link #1321
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Actually, Thornmail feedback damage is based on UNMITIGATED damage dealt to you. Meaning that if enemy crits you for 1k unmitigated damage when you have 250 armor, they would be dealt 300 magic damage (reduced by their magic resistance) and you would only take 285 damage.

And Olaf used to be the quickest jungler, only to be outdone recently by Phoenix Udyr. If you can lane Olaf, you can jungle him as well. Same goes for Noct, so you shoulnd't have a problem with jungler champs... just gotta learn your routes, your ganks, and your recovery methods if counterjungled.

BTW, Talon isn't an AP carry. In fact, NONE of his abilities scale with AP.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 02:32   Link #1322
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Actually, Thornmail feedback damage is based on UNMITIGATED damage dealt to you. Meaning that if enemy crits you for 1k unmitigated damage when you have 250 armor, they would be dealt 300 magic damage (reduced by their magic resistance) and you would only take 285 damage.
I've read both too many times, but it's been a long time since, not sure if it's changed. At any rate, seeing how it offers only armor and the passive, RO/FH are considerably better options despite the higher cost, as they give something extra (AS debuff, HP/MP and CDR). Oh, and despite what the protips say, thornmail against Trynda is always a bad idea, you just raise his damage faster.
Quote:
And Olaf used to be the quickest jungler, only to be outdone recently by Phoenix Udyr.
Wow, really!? Now I have to try Udyr next time he's free...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 04:19   Link #1323
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Regarding junglers if I am solo top 2 vs 1 since start and end up dying for first time around 12~16 mins in due to good turret dive by them and lose tower while dead I am in the right to rage at my jungler if they never once came to assist me at top in 15 minutes knowing 2 vs 1 won't hold forever?
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 04:23   Link #1324
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It depends, if he helped out by stealing drake and wrecking mid, then no. If he was a SLOW jungler (see Nasus), then yes you have every right to tell them go practice jungling in custom games and check their LV6 time. Of course, at 12-16 mins you could have asked help from mid, if that lane was doing well...but there's too many factors to take into account.
Old 2011-10-29, 04:28   Link #1325
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
It depends, if he helped out by stealing drake and wrecking mid, then no. If he was a SLOW jungler (see Nasus), then yes you have every right to tell them go practice jungling in custom games and check their LV6 time. Of course, at 12-16 mins you could have asked help from mid, if that lane was doing well...but there's too many factors to take into account.
For this game it was WW and he was really slow in this time only had 1 assist from bot, while mid was even 1 - 1 for both them(I am not sure if he had gotten drake by then or not). Mind you it was the first tower lost period.
MAL
Old 2011-10-29, 04:28   Link #1326
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post

I heard Nocturne was a very strong jungler from Konakaga. Before you start you buy the 12% lifesteal scythe first yes?
I start with Armor + 5 pot. Then make the common route , Blue-Wolf-Ghost-Red-Golem then gank start. This is for a fast gank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post

Fiddlesticks is pretty cool, and cheap too...can take on drake at LV4 (2 points in drain) and ganks very well with crowstorm and dark wind.
Yeah Fiddle , a great jungler (one of my main)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Regarding junglers if I am solo top 2 vs 1 since start and end up dying for first time around 12~16 mins in due to good turret dive by them and lose tower while dead I am in the right to rage at my jungler if they never once came to assist me at top in 15 minutes knowing 2 vs 1 won't hold forever?
Then your jungler is bad. What's the point to jungle if he doesn't help you.
+ 2v1 top , they push , so easy gank = easy kills.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 09:52   Link #1327
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Thormail is, as with most defensive items, situationally useful. Enemy carries relying on lifesteal to stay alive in teamfights? Buy Thornmail, since no reasonable amount of lifesteal will outheal the feedback damage due to how it works. And some champs can use thornmail to great effect, like Rammus taunting the ranged carry into half killing themselves via feedback damage from both thornmail and dbc.

For Noct, I'm of the opinion that he's like WW. That is, pre-6 ganks are subpar (but Nocts still better than WW pre-6 ganks) and so you kinda want to go one of the variations of the superior route (ie. not starting at blue). Most common one is wolves-wraiths-golems-back-blue to red, but others with focus on defense masteries/proper runes can do golems-wraiths-wolves-blue-back-golems-red-gank.

If starting with cloth though (still not bad for noct), if you have proper runes I highly suggest starting at wolves before doing blue, since Noct can kill wolves before blue spawns for your teammates to leash. Not only it makes you clear faster, but it gives you the option of stealing enemy wraiths before continuing your own jungle.

As for the 2v1, it depends. I would kill for a top that can 2v1 for 16 minutes, since that allows me free reign stealing their buffs, better dragon control, and more times ganking mid/bot so that the carries get fed. But if they didn't do any, I dunno what he's doing all that time.

Old 2011-10-29, 10:37   Link #1328
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

It's simply unfair to play against a Fiddle since his party skin is way too funny.

Phoenix Udyr jungles faster but Tiger Udyr deals more dmg per strike if you fear that you won't get the 3 hits for the phoenix proc.

I am by no means a good jungler but with Nocturne I'd ALWAYS go with +12% lifesteal. You spend less money and it's on the way for Wriggles.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 11:01   Link #1329
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well for 25golds. Armor is on the way for Wriggles too.
I use Armor+5pot for the fatest route for a fast gank. (or 4pot if you got a good pull)
I don't have particular problem with his gank pre-6 , he got a free banshee & a fear + mvt speed bonus and red buff what else ?
Old 2011-10-29, 15:27   Link #1330
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

My problem with cloth start is that you waste so much gold on pots. It's the safe choice (you can't go wrong with it) and it gives you the most choice on where to start, but considering I want to power level to 6 with noct, I prefer to start with vamp sceptre. Noct's ganks pre-6 just feels so lacking when you're used to powerhouse early game gankers like Rammus, Xin, Lee, etc.

I actually main Tiger Udyr over Phoenix. Big downside is not his clear speed (3:45 from blue to golems is not bad), but his dependency on wriggles when Phoenix can have double gp10 before the 10 mins mark. That said, Tiger ganks are DEVASTATING especially if you can pull off double tiger proc, while Phoenix is less a ganker and more a control jungler.

Old 2011-10-29, 16:24   Link #1331
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I always jungle with vamp scepter, also because I find the 175g pots to be a lot, but I jungle at low health, so it's much easier to get countered.
Quote:
3:45 from blue to golems is not bad
Ok, so usually I hit LV6 by the 6:30 mark, at golems you should be LV4 and if that's before the 4min mark, it's pretty fast to me. If that's your definition of "not bad", what's a good jungling time?
Old 2011-10-29, 19:10   Link #1332
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

4:00 is considered average clear time from blue to double golems (or red depending which one you do last). Fast is like 3:30, and optimally runed for speed clears has Phoenix Udyr clearing in 3:10 or so with a good pull in wolves and blue.

Old 2011-11-01, 07:58   Link #1333
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Woop, half the rotation of this week is at 6300! This is gonna be fun

Shyvana spotlight's out as well~
Old 2011-11-01, 08:08   Link #1334
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

She looks fun and not dull like riven, I look forward to owning with her,
Old 2011-11-01, 09:00   Link #1335
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Nida-like. Fun gameplay , now need her ratio.
Old 2011-11-01, 17:27   Link #1336
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

I was honestly calling Wit's End on Shyvana when I heard about her Q, figured she'd be godlike for AS/On hit builds. I'll have to wait until I can try her out, seems like an interesting champion.
Also: Anybody else as worried as me about Vlad free week?
Old 2011-11-01, 17:49   Link #1337
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoshuriken View Post
I was honestly calling Wit's End on Shyvana when I heard about her Q, figured she'd be godlike for AS/On hit builds. I'll have to wait until I can try her out, seems like an interesting champion.
Also: Anybody else as worried as me about Vlad free week?
I am more worried about free gp, singed, jax, and tyndamere whole free team annoying/bit OP there .
MAL
Old 2011-11-01, 19:12   Link #1338
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Quote:
I am more worried about free gp, singed, jax, and tyndamere whole free team annoying/bit OP there .
I'm less worried about their power and more worried about the people who play them trying them out for the first time and well... Feeding.
That said, the free weeks on the enemy team always seem to not suck, bleh.
Old 2011-11-01, 19:22   Link #1339
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoshuriken View Post
I'm less worried about their power and more worried about the people who play them trying them out for the first time and well... Feeding.
Was exactly my impression as well when I saw the list
Old 2011-11-01, 23:15   Link #1340
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I "RULE" with Shyvana! she's so fun to play as XD

Tags
league of legends, lol