Sekirei07

What does it say on Cruz's arm bands?
Sekirei07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 14:23   Link #1262
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
What does it say on Cruz's arm bands?
Doesn't matter. The fact they are made of some material that is not even compable to steel speaks by itself.

And Cruz stopped being a normal person after coming back to life. Death and Resurrection, doesn't that sound familiar to you?
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 14:27   Link #1263
Sekirei07

That maybe so, but if Cruz doesnt figure out all that he can do. It will be just like how Blade was when he first learned Saten's ability.

If it does fully come to light I wonder if Blade will memorize his power...
Old 2009-11-23, 14:29   Link #1264
Homura7

Quote:
That maybe so, but if Cruz doesnt figure out all that he can do. It will be just like how Blade was when he first learned Saten's ability.

If it does fully come to light I wonder if Blade will memorize his power...
He won't, because if Cruz's power is what I believe it's, Blade won't be there to copy it.

Last edited by Homura7; 2009-11-23 at 14:56.
Old 2009-11-23, 14:32   Link #1265
Sekirei07

Wait, you mean Blade will die?

What exactly is Blade's role in all this anyways. He seems to give Cruz the courage to go on but is that it?
Old 2009-11-23, 14:37   Link #1266
Homura7

Quote:
Wait, you mean Blade will die?

What exactly is Blade's role in all this anyways. He seems to give Cruz the courage to go on but is that it?
He's the man Cruz admires and the one who is making our little main character grow stronger with each chapter that passes...

And to become Arclight's new body. Now Arclight's body is wrecked and blasted with holes everywhere he needs Blade's body urgently.

Last edited by Homura7; 2009-11-23 at 14:56.
Old 2009-11-23, 14:37   Link #1267
shadowii

Blade and Cruz have a hero/admirer relationship and in typical battle mangas the admirer usually goes on to fill the heroe's shoes when the hero dies (a pass the gauntlet sort of thing). Think gurren lagann or however the hell its spelled. Which kind of make blade the archtype of hero that Cruz needs to ascend to and finally surpass.

It is my hope the kami imai will think outside of the box though.

Poor Eve if thats what happens, damn you Arclight and the fact that your haircut and cyber eye give you a strangly aristocratic aura (that and the fact that you call most people trash).

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-11-23 at 14:58.
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 14:58   Link #1268
Homura7

All this is great and all, but... why the comparisons with TTGL when Needless was born three years before Gainax's work? Plus it's manga vs anime.
Old 2009-11-23, 15:06   Link #1269
shadowii

^
But the similarities are numerous, so that people have been comparing them to the point that i did not know much about laggan until i started reading the needless anime section of this forum.
I think someone even started a rumor that Gerrun Lagann was based on Needless.
And i cant count the number of times ive heard on different forum: no Cruz is not Simon (at the time i was like whose simon?)

didnt you ever see this picture they posted on the anime section
http://spikewible.deviantart.com/art...UFFS-139146920
Old 2009-11-23, 15:12   Link #1270
Sekirei07

Heh, its funny cause the first time I saw Blade's glasses I had to say that it reminded me of Kamina's. Plus they got similar personalities. But I do think Blade is smarter than Kamina by far. He uses his head in a fight when he needs too, like when he fought Aruka.

Do you think Aruka will die in this series? If she is truly Judas, who I believe in the end commits suicide, would she self sacrifice herself in order to save Cruz in the very end of it all? I would think that would be the perfect trigger for Cruz to fully awaken. If he saw his sister die for real in front of his eyes by Arclight.
Old 2009-11-23, 15:14   Link #1271
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post
^
But the similarities are numerous, so that people have been comparing them to the point that i did not know much about laggan until i started reading the needless anime section of this forum.
I think someone even started a rumor that Gerrun Lagann was based on Needless.
And i cant the number of times ive heard on a forum: no Cruz is not Simon (at the time i was like whose simon?)

didnt you ever see this picture they posted on the anime section
http://spikewible.deviantart.com/art...UFFS-139146920
Cruz will become something Simon could never dream no matter how many evolutions his Gurren Lagann experiments. And Blade for me is who knows how many times more GAR than Kamina.

Aside from them, the other two comparisons don't fit.

Aruka is likely to die, but I believe she'll be eventually converted before all this happens.
Old 2009-11-23, 15:18   Link #1272
shadowii

Quote:
Heh, its funny cause the first time I saw Blade's glasses I had to say that it reminded me of Kamina's. Plus they got similar personalities. But I do think Blade is smarter than Kamina by far. He uses his head in a fight when he needs too, like when he fought Aruka.

Do you think Aruka will die in this series? If she is truly Judas, who I believe in the end commits suicide, would she self sacrifice herself in order to save Cruz in the very end of it all? I would think that would be the perfect trigger for Cruz to fully awaken. If he saw his sister die for real in front of his eyes by Arclight.
dont know something like that can not be perdicted, usually in anime and manga the sibling fight and have reconciliation as the evil one is dying, but with needless who knows what would happen. I would think Aruka attacking Cruz again is what would trigger him powering up.

Not my picture, as with the timeline and prototype adult eve so i cant say much if you dont like it. But i think with Eve and Yoko i do know yoko's smart but i think the comparison is referring to the amount of clothing they wear (or should i say dont wear).
Old 2009-11-23, 15:19   Link #1273
Homura7

Quote:
dont know something like that can not be perdicted, usually in anime and manga the sibling fight and have reconciliation as the evil one is dying, but with needless who know what would happen. I would think Aruka attacking Cruz again is what would trigger him powering up.
I don't think so. By the time Cruz finally confronts her sister in a fight to death, he will be already powered enough to fight her in equal terms.
Old 2009-11-23, 15:19   Link #1274
Sekirei07

uh well you have to admit on the scale of all anime, Gurren Laggan has to big the biggest and most powerful climatic fight in all anime history.

But I think it will be a spur of the moment kinda thing at the very end. Like Cruz defeats Aruka, than fights Arclight. Aruka realizes that Cruz is now someone who can protect her so she protects him one last time...
Old 2009-11-23, 15:24   Link #1275
Homura7

Quote:
uh well you have to admit on the scale of all anime, Gurren Laggan has to big the biggest and most powerful climatic fight in all anime history.

But I think it will be a spur of the moment kinda thing at the very end. Like Cruz defeats Aruka, than fights Arclight. Aruka realizes that Cruz is now someone who can protect her so she protects him one last time...
I think it'll go like this:

Cruz is enough strong now to fight Aruka in equal power. After a great struggle he finally defeats her and then Aruka is eventually converted, leaves Simeon and joins his future 12 faction alliance (apostols), thus she goes from Judas to Paul (12th apostol). Finally, Aruka confronts someone terribly strong (Arclight or whoever) and dies protecting her brother wich enrages Cruz to the extreme making him unlock new restrictions that awaken a new or new powers.
Old 2009-11-23, 15:30   Link #1276
Adam Cruz

I just like to add in that it doesn't look like Cruz deflected those lasers. Isn't that the testament's eye/head?

As for Aruka... it doesn't seem to go in her favor if she switches sides again. It will make her seem shallow. The writer would either have to explain her whole "kill Cruz" mode or she would have to do something huge to make up for it. But I hope the guy doesn't kill her off from the story.
Adam Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 15:32   Link #1277
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Cruz View Post
I just like to add in that it doesn't look like Cruz deflected those lasers. Isn't that the testament's eye/head?
There's no testament.
Old 2009-11-23, 15:36   Link #1278
Adam Cruz

Mayb i just looked at it weird lol. Waiting almost a month for a single chapter is an outrage.
Adam Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 15:37   Link #1279
shadowii

still think you shouldnt think too deeply about the twelve apostles thing thats adding something that has no part in the current story. its a bible reference that kami imai may never feel like picking up.

Adam Cruz
I know it could be months or half a year (six chapters) before whatever happens with Cruz happens. And we'll just keep debating hypothetical powers and ways its going to come out untill the time comes (oh the horror)
Not to mention if saten and ruri or someone else in simeon starts moving against the heroes than this whole Aruka argument, it could be a year before we see her again
Old 2009-11-23, 15:43   Link #1280
Homura7

Quote:
still think you shouldnt think too deeply about the twelve apostles thing thats adding something that has no part in the current story. its a bible reference that kami imai may never feel like picking up
Christ makes appearance, Christ's death and resurrection happened, I don't see any reason for the 12 apostles thing not happening.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen