AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-07, 19:56   Link #301
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
More Ringo! But her counterpart (blond haired student council president) isn't here, as his teasing was part of the reason why last episode was so good.

And I actually feel sorry for Habara. Clearly she learned her lesson already (only the two other girls were 'bullying' Karasawa), and she still feels guilty over the incident.

At least Literature Girl is back, as IMO it's when she shows up (and "Kyon" starts going on with his long internal dialogue) is what got me hooked in this show in the first place.
I like how 'Kyon' has a stalker now. She's just waiting and hiding for him to show up to sneak up behind him.
Old 2012-02-07, 19:57   Link #302
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Speaking as someone who has a 6 year older sister and had to deal with her and her friends since our house was the "hang out spot" for them after school, I sympathized wholeheartedly with Motoharu in this episode. That part of the episode hit very close to home.
My sisters are 6 and 8 years older and yes, that was brutal. I honestly didn't find that chapter all that funny - sadistic humor without irony or justice doesn't usually work for me.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 20:11   Link #303
SamCurt

Thinking about Hidenori's backstory again, I think I get some clue he was kept picked on back at the time. Even now he's still seen as oddball--Ep 3 had Motoharu told Karasawa "Hidenori said something strange again." (Emphasis added) I bet he's even odder in elementary; or just went the path of a far more normal Switch.

Just a hunch here and not to be taken seriously.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 23:14   Link #304
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

The Literature Girl shows up again and Motoharu's sister friends shave Motoharu
Old 2012-02-07, 23:28   Link #305
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Now all this talk about boys/girls being portrayed realistically has got me thinking why I really ADORE the childhood friend subtrope...

Because in reality, vast majority (or at least in my experiences and those of I know) of boy/girl relationships early on in life results either in either not wanting to have anything to do with one another, or things gets really messy and ugly like Karasawa.

Since I know the reality of the situation would be not at all unlike what Karasawa has suffered (albeit maybe less extreme), when I see the opposite (the idealized male/female duo thats been good friends since they are young), I just can't help but be giddy at the though of pairing the two together BECAUSE of how rare it is in real life.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 00:08   Link #306
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
"With this crappy girls band we won't be able to ride the coattails of this high school girl fad and earn the money to go to London after playing our hearts out for just one week, dammit!"
Is that an important reference or something? I didn't get that part.
It's a rip on K-On, the whole light music girl band thingy, plus the K-On movie is about them going to London

Hey, if they're probably not going to make any money, might as well use this chance to flip off everybody else
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 00:20   Link #307
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Oh my goodness the bonus segment is totally a rip on K-On! Never change Sunrise.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 00:24   Link #308
HandofFate

might have to give that K-On movie a look now then...
Old 2012-02-08, 06:56   Link #309
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Caught up on this series... and this series is hilarious. Not sure about AS but elewhere its it's being called "Nichibros" (think it started with blogsuki or something) but w/e, this is much more funnier than Nichijou ever was. I like the whole "teenage boys doing teenage boy things" style that this show is trying to present, and for once an all male cast isn't catering towards fujioshi. The skits are largely great, the punch lines are largely great. Every episode has had me actually laugh out loud in real life at least once, which is rare. Rarely do I like "pure Japanese comedy", but this has some kinda quality/charm to it which I can't exactly describe. For starter's it isn't too slapstick centric, nor is it fanservice driven and it's definitely not moe pandering (I don't see much moe in this yet) Actually I can... I actually went to an all-boys school so I can relate to how "pent up" such teenage boys can get which leads them to do stupid shit.

8/10 for the series so far after 5 eps. Keep it up.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 07:38   Link #310
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Yeah, it is also called Nichibros in the IRC channel I go to. It's to differenciate from Nichijou AND Kimi to Boku, to show how Danshi Koukousei does portray that male friendship, undirtied by the yaoi goggles of fujoshis. Guys acting guyly, making us remember what it meant to be teenage guys.
Old 2012-02-08, 09:49   Link #311
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Eps 5 is great. I don't laugh as hard as I had from eps 1 (still the best one for me), but I laugh from almost all of skits.

Even from the get-go where it revealed the fourth person was the editor not the author itself I was already laughing XD
I'm hoping the dubbing part will make a comeback on later episode.

Btw Yoshitake sounds more manly on his childhood. Maybe it's the mask
Old 2012-02-08, 10:47   Link #312
yuugi99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Eps 5 is great. I don't laugh as hard as I had from eps 1 (still the best one for me), but I laugh from almost all of skits.

Even from the get-go where it revealed the fourth person was the editor not the author itself I was already laughing XD
I'm hoping the dubbing part will make a comeback on later episode.

Btw Yoshitake sounds more manly on his childhood. Maybe it's the mask
Initially I though he was the soccer guy in the OP due to the hair color. Who figured out it was Yoshitake from the start?
yuugi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 10:48   Link #313
julez
Tsundere-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
My sisters are 6 and 8 years older and yes, that was brutal. I honestly didn't find that chapter all that funny - sadistic humor without irony or justice doesn't usually work for me.
I didn't find that segment funny either, and I am an older sister with an otouto. I would never allow my friends to humiliate him like that, so that part made my heart ache for Motoharu Poor guy wanted to escape them only to find out they were staying over, what a nightmare, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCurt
Thinking about Hidenori's backstory again, I think I get some clue he was kept picked on back at the time. Even now he's still seen as oddball--Ep 3 had Motoharu told Karasawa "Hidenori said something strange again." (Emphasis added) I bet he's even odder in elementary; or just went the path of a far more normal Switch.
When that segment started I was like, this is oddly dramatic for this type of series... yes Hidenori is an oddball with a unique but fun sense of humor, maybe it wasn't appreciated in elementary school?
I instantly knew the rubberband superhero was Yoshitake just from his hairstyle. I wonder if Yoshitake knew all along that it was Hidenori that he saved?
Old 2012-02-08, 10:58   Link #314
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuugi99 View Post
Initially I though he was the soccer guy in the OP due to the hair color. Who figured out it was Yoshitake from the start?
Quote:
Originally Posted by julez View Post
I instantly knew the rubberband superhero was Yoshitake just from his hairstyle. I wonder if Yoshitake knew all along that it was Hidenori that he saved?
I usually don't watch Nichibro while thinking, but after the revelation I rewind the flashback scene to see which part of the masked kid that resemble Yoshitake, and yes the hairstyle is the same like Yoshitake's now ^^

I felt sorry for Tadakuni, he's supposed to be the main character of the series isn't he? But his screen time since the previous episode was so short compared to Hidenori, and even Karasawa on this episode
Old 2012-02-08, 11:09   Link #315
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
I felt sorry for Tadakuni, he's supposed to be the main character of the series isn't he? But his screen time since the previous episode was so short compared to Hidenori, and even Karasawa on this episode
It actually fits his character bio, which says that he doesn't have much of a presence despite being a main character.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 11:17   Link #316
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by julez View Post
I didn't find that segment funny either, and I am an older sister with an otouto. I would never allow my friends to humiliate him like that, so that part made my heart ache for Motoharu Poor guy wanted to escape them only to find out they were staying over, what a nightmare, lol....
For some reason this was a great consolation to read.
Old 2012-02-08, 12:10   Link #317
Miraluka
Banned

Spoiler for Coincidence?:

OMG! Its HER!

Poor Motoharu, where is bodyguard bear when you really need him.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 20:22   Link #318
SamCurt

Quote:
I usually don't watch Nichibro while thinking, but after the revelation I rewind the flashback scene to see which part of the masked kid that resemble Yoshitake, and yes the hairstyle is the same like Yoshitake's now ^^
Well, he's now blond. And completely devoid of that hair colour's connotations in Japan.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 22:14   Link #319
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

God I love this series!

It's just so hilarious, so funny I make it a point not to be eating or drinking while watching now.

I loved the Savior segement, the guys taking hits and going down so the Mister Savior wouldn't be embarrassed
Karasawa even falls down into a cool pose

And it was all for naught since it involves the most adorable and most hoplessly airheaded Ringo-chan~

Then there was "NoooOOoOOoOOO....NooooOOooOO!"
Good to see Literature Girl again, it's rather cute and scary when she looks up

The Highschool Girls are funky segement was funny as hell, Karasawa trolled them brilliantly!
Seems to me Karasawa is somewhat a hit with the girls, albeit probably not in the way he'd hope/like
Totally did not expect him to be hiding something a like a scar under his cap but it makes sense why he's wearing it all the time now.
I'm with DragoonKain3 here, now I see the relationship he has with the girls and in particular Habara, I gotta go with the childhood friend route there

Funny how the VA for the girls are the same ones for the boy bullys
Old 2012-02-08, 23:04   Link #320
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I have a feeling that while Habara seems to be the most mellow now of her circle of friends, it's likely that she wasn't ALWAYS that way. The incident with Karasawa might explain just why her personality made a massive shift (and for the better, it seems).

Tags
comedy, satire