AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

View Poll Results: Horizon - S2 - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 26 60.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 27.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 6.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-16, 01:04   Link #61
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Reading the comments each week make me realize how much information I'm missing regularly after watching an episode the first time. This is the only series where I've to watch an episode more than once before I start getting a clue. This was another good one with added focus on the fanservice. Very good fight scene also. I think the only criticism (minor) I've is the awkward transition to Horizon's "bird feeding" from her "crying" a moment ago.
Old 2012-08-17, 06:08   Link #62
Shiyumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I think the only criticism (minor) I've is the awkward transition to Horizon's "bird feeding" from her "crying" a moment ago.
That was the point. Right now she can only change between sadness and somewhat emotionless.
Old 2012-08-17, 06:22   Link #63
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I think the only criticism (minor) I've is the awkward transition to Horizon's "bird feeding" from her "crying" a moment ago.
Horizon was pretty alive she cried last season... but she's back in being a doll again... though she did acquire some of her lost memories or emotion?
Old 2012-08-17, 06:39   Link #64
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Actually, it is a little more tricky: Last season, Toori managed to let Horizon (soul) to express what she truly wants, as opposed to her automaton body and functions (p01-s).
That said, even if he managed to make her admit she wants to live, she has the nagging issue that she doesn't have any interest for emotions (due to the automaton doll nature of her body), and her "best course of action" program also keep stating that it would be best not to wage war for the DSA, otherwise many people will die.

In a nutshell, Horizon is in conflict due to what she truly wants, and what the consquences would be if they were to conquer the world, supplemented by what her doll functions dictate so (which also explains why she was that affected by Juana's DSA, literally dejecting her whole self).
Old 2012-08-17, 07:49   Link #65
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

There is also the very real moral question of whether it is okay to start a war over one person. Sure, you might what to do it for love, but the one you love might not like what you do to achieve this.

Now, the reality is that the historical re-creation is in itself immoral and Toori is doing the world a service by breaking the system. So on that ground it is justified to fight this war. But that is really only a side effect. People rarely fight for the sake of "the world". That's too broad. Most could only fight for those they love, and that's what Toori is doing here.
Old 2012-08-17, 07:53   Link #66
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

You can also say that if Motonobu knew what he was doing, gathering the Armaments is the only way to stop the world spiralling to destruction.
Old 2012-08-17, 09:04   Link #67
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Anyone else here notice that Tori seemed kind of series this episode for once in a long time? I think the last time we saw him like that was during season.
Yep, very interesting to watch. The moment the conversation started taking a turn for the serious, I found myself eager to see how the ever glib and silly Tori would handle the heartfelt emotional stuff, and he surprisingly handled it rather well. I hope that Horizon gets all her emotions back and returns to her normal self, because she was such a pretty and emotionally deep girl in the flashbacks.

And man, good old Tenzo. His budding ass obsession was hilarious. Though I can't blame him for becoming an ass man considering that apparently every female in the Horizon world is either flatchested or has boobs that are so huge they're just grotesque.
Old 2012-08-17, 09:15   Link #68
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

I couldn't stop thinking that by the end of this series, Toori will die because of his own contract

leaving fully recovered Horizon and his legacy behind
Old 2012-08-19, 23:41   Link #69
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

This show is just amazing!

I mean how can you fault a show with something such as a move called "(delicious)flast-chested evasion"?
You can't, not even a boob man like myself can fault that, it's faultless!

Then you've got deadpan Tachibana Gin, which will always amuse me to no end, fact she plays deadpan while chopping off a wolfman's arms makes it all the better.

Then there's Kimi-onee-sama, still the best big sister in the business.
her advice was great

Lastly but most importantly as the saying would have it "DAT ASS", like the "DAT ASS" of anime.
And what's better than the "DAT ASS" of anime?
2 of the "DAT ASS" of anime!
The 2 hottest girls in anime right now, even surpassing my lovely Takamura Yui!
Tenzou is one lucky bastard!

Altho I'm very interested in the headless-head-carrying-ghost, something like that showing up does pique my interest quite abit.
Old 2012-08-20, 02:42   Link #70
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
I couldn't stop thinking that by the end of this series, Toori will die because of his own contract

leaving fully recovered Horizon and his legacy behind
You are assuming that Horizon would let him die.
Not like dying ever stopped characters from hanging around. Horizon's dead too, remember? Nevermind the actual ghosts in the show who act like they never left.
Old 2012-08-20, 05:51   Link #71
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
The 2 hottest girls in anime right now, even surpassing my lovely Takamura Yui!
Tenzou is one lucky bastard!
Well, it's not like Elizabeth is in love with him too. He's still lucky though.
Old 2012-08-20, 13:06   Link #72
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well, it's not like Elizabeth is in love with him too. He's still lucky though.
Even so, he's still lucky in that he's got Mary one of the hottest girls around interested in him and the fact she has a twin is awesome just adds to her awesome-ness.
If we go ahead and throw in Elizabeth as well then, I think I can truly say I honestly envy the lucky bastard.
But props to him, his good nature wins him some mega karma points!

Now I don't know what will come this "love tiangle" which I doubt anything will but it's nice to think something might.
Old 2012-10-04, 09:04   Link #73
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Really starting to get into the groove of this show as I watch one episode per day to finish up. Something about it's style of comedy reminds me of Western cartoons (Futurama, Simpsons, Family Guy anything on Adult Swim etc) anything goes philosophy of humor albeit not as crafty and more visual. It's just so random and bizarre a lot of the time. You'll just have people fighting and then it'll flash over to people dancing in place while observing the battle and then over to a completely ridiculous chase sequence. Although out it's kinetic though and it has that usual Sunrise stamp of absolute confidence in what they are doing no matter how bizarre it may seem (Code Geass, Gaogaigar, Binbogami-ga) that it never becomes impossible to take the show seriously when it needs to be again. This show really shouldn't work and be as entertaining as it is, but something about the production effort makes it do so. More so than the first season even.

Also Sunrise anime is out of it's mind right now with all the gar chicks. Neito in particular was great this episode just tanking getting stabbed all over without even falling down and then coming up huge in a battle where she was clearly way out matched. It's a shame they basically go silent this season as they've been on a role with their female characters of late who are more than just a pretty face. If only they could have shared some of that garness with the cast of AGE. It's like literally every show they did this year got an awesome cast except for that ones which is just okay (thanks Level 5 ). Meh....
Closed Thread