AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-18, 10:36   Link #2021
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
The AI seems to prioritize melee... Seems Amitie goes near even though she's ranged...
Old 2012-01-18, 11:03   Link #2022
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Let's have more depth on this thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Chrono: Alternate between jenga and snipe.
Lure enemies into binds, get close hit a couple of times and then go long range, the enemy will follow you and they'll fall for the bind. He can't keep up in a long range fight and he can't fight continuously on close range. Alternating is the key to Chrono.

Quote:
Vita: Giant Iron ball and homing balls are your best friend (and if they don't have super armor, gigant or rakaten when you see the whites of their eyes).
Close range is her key. If you are forced into long range fighting use her triangle attack and if it hits press triangle again. It will continue as a combo. Using her circle attack after a combo on close range that finishes with circle is recommended.

Quote:
Kyrie: Rapid fire and finest cannon (same with Amitie).
Kyrie can put pressure on long range but she is better in close range. Using combos that end in circle and adding a triangle attack. Same with Amitie/Amita.

Quote:
Nanoha: axel shooter and divine buster.
BUSTER SPAM.

Quote:
Reinforce: just use hibiki or whatever that violet beam is. Or spam the bind when the opponent stops to attack. Also used balls+hibiki.
Placing her charged triangle attacks as a shield to other attacks is good, using three to attack takes something like 20% of total HP, explosive bind still ruins everyone's day. Don't get into close range fighting. She sucks at it.

Quote:
Hayate: alternate between long and short charges xD. Also used swords.
Pressure with Square attacks, attack with triangle. Remember, hold the button and the spell will charge, you can move AND you can still use the other button. (Square if you are charging triangle for example.)

Quote:
Fate/Levi: Guard+Full Drive and Sonic Form. Then attack from Long Range. Spark and Slash.
Fate's attack don't waste much magic so go wild on long range attacks. Levi eats through her magic so you need to get close and personal.

Quote:
Einhart: simply spammed reflect projectiles.
Close range, end with circle, use her circle attack, close range, continue 'till enemy dies.

Quote:
Vivio: spammed bullets like crazy. Or beat opponent up in melee.
Close range, then go with her square attack. Use triangle to rush when the opponent is more close ranged than long. Binds as mines.

Quote:
Stern: same as Nanoha except Pyro and Blast Heat.
HEAT SPAM

Quote:
Dearche: arondight. Or spam basic ranged projectile like a machine gun.
Same with Hayate.

Quote:
Signum: KILL IT WITH FIRE. (slash sometimes).
Use her charged square to get close, you can continue to combo with triangle. Her circle is unreliable. Fire serves as pressure nothing more.

Quote:
Zafira: kick kick kick (circle or D).
RIDER KICK FOOLS INTO OBLIVION. IIRC unless the attack is charged you should be fine.

Quote:
Twins: jenga (to hell). And try getting FD in.
Same thing as Chrono.

Quote:
Shamal: ......... Just try to lure to shield. I had problems using her.
Way better than battle of Aces. Her FDA is one of the strongest. Her shield stops everything, even U-D attacks. Her hurricanes always follow opponent, they mess up the CPU on close range. Her charged triangle attack has a good range and all of her close range options have a lot of range.

Quote:
Touma: silver cannon, most of the time.
Always keep in mind his divider range, never go to far. When in trouble his triangle attacks messes everyone.

Quote:
Yuuno: .... Shield charge (lol wtf is a Crusader skill from RO doing here...) and run.
See every video I posted.

More general stuff.
Most grabs only work on the first frames so get close and then circle. Only recommended when enemies are guarding or using defender-like-skills.
Only dash away once to escape attacks, is all you need most of the time.
If you have no magic, try to EX guard. It doesn't waste magic and can be used when in red. Timing is tricky but not unforgivable.
You have Full drives, use them and spam all your long range attacks. Most of the time, the damage you do in Full Drive will be better than using the Full Drive Attack unless you are in Time Attack.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 11:20   Link #2023
rxrx

Just to add to the above, try not to combo your FBD as it would reduce the damage done. Best would be go full drive, then hit the enemy when they are in the air. Timing is important and I find Vivio, Heidi, Touma and Yuri's trigger to be the best, especially the last two as the range is long.

Laith, can you give me some tips using Chrono against Yuri in Sequence 11? Only he is left for me to get a complete story mode and then I can focus on playing the other modes more.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 11:31   Link #2024
Laith
*Author

Can do.

Chrono against U-D has two phases. When you haven't broke her shield you have to stay on the edge of the long/close range line. That way you just have to strife to avoid her attack. Spam his Charged Square until her shield breaks. you are going to get hit a couple of times. Something I find useful is to start moving when you see her charging her attack. If she tries to get on close range, grab her.

When the shield breaks, use the FBA on that moment. After that, you won. Chrono's bind is faster than her attack so you bind her, get close to attack end your combo on circle and then use charged square and repeat 'till timeout/U-D's defeat.
Old 2012-01-18, 11:49   Link #2025
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Most of the characters outside of the Aces and the Wolkenritter have only 1 costume with 1 alt colouring. Vivio doesn't have another costume.
The wolks have more than one costume? (IIRC the ones i saw where Vita's weir Katamari costume, Signum's gold armor thing, Zafira's umh... fundoshi xDU and Shamal's casual outfit in A's).

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 11:52   Link #2026
Laith
*Author

Vita has normal wear, Namco and Swimsuit.
Shamal has normal wear, Namco and Swimsuit
Signum has normal wear, Namco and Swimsuit
Zafira only has swimsuit
Reinforce has normal wear, Namco and Swimsuit.

All of those have also an alternate palette which makes 7 for the female and 3 for the dog.
Old 2012-01-18, 12:01   Link #2027
rxrx

Thanks Laith. I will see challenge Yuri again then. Something not related, what is with Zaffy's swimwear anyway? Bad joke on the creator's part?
Old 2012-01-18, 12:05   Link #2028
Laith
*Author

I believe is something like Samurai's used them and Zafira is a Samurai in everything but name so there you go. Also comedy factor.
Old 2012-01-18, 12:07   Link #2029
rxrx

I see. I just felt like making Zaffy a criminal as I use the swimwear and played Arcade Mode, and all the characters I fight all all underage expect Precia and it just feel wierd. Felt like calling the cops if you know what I mean.
Old 2012-01-18, 12:07   Link #2030
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
I believe is something like Samurai's used them and Zafira is a Samurai in everything but name so there you go. Also comedy factor.
Hear Vivio squicked by Zafira's swimsuit in the PV was pretty hilarious xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-18, 12:23   Link #2031
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
What was pissing me off last night was trying to beat Time Attack with Shamal. I didn't expect to get the Namco outfit and I just wanted to get her swimsuit (if I want a Wolkenritter to oggle, I always default to Shamal). To my surprise I actually did really well with Shamal and by the time I got to Yuri my time was under 200 seconds meaning all I needed to do was win by K.O or time out.

Nope.

I tried three bloody times but each time I almost got Yuri's HP to zero she suddenly became invincible and killed me with a huge string of attacks. The most unforgiving was how she'd use her bind, I'd dash out of it, but it still caught me somehow. Bullshit.
Old 2012-01-18, 12:25   Link #2032
Laith
*Author

What's your skill set-up Raiser? That is the make or break. (Also always finish with FDA, easier at least. And you probably found a bug or somesuch.)
Old 2012-01-18, 12:26   Link #2033
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^^ Kind of reminds me of Orochi from King of Fighters '97

The guy is ungodly powerfull(have a special attack that hits the entire effing screen!) unless you discover he's incrredibly weak to "dash & grab" tactics xDU.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-18, 12:29   Link #2034
Laith
*Author

Someone mentioned KoF? Loving there! (My country loves KoF more than any other fighting game you see)

Man Orochi was easy. You just needed to learn the timing of his attacks. Everything could be rolled forward and then combo 'till he falls. And that special wasn't bad, you just guard and then bam, free hits.

/Off-topic except not really.
Old 2012-01-18, 12:30   Link #2035
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
I actually managed to get through the damned story mode today.

Need to unlock Stern, Dearche, Einhart and Vivio.

This game really isn't that fun. I'm just doing it because I can't stand to see a character roster unfilled.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 12:36   Link #2036
rxrx

The thing is Nanya, the fun of the game is the story mode which has been nicely translated already. Other than that, this is just a character game that is okay if you like the series. Also, be perpared to tear your head off if you are unlucky as the way to unlock these ladies is by playing arcade mode, go through without losing and they will challenge you. Good luck as who would appear is random.
Old 2012-01-18, 12:42   Link #2037
Meltyred

Well if you hate playing story mode I recommend only playing arcade mode to unlock characters, and just choose someone you think you can beat UD easily with.
(To be honest it's not a hard game if you don't mash buttons.)
Also, once you reach a certain amount of points you will get those characters eventually, though you shouldn't be missing a lot of them at that point. (I got very unlucky with Thoma never showing up, must be cause I used Hayate.)
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 12:43   Link #2038
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
What's your skill set-up Raiser? That is the make or break. (Also always finish with FDA, easier at least. And you probably found a bug or somesuch.)
MP Loader (always a must), Close range def lv 2, and Close range pow lv 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Need to unlock Stern, Dearche, Einhart and Vivio.
Stern and Dearche should have been unlocked at some point during the story mode. Einhart, Vivio, and Thoma are only unlocked by beating them when they randomly appear in Arcade mode.
Old 2012-01-18, 12:49   Link #2039
Laith
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
MP Loader (always a must), Close range def lv 2, and Close range pow lv 2.
Hmm you are in Time Attack right? Change everything to offensive. Use Drive Extend, Drive Critical and whatever you want as the third. Long Range Pow 2 or Cross Range Pow 2 could be recommended. That way you can do 20% more damage on every attack (Drive Critical) have more time to do your FDA (Drive Extend) and since Drive Critical affects the FDA, you'll be taking more than half of their life bar in that attack. I don't recommend MP Loader because ideally you shouldn't be running out of magic in Time Attack in the first place.

Quote:
Stern and Dearche should have been unlocked at some point during the story mode. Einhart, Vivio, and Thoma are only unlocked by beating them when they randomly appear in Arcade mode.
Stern and Dearche are unlocked by finishing Final Sequence with various characters via Story mode.
Old 2012-01-18, 13:12   Link #2040
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
This game really isn't that fun. I'm just doing it because I can't stand to see a character roster unfilled.
'could send it to me if it's that much of a torture to play. I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote