AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-01, 20:19   Link #3181
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Fiamma's power is like have a one-hit KO option in an RPG alongside all the other options? That's a pretty vivid explanation Touma lol.
With everything that's been happening, I almost forgot that Touma was an otaku.
Old 2010-06-01, 20:31   Link #3182
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
With everything that's been happening, I almost forgot that Touma was an otaku.
Courtesy from Tsuchimikado and Aogami .
Old 2010-06-01, 23:17   Link #3183
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Touma likened Fiamma’s power to having ‘One hit KO’ in a RPG game (like Final Fantasy) alongside the other options like ‘Fight’, ‘items’ and ‘magic’, saying it’s really unfair.
I also like how Touma ignored that he also have "Immune To All Abnormal Status & Elemental Attack" as well.

Hax calling other people hax...What an irony.

Last edited by Sixth; 2010-06-01 at 23:38.
Old 2010-06-02, 01:26   Link #3184
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

*reads up

Errr.... no. Vent didn't just become capable of using magic. Rather, the formula that controls Queen of Adriatic was designed by her in the first place, and followed the affinity of her angel's element.
Old 2010-06-02, 01:34   Link #3185
MonkeyDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I also like how Touma ignored that he also have "Immune To All Abnormal Status & Elemental Attack" as well.

Hax calling other people hax...What an irony.
I'm not exactly sure what vendetta you have against the character Touma, but it's not really a fair comparison here. His "Immune to All Abnormal Status & Element Attack" is limited to his right hand and it's strength is probably at most at the level of a heavyweight boxer since Touma is awesome like that. Fiamma has a third hand that pretty much raped Vent as well as well as completely negate the power of the Queen of the Adriatic fleet. Let's not forget the 30-40km fire sword he used to decimate the building they were in...
Old 2010-06-02, 04:23   Link #3186
gowfan05

How many novels are there currently at this point?
Old 2010-06-02, 05:44   Link #3187
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowfan05 View Post
How many novels are there currently at this point?
20 volumes.

I am nobody, just a simple resource cabinet.....
Old 2010-06-02, 06:08   Link #3188
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
I'm not exactly sure what vendetta you have against the character Touma, but it's not really a fair comparison here. His "Immune to All Abnormal Status & Element Attack" is limited to his right hand and it's strength is probably at most at the level of a heavyweight boxer since Touma is awesome like that. Fiamma has a third hand that pretty much raped Vent as well as well as completely negate the power of the Queen of the Adriatic fleet. Let's not forget the 30-40km fire sword he used to decimate the building they were in...
Be fair, just because someone has more hax than him, doesn't make his lesser hax. If you look at the bigger picture, his hax have the potential to decimate/negate 99% of the magician and esper.

Can you imagine how much effort and time that those magician and esper spent to master their ability only to learn that they cannot beat Touma, and the Touma that I am speaking is just your average street brawler.

Just imagine if Touma actually serious to learn some fighting skills, doing some workout and unlock his hax or "awaken" in the future...

And if that really happen, I can see Fiamma is the one who going to say the same thing " Oh man, Touma is like Super Optional Boss in Final Fantasy which immune to anything yet a hard hitter and have unlimited ATB...What am I thinking... to accept his challenge...Damn it !"
Old 2010-06-02, 07:41   Link #3189
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

and your point is...?
Old 2010-06-02, 07:54   Link #3190
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
80 meters in length is almost twice as long as any strategic bombers in the world. Name any: the American B-52 Stratofortress, the Russian's Tu-95 and Tu-160... AC's bomber is nearly twice the size of any of these planes.

In fact it is a bit too large that its speed would mean it has enough power to race against our real-world fastest fighter planes, and as such is even faster than a regular hypersonic cruise missile. And with its speed alone it looks like sonic booms caused by it can cause some real danger to things around it...

EDIT: I think it's either me or you got the dimensions wrong, but if I'm wrong then I'm somehow thinking for a plane its size (slightly longer than the B-2 Spirit yet with a wingspan TWICE the length of any existing bombers)... with those speeds it is very, very powerful - that it's too baffling. I'm thinking the author might be thinking something like this: "Hey, let's make a cool plane like this in the story. Never mind the physics, as long as its cool!" << joke quote
Can we even call it a 'bomber'?

Anyway, I'm thinking it's nuclear powered or something (GN Drive ) I too had been wondering what reasons could warrant such a massive aircraft. Aside for being able to withstand insane amounts of G force, I'm wondering if it could actually hold a fusion generator inside... Also, am I reading this correctly? It has a UAV command system as well as laser weapons?

Also, I read that academy city also use other fighters aside from that massive plane? Any details?
Old 2010-06-02, 08:46   Link #3191
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Can we even call it a 'bomber'?
I'd rather call it a sub-Hresvelgr (that damn one hell of a big mothership in a certain fighter jet game).

Well, it's Academy City. Nothing is impossible (except magic) :P

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-06-02, 09:12   Link #3192
tsunade666

I'm quite busy lately so I stop reading but when I reread it.

It's quite hard to read but I think their are 2 ones. Because the 80 meter long gigantic plane is called a carrier or something. It carries all the fire arms or rather .... a flying carrier? like the sea battleships carrier. But this one aside from the gigantic one their are small fighter with the size of 15-20 meters. And all air craft had insane speed. If I'm classifying stuff then the gigantic one is the massacre bomber and the small one are speed demon.

And at first I though I'm reading some sci-fi novel but I forgot that index is a sci-fi one. (maybe because I'm more attached on the magic side) but When I'm reading the fire power I remember the gundams specially the small kite like laser system. When I read that. I immediately remember the dragon system in gundam seed destiny but heck this is index.
Old 2010-06-02, 09:22   Link #3193
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

As i've recalled from history channel, we already have the technology for prototype laser weapons fitted onto planes that can shoot down missiles, so I guess it's not too hard to imagine academy city with it's thirty years advance technology to possess working laser weapons.

Wire-guiding ten UAVs That can out manueve state of the art Russian fighters all at the same time might be a totally different thing altogether.
Old 2010-06-02, 12:34   Link #3194
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Be fair, just because someone has more hax than him, doesn't make his lesser hax. If you look at the bigger picture, his hax have the potential to decimate/negate 99% of the magician and esper.

Can you imagine how much effort and time that those magician and esper spent to master their ability only to learn that they cannot beat Touma, and the Touma that I am speaking is just your average street brawler.

Just imagine if Touma actually serious to learn some fighting skills, doing some workout and unlock his hax or "awaken" in the future...

And if that really happen, I can see Fiamma is the one who going to say the same thing " Oh man, Touma is like Super Optional Boss in Final Fantasy which immune to anything yet a hard hitter and have unlimited ATB...What am I thinking... to accept his challenge...Damn it !"
Umm. Touma has a hard time dealing with most magicians when they fight. And when we think about his right hand's cons, with the right hand that can neglect all abnormal power, he'll never be able to use abnormal power himself either, including magic and esper power.
Spoiler for how Touma got killed:

It took most magicians and espers ages to develop their power, but it's damn right hopeless and pointless for Touma just to have one in the first place.
Street brawer won't let u fly, incantation, lift a car, use a certain sword with the power of Arch Angel Michael, heal, take down a helicopter, destroy a building, blow his own house with laser beam etc.
Old 2010-06-02, 13:38   Link #3195
sasuke706

Quote:

Everyone has a chance of defeating Touma, even without their abilities. Hell, if they were creative, all they'd really have to do is attack Touma with their surroundings, as he negates the power itself. If a chunk of concrete is flying at Touma due to someone's power, all he can do is dodge or he's screwed.

And look how much effort Touma has put in to master his own ability, getting beat half to death with the majority of his fights with espers and magicians. He can 'feel' AIM, so he has an advantage against espers, but magicians still seem a bit unfair. Plus, he's worked up his endurance through unfortunate events. Also, average is a bit harsh, he uses his brain, too. Sometimes not the best ideas, but still...

And then there's the ones who didn't master their ability through time and were more-or-less given it. Examples would be the Saints, with superhuman strength, speed, magical power, etc, and some of the level 5 espers who apparently skipped levels 1-4 (they make a big deal of Mikoto working her way through the ranks, trying to set her as an example).

And about the thing about Touma being an otaku, is there any actual evidence? I know he likes to reference RPGs a lot, but it's not like we actually see him play games, or even read manga, do we? I'd like to see him play a parody game.

Last edited by sasuke706; 2010-06-02 at 14:47.
Old 2010-06-02, 13:51   Link #3196
Ashaman

If Wilfriback is to be beleived, he could sense Misha and therefore err... Angel stuff too.. I wouldn't be to much of a stretch that magic is in his ability to sense.

You're right, chunks of rock and the like are Touma's natrual enemy. But he has become very good at dodging.

Argh, I don't seem able to get my words out properly in this post. Anyway...

Touma isn't really an Otaku, not even by the less extreme English use of the term. Him talking about his opponant in RPG terms is pretty normal. Any one who has ever played a Final Fantasy game or the like can understand it.

Would you call Aisa an otaku for referencing Gal-games? These types of things are common knowlege even to those who have only heard of RPG's and Gal-games.
Old 2010-06-02, 14:24   Link #3197
Miraluka
Banned

Touma isn't otaku, just he has influences from his otaku friends, Tsuchimikado and Aogami. Sure guys you have gamers friend who usually makes references to videogames in real life and that doesn't means you are like them.
Old 2010-06-02, 20:56   Link #3198
jin jin5000

carrier?

Spoiler for image:
Old 2010-06-02, 22:03   Link #3199
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by jin jin5000 View Post
carrier?

Spoiler for image:
no...IMO it's more like Zeppelin one.
wait! isn't that Starcraft II screenshot?, the game come out already?

*checked Baka-tsuki translate project*
no update yet!

I hope Ping-bro and his translator comrade do it with linear pattern and not jumping from one chapter to another higher volume like this. That way, we can understand it better. Even if it's re-translate from latest point where the manga last chapter now, the LN still more step a head than anime or manga.
Old 2010-06-02, 22:58   Link #3200
jin jin5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
no...IMO it's more like Zeppelin one.
wait! isn't that Starcraft II screenshot?, the game come out already?

*checked Baka-tsuki translate project*
no update yet!

I hope Ping-bro and his translator comrade do it with linear pattern and not jumping from one chapter to another higher volume like this. That way, we can understand it better. Even if it's re-translate from latest point where the manga last chapter now, the LN still more step a head than anime or manga.
Pings on break for like couple weeks :<
I wish someone would finish up the almost-finished vol 13

oh yes, starcraft 2 beta came out a year ago and games going to be released on end of july
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen