AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 27 19.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 18.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 20.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 21.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 9.93%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 9 6.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.55%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-01, 02:20   Link #81
USCPharmacist

wow my point is moot because I spell phail instead of fail? good one there sir, and I'll close my register at this point.

I am not bitching about how the anime is cut, I am more concern about the lack really memorable scenes, but that's just me. I don't care if you like it or dislike it. I've already read the VN so I don't really need to watch the anime to know the story. The thing is I want to watch it to relive the goodness of some good part of the VN. Unfortunately Deen had not done so. That's not to say the anime is shit, but it's just too mediocre to the point I ask myself, why watch it when it add nothing to my umineko experience. It's far more interesting to watch the joke video on niconico and youtube using the anime footages then the show itself. I guess 1/10 is a bit bias cuz I am just sad at the moment.

BTW, I thought Eva was afraid to turn on the light at the stair and didn't Rosa "tip" Eva off about how to solve the epitaph? Or was my mind playing tricks on me.
Old 2009-10-01, 06:07   Link #82
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
Yeah, but this time it's important that they do the flash back in the next episode because if they don't there won't be another opportunity. There's still time later on for a flash back on Battler's family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
I agree, if they don't do a flash back on the epitaph next episode I'm throwing all my theories in the garbage. The epitaph is definately important but mabye the hints that were given in VN were red herrings.
Among other quotes that mentioned a flashback...

Was there a flashback in the original SN? No? I figured. DEEN doesn't ADD scenes to an existing arc, they REMOVE them. As I have mentioned, a filler arc will probably happen to explain some things, because they cannot put all of of it into a 26-episode season.

Just leaving hints like "This epitaph-solving is hard" will probably be elaborated upon later. SN players who've played Chiru will know a great way to have sudden exposition.

Then again, it was probably omitted in favor of the main plot. The epitaph is an important clue that was nice for SN players to guess over for the next release, but it's not absolutely needed.

Last edited by Workworkwork; 2009-10-01 at 07:40.
Old 2009-10-01, 06:50   Link #83
Leinne
Who... am I?

I don't even know how to rate this episode
Spoiler for opinion:
Old 2009-10-01, 09:38   Link #84
MarthX

Spoiler for review:
Old 2009-10-01, 10:29   Link #85
ameskitty
Kupo

It really wasn't that bad :/. Not overly impressive either, but meh. I'm not concerned about the omission of the epitaph discussion because I have a feeling that the epitaph itself is only really a subplot and solving it reveals few, if any answers to the overall mystery.

But yeah, I enjoyed it, so I give it a semi-positive 7/10. Excited for next week .
Old 2009-10-01, 10:51   Link #86
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

I can't understand everyone's rage over magic battle. It's quite good, just short. But all previous battles are shorter than the game's counterpart, what do you expect?
Old 2009-10-01, 11:11   Link #87
Dlanor .A. Nox
The Death!

I know I loved the magic battle, it was short but I didn't care it was awesome. That was one of the highlights of the episode for me.
Old 2009-10-01, 11:14   Link #88
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
How much you enjoy this episode is based on how high your expectations were. If you thought the magic battle would be 8+ minutes long, have amazing animation and be several times better than any other scene in the anime so far, then were crazy to think that way. In the fan video that shows the entire fight, it's 4 minutes long. The scene only lasts as long as it does in the VN because how wordy the descriptions are for everything.

The meta battle had a good length, aside from the music, had the feel it did in the VN with Battler having the upperhand and Beatrice struggling. Good emotion and it's the first time you see Beatrice not in control of the situation. It is depressing that they don't use the right tracks for those scenes but I think people are blowing it out of proportion. Even without the right music, the scene was still good. Calling it boring and such makes me facepalm. The music was the only big problem with the meta world scene. Everything else was good. And knowing the music should have been better is something only a VN reader would know.

The omission of the epitaph discussion is what hurts this episode most. But as I already explained, it was either cutting that or the meta world scene. Time and episode restrictions don't allow for everything. If they made too many slow paced episodes then they would have to rush the good scenes later on like with EP2; They screwed up the pacing by having 2 episodes have a really slow pace. I definitely don't want to see that mistake again.
Magic fights are magic fights. They look cool, but overall it doesn't contribute much to the plot in general.

However, things like omitting stuff from the meta-battle, rewording some of the ones put in AND even cutting out major speculation on one of the bigger riddles in the series is a problem for me. Granted it's not like they omitted an incredibly important scene but that scene is still needed because it just makes Eva look like a genius who solved it with no help and it also takes away other small bits of characterization (although I was expecting this to be cut anyway)

Spoiler for Have some QUALITY:
Old 2009-10-01, 11:22   Link #89
MarthX

The red truth for this episode

Spoiler:
Old 2009-10-01, 11:38   Link #90
NeoWorm

Real Red Truth for the episode
Spoiler:
Old 2009-10-01, 11:45   Link #91
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWorm View Post
Real Red Truth for the episode
Spoiler:
You are using the red in a wrong way. I believe it doesn't, so your red is invalid. In any case, people are entitled to their opinions. Don't try to scare off the anime-only viewers though.
Old 2009-10-01, 12:17   Link #92
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

I can't believe this is the same DEEN that made the Archer battle in F/SN so epic
Old 2009-10-01, 13:07   Link #93
bigemperor

Do you realize they remove THE NORTH WIND AND THE SUN CHALLENGE STRATEGY that virgilia explain to beatrice, that strategy is the core of beatrice strategy in episode 3.
Old 2009-10-01, 13:14   Link #94
MarthX

Kind of glad they did for reasons that shouldn't be said here.
Old 2009-10-01, 13:21   Link #95
June 1983

They didn't mention North Wind and Sun AT ALL? What???
Old 2009-10-01, 13:31   Link #96
MarthX

It happens after the epitaph discussion and before the gold scene.
Old 2009-10-01, 13:41   Link #97
NeoWorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
I can't believe this is the same DEEN that made the Archer battle in F/SN so epic
No, it wasnt epic either. It was just the same failure as Magic battle scene here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
You are using the red in a wrong way. I believe it doesn't, so your red is invalid. In any case, people are entitled to their opinions. Don't try to scare off the anime-only viewers though.
No, I am not, only people who think that it doesnt are wrong.
Old 2009-10-01, 14:03   Link #98
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
It happens after the epitaph discussion and before the gold scene.
Exactly so in the sound novel it already happenned, i really really HOPE that they include that late.
Old 2009-10-01, 14:06   Link #99
MarthX

Spoiler:

This thread is getting dangerously close to spoiler territory. Let's end this discussion.
Old 2009-10-01, 14:07   Link #100
Divaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWorm View Post
No, it wasnt epic either. It was just the same failure as Magic battle scene here.

No, I am not, only people who think that it doesn't are wrong.
I hope that's a joke..
So if we don't meet at the same opinion we have to be WRONG.
That's silly.
The more I'm hearing what's being left out I'm not minding that much, but I do kind of feel bad for anime only viewers.
Closed Thread