AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-04-22, 08:20   Link #52461
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Unless you want to win, not to kill.

Kind of remind me about Raijin and Zeus' lightning.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 08:22   Link #52462
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

If that's the case then Chifuyu will tell Ichika NOT to use beam blade and making sure to hit the I.S. parts, instead of killing moves he always execute... aimed at the pilot's exposed torso.

Using barrier void or reiryaku byakuya, even a slab of iron should suffice.

No joke, Cecilia, Lingying, Laura, all have been defeated by center attack.
Old 2014-04-22, 08:23   Link #52463
demino_hellsin
That one guy

As far as I understand is that yes, Barrier void and Reiraku are separate. Reirku Byakuya was born from the barrier void technology. Core 001 weaponized it for the frame so that the energy negation is no longer for the Yukihira only. Second Shift puts this property into Setsura's functions, making Reiraku Byakuya all but obsolete.

My excuse would simple be that Reiraku Byakuya constructs would need a form to be used as a construct, unless you plan on wasting energy just shooting it out as a plume. The constructs need blueprints, something Bykushiki doesn't have the space to store. Instead it is stored in Yukihira.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 08:25   Link #52464
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well Fold out armor should solve that, just say it's absorbed into the frame as a whole, thus the reason why no physical weapon
Old 2014-04-22, 08:29   Link #52465
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Say, the more I think about IP, the more it similar to Gundam 00 - first arc is like fighting A-Law, while second arc is the Innovator and ELS. Then how to keep the Real Robot element?
Old 2014-04-22, 08:42   Link #52466
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Zero, the system works like the energy is copying the silhouette of Yukihira. Though I think there would be some serious Emiya Shirou moments if Yukihira were integrated into Byakushiki...

Madoka: Draw your sword!

Ichika:... I am a sword.

Madoka:... O-... Oka-y...
Old 2014-04-22, 08:53   Link #52467
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

IS-kun: Then where is the sheath?

*Cue devilish laugh of Ichika's harem, his sisters, the students and female staff of ISA*
Old 2014-04-22, 09:14   Link #52468
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Are you seriously 8?

Broad sword, long sword, short swords, blade bow that shoot short swords. Lots of stuff.
Old 2014-04-22, 09:16   Link #52469
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

One word: biology class
Old 2014-04-22, 09:23   Link #52470
demino_hellsin
That one guy

That's two words. Go back to maths

4th shift with no shields and only absolute defense. In exchange... Reiraku Byakuya is permantently on.
Old 2014-04-22, 09:32   Link #52471
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Ok, two words.

Just remember that why not take a step more and make Setsura able to drain and replenish Byakushiki with other's power?
Old 2014-04-22, 09:40   Link #52472
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Because Reiraku Byakuya is not a draining mechanism. Byakushiki never had one to create a an improved version on. It needs a basis.
Old 2014-04-22, 11:12   Link #52473
OHIMESAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
As far as I understand is that yes, Barrier void and Reiraku are separate. Reirku Byakuya was born from the barrier void technology. Core 001 weaponized it for the frame so that the energy negation is no longer for the Yukihira only. Second Shift puts this property into Setsura's functions, making Reiraku Byakuya all but obsolete.

My excuse would simple be that Reiraku Byakuya constructs would need a form to be used as a construct, unless you plan on wasting energy just shooting it out as a plume. The constructs need blueprints, something Bykushiki doesn't have the space to store. Instead it is stored in Yukihira.
From how I understand it the Barrier Void Attack is a second trait of Reiraku Byakuya or rather I should say that they are just the same.
The Barrier void attack is the ability that surfaces when Yukihira type 2, the beam form of Yukihira, and Reiraku Byakuya activates.
Barrier Void attack like its namesake, renders all energy barriers null and void. In other words it is only meant to counter energy barriers.
But Reiraku Byakuya is the ability born out from the energy coating released when the Fold-Out Armor of Yukihira folds out. Reiraku Byakuya is not just for bypassing energy shields but as a counter for all energy based abilities. Like the Reiraku Byakuya shield projected from Setsura that is capable of rendering all the powerful energy attacks of the Gospel useless.
Both Barrier Void attack and Reiraku Byakuya negate energy and the two of them cannot activate without the other because both are just one ability.

That doesn't make them that much different to me.
OHIMESAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 12:01   Link #52474
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Whut

I can understand different interpretation but outright FLIPPING them just...

Seriously????

That said I'm arguing semantic, because I agree that the origin is the same.
Old 2014-04-22, 21:25   Link #52475
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

I`ll be starting out the draft this afternoon.

Does the core need a stabilizer?(Ichika`s IS) We are all aware of shield barrier drainage with that attack. I was thinking of adding something extra on the IS. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Silver-Throne; 2014-04-23 at 03:30.
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 07:13   Link #52476
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Reiraku Byakuya has always been an energy that can erase energy right?
You can't erase energy. You can only convert it into either another form of energy or into matter. To actually nullify energy itself and have no byproduct (or producing a byproduct that can't be used or converted back into energy), then you'd actually be increasing Entropy. Essentially, if Reiraku Byakuya works like this for real, then Ichika is hastening the Heat-death of the universe vy literally destroying energy.

Kyuubey: "Contract? contract?"

(Kicks Kyuubey out) The only way for this to work would be that Reirakya Byakuya changes the energy being attacked (eg shield energy) into another form. It's not a usable form by Ichika or Byakushiki or any other IS, but that form (it may even be a dormant for of energy) remains available.

This is where Akatsubaki comes into the picture. Remember that no one can explain how Akatsubaki manages to generate and recharge energy out of thin air? Because Akatsubaki can actually recharge energy (and seems to have incredible reserves of power, plus raising Houki's rank to S) then it's like a closed system. EG Byakushiki transforms the energy into a dormant form, and then Akatsubaki converts that dormant form back into usable energy.

In fact you could argue that the IS network itself is the receptacle for all that 'dormant energy', and all the two 4th-gen IS do are pass it from one to another.

There's a room where the light won't find you
Holding hands while the walls come tumbling down
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 07:18   Link #52477
demino_hellsin
That one guy

...It turns energy into data?
Old 2014-04-23, 07:21   Link #52478
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
...It turns energy into data?
- Well, the IS in dormant form are data, and they're actual physical frames prior to being turned into quantum data. So, Matter => Quantum Data.

And since Energy = Mass times Speed of Light (Quantum) Squared...okay, I'm BSing that last bit. But if Matter can be converted into Energy, and Matter can also be converted into Quantum Data, then likewise Energy can also be converted into Quantum Data. It flipflops.
Old 2014-04-23, 07:24   Link #52479
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Then it's dispersed as data into the IS network and Akatsubaki is the only IS that can read and use that data >A<
Old 2014-04-23, 07:27   Link #52480
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Then it's dispersed as data into the IS network and Akatsubaki is the only IS that can read and use that data >A<
- Pretty much. Byakushiki puts it there in the first place.

This ALSO neatly explains two reasons why Houki's rank jumped up so suddenly to "S"--It's essentially Akatsubaki (which we know already), but also because Akatsubaki is effectively the control valve or receptacle for the IS Mass-Energy network conduit. And it's only possible because genetically Houki is the only other match to Tabane (who for all intents and purposes is the main controller of the entire IS network)

By extension that also means you can use the quantum data from an IS, or even a Quantized IS itself as energy. Likewise you can also use that quantized information to literally generate ammo for eapons and GARBLESCHANEKGABDB#

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest