Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2009-01-18, 08:10   Link #1
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Contacts highlighting

People who are in your contacts list will appear with a + ("plus") sign next to the link of their username. This works fine in places like "Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread" but in "Currently Active Users" (the listing on the frontpage) it is almost unusable or otherwise very time consuming.

My proposal is to replace the current way of highlighting with a more eye catching one, like for example:
  1. colorize the text (something like a dark green similar to animesuki.com)
  2. replace the + with a icon or anything immediately noticeable in a blob of text.
ps. I am aware of the Quick Links / Open Contacts Popup
Old 2009-01-18, 08:38   Link #2
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

I'll consider it, but as I don't know how to change that off the top of my head it might not be straightforward.

Edit: It is fairly easy to change; but I'm not sure what looks best. If people want to see an example, they can...

Last edited by NightWish; 2009-01-18 at 13:52.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 13:57   Link #3
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Just because you don't happen to like the format of highlighting in the "Currently Active Users" section it doesn't mean it's going to be true for the majority of other users. Plus, the suggested changes may well be considered objectionable when viewed in the other situations where Contacts are displayed.

Considering this I would suggest you make your proposals to Jelsoft and let them test, integrate and validate the idea.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 08:26   Link #4
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
I'll consider it, but as I don't know how to change that off the top of my head it might not be straightforward.

Edit: It is fairly easy to change; but I'm not sure what looks best. If people want to see an example, they can...
Other forums tend to use dark red or dark blue or some other such color, and it works well. I recommended the green because it seemed to me to be GHD's favorite color. The current is maybe a little too bright for normal text but it works so no complaints.
Old 2009-01-22, 01:36   Link #5
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

So I clicked the example and now I can't get rid of it. ><

Anyway, I don't notice much difference personally. There's usually so many names in the Currently Active Users list that the only way to make friends stand out from it would be to make it extremely obvious. It's mostly useful as a way to see if any Moderators are online (because of the Bolded name).
Old 2009-01-22, 04:46   Link #6
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The example just changes the style. Go to the bottom and switch from what now says TEST ONLY to something else of your choosing.
Old 2009-01-22, 05:25   Link #7
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

/bonks self..I should have known that. >< Thanks. ^^