Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-26, 13:09   Link #1101
DaItalianFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Did you see the PM?

Anyway will the MC say that Archer is Shirou after he dies?
Yeah. Can you explain it in more detail? Interested in hearing your idea.

And well, I'd rather not spoil it. It's quite possible that they'll figure it out even before that happens.
DaItalianFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 13:17   Link #1102
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaItalianFish View Post
Yeah. Can you explain it in more detail? Interested in hearing your idea.

And well, I'd rather not spoil it. It's quite possible that they'll figure it out even before that happens.
Sent PM lol

Yeah guess not. Probably going to Shirou's room and finding the same gem.
Old 2013-11-27, 08:19   Link #1103
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Just thinking, what if Taiga and Shirou switching places - A.K.A an older, more mature (to an extend) Shirou-sensei?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 11:27   Link #1104
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Severed Bonds 3 is out.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8311566/3/Severed-Bonds

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.

Last edited by blitz1/2; 2013-12-02 at 16:08.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 20:00   Link #1105
falcolobo
The Third Runner

Question to impose. Would Shirou become extremely over powered if he was able to have mastery in skill over the weapons he projects? I was thinking of using that as an ability in my fanfic but I'm hesitant...
Old 2013-12-02, 20:02   Link #1106
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcolobo View Post
Question to impose. Would Shirou become extremely over powered if he was able to have mastery in skill over the weapons he projects? I was thinking of using that as an ability in my fanfic but I'm hesitant...
Isn't that what happens in canon later on? When he projects, he also replicates the skills of the original user?

Old 2013-12-02, 20:28   Link #1107
chaos_alfa

Quote:
That already happens whenever Shirou projects a weapon. He also replicates the history and the wielders skill.

Check this link for more information.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2013-12-03 at 06:11.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 22:11   Link #1108
falcolobo
The Third Runner

Well that solves a lot of problems. But would that make him over-powered if he had the physical ability to do those techniques?
Old 2013-12-04, 03:49   Link #1109
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Well that solves a lot of problems. But would that make him over-powered if he had the physical ability to do those techniques?
Like in Hill of Swords where he had Gandalfr runes?
Old 2013-12-04, 10:01   Link #1110
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Quote:
Consider the following:

Saber has a noble phantasm (by the end of FSN at least) that makes her invincible, as well as healing any wounds she receives.

Assassin has a technique that has risen to the level of a multi-dimensional refracting phenomenon, making it effectively unavoidable even if the victim sees it coming - as well as an ability that makes it so his opponents can never understand or predict his moves.

True Assassin has a noble phantasm that can kill anyone who has a heart without fail, regardless of what defenses they have.

Berserker can literally resurrect himself eleven times before he finally bites the dust. On top of that, any attack below A rank is completely nullified, he can adapt to be resistant to any attack that kills him, and he can regenerate his stock of lives over time if his master is good enough.

Gilgamesh can use literally every noble phantasm, including one whose sole purpose is to create and destroy worlds.

And the list goes on and on. Even if Shirou had the ability to use any weapon he could hold as if he was a master, I still can't imagine him beating any servant. Even if you did consider the ability as overpowered, in the framework of FSN, its honestly peanuts in comparison to pretty much every other servant, other than maybe FHA Avenger.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 12:31   Link #1111
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
Consider the following:

Saber has a noble phantasm (by the end of FSN at least) that makes her invincible, as well as healing any wounds she receives.

Assassin has a technique that has risen to the level of a multi-dimensional refracting phenomenon, making it effectively unavoidable even if the victim sees it coming - as well as an ability that makes it so his opponents can never understand or predict his moves.

True Assassin has a noble phantasm that can kill anyone who has a heart without fail, regardless of what defenses they have.

Berserker can literally resurrect himself eleven times before he finally bites the dust. On top of that, any attack below A rank is completely nullified, he can adapt to be resistant to any attack that kills him, and he can regenerate his stock of lives over time if his master is good enough.

Gilgamesh can use literally every noble phantasm, including one whose sole purpose is to create and destroy worlds.

And the list goes on and on. Even if Shirou had the ability to use any weapon he could hold as if he was a master, I still can't imagine him beating any servant. Even if you did consider the ability as overpowered, in the framework of FSN, its honestly peanuts in comparison to pretty much every other servant, other than maybe FHA Avenger.
You forgot that Lancer has a mostly one hit kill Gae Bolg and since it doesn't cost much, he could use it quite a number of times.

Old 2013-12-04, 13:08   Link #1112
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
He pretty much admitted that he can't beat any Servant in Unlimited Blade Works, except Gilgamesh.
Old 2013-12-04, 21:20   Link #1113
falcolobo
The Third Runner

Thanks for the responses. Help me out of a writers block.
Old 2013-12-06, 19:45   Link #1114
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Thanks for the responses. Help me out of a writers block.
Sadly, such average skill is no match for Assassin, a guy whose skill approaches godlike (he'll cut off the head of anyone with average skill)
Old 2013-12-12, 23:28   Link #1115
falcolobo
The Third Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Sadly, such average skill is no match for Assassin, a guy whose skill approaches godlike (he'll cut off the head of anyone with average skill)
Well I did some research and he does in fact "Trace" the skill of the original user. So he wouldn't really have "average" skill anymore, in fact he could be a master at the sword if the sword has a history ancient enough.

And I'm planning to give him physical ability to be able to use all parts of the weapons. He's on par with the other Heroic Spirits now.

My story: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9815304...-UnlimitedFATE
Old 2013-12-14, 05:28   Link #1116
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Well I did some research and he does in fact "Trace" the skill of the original user. So he wouldn't really have "average" skill anymore, in fact he could be a master at the sword if the sword has a history ancient enough.

And I'm planning to give him physical ability to be able to use all parts of the weapons. He's on par with the other Heroic Spirits now.

My story: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9815304...-UnlimitedFATE
Should know that Archer was wounded by Assassin when he escaped, so it means that his technique is not completely invincible. He can't match Saber in sword techniques either.
Old 2013-12-14, 14:47   Link #1117
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We don't know if he can't match Saber in sword techniques. We have never seen an appropriate matchup between Saber and Archer; both times they were actually fighting one another, one or the other was incredibly deficient on prana. If both were properly supplied, the outcome of the battle might be in Archer's favor: he not only knows Saber and her capabilities, he's also able to match the accumulated skills of the original wielder of any sword he traces.

Plus, y'know, he's an Archer. He cheats.
Old 2013-12-14, 21:34   Link #1118
falcolobo
The Third Runner

Well I was studying for finals when the story-idea-bugs bit me.
This is completely trash writing but I just needed it out of my head.
Feedback?

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9926203...Perfect-Hybrid
Old 2014-01-30, 13:22   Link #1119
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Type-Moon - T-MOON COMPLEX Congratulations! 10th Anniversary doujin is out and it's hilarious.
Old 2014-02-04, 18:15   Link #1120
DaItalianFish

Well, finished my most recent chapter. Fate Unbalance - Revival

Description I posted earlier in the thread for those wondering what the series is about:

Quote:
The story, like I said above, is about an OC MC who knows about the events of Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero (as in, he believes the Nasuverse to be fictional) and ends up finding himself in Fuyuki City, three weeks before the 5th Grail War begins. He joins the war and summons an OC Servant, who replaces one of the Servants of the war. For the most part, it follows the Fate route, but elements of UBW and HF also will eventually play a part.
DaItalianFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, discussion, fanfiction