AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-27, 22:12   Link #621
Lucipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Her attacks are sound based. Nanasen is a long range attack using sound. It only goes in 1 direction. She amplified it by using all those wires. Her wires are a short range defense that cuts anyone that gets too close and slows them down. The wires get denser as you get closer to her. Her katana is too long for a short range attack. Yuisen is prob another sound based attack using the katana most likely for shorter range but needs time to do it.

She can't use her scabard with the blade out like you could with a normal katana to block. She's sort of using her katana and wires like a modified harp. In other words, she hasn't demonstrated any real katana abilities yet.

Touma has to start somewhere. Those other hand to hand fighters started at ground level also. Defenders of Justice have to kick ass also.
yeah i think he needs 2 start by not talking so much and just a get his arse kicked or be show us some bad arse fighting skill. Just not so much talking *unless this show is gona be 24+ ep then i dont mind so much.
Old 2008-10-28, 01:55   Link #622
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Her attacks are sound based. Nanasen is a long range attack using sound. It only goes in 1 direction. She amplified it by using all those wires. Her wires are a short range defense that cuts anyone that gets too close and slows them down. The wires get denser as you get closer to her. Her katana is too long for a short range attack. Yuisen is prob another sound based attack using the katana most likely for shorter range but needs time to do it.

I kinda question that since Touma's hand didn't do anything to it.

It's more likely the wires were used for the range cutting.

Quote:
In other words, she hasn't demonstrated any real katana abilities yet.
Well yeah, I never disagree with that.

Quote:
Touma has to start somewhere. Those other hand to hand fighters started at ground level also. Defenders of Justice have to kick ass also.
Start somewhere indeed, however without proper training and experience, there's only so much you can do on your own.

The way I see it, Touma shouldn't be viewed as like the other shounen heroes. With his power as it is, he's not going to be any awesome-er of a fighter. Street fighting isn't going to do squat up against magic and psychic powers. It's hard to imagine anyone losing to him once they know about his power.

But even so, he is the one who is going to fix other people's problems.
Old 2008-10-28, 01:59   Link #623
MagicaLideaL
Madder Sky~
*Graphic Designer

I want the OST now! When will it come out?
Old 2008-10-28, 02:05   Link #624
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The way I see it, Touma shouldn't be viewed as like the other shounen heroes. With his power as it is, he's not going to be any awesome-er of a fighter. Street fighting isn't going to do squat up against magic and psychic powers. It's hard to imagine anyone losing to him once they know about his power.

But even so, he is the one who is going to fix other people's problems.
Touma is a canceller. A canceller with some limitations. (His right hand)

Touma's only chance are those who rely too much on their abilities like the fire guy.
Old 2008-10-28, 02:10   Link #625
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Touma is a canceller. A canceller with some limitations. (His right hand)
That's right, and only his right hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Touma's only chance are those who rely too much on their abilities like the fire guy.
Even so, it's only good for one match.

But like I've said, I don't think Touma is meant to win the battles, but rather to solve the 'end-game' problem altogether.

This is just my impression from the Index-Arc, I haven't read the novel so I wouldn't know how much would change 10 books from here.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicaLideaL View Post
I want the OST now! When will it come out?
No idea actually... Maybe it's still too early to tell...

I'll settle for the PV to the opening song for now

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2008-10-28 at 03:01.
Old 2008-10-28, 03:09   Link #626
elroid

Quote:

She can't use her scabard with the blade out like you could with a normal katana to block. She's sort of using her katana and wires like a modified harp. In other words, she hasn't demonstrated any real katana abilities yet.

Kaori's skill are not sound based, it is some kind of katana skill known as Battōjutsu or Iaijutsu. i'm not sure which one it is but generally it the skill used in drawing swords. Kaori's magic amplifies her physical power and allows her to increase her speed in many ways, for example keeping her sword back into the sheath instantly.As for Yuisen, I'm not sure how to explain about it, but at least it is also not a sound base attack, it has something to do with amplifying power too. It should be shown if the story reaches vol.4...

Well, I hope someone can give more information about Battōjutsu or Iaijutsu, I not very good in explaining stuffs, sorry...
Old 2008-10-28, 05:16   Link #627
herbert

Spoiler for size and spoiler:

Last edited by herbert; 2008-10-28 at 21:50. Reason: spoiler tag added
Old 2008-10-28, 05:42   Link #628
ReddyRedWolf

Wai~ Loli Mikoto version!

Saves
Old 2008-10-28, 11:16   Link #629
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

This EP was just painful to watch. There's nothing more worse than two enemies becoming emo at each other yelling shits and crap about their own feelings and etc. This series is starting to sway on to the wrong path. Were's the nice fight scene back in EP1 w/ those cool dialogs and etc. It went from cool to cheesy. lol.
Old 2008-10-28, 12:18   Link #630
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
This EP was just painful to watch. There's nothing more worse than two enemies becoming emo at each other yelling shits and crap about their own feelings and etc. This series is starting to sway on to the wrong path. Were's the nice fight scene back in EP1 w/ those cool dialogs and etc. It went from cool to cheesy. lol.
The thing is that they ARE NO ENEMIES. Kaori didn't want to hurt Touma to begin with, and once Touma understood the situation, he had no reason to fight either. Under these circumstances, it was perfectly logical not to have any fighting (until Kaori snapped).

I suspect that this is where the opinions diverge. Those who want to see fast-paced action will be disappointed. Those who prefer storyline over action won't mind as much. And well - I guess once the exposition parts in the beginning are done, we'll have a more balanced diet
Old 2008-10-28, 13:36   Link #631
Midonin
Last Engage

Heard the full version of "PSI-missing" this morning, and I like it. Liked Mami's songs since I first heard "Hishoku no Sora".
Old 2008-10-28, 14:53   Link #632
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Kitaaaa!!

The veranda person's newest video!
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5082455

Komoe sings that Kira~ song from Macross Frontier!... Too bad it wasn't another Tales song.
Hilarious as always. And it was incredibly amusing that Stiyls, that lolicon, was peeking into the room from the outside (hard to see)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I suspect that this is where the opinions diverge. Those who want to see fast-paced action will be disappointed. Those who prefer storyline over action won't mind as much.
Haha, I don't mind storyline over action and still minded a whole bunch though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-10-28, 14:53   Link #633
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Ugh, while I liked when Kanzaki was hitting him with the sheathed sword(don't think that happened in the manga) they failed at how that fight ended:
Spoiler for chap 8 manga pgs:

I'm also surprised they cut out the flashback at that point in the manga as well. It'd probably served better than all the explanations esp since
Spoiler for manga spoils:
Old 2008-10-28, 17:37   Link #634
SkoolRumble4Ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Are these all the characters that is bound to show up soon?
Old 2008-10-28, 19:23   Link #635
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
Are these all the characters that is bound to show up soon?
No. Definitely not soon. Just lots of future characters... Many that won't get to appear in the anime.
Won't that make this technically a novel spoiler, since it reveals future characters...?

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-10-28, 19:25   Link #636
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Yeah, it ought to count as a spoiler, so stop posting/quoting it...
Old 2008-10-28, 20:18   Link #637
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I'm also surprised they cut out the flashback at that point in the manga as well. It'd probably served better than all the explanations esp since
Spoiler for manga spoils:
I suspect they were reserving that for next episode, or maybe even before the epic finale to this arc.
Old 2008-10-28, 20:38   Link #638
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

But it's only a spoiler if you know who they are. Instead we're going "Hahahahaha. They have a nun wearing a garter belt and black hose. I wonder what Order she's in. The Anglican Church must really be getting liberal in that anime. "
Old 2008-10-28, 22:13   Link #639
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
But it's only a spoiler if you know who they are. Instead we're going "Hahahahaha. They have a nun wearing a garter belt and black hose. I wonder what Order she's in. The Anglican Church must really be getting liberal in that anime. "
Iya, iya, in reverse, it wouldn't be a spoiler because you know. If you know it already, you can't be spoiled, surely?
But on the other hand, it is a spoiler because it does show unknown characters that will appear later, even if the name isn't revealed. If it was an anime picture, then that's one thing, but this is clearly from the novel...

Then again, lots of people probably have already entered this thread and looked at the picture already... Too late~nya

Old 2008-10-28, 23:26   Link #640
ReddyRedWolf

Given the Op most of them won't show up.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, science fiction, shounen