AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 13 31.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 29.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 17.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 17.07%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-03, 14:06   Link #21
Forever
Revealing the truth

Ah Kazuki X Nagi FTW! (So as to release Hayate for Hina!) Indeed it was a good episode for most parts except the bathroom scene.
Old 2009-05-04, 08:51   Link #22
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Personally, I'm way more partial to the NagiXWataru pairing. This episode specifically highlights why I like that pairing (apart from the obvious reason).

1) They're basically peas from the same pod. From before, we know that Nagi is an otaku, while a few episodes before Wataru's special skill (watch 52 anime episodes in one sitting) is in the same vein as being an otaku. In this episode they go one step further by highlighting their inferiority complexes, showing it both through their reactions on being short, but especially through other's observation that both wear a miffed expression all year round because of these complexes.

2) The two act like they want nothing to do with each other, and in fact actually are currently pursuing different LIs for both parties, but yet still hasn't broken their engagement. This is humourously done in this episode, where Wataru says that your life is over the moment you get involved with Nagi. I find it funny since it's ironic considering Wataru is engaged to Nagi, and just a few episodes before, he did something for Nagi's sake where he specifically said it's because she's his fiancee. XD

3) The mindread scene exhibits just how well the two understand each other. Wataru 'mindreads' Nagi knowing something's up from the day before, but unfortunately, it goes both ways, as Nagi 'mindreads' him back knowing of his intentions to go to Hayate to ask for the nitty gritty details. XD

As for the Hayate pairing, I think it's pretty obvious that even from season one, if there's any girl Hayate is romantically interested in, it would be Maria. Seems like its reciprocated as well, though to be fair, both aren't really actively pursuing their feelings for some reason or other.

Of course, me being me, I can't help but hope for Hayate and A-tan (aka. mentioned last season as Hayate's ex-girlfriend that taught him the ways of the butler and how to treat life in general).
Old 2009-05-04, 09:32   Link #23
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
I agree with the post above. Though, what makes me love that pairing is because of this episode. They look fit for each other, but is still on children's level of love IMO.

This episode conviced me once again that Nagi really is cute

Old 2009-05-04, 20:23   Link #24
dark-kyon

in this episode nagi gain more kudos for me.i do not understand why people no like her.however good episode,i wait for more ayumu.
part favorite
Spoiler for scene:
Old 2009-05-04, 23:05   Link #25
SimplyBill
King

3 notes:

1.) As I have said in my blog, the "Are you crying part" was lame... Really lame. Perhaps it would be better if they stick to the original gag.

2.) As I have said in my blog, Hinagiku's mom in the preview is really really really younger than the manga version. She's too cute. She's a MILF.

3.) As I have said in my blog, this is perhaps the very final moment that you'll see Kazuki (but I am not too sure).
Old 2009-05-05, 16:34   Link #26
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

-_-" above

Well , it was a good episode , with some funny moment .
Yeah , i agree , go for Nagi x Kazuk or Wataru i don't care but Hayate for Hinagiku or Nishizawa or Maria .(I'm more for Hina and Nishi )
Old 2009-05-05, 19:18   Link #27
slayer545-sama
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keio View Post
@slayer545-sama
Thanks for the teasers. I can't wait for it to finish downloading.

Also, HorribleSubs are up.
Let me correct you now since I can.
SSEclipse Subs are in!

BTW I want more Hayate x Ayumu!
Maybe also Hayate x Hinagiku!
Old 2009-05-05, 23:02   Link #28
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
I liked playing "Wheres waldo" with hayate this week.

I thought it would start with a cliff hanger at the end of the episode, i guess not. but at long last, the Hinagiku arc is upon us and will be animated next week.
Hooray.
Old 2009-05-06, 01:34   Link #29
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post

I thought it would start with a cliff hanger at the end of the episode, i guess not. but at long last, the Hinagiku arc is upon us and will be animated next week.
Hooray.
\o/ -- Hooray
I personally wasn't looking forward to this part of the manga, since Nagi's my least favorite, but eh.

It was weird seeing gray-haired Sakuya after all of the vibrant colors. Still, yay, Sakuya!
Old 2009-05-06, 07:25   Link #30
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah , Hayate x Sakuya can be a good pairing . She's a good character ^^ The part with her was funny
Old 2009-05-06, 07:47   Link #31
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
At last someone can see how great is Sakuya and Hayate's pairing ! :x
I think I got some strange fetish with kansai-ben chara >_>

Old 2009-05-06, 16:24   Link #32
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Spoiler for spoilers:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-05-07, 00:12   Link #33
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
I enjoyed the "Where's Waldo?" game a lot more in the first season (Episode 37). It was definitely a lot more challenging.

After a great episode 4, I felt a little disappointed with episode 5. Didn't like the recycled train scenes. It was great seeing Sakuya in the episode and it was also nice to see Nagi's kiss on Hayate. But I really felt the episode lacked a lot of humor I'm used to in HnG and for the most part the episode felt uneventful. A decent if not unspectacular episode.

5 episodes in and I already miss the announcements to watch the show a far distance away from the TV in a well lit room. A simple subtitle is not good enough for me. It just feels weird with the OP starting immediately instead of hearing those announcements. Maybe it's just me.
Old 2009-05-07, 02:05   Link #34
Chrono Helix

I kinda miss that little game they played during eyecatches, too.
Old 2009-05-07, 03:58   Link #35
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism View Post
5 episodes in and I already miss the announcements to watch the show a far distance away from the TV in a well lit room. A simple subtitle is not good enough for me. It just feels weird with the OP starting immediately instead of hearing those announcements. Maybe it's just me.
^_^;

To be honest, it annoyed the heck out of me after a while. It's always the same, too... so I guess it's a nostalgic issue for you?

Anyway, a cute but unspectacular episode. Next please.
Old 2009-05-07, 13:24   Link #36
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Well, not all the episodes will crack people up, sometimes more serious issues will be discussed that wont be funny at all. Sometimes itll be developement like today. Its just how it is, the funny comes back afterwards though.
Old 2009-05-07, 20:46   Link #37
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Hehe, I agree. Maria's good at flirting. She always gets poor Hayate worked up. I'm glad that MariaxHayate has received more constant focus in season two. It was pretty sparse in the original.
Too bad that pairing will never happen

禁則事項です
Old 2009-05-07, 23:56   Link #38
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
Too bad that pairing will never happen
Fear not, young Trueno. One very strong point about Hayate no Gotoku is that it's one of the rare romances that has a genuine element of surprise. Things are usually very cut-and-dry in anime or manga romance (Even in situations where things should be conflicting - the Inuyasha-Kikyo-Kagome love triangle, for example, is a fairly even match where things would be unclear if that scenario occured in real life - they're usually not because you know the hero and heroine will end up together), but with Hayate it seems like everyone has a fighting chance. In any other manga, would Hinagiku be within the leading character's strike zone? In any other series, would Hayate be interested in the maid instead of the heroine? Or what about the Valentines Day episode, where Hayate considers Nishizawa in a romantic way after she gives him chocolates? In most any other series, Hayate would either completely misunderstand her intentions (Which he does at first), or the author would dodge the issue somehow because the leading character simply cannot have interest in a secondary character. Hayate takes a somewhat less... er... romantic stance on romance, I suppose, since there is such a thing as a state of flux, where feelings can change, there's no such thing as destined lovers, and not everyone is adamant about getting the objects of their affections (Out of Hayate's suitors, and basing this on the anime alone, the only one that seems madly in love is, obviously, Nagi, with Hinagiku in a somewhat distant second - Sakuya, Maria, and Isumi seem as though they could take or leave him). It's interesting to have an anime where romantic feelings can be shallow or managable instead of incredibly intense.

... but you're probably right and there won't ever be a HayatexMaria relationship, so I just wrote all that up for nothing. Still, Maria is the only girl that Hayate likes far as I know (Or at least is somewhat attracted to), so I'm sure that we'll at least get some more romantic moments between the two. ^^ I hope so, anyway... while I ship NagixHayate, I do like Hayate's relationship with everyone, so some nice moments and scenes between all the girls would be appreciated.

Anyway, I liked this episode. I've fallen somewhat out of touch with Nagi since I finished the first season in December, but this episode fixed that problem. The kiss at the end was great, of course. I think there's been three "almost" kiss scenes (The scene where Hayate's sleeping in an early episode - I forget which one - plus 38 and 39), so it was nice to see Nagi take initiative without giving Hayate the chance to screw things up. Not that I can blame him, really, I doubt I'd be in any rush to make out with a 13 year old if I was 16.

Good post, Dragoon. Nagi and Wataru make a better pairing than I'd given them credit for. I don't remember Athena being mentioned in the anime, though. Strange that I missed that. And I enjoyed reading Slayer-sama's post and Bill's blog, so, keep it up.
Old 2009-05-08, 00:55   Link #39
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Still, Maria is the only girl that Hayate likes far as I know (Or at least is somewhat attracted to)
At least this gives her somewhat of a chance... too bad its SO in her character to go "I can't coz Nagi likes him"
I wonder how long Hayate's "I think I'm just popular with kids" stance/conclusion is gonna last...

禁則事項です
Old 2009-05-10, 19:40   Link #40
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The many mysteries of love and how fleeting the excitement goes after two people get used to each other.

Spoiler for Guide for Masters and Big Sisters:
Closed Thread