AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: Attack on Titan - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 14 18.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 27.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 28.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 20.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.35%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-21, 12:44   Link #61
s07195
However,

With the Eren's situation, the OP and details of the upcoming mission so far, I'm guessing Eren will mostly be using his Titan form. Kinda sad, because I was hoping he'd do more 3D Maneuver gear stuff.
Old 2013-07-21, 13:44   Link #62
darklegends8

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
With the Eren's situation, the OP and details of the upcoming mission so far, I'm guessing Eren will mostly be using his Titan form. Kinda sad, because I was hoping he'd do more 3D Maneuver gear stuff.
Eren hasn't killed a titan without using his titan form yet.
Old 2013-07-21, 15:30   Link #63
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Yes, and the other two are named after Albert Fish and Andrei Chikatilo, which is pretty definitive proof that the story is set in our future.
Just because a story has references to the actual world doesn't mean it is our world or our future.

Matter of fact, the entire story is based upon the Norse Myths.
Midgard is the Human World surrounded by Walls created by the Gods, known to be under attacks from bloodthirsty man eating Giants.
The weakness of the nape is taken from the Norse Sorcery Seior.

And if I mention the Norse being Bragi being known for his Intellect and Speeches it's clear who that is in the story.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 20:09   Link #64
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Yeah, Norse mythology is a common theme in anime. I'm a mythology nerd so I love seeing it injected here and there.
Old 2013-07-21, 21:02   Link #65
Harangue
The Little Monster

"You have a despairing look on your face, Eren."

>>>Eren's back was fully to her, how the hell could she tell?

All in all, a decent episode. 7.
Harangue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 21:03   Link #66
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

great episode and Hansi... is sadistic for titans I think
Old 2013-07-21, 21:14   Link #67
Harangue
The Little Monster

I just thought of something in regard to Bean and Sawney.

Spoiler for Hmm:
Harangue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 21:31   Link #68
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I find it amazing and that surprises me the Titans are powerful for their strength but for physic ... are "not heavy" from what was said Hansi ...
:O
Old 2013-07-21, 22:04   Link #69
Gravitas Free Zone

I'm pleased that the square-cube law was at least acknowledged.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 22:55   Link #70
darklegends8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
I find it amazing and that surprises me the Titans are powerful for their strength but for physic ... are "not heavy" from what was said Hansi ...
:O
I think vsauce actually covered that being on two legs doesn't work if we scale up the size of humans.
Old 2013-07-21, 23:17   Link #71
Witch of Uncertainty

I have no idea why, but the series really lost its spark as of late. I can't really put my finger on it, but it's just not as exciting as it was in the beginning. Still entertaining enough, though, I suppose.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 01:04   Link #72
richardtengcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
I have no idea why, but the series really lost its spark as of late. I can't really put my finger on it, but it's just not as exciting as it was in the beginning. Still entertaining enough, though, I suppose.
Its building up slowly....they have an expedition very soon. Probably Episode 17 will be the start of what you are expecting.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 01:28   Link #73
OkamiNoKaze

Hanji reminds me of Stein from Soul Eater a little bit
Old 2013-07-22, 01:57   Link #74
larethian

Quote:
I think it's because you are missing those shocking revelations/moments.

For the record, this series throws foreshadowing elements every now and then which will lead up to those moments again and again. You should just be patient and pay attention to the show.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 05:01   Link #75
JamJackEvo

Yep, they have a lot more shocking revelations in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harangue View Post
"You have a despairing look on your face, Eren."

>>>Eren's back was fully to her, how the hell could she tell?

All in all, a decent episode. 7.
In the manga, Eren was closer to the side of the door so it'd be easier for someone outside to catch a glimpse of his expression. Not sure why the anime went for that head-scratching rendition of the scene.
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 05:29   Link #76
Kiltias

Quote:
Because things are actually calm for once after about 9 Episodes of Trost.

Right now it's just the calm before the storm.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 09:39   Link #77
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Hanji's theory about Titans having light bodies confused me. Does she mean they are made of air or something?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 10:41   Link #78
Gravitas Free Zone

The Square Cube Law.

"This principle states that, as a shape grows in size, its volume grows faster than its area."

So a thirty-foot-tall human should weigh substantially much more, in proportion, than a regular-sized human, would need incredibly strong bones in order to stand, and would need a heart pumping at very high pressures to actually have its blood get anywhere. It would also need larger feet, since the human-proportioned feet would drive themselves into the turf because of their smaller surface area creating very high ground pressure.

But if somehow this Fifty-Foot Whatever (trick URL!) is somehow much less massive than it should be, it could work... (though this would have to include its fluids and whatnot).

However, as noted, the Titans still hit the ground, walls, buildings, livestock, and people with the force of something that weighs as much as they should if they were that tall, instead of hitting like they were made of cotton candy and vapors. This is... quite contradictory.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 11:06   Link #79
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Hanji's theory about Titans having light bodies confused me. Does she mean they are made of air or something?
She doesn't say what they're made of, just that they're much lighter than if they had the same density as us (we have about the same density as water, which is what we're mostly made of). She also wonders where the extra material in Erengelion comes from. But if Erengelion weighted the same as Eren, he'd float like a balloon. Getting stomped by a 15m class would be an inconvenience, not lethal.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 12:08   Link #80
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankky5 View Post
Wait.... did hanji just say fighting them for decades how old is she?!!
Well apparently in the original Japanese she said around 10 years. So it's possible Hanji is likely in her mid-late 20s. It you look back in the first episode there's actually woman with glasses who looks a lot like her in the first Recon Corps detachment we see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
That was a very interesting question Erwin posed to Eren as he and Levi walked away. His subsequent comment, as well as his demeanor had them looking suspicious while the camera focused on him until the end. At least, the staff certainly wants us to be suspicious of him in my view. If it were them, they likely killed the titans to test how Eren would respond.
Erwin killing those two Titans in secret looks pretty unlikely given how much Recon Corps and the army in general needed them imo. I agree that this incident is definitely related to why he's using this mission as a cover for something else, but his comment seemed in part more like a warning to Eren since there is a high chance he's being targetted.

I think the two organizations with the biggest motive to do this is either the Wallists/Wall Cult or the Military Police. The former is less probable due to the 3DMG being involved and you need extensive training to use that. While the later is antagonistic to the RC right now, this pretty bold for them to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I think it's because you are missing those shocking revelations/moments.

For the record, this series throws foreshadowing elements every now and then which will lead up to those moments again and again. You should just be patient and pay attention to the show.
Right, episodes like this are all about laying the ground work and establishing character relationships for future events. It's not meant to be intense, especially when we just finished Trost arc only just two episodes ago.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-07-22 at 12:29.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote