Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
A New Pic

Link
Her name Jill Nabato apparently:

Quote:
V-Jump, who named Yaag in their latest issue are ready to reveal the name of another Final Fantasy XIII character. This time it's the glasses wearing, long haired woman who appears in the latest trailers. V-Jump will be doing a feature on her in their new issue but they've already revealed that her name will be Jill Nabato (loosely translated, may change slightly) and that she's a Lieutenant Colonel in the holy government. She's also been confirmed to be a "nemesis" so there's no surprises there.
Also the sliver haired guy is name Yaag Rosch:

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/news/da..._yaagrosch.jpg

Quote:
Next the silver haired man featured in the E3 2009 trailer. Never again will he need to be called that or anything similar, with V-Jump sharing that his name is Yaag Rosch - lieutenant colonel rank, if anyone's interested. The magazine describes him as being the rival of Lightning and co., suggesting that he'll play a role similar to the Turks in Final Fantasy VII or Seymour in Final Fantasy X.
It is stated that Yaag desires peace for Cocoon's citizens, so he won't take to any threatening individuals too kindly.
Some better images of Odin's Gestalt mode:

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/images/famitsuodin1.jpg
http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/images/famitsuodin2.jpg

All these are form FFXIII net.

There new interview and other stuff here:

Interview:
http://www.nowgamer.com/features/394...xiii-interview

PS3 verison 90% and 360 verison 70%:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175677

They're aiming for 3 disks for the 360 verison and game might be 50 hours to complete without taking in account sidequest.

From GameFAQs:

Quote:
"Kitase said that the Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII is now roughly 70 percent done, though the debugging process hasn't begun yet. The English voice acting for the game is being recorded and Square Enix is making sure the lip synching is correct with the game's detailed facial models."

- All the English voice work has been recorded, though not completely implemented yet
- The game was presented to the press, and two brand new characters were shown
- A new girl was revealed, she wears a summer dress, white top, pink mini-skirt and a pink braid, more info on her at TGS next month
- The other new character revealed was Sazh's son, though little more was revealed about him other than that.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 14:09   Link #1142
Vicious108

Sliver haired guy is the main villain guarenteed.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 03:45   Link #1143
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
At least he actually looks kind of menacing compared to your average Nomura silver hair though. Definitely not the usual metrosexual look at any rate.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 05:47   Link #1144
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Na i see him as someone like Dan Dastun from Big O

But no news on XIII Versus
Old 2009-08-25, 11:46   Link #1145
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Looks like me wish was granted ...
FF Versus XIII dev time moving faster than FFXIII

Plus

Square hopes to have playable FFXIII demo at TGS
Old 2009-08-25, 15:40   Link #1146
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
There Already is a Demo Out For XIII Though? Anyway I want more Versus News too Glad to know it's still there and quickly gaining ground. I would at least like to know the names of Noctis's friends.
There better be a Versus showing at the TGS. E3 didn't have anything on it so TGS better... *mumbles*
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 18:42   Link #1147
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
There Already is a Demo Out For XIII Though? Anyway I want more Versus News too Glad to know it's still there and quickly gaining ground. I would at least like to know the names of Noctis's friends.
There better be a Versus showing at the TGS. E3 didn't have anything on it so TGS better... *mumbles*
Well I'm guessing FFv13 won't come out close after FF13. I'd expect at least a w8 of 3/4year to 1 year. Since SE is wanting people to buy both games. It's never good to hype up a game to early.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 09:42   Link #1148
Shadow Kira01

Final Fantasy XIII looks great..

However, I also want to see more of those trailers for Final Fantasy Versus XIII as that for the first time.. The main characters of a FF series look like yakuza members yet at the same time, Noctis's special weapon attack looks a lot like Archer's Unlimited Blade Works during its final phase. The only difference is that Noctis only have like 13 blades as opposed to 1000 blades.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 03:31   Link #1149
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama

Hello Quistis, I am Vifam.

Apparently this is Lightning's rival for the game. Whether she's anything approaching a final boss or just a Seifer remains to be seen, but I'm leaning more towards a Seifer like character....or an evil Quistis.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 06:31   Link #1150
Shadow Kira01

Probably more of a rival as opposed to the main antagonist..

The main antagonist could most likely be something of a grand scale as that seems to be the case in previous Final Fantasy games. Considering that FFXIII took place in a futuristic setting like FFX, isn't there a possibility in which the antagonist isn't human?

Also, will some of the characters from FF Versus XIII make cameos in FFXIII?
Old 2009-08-28, 09:00   Link #1151
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post

Apparently this is Lightning's rival for the game. Whether she's anything approaching a final boss or just a Seifer remains to be seen, but I'm leaning more towards a Seifer like character....or an evil Quistis.
hhmmm evil Quistis eh.....HELL YEAH! she can crack her whip at me any day!

When I first saw her I also thought she was rival to Lightning, the obviously more hawt rival but I do think she is just as you say a Seifer like character.
Old 2009-08-28, 22:48   Link #1152
Iron Maw
Banned

Famitsu screens:

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...21/28l534m.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...21/357mwkh.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...21/30cn7ep.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...21/2r20kqw.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...21/2edcagw.jpg

Some cool stuff about the gameplay:

Quote:
TSA at NeoGAF posted this:

Eh, Kitase and Toriyma told us in our session they are considering DLC since everyone at E3 and now apparently GamesCom is asking/requesting DLC. They had no intention to do it since Japan has no demand for it according to them, but they are rethinking that decision. So the "NO" confirmed isn't exactly right.

The only NO I got confirmed was a NO to the Japanese language tracks in the NA/EU versions, even though the demo we was was in Japanese with English subtitles...I'll let you guys enjoy their explanation...

Also whoever said Yaag Rosch is Lightning's rival is wrong. Toriyama said he was Lightning's former superior in the military, and he's the defender of Cocoon who will stop anyone who goes against it. So since Lightning is now out to destroy Cocoon, his mission is to stop her.

Serah was the name of the new girl artwork. She looked a bit like Sephorina, but I got a no comment to my personal question of if they had any relation. Serah is the chic Snow keeps metioning - which I think is Pulse's Fal'Cie, but that's a guess.

Paradigm shifts...in addition to switching the mode, you assign jobs to each character. Commando and Ravenger were two of the names I saw. It also looked like the weapons/outfits they had slightly changed (Vanille drew a bow instead of that club/horn thing).

Focus ability was described as a "vision" ability given to people with its power. Literally said it's like being given part of a sentence, and you have to complete it. It's how those given its power carry out the mission of the L'cie. In the demo, the "ice" area was actually frozen over by somebody turned to crystal due to their Focus ability. That area was inside Cocoon, too.

Toriyama likened it to the JOB system in past FFs, but it is only TEMPORARY (during the battle and for each Paradigm). Also, for those wondering about characters not used in the battle, you earn "points" to spend on characters, and you can spend them on any character to "level" them up.

One other nugget I remember is the benefit of getting a better rank in a battle. You can earn bonus TP that's needed to perform summons, and the star ranking will influence the game's AI - if you do poorly, the game gets easier. If you do great, it gets harder. Adaptive AI.
More bits on Jill (who's name is spelled Jihl).

Quote:
Say hello to Jihl Nabaat. Last seen acting smug in Square Enix's Final Fantasy XIII E3 trailer, she is the commander of PSICOM, the intelligence force of the theocratic government Lightning and gang are fighting against in the game. She is pretty, but she's also cruel and heartless, seeing the l'Cie as something below human. She also looks great in glasses.

"After graduating first in her class, Nabaat exercised her skills effortlessly within PSICOM and advanced steadily through the ranks," FFXIII sub-character designer Nao Ikeda told Famitsu magazine this week. "She handles daily policy and takes strategic command of the military when called for, so PSICOM's soldiers are generally always following her orders."

Her right-hand man in PSICOM is Yaag Rosch, a scarred, silver-haired last seen in the Tokyo Game Show 2008 trailer. A man who puts the protection of Cocoon ahead of everything else, he sees Lightning and her crew as major threat to the peace of his homeland and attacks them with some serious passion as a result. "Rosch graduated one position behind Nabaat after a long, painful time in the academy," Ikeda commented. "He is extremely talented, though not as much as Nabaat, and he's taken a similar elite-officer path through the PSICOM ranks. He often fights on the front lines himself, leading his forces at the forefront, and the scar down his forehead reflects the harsh training and fighting he's undertaken."
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175765
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 23:19   Link #1153
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
hhmmm evil Quistis eh.....HELL YEAH! she can crack her whip at me any day!

When I first saw her I also thought she was rival to Lightning, the obviously more hawt rival but I do think she is just as you say a Seifer like character.
I already like her. Someone get me close to her.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 00:13   Link #1154
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

We're only now going gaga over the blond enemy commander? I was already practically drooling the first reveal about her some months ago. Man, glasses + long hair are two traits that I am naturally attracted to, and Jill does it to a tee.

Of course, she still doesn't top Lebraun for moe points, but man, she is by far the prettiest female I've seen in a FF in recent memory.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 04:00   Link #1155
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

You know, I seriously think that the most beautiful character was that mother, those who played the demo should know. Its most probably because I like short hair and mature women.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 12:30   Link #1156
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
You know, I seriously think that the most beautiful character was that mother, those who played the demo should know. Its most probably because I like short hair and mature women.
Your Talking about Hope's Mother Right?
Spoiler for Spoiler?:

But seriously, Who names their Kid Hope or Snow?
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 08:05   Link #1157
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
A certain area is covered for no real reason, what's up with the balant blasphemy. Medaka-chan definitely got the upper hand.

Btw, Anything mentioned on romance in FFXIII or FFvXIII? From versus I'm getting the feeling a Romeo & Juliet kinda feeling including the "tragic" ending.

I need romance dammit, haven't had my FF romance fix since FFX. I doesn't need to be the main theme, but something subtle like FF4 and FF9 is good enough.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 11:05   Link #1158
Shadow Kira01

A Look at Final Fantasy XIII's Combat System and Strategy

The narrator should voice Lightning..

Did she just say Paradigm Shift battle system?

Sounds so much like the Ar Tonelico series...
Old 2009-08-30, 20:31   Link #1159
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:

May I ask which distinguished lady is doing her Japanese voice?

(If it's a rookie, SE has some darn big balls.)
Old 2009-08-30, 21:23   Link #1160
Cinocard

I can't get enough of that picture...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
A Look at Final Fantasy XIII's Combat System and Strategy

The narrator should voice Lightning..

Did she just say Paradigm Shift battle system?

Sounds so much like the Ar Tonelico series...
Their dialogue at the end seems interesting. Any speculation going around yet?
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
final fantasy, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360