AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-10-12, 01:15   Link #441
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
This may be a classic question...

Why still no football team in los angeles?
The city & the NFL were a bit wary of trying woo another team due to the failures of the Rams and Raiders in LA.

Actually, in '99, LA was awarded an expansion franchise. However, the city wasn't willing to spend the money, hence increase taxes temporarily, to built a new stadium in the LA area. This is when Houston jumped in and was awarded the Texans.

But do not worry, at long last, a project has been greenlit:

Quote:
After intense negotiations, a lawsuit filed by the nearby city of Walnut has been resolved, clearing a path for the construction of a new football stadium in the L.A.-area city of Industry.

The settlement renders efforts to change California environmental laws unnecessary. The group building the stadium, led by Ed Roski, had been lobbying the California legislature aggressively for the revision that would have mooted the lawsuit.

Members of the Walnut City Council approved the settlement by a 3-1 vote.

And so the project may now proceed.
http://www.losangelesfootballstadium.com/

It looks real good.

Extra info:

Quote:
Which teams are most likely to relocate?

San Diego is the front-runner because the Chargers have a window each year to get out of their Qualcomm Stadium lease without the threat of a lawsuit. They also want a new stadium and haven't been able to get one done there.

Jacksonville can't get out as easily, but the Jaguars are in a dire situation. Even when they tarp thousands of seats, they can't sell out their games. Others who potentially could relocate down the road are Minnesota, St. Louis, Buffalo and Oakland.

Will the league create a new team for L.A.?

No. Expansion is off the table, and not because the league likes its current format of eight four-team divisions. It's because owners don't want to slice the financial pie 33 ways. Thirty-two is plenty for them.

Why can't a team just pack up the moving vans and go, regardless of what the league says?

If it wants to play in a new stadium -- the only way it would move -- that team would need the support of the NFL, because the venue's financing plan would require help from the league in the form of loans, multiple Super Bowls and other financial assistance.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...040,full.story

Bottom line is, LA could probably expect a team by 2013. San Antonio could also gain a team, since they pushed hard for the Saints to move to the AlamoDome permenantly after the Katrina tragedy. Toronto has been wooing the Buffalo Bills lightly as well.

Last edited by Dilla; 2009-10-12 at 02:21.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 01:19   Link #442
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySoldier37 View Post
Horrible day to be a Redskins fan like myself, lost against the Panthers a team that hasn't won a single game all year.
The Panthers aren't any worse than the Redskins, they just played harder opponents. Hell, the Panthers were favored by 3.5 points in Vegas.

Last edited by Dilla; 2009-10-12 at 02:09.
Old 2009-10-12, 01:35   Link #443
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
rams 0-5
NOTE on the Rams: Current 15 game winless streak going on. In b4 Lions.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 01:52   Link #444
LusterFlare
Lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
As a Giants fan, you have my sincerest condolences. I think we've over done it with the scoring.
Where is the mercy rule when you need it ?
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 02:08   Link #445
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by LusterFlare View Post
Where is the mercy rule when you need it ?
lol..

Well, we have a good match up coming up next week. Saints actually plays defense, and their offense is not too savvy either. As for the Raider-fans, I think it's about time the fans give serious thought to the idea Al Davis might be too old and senile to maintain this death-claw to this team. At this rate the Raider-fans may equal the misery of a Lions fan.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 02:13   Link #446
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
lol..

Well, we have a good match up coming up next week. Saints actually plays defense, and their offense is not too savvy either. As for the Raider-fans, I think it's about time the fans give serious thought to the idea Al Davis might be too old and senile to maintain this death-claw to this team. At this rate the Raider-fans may equal the misery of a Lions fan.
Based on the few times I've encountered them, I think that Raiders' fan know that Al Davis is ruining the team, but what can they do? Al Davis is the owner not the head coach, and he can't be removed by the NFL unless he does something illegal. The Raiders only shots are either for him to die or for him to retire and sell the team.

I'm still wondering what Nnandi Asomugha was smoking when he had the perfect opportunity to get out, but re-signed instead.

Last edited by Dilla; 2009-10-12 at 02:30.
Old 2009-10-12, 02:23   Link #447
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Another embarrassing day to be a Raider fan.
It must suck to be embarrassed every day for 4 years
Quote:
Well, we have a good match up coming up next week. Saints actually plays defense, and their offense is not too savvy either.
Have fun watching the Giants lose to the Saints
Quote:
At this rate the Raider-fans may equal the misery of a Lions fan.
If I was still a Raiders fan, my pride would be in tatters after that scathing remark.
Old 2009-10-12, 02:38   Link #448
LusterFlare
Lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Based on the few times I've encountered them, I think that Raiders' fan know that Al Davis is ruining the team, but what can they do? Al Davis is the owner not the head coach, and he can't be removed by the NFL unless he does something illegal. The Raiders only shots are either for him to die or for him to retire and sell the team.
I think Davis's wife will gain full control of the team if he dies. Wonder where that might take us lol.

Quote:
I'm still wondering what Nnandi Asomugha was smoking when he had the perfect opportunity to get out, but re-signed instead.
He's getting paid big money. It's basically a two-year deal with a third year option if the Raiders want to keep him. If they do, they have to pay even more. Being regarded as one the best, if not the best, corners in the league, I'm sure he'll duck out of Oakland in a couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
It must suck to be embarrassed every day for 4 years
Actually, we are well on our way to a 7th straight losing season !
Old 2009-10-12, 02:54   Link #449
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Actually, we are well on our way to a 7th straight losing season !
Really? Because in 2002 the Raiders were in the playoffs, where they lost on that bullshit call to the Patriots And in 2003 they went to the Super Bowl. If those are losing seasons, than by your definition most teams in the NFL have been on extremely long losing streaks.
Old 2009-10-12, 03:08   Link #450
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Really? Because in 2002 the Raiders were in the playoffs, where they lost on that bullshit call to the Patriots And in 2003 they went to the Super Bowl. If those are losing seasons, than by your definition most teams in the NFL have been on extremely long losing streaks.
No, LusterFlare is right. The Raiders went to the Super Bowl for the 2002 regular season(the playoffs go into the next year). The 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 seasons were all losing seasons. This 2009 season would be their 7th straight losing season.
Old 2009-10-12, 03:10   Link #451
LusterFlare
Lost.

Ah Dilla beat me to it :P.

Last edited by LusterFlare; 2009-10-12 at 03:12. Reason: Sniped >:O!
Old 2009-10-12, 14:40   Link #452
cyberprofit

Hey did you guys see the Dallas VS KC Chiefs game? Wow...that was pretty exciting. It's been a long time since I have seen a match up like that go into overtime.
cyberprofit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 22:50   Link #453
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Yay for the Dolphins victory!

Been a while since last I watched one of their games, btw.

Last quarter was pretty intense.
Old 2009-10-13, 01:25   Link #454
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

yea the rate the raiders going they end up being yawn nfl teams besides al davis might sinking the raiders like titanic.

look at them since 2003 season 5 different coaches lasting 2 season or less with number of roster changes after another really raiders is sinking like the titanic.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 09:20   Link #455
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Denver Broncos 5-0 we beat the Patriots and Belicheat Belichick in Ot with our throwbacks

Old 2009-10-13, 10:58   Link #456
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

My Saints are gonna have a tuff time with that Miami wildcat, I can see right now how they are gonna try and play keep away from Drew Brees in a couple of weeks, but first thing first..The Giants coming to the Superdome this week and Coach Payton has had two weeks off to prepare?? ^o^ W00t! This is our statement game…We already beat one NY team, time to ice the next one…
Old 2009-10-13, 12:52   Link #457
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Hoping for the Saints to take out the giants, thus to even things up for my Eagles in the division. I'm thinking at this point the Saints are one of the few teams that can keep up with the Giants dominating offense.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 22:15   Link #458
Samari
World's Greatest

San Francisco needs a quarterback. Please let Nate Davis be the answer.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 23:01   Link #459
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

lmao Rod Smith Was right were 5-0
Old 2009-10-14, 00:11   Link #460
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Based on the few times I've encountered them, I think that Raiders' fan know that Al Davis is ruining the team, but what can they do? Al Davis is the owner not the head coach, and he can't be removed by the NFL unless he does something illegal. The Raiders only shots are either for him to die or for him to retire and sell the team..
That is the frustrating part about the whole saga. We are all aware of where the problem lies, but the Raider fans are helpless to do anything about it nonetheless.

Quote:
Have fun watching the Giants lose to the Saints
We shall see, now won't we? Drew should bring a sleeping bag since he is going to spend most of his time on the ground with 300 pounders on top of him after a successful blitz. Blitz blitz blitz.. and then the Giants blitz some more.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports