Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2003-12-12, 13:40   Link #161
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reymysteriojr
Ok heres a silly question...Not sure if it was asked before but here it goes. With the Hyuga ichizoku clan and having a main house and a Hyuga Clan branch house. Wouldnt you think it would be wrong or against the clan house rules to let hinata and neji fight each other? Because
1.) the hyuga branch should be looking out for the Main clan house. Protecting.
2.) With Neji being in the Branch and him beating someone from the Main house would make the main house look bad.
3.)Letting a branch member hurt a main house member the way Neji hurt Hinata.

Hey look at that I learned how to count...Thanks Sesame Street.
Not sure if it was asked before either...but anyway...

Under normal circumstances, I'm sure the branch house members aren't supposed to fight main house members outside of training/sparring. This is, however, a Chuunin test. Both members are trying to advance, and the Main house/Branch house standings have no distinctions in ability.

P.S. No other Hyuuga members were at the 3rd test prelims, so even if the rules were to say Neji must lie down and let Hinata advance (which they shouldn't; a rule like that would just be stupid and not in the best interests of the village) no one was around to enforce it.

P.P.S. Your question reminds me of one asked already - why doesn't Hinata just activate the curse seal and kill Neji? If she did (assuming she can), I'm sure she would be disqualified on the spot b/c even though there are no rules, you have to draw the line SOMEWHERE in the spirit of competition.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 14:01   Link #162
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Not sure if it was asked before either...but anyway...
Indeed it was

The point is, under normal circumstances, the main family don't take part on the chuunin exam or of any missions out of Konoha, actually they didn't even go to the academy.
They're trained by the other member of the main family to fight and to rules the Hyuga clan later.
Dont forget the that the Main family are 'noble'.

When Hiashi rejected Hinata and trow her to the academy, Kurenai ask him if he was really sure because Hinata was a member of the Main family and as a genin she would be surrounded by death (ie Hinata could be in danger of death, so that the Heir of the Hyuga could die).

Hiashi just said to Kurenai to do as her wish, that the Hyuga didn't care anymore about a loser like Hinata weaker than her 5 years old little sister.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 19:03   Link #163
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Neji's power is not even close to the power that Naruto showed us in this episode.Its just that Naruto wanted to show him that he could still own him in a close combat.Meaning this your Kaiten is nothing to me.Btw Naruto had not chakra to spare he had so many chakra still left.You will see it on couple of episodes later.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 19:45   Link #164
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Neji's power is not even close to the power that Naruto showed us in this episode.Its just that Naruto wanted to show him that he could still own him in a close combat.Meaning this your Kaiten is nothing to me.Btw Naruto had not chakra to spare he had so many chakra still left.You will see it on couple of episodes later.
Good point there !!!

Neji got hiss ass totalty owned!
Loki_Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 19:51   Link #165
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Few of the Naruto-Gurus allready mentioned this. Neji does not need to have overwhelming chakra depot at his disposal. Whatever amount of Chakra Neji has, he uses it to the perfection. Imagine Neji's having a very slight portion of Kyubi Chakra inside him. Naruto would have been blown to smitherin (may be Naruto's blown carcass would have come together just like Buu). Only one good thing about Naruto winning the fight was, he was able to get inside Neji's head and that was before he defeated Neji. Other than that, Naruto is a monster with Kyubi inside who looks very very very very cool with his Chakra display. *Fireworks anyone?* Naruto, learning some taijutsu would be awesome.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 00:20   Link #166
Kabuto

I just saw the Ep and i think all of you guys over exaggerated this fight. THe only good thing in the NAruto vs neji fight was Neji's 64 hands. The 9-tails naruto was very corny. THe manga did it right. The anime made it wrong.
One thing that was very very wrong that the anime done was show that Neji's power is equivilent to naruto's nine-tails. WHich by far is not true.

The best far in the anime so far is RockLee vs Gaara.
Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 00:35   Link #167
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

u kinda put is down but yea.....kyubi naruto was disappointing and the fact that a Genin Neji was able to go against equal powered against the power of one of the legendary 9 demons is kinda messed up. But oh well.....at least it wasnt a filler....
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 00:57   Link #168
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
you guys are so slow... how many times does it have to be explained? Naruto doesnt know how to properly use the chakra, ts just flowing around him barely doing shit for him, he doesnt even utilize the full extent of the miniscule amount of chakra he brought out - remember ebisu sensei explained, Naruto uses about 2-3 times more chakra to do the same move that someone else would
Old 2003-12-13, 00:57   Link #169
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Its hardly fair to say Neji was fighting against one of the 9 demons. Naruto isnt that strong. Not yet anyways.

the power of Kyuubi does make him a hell of a lots stronger than your average Genin though, which makes Neji seem that much stronger.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 03:01   Link #170
Kabuto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
you guys are so slow... how many times does it have to be explained? Naruto doesnt know how to properly use the chakra, ts just flowing around him barely doing shit for him, he doesnt even utilize the full extent of the miniscule amount of chakra he brought out - remember ebisu sensei explained, Naruto uses about 2-3 times more chakra to do the same move that someone else would
You also seem to be forgetting no matter how stupid Naruto is, the Fox's powers increases his SPEED AND POWERE. And the speed and power has to be far much better then any chuunin.
He did not, Let me explain again, He did not use any seals. He just used raw power in that fight which doesn't need chakara control. He did not do any seals, no bushin no clones no nothing. He threw stupid ninja stars!!!!!

SO in the anime it showed that Neji had the same speed as Naruto this is represented by him dodging Naruto's punch and also fighting side by side with him.
It also showed that he had the same raw muscle as Naruto. This is shown by him blocking all of narutos hit. Narutos fist should of went right threw nejis little knife.

So it seems you are slow today DF-san.
It also doesn't take 2-3 time the amount of chakara to throw a punch. Ebisu was explaining chakara control while doing jutsus.
Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 04:27   Link #171
Uzumaki626
-=GIF Sennin=-

Send a message via MSN to Uzumaki626
I thought Naruto had good chakra control now that he learned to walk on water ??
Uzumaki626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 06:43   Link #172
Jeff_from_MD
Inactive Member

[QUOTE=Kabuto]....
One thing that was very very wrong that the anime done was show that Neji's power is equivilent to naruto's nine-tails. WHich by far is not true....
[QUOTE]

You know, if we WERE to go along with nine-tails chakra being used so competently enough that Neji woulda been blown away at that last collision...we would have missed the chance to see what really made Nartuo a real winner: his uppercut afterward--the first unguarded strike.

Therein lies the message of the episode. And you saw it TWICE:
1) During the middle fight, Naruto's cheesy incredibly sizable shadow replication was just a RUSE to catch Neji off guard long enough to strike at him with him and a clone from behind. (granted the divination whirl cut this short)

2) During the last collision, even with a cheesy advantage like 9-tails chakra, end the only way Naruto was EVER able to TOUCH Neji at the skin was with catching Neji off guard with a subterranean uppercut.

Both times, what seemed like Naruto's unfairly powerful trump card didn't give him the one-up over Neji...rather it was thinking ahead and working off his own wits, his own human qualities and not any power entrusted to him later. Naruto thought ahead and Neji only saw what he THOUGHT was Naruto's ceiling.
Jeff_from_MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 12:11   Link #173
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuto
He did not, Let me explain again, He did not use any seals. He just used raw power in that fight which doesn't need chakara control. He did not do any seals, no bushin no clones no nothing. He threw stupid ninja stars!!!!!
And that's exactly the point, Naruto uses the Kyubi chakra like a bull, he just ran on Neji surrounded with the Kyubi's chakra, he didn't control it at all.

In the other hand Neji has much much less chakra than Naruto in 'Kyubi's state' but he uses it to perfection.

Seriously, the Kyubi gave to Naruto more chakra than Neji will never have.
More chakra than all the jounins in the arena will never have in fact.
It was more chakra than the time where Naruto had summoned Gamabunta and there is only few people in all the world who have enough chakra for that.

And he uses it... for a punch, a punch charged wildly with the Kyubi's chakra.
But Neji even if he hadn't the same amount of chakra -by far- uses it perfectly and efficiently, that's the big difference.

Quote:
This is shown by him blocking all of narutos hit. Narutos fist should of went right threw nejis little knife.
It's not the knife which blocked the blow, it was the Kaiten.

Quote:
It also doesn't take 2-3 time the amount of chakara to throw a punch. Ebisu was explaining chakara control while doing jutsus.
Actually, it take all the chakra given by the Kyubi.

Quote:
Therein lies the message of the episode. And you saw it TWICE:
1) During the middle fight, Naruto's cheesy incredibly sizable shadow replication was just a RUSE to catch Neji off guard long enough to strike at him with him and a clone from behind. (granted the divination whirl cut this short)

2) During the last collision, even with a cheesy advantage like 9-tails chakra, end the only way Naruto was EVER able to TOUCH Neji at the skin was with catching Neji off guard with a subterranean uppercut.

Both times, what seemed like Naruto's unfairly powerful trump card didn't give him the one-up over Neji...rather it was thinking ahead and working off his own wits, his own human qualities and not any power entrusted to him later. Naruto thought ahead and Neji only saw what he THOUGHT was Naruto's ceiling.
That's very true, Naruto outminded Neji and take him off guard, but franckly I'm not sure that was very useful, Neji was completely exausted, he could barely walk after having partially deviated the blow of Naruto.
In the manga you can see Neji's head when he sees the blow coming, but he can't do anything, he hasn't the chakra to do the Kaiten anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzumaki626
I thought Naruto had good chakra control now that he learned to walk on water ??
Actually in the manga, Naruto didn't learn anything, Jiraiya just removed the seal of Oro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzumaki626
and hunter were u talkin about the pic with lines or the reddened one?
lol sorry I didn't see your question, yeah I spoke about the reddened one
Old 2003-12-13, 13:55   Link #174
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
BTW, after walking on trees and over water, wouldn't the next logically step be walking 'over' air, or in other words: flying around like Dragonball Z chracters?
LOL..Yeah, that should be the next logical step..So, who do you want to see fly first? I want to see Sakura and Lee flying, although Lee does fly in some extent with that speed.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 16:14   Link #175
CommS007

They don't fly (yet), but can jump very well
(also in Samurai Jack >.> )

Hunter:
Naruto learned how to summon Gama Bunta and how to like get the Kyubi to pay rent, so he did learn something :P
And isn't exhausting the opponent, also a good way to win :P
CommS007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-14, 17:18   Link #176
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

CommS007 if you had read the quote which I answered, you would have understood that I spoke about the fact that Naruto can walk on water and nothing else.
Old 2003-12-14, 19:06   Link #177
Stickels
Just passing by

episode was cool, it let me finish my music video yay!

anybody know/have someplace to host the video so that people can see it?
Stickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 13:57   Link #178
Izlude
Sharingan!

i thought the powering up was cool. the actual fighting was so much better in the manga. they could have done so much with that fight, and it was poorly done.

even though the dialogue's were relatively the same, 1 or 2 different words really gave the scenes a better effect in the manga.

when i read the manga...i sort of sat back and said "wow".
when i saw the episode...i was like, "eh, i see your point".
Izlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 22:26   Link #179
DJuntitled
Inactive Member

Send a message via AIM to DJuntitled
whooooooo! this episode was fantastic!
the fighting secnes were great, but i am sorry if i tick anyone off but i still thing the fight betten rock lee and gaara was/is still the best by far!
DJuntitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 22:31   Link #180
Stickels
Just passing by

you know, somehow I think the reason people find the manga better is because they saw it first, when you see it in the anime its just repeating something you've allready seen, which allways makes it seem less.

of course the speach isn't going to have as much of an affect, you've heard it before.
Stickels is offline   Reply With Quote