Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-06-29, 18:44   Link #7901
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The problem is that he kept his friends and his girlfriend in the dark until the last minute. Just like when he decided to move to Tokyo, he never once thought about talking to them before making his decision. Takashi called him out on it back then. Since they never know anything until it already happens, they have to take in everything at once. Does Haruto really care about his friends?
He didn't properly know his own feelings till the end either. He just wanted to break up swift and cleanly. Does it really matter if he took the few minutes to call them up to break up? Honestly do people need updates every minute of my current mental state? That's a pretty restrictive friendship. He cares for his friends, but who he dates is his own business. Just so you know with the average friendships break ups tend to be told after it happens. When people talk to their mates about breaking up before they do it, it's because they need someone to confide in. Not to give their friends a heads up. In this case Haruto already confided in Rin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
He was with the girl for two years. He should have at least had the decency to show her some respect and lay everything out for her. He just wanted to get out of it as quickly as possible and bang Eba. At no point did he even consider her feelings in all of this.

I wouldn't have minded if this was some short fling but a two year releationship with a girl whose been as loyal and trusting to you, to such a degree isn't someone you just ditch and move on without a second thought for her during the entire thing.
And how would that help? He knew perfectly well what his feelings where. Thus prompted to break up. How would dragging shit out help the problem. He apologized and explained why he broke up? Again what are you expecting. Break ups aren't nice period. You guys seem to hold break ups in some high standard. In my experience quick and swift break ups are for the best.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 18:48   Link #7902
Emulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
He was with the girl for two years. He should have at least had the decency to show her some respect and lay everything out for her. He just wanted to get out of it as quickly as possible and bang Eba. At no point did he even consider her feelings in all of this.

I wouldn't have minded if this was some short fling but a two year releationship with a girl whose been as loyal and trusting to you, to such a degree isn't someone you just ditch and move on without a second thought for her during the entire thing.

Plus like pointed above, his friends importance to him is questionable at best.
Yeah sure. /sarcasm
His friends were the ones that judged him without knowing anything and threatend him with throwing away their friendship just because he broke up with a girl he doesnīt love if he doesnīt go back to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
He didn't properly know his own feelings till the end either. He just wanted to break up swift and cleanly. Does it really matter if he took the few minutes to call them up to break up? Honestly do people need updates every minute of my current mental state? That's a pretty restrictive friendship. He cares for his friends with who he dates is his own business. Just so you know with the average friendships break ups tend to be told after it happens. When people talk to their mates about breaking up before they do it, it's because they need someone to confide in. Not to give their friends a heads up. In this case Haruto already confided in Rin.
I agree with you.
The thing is that itīs his own business if he wants to break up. Thatīs none of their business and they have absolutely no right to threat him with throwing away their frienship becaus of such an absurd thing.
Emulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 18:55   Link #7903
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Although im glad he did it so the hurt wouldn't continue. I think Tenchi Hou Take has a point and that point is respect. If this was a two week relationship i would hardly given it enough thought to post on it but this was not some fling this was a 2 year relationship.

Now one can argue and that Asuka ran out before he could say anything else. However, screw that if you are a man you go after and you explain even if she slaps you take it because you are the one that hurt her. After you explain if she runs away or spits in your face then so be it but at least you had the decency to explain the situation.

Some readers are satisfied with the "i like another girl please break up with me" im sorry im not after 2 years he owes Asuka more of an explanation than that. I wasnt really going to touch on it but since it was bought up this line bothered the shit out me.

Spoiler for chap 141:

He doesn't even try he gives up he has resided himself to the fact that there is nothing he can say too her. Granted shes not home but honestly he could try to give it one more shot to explain he never set out to hurt her that he realized he still had feelings for Yuzuki later on. At least try its exactly like with his friends open your mouth and tell them "why" you have made these choices its not hard to do if you have the absolute resolution to do so and you have no regrets about your decisions.

he doesnt have to tell his friends everything but there is a lot of misunderstandings going on right now because of lack of communication. oh well such is life i dont think Haruto is a bad guy despite me being hard on him. Im hard of him because hes a nice guy.
Old 2011-06-29, 19:00   Link #7904
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Some readers are satisfied with the "i like another girl please break up with me" im sorry im not after 2 years he owes Asuka more of an explanation than that. I wasnt really going to touch on it but since it was bought up this line bothered the shit out me.
So what is he supposed to explain? Are you assuming that Asuka is born stupid and didn't know what was going on?
Quote:
he doesnt have to tell his friends everything but there is a lot of misunderstandings going on right now because of lack of communication. oh well such is life i dont think Haruto is a bad guy despite me being hard on him. Im hard of him because hes a nice guy.
What's he supposed to explain? He's in love with his ex. They understand that. Here they are acting like it's grave sin to fall back in love with their ex.
Old 2011-06-29, 19:03   Link #7905
Emulator

Quote:
Although im glad he did it so the hurt wouldn't continue. I think Tenchi Hou Take has a point and that point is respect. If this was a two week relationship i would hardly given it enough thought to post on it but this was not some fling this was a 2 year relationship.

Now one can argue and that Asuka ran out before he could say anything else. However, screw that if you are a man you go after and you explain even if she slaps you take it because you are the one that hurt her. After you explain if she runs away or spits in your face then so be it but at least you had the decency to explain the situation.

Spoiler for chap 141:

He doesn't even try he gives up he has resided himself to the fact that there is nothing he can say too her. Granted shes not home but honestly he could try to give it one more shot to explain he never set out to hurt her that he realized he still had feelings for Yuzuki later on. At least try its exactly like with his friends open your mouth and tell them "why" you have made these choices its not hard to do if you have the absolute resolution to do so and you have no regrets about your decisions.
Not really. If my so called friends that know me for over 10 years can judge me before knowing the whole picture an are threatening me, it just demonstrates how little our friendship means to them. If they want to throw away our friendship because of such an absurd thing, i would not want to be friends with them either.
Old 2011-06-29, 19:06   Link #7906
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulator View Post
Not really. If my so called friends that know me for over 10 years can judge me before knowing the whole picture an are threatening me, it just demonstrates how llittle our frindship means to them. If they want to throw away our friendship because of such an absurd thing, i would not want to be friends with them either.
Yeah, here Haruto is getting flack what I myself and many others would do in the same situation. Here we have "friends" that threaten their own friend about something that isn't their business in the first place, but they are the ones acting rationally?
Old 2011-06-29, 19:09   Link #7907
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
[QUOTE=2H-Dragon;3672322]
/QUOTE]

Quote:
So what is he supposed to explain? Are you assuming that Asuka is born stupid and didn't know what was going on?
We actually dont know what Asuka knows. All she knows is the guy shes been with for 2 years broke up with her for another girl end of story. She used the word trust when telling Kiyomi about the situation she trusted him. She could think that Haruto was fooling around behind her back for months. She could think that Haruto just used her to get over Yuzuki till she came back in his life. When you leave a big gaping hole its very easy for people to fill in what they think is the right answer. Given Haruto stellar record for telling the truth why shouldn't she assume the worst.

Quote:
What's he supposed to explain? He's in love with his ex. They understand that.[
Its not black and white if it was it wouldn't be an issue. They know he loves Yuzuki, what they dont understand is how Haruto came to make this difficult decision. Remember Haruto has been saying for 2 years now that he does not love Yuzuki anymore then all of sudden he breaks up with Asuka and gets back with her.
Old 2011-06-29, 19:11   Link #7908
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

[QUOTE=Sinestra;3672207]
Spoiler for snip:
I do see where you're coming from, we both agree that the choice the friends made wasn't exactly the best choice. But you decide to go with the "wait and see" before condemning them for their decision, while I like some of the others are upset at the fact that they seem to take their friendship lightly.

Quote:
He didn't properly know his own feelings till the end either. He just wanted to break up swift and cleanly. Does it really matter if he took the few minutes to call them up to break up? Honestly do people need updates every minute of my current mental state? That's a pretty restrictive friendship. He cares for his friends, but who he dates is his own business. Just so you know with the average friendships break ups tend to be told after it happens. When people talk to their mates about breaking up before they do it, it's because they need someone to confide in. Not to give their friends a heads up. In this case Haruto already confided in Rin.

And how would that help? He knew perfectly well what his feelings where. Thus prompted to break up. How would dragging shit out help the problem. He apologized and explained why he broke up? Again what are you expecting. Break ups aren't nice period. You guys seem to hold break ups in some high standard. In my experience quick and swift break ups are for the best.
I agree, wise words are spoken.

I do believe that there really isn't more Haruto can say to lessen the impact, it was straight and concise. "I like someone else." What else is there to say? Play some Barry Manalowe and go with the whole "Baby it ain't you, it's me." line?

She's gonna be hurt no matter what.

[QUOTE=Sinestra;3672333]
Quote:
/QUOTE]

We actually dont know what Asuka knows. All she knows is the guy shes been with for 2 years broke up with her for another girl end of story. She used the word trust when telling Kiyomi about the situation she trusted him. She could think that Haruto was fooling around behind her back for months. She could think that Haruto just used her to get over Yuzuki till she came back in his life. When you leave a big gaping hole its very easy for people to fill in what they think is the right answer. Given Haruto stellar record for telling the truth why shouldn't she assume the worst.

Its not black and white if it was it wouldn't be an issue. They know he loves Yuzuki, what they dont understand is how Haruto came to make this difficult decision. Remember Haruto has been saying for 2 years now that he does not love Yuzuki anymore then all of sudden he breaks up with Asuka and gets back with her.
As far as I know, he's only sorta mentioned it once, 2 years ago. It's not like they were hounding his feelings for the last 2 years.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 19:15   Link #7909
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
If she wants to assume the worst honestly that's her problem. I'm not going to run after a girl that clearly needs her space. She knows enough to graps the situation. When she's ready I can always give the long explanation later.

Quote:
So give him a chance to explain his feelings, instead of threatening him? If my friend went through something like that. The first thing I'd ask why'd you do that? Instead of being all judgmental. edit: He did explain why he broke up and how he felt and they still acted out. :O
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Play some Barry Manalowe and go with the whole "Baby it ain't you, it's me." line?
Truth be told if any of my ex's broke up with me like that. I would feel better.
Old 2011-06-29, 19:23   Link #7910
Shadow5YA

Quote:
He didn't properly know his own feelings till the end either. He just wanted to break up swift and cleanly. Does it really matter if he took the few minutes to call them up to break up? Honestly do people need updates every minute of my current mental state? That's a pretty restrictive friendship. He cares for his friends with who he dates is his own business. Just so you know with the average friendships break ups tend to be told after it happens. When people talk to their mates about breaking up before they do it, it's because they need someone to confide in. Not to give their friends a heads up. In this case Haruto already confided in Rin.
Haruto's friends are also to be his confidant. He doesn't tell them squat. There's are differences between telling your friends everything, something, and nothing. Haruto told them nothing. Takashi and Akari aren't supposed to be casual friends you normally have in real life either. They're supposed to be platonic friends that have been there for him nearly all his life. They way he treats them, it doesn't seem like he's that close to them.

He also never went to Rin. Rin took the initiative and pried the info out of Haruto.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 19:24   Link #7911
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
If she wants to assume the worst honestly that's her problem. I'm not going to run after a girl that clearly needs her space. If she's ready I can always give the long explanation later.

So give him a chance to explain his feelings, instead of threatening him? If my friend went through something like that. The first thing I'd ask why'd you do that? Instead of being all judgmental.
I agree with you on both counts my problem is with Haruto's mentality that line pissed me off because he didnt even consider another choice. Residing yourself to the fact that you can do nothing means you are not even going to try. She needs her space alright not like shes really going to get it she lives next door and they go to the same school. I can understand the guy thinks there is nothing else he can do. I just feel that a 2 year long relationship deserves more than a few words. But your point is well taken.

I dont agree with his friends take on it at all with the exception of Kiyomi because there is no other way she could have taken it.

Like i stated before i dont agree with their actions but i understand them. The question is this. if these 2 are willing to throw away a 10 year long friendship why do they feel so strong about this that they cant be friends with him whats the reason? we dont know that and until we do ill stay in devil advocate corner.

Now Seo could be playing this card to give Yuzuki and Haruto plenty of alone time to develop their relationship with the hindrance of the side characters. Which would work because its obvious that they have taken Asuka's side in this. Its hard with two of your closest friends break up to still hang out, it can get awkward.

I want to see Rin's reaction when she finds out all of Haruto's friends ditched him. Im sure her words will be quite amusing
Old 2011-06-29, 19:35   Link #7912
Emulator

Quote:
I agree with you on both counts my problem is with Haruto's mentality that line pissed me off because he didnt even consider another choice. Residing yourself to the fact that you can do nothing means you are not even going to try. She needs her space alright not like shes really going to get it she lives next door and they go to the same school. I can understand the guy thinks there is nothing else he can do. I just feel that a 2 year long relationship deserves more than a few words. But your point is well taken.

I dont agree with his friends take on it at all with the exception of Kiyomi because there is no other way she could have taken it.

Like i stated before i dont agree with their actions but i understand them. The question is this. if these 2 are willing to throw away a 10 year long friendship why do they feel so strong about this that they cant be friends with him whats the reason? we dont know that and until we do ill stay in devil advocate corner.

Now Seo could be playing this card to give Yuzuki and Haruto plenty of alone time to develop their relationship with the hindrance of the side characters. Which would work because its obvious that they have taken Asuka's side in this. Its hard with two of your closest friends break up to still hang out, it can get awkward.

I want to see Rin's reaction when she finds out all of Haruto's friends ditched him. Im sure her words will be quite amusing
Itīs not like they were ever hanging out with Asuka. The only ones that are hanging out together are Nanami, Kiyomi and Akari. Sometimes they are with Haruto and Takashi but never with Asuka. The only thing Asuka did after training or college is getting home, eating Harutos cooking, sleeping or reading manga.
They also call Asuka only with Mishima-san. Good luck with practice, Mishima-san.
Spoiler for Chapter 140 page 5:

compared how they call Yuzuki with Yuzuki-chan and Rin with Rin-chan.
Spoiler for Chapter 140 page 4:

Last edited by Emulator; 2011-06-29 at 19:48.
Old 2011-06-29, 20:30   Link #7913
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Like I've said before, Asuka is just an friend through association. The only reason why she's even around the others is because of Haruto. She's practically a stranger.
Old 2011-06-29, 20:41   Link #7914
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

^ Which makes Takashi's reaction more peculiar to me.
Old 2011-06-29, 20:45   Link #7915
Key Board
Carbon

It's pretty clear to me

He's doing that to score approval points from Kiyomi
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 20:50   Link #7916
Emulator

Quote:
Like I've said before, Asuka is just an friend through association. The only reason why she's even around the others is because of Haruto. She's practically a stranger.
Thatīs what iīm saying. She is the girlfriend of their friend and they not only donīt hang out with her, they only "know" her for a couple of days on their trip to Hiroshima and since college started and that is maybe for 4 months. Except for Kiyomi. She knows her far longer. And that was the reason why only Kiyomi was there and not his so called friends. Asuka was only talking with Kiyomi and we know that Kiyomi was always jealous of Yuzuki because Kazama loved Yuzuki and she hated her for that. Who knows exactly what Kiyomi told the others and how much she exaggerated. And Takashi seems to be Kiyomis slave.
We havenīt seen Akari either. It was only Takashi that said that Akari thinks the same.
Old 2011-06-29, 20:57   Link #7917
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
It's pretty clear to me

He's doing that to score approval points from Kiyomi
Sheiiitttt! Ahhhh i should've seen it. I digress, do your thing Takashi! Hop on that bandwagon to take a swipe at that fine specimen! I'd do it too!

Old 2011-06-29, 20:59   Link #7918
xeon921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulator View Post
Thatīs what iīm saying. She is the girlfriend of their friend and they not only donīt hang out with her, they only "know" her for a couple of days on their trip to Hiroshima and since college started and that is maybe for 4 months. Except for Kiyomi. She knows her far longer. And that was the reason why only Kiyomi was there and not his so called friends. Asuka was only talking with Kiyomi and we know that Kiyomi was always jealous of Yuzuki because Kazama loved Yuzuki and she hated her for that. Who knows exactly what Kiyomi told the others and how much she exaggerated. And Takashi seems to be Kiyomis slave.
We havenīt seen Akari either. It was only Takashi that said that Akari thinks the same.
I'm thinking Kiyomi probably exaggerated from what was posted by Sinestra and yourself that it was a polite way to break up. Takashi seems to think that he broke up with her in a not so poilte and ugly way... who knows though.
xeon921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 21:15   Link #7919
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Which is the weirdest thing about this series, considering how easily Akari and Takashi make friends with people and how they are best friends with Haruto, you'd think they would be good friends with Asuka as well.
Yet Seo doesn't do that, instead he has the gang back to being friends with Haruto's ex that dumped him for another guy.

I think Seo is just doing this to get melodrama out of the situation.

After hearing what Takashi said Haruto should have a talk with his friends and tell them how it went and how he feels and then if they don't like, he can say "fine your problem"
Haven't had that....yet at least.

If I had a friend that went back to a girl that dumped him for another guy, I wouldn't say "I won't be your friend" but I just wouldn't care for his problems after that(I don't see that as me being a bad friend btw) If he won't learn then he won't learn, might as well let him be.
Old 2011-06-29, 21:20   Link #7920
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The right thing for Takashi to say in this situation, is to first ask "Is this what you really want?" get a response and say "Well, if this is what you really want, I hope you won't have any regrets. Good Luck"

This isn't a battle against a drug/alcohol addiction, or a life destroying decision, it's a damn chick. Who Haruto fucks won't effect anyone other than the ones who wants his sausage inside 'em. Even then it's extremely temporary and they will eventually move on to someone else.

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life