AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-04, 23:06   Link #941
Team Rocket Elite

I guess it's alright to get surprising results every now and then even if it means I have to spend hours figuring out what it all means and adjusting my stats. Back in 2010 and once said I Mio was the one opponent Azusa could never beat. "Never" apparently isn't a very long time in ISML. I am throughly shocked that Azusa managed to beat Mio. They both looked pretty normal in their Phase I matches so it doesn't seem like Mio suddenly dived off a cliff after her championship. Maybe their change in strength was simply hidden due to their large blowouts. And if Azusa can beat Mio, why not Shana as well? Taiga was holding Shana back by a bit but I doubt it was more than how much Mio held back Azusa. Misaka not having to deal with any other Index characters walks into first place. You can't much about Misaka's strength for this match but I suspect she would have taken first even without help. Hinagiku doesn't look too bad a manages to beat Taiga who was spliting votes with Shana. It seems she really has lost a step but maybe not as much as I used to think. Yuki and Haruhi did about what you could expect considering they were some of the weaker characters going into the match and they splitted votes. I think Victorique would still have a good shot at Haruhi even in a fair match. Konata is just happy to be in the first group.

Kanade (possibly being held back by Yui) just blasted her group. Another amazing performance. Kuroneko did better than I expected in almost beating Eucliwood. I wonder if it's because the latest OreImo OVA helped her out. Although you get two votes per match, Kanade is acting as a black hold that sucks up the first place votes and stops people for trying to vote for both Kuroneko and Kirino. I think Kirino would have done better if Kanade wasn't in the match. Since I last saw her Charlotte Dunois has apparently worked her way up to a bit below Kuroneko. She probably not being hurt by Houki as much as Kirino hurts Kuroneko, though. Yui's placing here doesn't mean a thing with Kanade stealing her votes.

The third group looked pretty normal. Clannad obviously got killed by the split votes. I'm a bit surprised that Mikuru got hammered so badly. Even if the Clannad characters are KyoAni as well, I didn't think they would affect Mikuru this match. I thought Nymph would be the weakest of the 50 in the contest but it looks like she's stronger than Huang Lingyin. At least i'm not seeing any obvious reason why Nymph might be overperforming relative to Lingyin.

Hitagi and Nadeko managed to finish 1-2 despite the split votes. Tsumugi and Ui didn't do as well.

Group 5 was just a bunch of characters that were close together and that's how the results played out. C.C. does manage to take first by a larger margin than I expected. Iwasawa and Shiina were likely the weakest to begin with and the split votes didn't help.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the next seeding matches say.
Old 2011-04-04, 23:42   Link #942
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

mah mio is losing..badly. T__T

even azusa had beaten her. DX well, atleast mah other bets did very well in other pools. XD the only AB character i dun like winning is kanade herself (yuri ftw!! ). sadly for me, tenshi's really strong. one could already tell this early in the game that she's going to get the tiara. DX

Last edited by BaKaBaKaOtaKu; 2011-04-05 at 00:00.
Old 2011-04-05, 02:11   Link #943
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
another depressing and strange result??? lol... Kanade is winning and on road to Tiara.... ^^
Results are bound to be strange when so many characters are grouped together and people can only vote 2 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
mah mio is losing..badly. T__T

even azusa had beaten her. DX well, atleast mah other bets did very well in other pools. XD the only AB character i dun like winning is kanade herself (yuri ftw!! ). sadly for me, tenshi's really strong. one could already tell this early in the game that she's going to get the tiara. DX
Kanade's winning that group proves literally nothing about her chances of the tiara, as all of the characters with a fair chance of it weren't in that group with her really . The next round though would be better for judging some of her actual chances.
MAL
Old 2011-04-05, 02:38   Link #944
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

i hope you're right about kanade.
Old 2011-04-05, 02:47   Link #945
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

One might recall how strong Shana has been in the past, and yet she does not have a tiara. The hate engine tends to come around in Saimoe when you win too much.
Old 2011-04-05, 03:27   Link #946
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

it might also be not the case with tenshi. i mean, man, she's shining so much to the point of invincibility. DX gahh!! if mio doesn't win this year, i hope it's either azusa or yuri. add hitagi to that. XD
Old 2011-04-05, 03:31   Link #947
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The chances of Mio winning two years in a row are small. Unless of course faction factors and other nonsense gets involved in using Mio against say Tenshi in Single Elimination at the end. This would happen I suppose if Tenshi hadn't lost very much and Mio had some loses in the regular season (including against Tenshi). An anti-Tenshi band would setup for Mio to win (or at least that seems to be what has happened in the past when it comes to Shana).
Old 2011-04-05, 06:16   Link #948
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

I just don't know what to think... I am afraid that many of the results this year will be in that classification of "heart-breakers".

I.e. the results will not be the outcome I desire but close enough to tease me and give me hope... a la all of last year's event.
Old 2011-04-05, 08:08   Link #949
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Those results say two things to me. It shows to me that once you win the tiara, your chances of doing it again are next to none. It would be folly to think that there aren't a fair number of people won't vote for Mio this year now that she has won a tiara, because there will be. Kanade has beaten some strong characters thus far, but she's yet to contest it with the core group that will be in the running come Single Elimination. She will be strong, as will all three members of Triple K (Kanade, Kuroneko and Kirino). The big question for me is has Mikoto actually gained strength since last year's runner up result? Winning that group with so many big names suggests that she just may pull it off. Kanade's claim to the tiara is not iron-clad.

I was stoked to see C.C. win her group. I know the bigger names will smash her, but clearly she still has support. For her to still be around in ISML when she's been there every year while plenty of others have fallen out for good says something about her fanbase. It isn't the biggest but it's resilient and loyal. The eventual release of the prequel could see her participate for a few years yet.

I guess the fall that stunned me the most was of the Clannad characters. Split vote issue or have Tomoyo and Kyou really lost enough relative support to not be in the 16 this year?
Old 2011-04-05, 10:10   Link #950
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

ARENA 01: Misaka Mikoto [Tachibana Kanade] [Hirasawa Yui] Senjōgahara Hitagi C.C.
ARENA 02: [Nakano Azusa] [Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko)] Nakamura Yuri Sengoku Nadeko Kuroi Mato
ARENA 03: Shana Eucliwood Hellscythe Saber Holo Louise Valličre
ARENA 04: [Akiyama Mio] [Charlotte Dunois] Kasugano Sora Sanzen'in Nagi Fate Testarossa
ARENA 05: [Katsura Hinagiku] [Kōsaka Kirino] Nymph Shiina Mafuyu Konjiki no Yami
ARENA 06: [Aisaka Taiga] [Yui] Sakagami Tomoyo Haruna Seraphim
ARENA 07: [Nagato Yuki] [Hiiragi Kagami] Huang Lingyin Kotobuki Tsumugi Laura Bodewig
ARENA 08: Victorique de Blois Last Order [Fujibayashi Kyō] [Index L. Prohibitorum] Shirai Kuroko
ARENA 09: Suzumiya Haruhi [Tōsaka Rin] Asahina Mikuru [Hirasawa Ui] Iwasawa Asami
ARENA 10: [Izumi Konata] Shinonono Hōki [Furukawa Nagisa] Aragaki Ayase Shiina
Old 2011-04-05, 10:26   Link #951
Team Rocket Elite

Spoiler for Votes:
Old 2011-04-05, 10:33   Link #952
hinakatbklyn

ARENA 01: [Misaka Mikoto] Tachibana Kanade [Hirasawa Yui] Senjōgahara Hitagi C.C.
ARENA 02: [Nakano Azusa] [Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko)] Nakamura Yuri Sengoku Nadeko Kuroi Mato
ARENA 03: Shana [Eucliwood Hellscythe] Saber [Holo] Louise Valličre
ARENA 04: Akiyama Mio Charlotte Dunois Kasugano Sora [Sanzen'in Nagi] [Fate Testarossa]
ARENA 05: [Katsura Hinagiku] Kōsaka Kirino Nymph Shiina Mafuyu [Konjiki no Yami]
ARENA 06: Aisaka Taiga [Yui] Sakagami Tomoyo [Haruna] Seraphim
ARENA 07: Nagato Yuki [Hiiragi Kagami] [Huang Lingyin] Kotobuki Tsumugi Laura Bodewig
ARENA 08: Victorique de Blois [Last Order] [Fujibayashi Kyō] Index L. Prohibitorum Shirai Kuroko
ARENA 09: [Suzumiya Haruhi] [Tōsaka Rin] Asahina Mikuru Hirasawa Ui Iwasawa Asami
ARENA 10: Izumi Konata [Shinonono Hōki] [Furukawa Nagisa] Aragaki Ayase Shiina

(1) Win, lose or draw, If Mikoto does well against Kanade, she should be OK later on.
(2) (4) Left out a few favorites including Charlotte, Nadeko and maybe even Kuroi Mato
(3) No major favorites in this group.
The other groups were easy.
Old 2011-04-05, 10:41   Link #953
wontaek

Kanade vs Hitagi, that should have been the KBM 2010 final, had I not given up on Hitagi.

ARENA 01: 미사카 미코토 [타치바나 카나데 (천사)] 히라사와 유이 [센죠가하라 히타기] C.C.
ARENA 02: 나카노 아즈사 [고코우 루리 (쿠로네코)] [나카무라 유리] 센고쿠 나데코 쿠로이 마토
ARENA 03: 샤나 유클리우드 헬사이즈 [세이버] [호로] 루이즈 프랑소아 르 블랑 드 라 발리에르
ARENA 04: 아키야마 미오 [샤를로테 뒤누아] [카스가노 소라] 산젠인 나기 페이트 테스타로사
ARENA 05: [카츠라 히나기쿠] 코우사카 키리노 님프 시이나 마후유 [금색 어둠]
ARENA 06: [아이사카 타이가] 유이 [사카가미 토모요] 하루나 세라핌
ARENA 07: 나가토 유키 [히이라기 카가미] 팡 링잉 [코토부키 츠무기] 라우라 보데비히
ARENA 08: [빅토리카 드 블루아] 라스트 오더 [후지바야시 쿄우] 인덱스 시라이 쿠로코
ARENA 09: 스즈미야 하루히 [토오사카 린] 아사히나 미쿠루 히라사와 우이 [이와사와 아사미]
ARENA 10: [이즈미 코나타] 시노노노 호우키 후루카와 나기사 [아라가키 아야세] 시이나

So, can Kanade prevail against 2011 DE qualifiers like Mikoto, Yui, and Hitagi? I also realize that C.C. also was in DE in 2008.
Old 2011-04-05, 10:45   Link #954
chaosprophet

ARENA 01: Misaka Mikoto Tachibana Kanade [Hirasawa Yui] Senjōgahara Hitagi [C.C.]
ARENA 02: [Nakano Azusa] Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko) Nakamura Yuri [Sengoku Nadeko] Kuroi Mato
ARENA 03: [Shana] Eucliwood Hellscythe Saber Holo [Louise Valličre]
ARENA 04: Akiyama Mio Charlotte Dunois Kasugano Sora [Sanzen'in Nagi] [Fate Testarossa]
ARENA 05: Katsura Hinagiku [Kōsaka Kirino] Nymph Shiina Mafuyu [Konjiki no Yami]
ARENA 06: [Aisaka Taiga] Yui [Sakagami Tomoyo] Haruna Seraphim
ARENA 07: [Nagato Yuki] Hiiragi Kagami Huang Lingyin Kotobuki Tsumugi [Laura Bodewig]
ARENA 08: [Victorique de Blois] Last Order Fujibayashi Kyō Index L. Prohibitorum [Shirai Kuroko]
ARENA 09: [Suzumiya Haruhi] [Tōsaka Rin] Asahina Mikuru Hirasawa Ui Iwasawa Asami
ARENA 10: [Izumi Konata] Shinonono Hōki Furukawa Nagisa [Aragaki Ayase] Shiina
Old 2011-04-05, 10:48   Link #955
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

ARENA 01: Misaka Mikoto [Tachibana Kanade] Hirasawa Yui Senjōgahara Hitagi [C.C.]
ARENA 02: Nakano Azusa Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko) Nakamura Yuri Sengoku Nadeko [Kuroi Mato]
ARENA 03: Shana Eucliwood Hellscythe Saber Holo Louise Valličre
ARENA 04: Akiyama Mio Charlotte Dunois Kasugano Sora Sanzen'in Nagi Fate Testarossa
ARENA 05: Katsura Hinagiku Kōsaka Kirino Nymph [Shiina Mafuyu] Konjiki no Yami
ARENA 06: Aisaka Taiga [Yui] Sakagami Tomoyo Haruna Seraphim
ARENA 07: Nagato Yuki [Hiiragi Kagami] Huang Lingyin [Kotobuki Tsumugi] Laura Bodewig
ARENA 08: [Victorique de Blois] Last Order [Fujibayashi Kyō] Index L. Prohibitorum Shirai Kuroko
ARENA 09: Suzumiya Haruhi Tōsaka Rin Asahina Mikuru Hirasawa Ui [Iwasawa Asami]
ARENA 10: [Izumi Konata] Shinonono Hōki Furukawa Nagisa Aragaki Ayase [Shiina]
Old 2011-04-05, 10:58   Link #956
pirs
Yuki.N is love~

Where can I see the results? Anyway...

ARENA 01: Misaka Mikoto [Tachibana Kanade] Hirasawa Yui [Senjōgahara Hitagi] C.C.
ARENA 02: [Nakano Azusa] Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko) Nakamura Yuri [Sengoku Nadeko] Kuroi Mato
ARENA 03: [Shana] Eucliwood Hellscythe Saber [Holo] Louise Valličre
ARENA 04: [Akiyama Mio] Charlotte Dunois Kasugano Sora [Sanzen'in Nagi] Fate Testarossa
ARENA 05: [Katsura Hinagiku] [Kōsaka Kirino] Nymph Shiina Mafuyu Konjiki no Yami
ARENA 06: [Aisaka Taiga] Yui [Sakagami Tomoyo] Haruna Seraphim
ARENA 07: [Nagato Yuki] [Hiiragi Kagami] Huang Lingyin Kotobuki Tsumugi Laura Bodewig
ARENA 08: [Victorique de Blois] Last Order [Fujibayashi Kyō] Index L. Prohibitorum Shirai Kuroko
ARENA 10: [Izumi Konata] Shinonono Hōki Furukawa Nagisa Aragaki Ayase [Shiina]

Much easier choices than yesterday...
Old 2011-04-05, 11:07   Link #957
Umiko
Open fire!

ARENA 01: [Misaka Mikoto] Tachibana Kanade [Hirasawa Yui] Senjōgahara Hitagi C.C.
ARENA 02: Nakano Azusa [Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko)] [Nakamura Yuri] Sengoku Nadeko Kuroi Mato
ARENA 04: [Akiyama Mio] Charlotte Dunois Kasugano Sora Sanzen'in Nagi [Fate Testarossa]
ARENA 05: Katsura Hinagiku Kōsaka Kirino [Nymph] Shiina Mafuyu [Konjiki no Yami]
ARENA 06: [Aisaka Taiga] Yui Sakagami Tomoyo [Haruna] Seraphim
ARENA 07: [Nagato Yuki] Hiiragi Kagami [Huang Lingyin] Kotobuki Tsumugi Laura Bodewig
ARENA 08: Victorique de Blois Last Order [Fujibayashi Kyō] [Index L. Prohibitorum] Shirai Kuroko
ARENA 09: [Suzumiya Haruhi] Tōsaka Rin Asahina Mikuru [Hirasawa Ui] Iwasawa Asami
ARENA 10: [Izumi Konata] Shinonono Hōki [Furukawa Nagisa] Aragaki Ayase Shiina
Old 2011-04-05, 11:23   Link #958
exec

ARENA 01: [Misaka Mikoto] [Tachibana Kanade] Hirasawa Yui Senjōgahara Hitagi C.C.
ARENA 02: Nakano Azusa [Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko)] [Nakamura Yuri] Sengoku Nadeko Kuroi Mato
ARENA 04: Akiyama Mio [Charlotte Dunois] [Kasugano Sora] Sanzen'in Nagi Fate Testarossa
ARENA 05: Katsura Hinagiku [Kōsaka Kirino] Nymph [Shiina Mafuyu] Konjiki no Yami
ARENA 06: [Aisaka Taiga] Yui Sakagami Tomoyo [Haruna] Seraphim
ARENA 07: [Nagato Yuki] Hiiragi Kagami Huang Lingyin Kotobuki Tsumugi [Laura Bodewig]
ARENA 08: [Victorique de Blois] [Last Order] Fujibayashi Kyō Index L. Prohibitorum Shirai Kuroko
ARENA 09: [Suzumiya Haruhi] Tōsaka Rin Asahina Mikuru [Hirasawa Ui] Iwasawa Asami
ARENA 10: [Izumi Konata] [Shinonono Hōki] Furukawa Nagisa Aragaki Ayase Shiina
Old 2011-04-05, 11:32   Link #959
Darth Atma
Rookie Member

Seeding Day 2

Spoiler for My vote:

Today is quite easy enough to decide, except Arena 7, cannot decide which one to keep between Ling and Laura.
Old 2011-04-05, 11:52   Link #960
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Not going to hold my breath on the prospect of those getting my votes, but meh, I'm loyal.

ARENA 01: [Misaka Mikoto] Tachibana Kanade Hirasawa Yui Senjōgahara Hitagi [C.C.]
ARENA 03: Shana Eucliwood Hellscythe [Saber] [Holo] Louise Valličre
ARENA 04: Akiyama Mio [Charlotte Dunois] Kasugano Sora Sanzen'in Nagi [Fate Testarossa]
ARENA 06: Aisaka Taiga Yui [Sakagami Tomoyo] Haruna Seraphim
ARENA 07: Nagato Yuki Hiiragi Kagami Huang Lingyin Kotobuki Tsumugi Laura Bodewig
ARENA 08: Victorique de Blois Last Order [Fujibayashi Kyō] Index L. Prohibitorum Shirai Kuroko
ARENA 10: Izumi Konata Shinonono Hōki Furukawa Nagisa [Aragaki Ayase] Shiina

Tags
contest, isml, saimoe, tournament