AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Old 2011-10-05, 23:13   Link #541
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
The first episode the there way to may character to keep track off
relax, there are still a lot of chara as you can see on the ending credit, momotarou's post, and Allen' post that haven't make appearance yet~

Quote:
Now, can someone tell me whether or not Naomasa is important at all? She didn't seem to get much more than a crate falling from the sky in the way of character introductions. I mean, at least the Indian guy said something.

"Curry! It's hot!"

So, really. I take a liking to her, so I'd be a little disappointed if she weren't in any way a worthwhile character.
I think you should ask Allen for that answer/spoiler in Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon [Light Novel]
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 23:17   Link #542
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
Does anyone hear carefully voice of Makiko-sensei yet? Due my friend said he hear Makiko-sensei voice is Sawashiro Miyuk, not Shiraishi Ryoko :/ .
nope, Miyuki's one of my fave seiyuu and sensei's voice is definitely not her

although yes, Miyuki has a role in this anime (important one I believe) as Masazumi Honda (the girl that fainted in the near end of episode 1)

and IMO, sensei's voice is much more similar to Kanae Ito (Ruiko Saten from Toaru Kagaku no Railgun or Wakana Ito from Sacred Seven)

I'm a little bit suprised when I found out that Ryoko Shiraishi is the CV instead of Kanae Ito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Btw, when I was watching the promo, I always had an impression that the ninja dude is actually a girl based on this scene :
He (ninja) was voiced by Daisuke Ono with his deep and bass-y voice, so I highly doubt that he is actually a 'she'
she might be his lover or sister perhaps, but wait a sec, it's not entirely impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Now, can someone tell me whether or not Naomasa is important at all? She didn't seem to get much more than a crate falling from the sky in the way of character introductions. I mean, at least the Indian guy said something.

"Curry! It's hot!"

So, really. I take a liking to her, so I'd be a little disappointed if she weren't in any way a worthwhile character.
I think the only reason that she was left behind is because from the PV and OP, we knows that she controlled some kinds of giant (mecha?) things...

And it would be too confusing and messy if they have to animate a giant robot chasing a teacher in the middle of the city

Last edited by articuzwolf; 2011-10-05 at 23:53. Reason: mistakes mistakes mistakes, wtf
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 23:46   Link #543
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Now I am patiently waiting for this lovely loli, which appeared briefly at the beginning of 1st ep

hoo? nice design!
but I think I prefer her design in the anime. can't wait to see more of her appearance.
Old 2011-10-05, 23:48   Link #544
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post

"Curry! It's hot!"
Speaking out which, is Hassan really going to fight with curry ? What did he think he was going to achieve when he attacked Sensei ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 23:50   Link #545
Asuras
Dictadere~!

What I'd like to ask is what the author thought when he created him. Not only does he further the stereotype that the Japanese so frequently take to extremes, but he just seems like one of those "pointless" characters. Including succubus man and the freaking blob (who is cool, actually, whatevs ).
Old 2011-10-05, 23:54   Link #546
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Speaking out which, is Hassan really going to fight with curry ? What did he think he was going to achieve when he attacked Sensei ?
I'm pretty sure his only purpose is to let some select western anime bloggers express faux outrage over racial insensitivities, because we all know Japanese society gives a hoot about racial stereotypes.

Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 00:16   Link #547
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Two girls with biggest racks in the show? You're in for something incredible there .

But can't say I am not guilty about that.
I like the yuri Dizzy couple, too.
I assure you, my infatuation with those two girls aren't as big as I'm making it out to be XD. Clearly they both had a lot boing I mean going for them with the amount of screen time they had, further fueling my desires

I could have a change of heart mid season. For example, I just saw this:

(I know I'm late) But seriously, it's not wrong for me to look forward to scenes like that, right? Tell me I'm mentally healthy

And yeah another Dizzy fan

Quote:
Btw, when I was watching the promo, I always had an impression that the ninja dude is actually a girl based on this scene :
This promo you speak of, you mind pointing me to it? (via PM if it proves unsightly to the rules)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Makiko Oriotori.

And, yes, while I liked the "sensei", I doubt she'll be a major character seeing as she's not one of the students.
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I think they mentioned it.
Of course, it was probably also in the credits too.
And something helpful to understand all of the characters is to visit the official website's character page. It as all of the students and some of the other characters that appeared in the first episode. (Wonder if they plan to update it as the many new characters that briefly showed up get properly introduced...)

"Oriotorai" Makiko, by the way.
Thanks a bunch. Maki-chan

I briefly visited the site, but that was on my phone and it didn't like it. Hmm... the main site. Well if I can't take it anymore I guess I'll go back.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 00:16   Link #548
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
and IMO, sensei's voice is much more similar to Kanae Ito (Ruiko Saten from Toaru Kagaku no Railgun or Wakana Ito from Sacred Seven)
No, no, even though it's your opinion, I still have to comment that Itou Kanae (even in the role of Saten or Wakana) doesn't really sound like that. (I can always call up Itou's voice in my mind by imagining Fumino )

Shiraishi Ryouko is actually using her normal speaking / narrating voice. Search youtube videos (白石涼子) and you will find that she sounds exactly the same in her normal voice as in Horizon.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 00:19   Link #549
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
your friend is dead wrong. Shiraishi Ryouko is 'my generation's' seiyuu, and I don't even need to look at the cast list to identify her.
As Mahoraba's (EN) biggest fan, it's no wonder why I recognized her right away. She truly left a mark on me
Old 2011-10-06, 00:28   Link #550
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Two girls with biggest racks in the show? You're in for something incredible there .

But can't say I am not guilty about that.
I like the yuri Dizzy couple, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I assure you, my infatuation with those two girls aren't as big as I'm making it out to be XD. Clearly they both had a lot boing I mean going for them with the amount of screen time they had, further fueling my desires

I could have a change of heart mid season. For example, I just saw this:

(I know I'm late) But seriously, it's not wrong for me to look forward to scenes like that, right? Tell me I'm mentally healthy

And yeah another Dizzy fan
Well unlike Mangatron, I kind of balanced out the bust sizes of the girls that caught my eye.

Spoiler for Asama Tomo:Koshimizu Ami:

Spoiler for Neito Mitotsudaira:Inoue Marina:

Spoiler for Aoi Kimi:Saitou Chiwa:

Spoiler for Heidi Augesavarer:Naduka Kaori:

I like Kimi more for her sharp tongue and haughty laugh than her other attributes And these are only the ones we know about There's still that other blue lancer girl with a ponytail (I think)

The Winged-Girls are cute enough I guess but they are... No, nvm, I'll get into trouble for saying
Old 2011-10-06, 00:42   Link #551
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
There's still that other blue lancer girl with a ponytail (I think)
Did you mean Honda Futayo? currently she's my fav in chara design among the girls
Old 2011-10-06, 00:45   Link #552
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
Did you mean Honda Futayo? currently she's my fav in chara design among the girls
Yeah, don't know where she stands in the story yet though... And there's the Antlers Lady that's related to her...
Old 2011-10-06, 01:02   Link #553
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
hoo? nice design!
but I think I prefer her design in the anime. can't wait to see more of her appearance.
They look the same to me, though. Just different angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
This promo you speak of, you mind pointing me to it? (via PM if it proves unsightly to the rules)
Nevermind, that scene was from the OP, I remembered it wrongly. He didn't appear in the promotion PV.

Quote:
I like her, too. Seem like she put all her weight into her hair instead of the busts as other girls .
Old 2011-10-06, 02:08   Link #554
mangatron

Ah, now my avatar has more life in it

Quote:
Well unlike Mangatron, I kind of balanced out the bust sizes of the girls that caught my eye.
Hey, I said I like all the girls in bodysuits, surely that includes the not so well endowed ones

Quote:
I have to say it again because it is worth repeating:

THAT HAIR.

Quote:
I like Kimi more for her sharp tongue and haughty laugh than her other attributes And these are only the ones we know about There's still that other blue lancer girl with a ponytail (I think)
Oh I love Kimi's mouth that's for sure. But that's probably my masochist side speaking so never mind....

Sane question: How does a girl like her put that many ribbons on her hair?
Old 2011-10-06, 04:58   Link #555
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:

Spoiler for Asama Tomo:Koshimizu Ami:
stuopidget mentioned once about Asama being a character with the biggest racks on the team and I think this justify that fact

Spoiler for kinda NSFW:

and I realized that there were huge amount of breast size reductions from LN version to anime version

and yet it's still too big for some people
Old 2011-10-06, 05:34   Link #556
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

You know this is going overboard, so I'm glad they decided to do some breast size reduction

Btw, this was posted in the light novel thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0d_sl4yer View Post
Translated relationship chart, I hope no one's posted this before
Spoiler for Chart:

This got my seal of approval.
Old 2011-10-06, 06:51   Link #557
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
stuopidget mentioned once about Asama being a character with the biggest racks on the team and I think this justify that fact

Spoiler for kinda NSFW:

and I realized that there were huge amount of breast size reductions from LN version to anime version

and yet it's still too big for some people
So............ her big ones are in the middle of nowhere? *runs*

That's not a swimsuit there, no siree. That's body paint, because there's no way that tiny thing can support those big ones!

Quote:
You know this is going overboard, so I'm glad they decided to do some breast size reduction

Whoa hey what the heck are you trying to give me nightmares!?? That's too big!

I'm going to flat out admit it right here, Sensei is the perfect size, my avatar is for laughs, and flat is.... never mind the point is i may be having a Hard time sleeping tonight....

Quote:

This got my seal of approval.
When darkwing girl grabbed lightwing girl's arm, that wasn't apparent? Only a girl in love grabs the arm of their lover that way

But yeah I guess what you needed was solid evidence
Old 2011-10-06, 08:52   Link #558
K3cT
Arcadia of My Youth

Send a message via MSN to K3cT
I have just watched the pilot and I didn't even know that Sunrise is capable of stooping this low. This looks like another fantastic failure in the making in lieu of Dragonaut.
K3cT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 09:01   Link #559
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:

Btw, this was posted in the light novel thread:
My god, they're bigger than her freakin' head... o__O

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3cT View Post
I have just watched the pilot and I didn't even know that Sunrise is capable of stooping this low. This looks like another fantastic failure in the making in lieu of Dragonaut.
That's your opinion, though I personally thought Horizon started out pretty well. And if we're gauging in terms with respect to a failure like Dragonaut, if nothing else the animation is quite a bit superior.

Looking forward to how the rest will turn out.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 10:18   Link #560
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I'm kinda confuse of the series settings. Does this series takes place on Earth in the past or another dimension? And what was the war that the narrator at the end mentioned?

Can someone give me an easy explanation? Thanks.

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise