AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

View Poll Results: Tales of the Abyss - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 6 30.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 30.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 15.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 5.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-10, 12:40   Link #21
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i thought i saw chrona from soul eater...
Old 2008-12-10, 14:44   Link #22
vspirit
...huh?

Now why in the world would you think that? Chrona's a creepy weirdo, the only creepy weirdo in TotA would be Sa............

Oh. Oh.

I see.

Last edited by vspirit; 2008-12-10 at 15:40.
Old 2008-12-10, 20:54   Link #23
bloodyknight

Be warned, Tales of the Abyss is not a crossover anime... I repeat... Tales of the Abyss is not a crossover anime... You have been warned!!!
Old 2008-12-10, 21:18   Link #24
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

I just saw the episode and it was great seeing Jade's past. Although the end dialogue I felt missed a tiny bit from the game version.

Spoiler for game version of the dialogue:

Either way another enjoyable episode.
Old 2008-12-11, 03:41   Link #25
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
I just saw the episode and it was great seeing Jade's past. Although the end dialogue I felt missed a tiny bit from the game version.

Spoiler for game version of the dialogue:
It was in the episode. Just not out of Jade's mouth.

Anyways, I liked this episode. I like how the anime really brings out more of our beloved characters. Even for those who played the game, the anime is refreshing enough to stay interesting. My only complaint for this episode was... Tear?! T_T Did she even have any lines?

Minnie's Blog- My thoughts, my stories.
Hey, Say, Anime!- My anime blog with a group of writers.
Old 2008-12-11, 09:18   Link #26
Loc
curious

Although i hated Luke before, now he is pissing me of even more. But not in a way, that makes him interesting. He is just colorless, accepting all that crap around him. I hope, that changes sometime soon.
Old 2008-12-11, 10:55   Link #27
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc View Post
Although i hated Luke before, now he is pissing me of even more. But not in a way, that makes him interesting. He is just colorless, accepting all that crap around him. I hope, that changes sometime soon.
He is a making an effort Rome was not built in a day. I think we have to give him time to change gradually. I actually thought he was pretty likable this time around he even has some moments where normally he would get pissed and arrogant but he took some comments very well.
Old 2008-12-12, 12:20   Link #28
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose-wisteria View Post
It was in the episode. Just not out of Jade's mouth.

Anyways, I liked this episode. I like how the anime really brings out more of our beloved characters. Even for those who played the game, the anime is refreshing enough to stay interesting. My only complaint for this episode was... Tear?! T_T Did she even have any lines?
Well personally I thought that the concept of Jade no understanding the importance of life and death was not carried across as clearly but rather they focused on Jade's story being a lesson to Luke about carrying the sins you have committed for as long as you live. Which is not a bad thing at all, just felt weird they left it out as it was just one line.

And Tear will have plenty of time to shine, this is an episode that focused on Jade's past and fomicry. Tear really has no part in anything here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc View Post
Well that is because he accepted the fact that he was in the wrong. He is trying to earn back the trust he lost with the Akzeriuth incident as well as for his childishness. You do not do that by acting as his same arrogant self.

Honestly it is like Luke can't win, people hate him when he is a brat, people still hate him when he changes.
Old 2008-12-15, 11:34   Link #29
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyknight View Post
Really?! I believe that he has gotten too soft... too submissive to his friends now...

Okay, he did make a grave mistake... And I appreciate him getting his act together and start doing the right thing... But I just feel that he shouldn't just strip away his old personality and treat it as though it never existed... That is what I am feeling from him...

Frankly speaking, I miss the old one. At least he is enthusiatic...

I'm just saying...
I'm with you on this one. Even if Ion is the master of the universe and his word law, I just can't stomach such a large change in Luke. With the memory of the king of brats fresh in my mind, his actions now just feel so false.... He needs to shave his head and sit on a mountain top for a few years and contemplate or something like that...
Old 2008-12-15, 20:25   Link #30
bloodyknight

Man, i just can't believe that the young jade would think that he would be able to recreate the professor with just the first attempt...

He may be a genius but he must know that there is little chance that he can make it on the first time. And to think that he will truly revive the professor with the fomicry, he certainly remind me of one Edward Elric.

No matter how clever he is, he is still a naive child, i must say.

Never thought that Dist's childhood would be that of a crybaby... But certainly he is different older now.

Luke has changed. But Anise still kind of wary. One cannot change one's personality that easily, she said... We are about to find out how kind of a man Luke the replica is.
Old 2009-03-09, 10:05   Link #31
GreenLama
Banned

A very good and very revealing episode here, I had no idea Jade's character was going to end up being what he was!! The revelation that he had killed Dr. Nedilium (sp) and that he used Fomicry to bring him back was definatly a plot twist, the story seems to be switching things up on me big time here, i'm loving it. Once again, the show ended with a nice cliffhanger and in epic fasion so I cannot wait to watch episode #12, which I plan on doing a little later on today, I am hoping for some more action soon as the series has been focusing on plot for the time being, so some fight scenes would be great.
Closed Thread