AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-02, 11:04   Link #1081
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Eventually? That's funny, considering he's been himself since he was first introduced, a little too much himself, actually. Him being himself is what led to that disaster known as Tanto, and he's a big part of why Ashirogi has two canceled series now.

I think it's funny how closely he's mimicking Hattori. Hattori tells him something and he repeats it almost verbatim. Hilarious. Considering that, given Hattori's past track record, it'll probably work out for the best, I don't mind one bit.
Eventually as in eventually going back and finding a balance from now. Think of it like this: He's gone to two extremes. First he didn't consider other editor's and even the authors' opinions, but now he's just going along with everything he hears. He has to normalize eventually.
Old 2010-04-02, 12:14   Link #1082
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Good to see the duo going back to their roots, though it didn't work out this time. Not suprised the other guy got in, it would have been weird for them to get serialized again so soon. I hope we'll get a glimpse of True Human next chapter.

And yes, Miura still needs to grow a lot as an editor. But hey, at least he's letting them and Hattori do what they want this time, so I'm fine with it.
Old 2010-04-02, 14:49   Link #1083
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Good to see the duo going back to their roots, though it didn't work out this time. Not suprised the other guy got in, it would have been weird for them to get serialized again so soon. I hope we'll get a glimpse of True Human next chapter.

And yes, Miura still needs to grow a lot as an editor. But hey, at least he's letting them and Hattori do what they want this time, so I'm fine with it.
Hmm, I thought neither of them got in. There were 2 new series from other people.
Old 2010-04-02, 14:51   Link #1084
Somnus
Eh?

Good to see the duo getting back to how things used to be! What a fun chapter.

You know, a thought occurred to me. I'd read manga with romance as one of the main aspects (not shoujo stuff) and had always wanted a main couple to get married midway, but usually had to settle with it in the epilogue (if any). Then this one comes along, pulls it off like it's nothing and keeps going strong...well, they weren't THE main couple though, but they're close enough.

Where was I going with this? Oh yeah, Kaya and Takagi rock. This manga rocks too.
Old 2010-04-02, 15:59   Link #1085
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Hmm, I thought neither of them got in. There were 2 new series from other people.
Nope, True Human got in, the editor clearly says it.
Old 2010-04-09, 10:24   Link #1086
Nosauz

Pretty good chapter, although the use everything you learned line was so cheesy. I seriously hope that takagi won't be so bent out of shape like tanto, for some reason he just seems so fragile.
Old 2010-04-09, 12:02   Link #1087
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Miura:Iunno why they should do fantasy, guess I'll just have to trust Hattori...
Mashiro: We'll just have to trust you, Miura.
Miura:....yeah, trust me!

-jumps out of the window-
Old 2010-04-09, 12:16   Link #1088
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for page 81:
Old 2010-04-09, 12:19   Link #1089
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Miura:Iunno why they should do fantasy, guess I'll just have to trust Hattori...

I facepalmed at this. Oh come on, Miura...
I can't wait to see Hattori and Iwase's next metting now that he's told her to try and persuade him. I can see her coming in a pretty nice outfit.

So what kind of manga do you think Ashirogi will make now? Other than the obvious "Bakuman".

About the cancel card... it hasn't been brought up in so long I'm not sure if we'll ever see it.
Old 2010-04-09, 12:26   Link #1090
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Spoiler for page 81:
Spoiler for page 81:

Quote:
I facepalmed at this. Oh come on, Miura...
I can't wait to see Hattori and Iwase's next metting now that he's told her to try and persuade him. I can see her coming in a pretty nice outfit.

So what kind of manga do you think Ashirogi will make now? Other than the obvious "Bakuman".

About the cancel card... it hasn't been brought up in so long I'm not sure if we'll ever see it.
So incorporating everything... will be a slightly non-mainstream (a little dark) fantasy battle manga tempered with sprinklings of comedy. Fullmetal Alchemist comes to mind.

The cancel card has to happen at some point. It's one of the first things we know about Eiji when we see his first entrance into the story, so everyone keeps that in mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chekhov...ciple_of_drama
Old 2010-04-09, 12:53   Link #1091
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

Wait, is this Bakuman, or is it The Karate Kid?
Old 2010-04-09, 15:59   Link #1092
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:

Basically the whole premise of the series is "Hattori knows best" - at least until now. He always seems to know how things will turn out - almost like an evil genius. I have to say - it's getting a bit old now.

Other than that, I was thrilled that they would try a fantasy adventure series, especially when Miura said "Think One Piece (my favorite manga BTW)" but the idea they came up with was really really lame - throwing a sword into a volcano - let's see where have I seen this before. It seems like Takagi just went with the first idea that came into his head.

I really hope this whole convoluted plan works out and they come up with something epic next time - something on the level of Death Note - both mainstream and unique enough.
Old 2010-04-09, 16:20   Link #1093
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Fantasy manga are very easy to conjure up, because everyone's had experience in one way or another (games, books, movies, you name it). The risk lies in the lack of originality and the high chances of plagiarism (since it's a very common manga theme). Anyway, the juice of this chapter was that, their two previous projects were just a warm-up for this final one, which will be the one that counts. Rewind the plot two chapters back and we're at the same situation, except now they have to come up with something by themselves, which makes it interesting...

P.S: Iwase is the dream girl of every old man
Old 2010-04-09, 17:57   Link #1094
babohtea

Quote:
Fantasy manga are very easy to conjure up, because everyone's had experience in one way or another (games, books, movies, you name it). The risk lies in the lack of originality and the high chances of plagiarism (since it's a very common manga theme). Anyway, the juice of this chapter was that, their two previous projects were just a warm-up for this final one, which will be the one that counts. Rewind the plot two chapters back and we're at the same situation, except now they have to come up with something by themselves, which makes it interesting...

P.S: Iwase is the dream girl of every old man
I can't imagine living with her. Her personality seems so hard to get along with. She's attractive, but unless we are very shallow old men.. nevermind.
Old 2010-04-09, 22:37   Link #1095
Flame-X
Anti-fan

Wow I finally caught up to the latest chapter. I have to say, my favorite string of chapters is 64-66 with the whole relationship problems the 2 main characters are having with their girlfriends. It was hilariously complicated when Aoki was involved along with so much priceless facial expressions. Couldn't stop cracking up. I just love how the drama they're trying to interpret doesn't look serious at all. XD

I get some weird feeling Azuki's gonna die before her's and Saiko's dream come true. That's just my bullshit prediction. Otherwise I'm really enjoying this manga.
Old 2010-04-16, 01:33   Link #1096
USCPharmacist

NO ONE DIE IN JUMP...hehe j/k
Old 2010-04-16, 09:28   Link #1097
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

cliffhangers are killing me
throw me to the future please

Old 2010-04-16, 11:45   Link #1098
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

More Otters 11 and Hiramaru, awesome ! I see his editor still has him wrapped around his finger

Curious to see what's inside that postcard from Hattori. Which year is it in the Bakuman verse now? The postcard is from 2013. I guess it's fairly recent.
Old 2010-04-16, 12:28   Link #1099
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

To write successful manga, you need...

Spoiler for ch82:

I laughed while reading that panel. It was perfect.
Old 2010-04-16, 12:52   Link #1100
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Curious to see what's inside that postcard from Hattori.
Maybe it's from a certain someone who has a crush on him.

Tags
manga, shounen