Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-12, 18:59   Link #41
unchecked

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightOfTwo View Post
Better than last week, but that isn't saying much. Tsukishima's ability is a giant hack, but if he gives Byakuya a nice beat down, at least it would spice up the fights a bit.

Though I don't see how Tsukishima knowing what Senbonzakura does is going to make any difference. All Byakuya has to do to win is use his (likely) superior speed. Knowing an ability doesn't count for anything if you can't keep up with your opponent.
do you know what that means? another 5-6 chapters of pointless fighting and no story progression.
Old 2011-10-12, 20:16   Link #42
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Judging Tsukishima's behavior, he's more likely to use Book of the End to turn Byakuya against Ichigo, possibly turning the fight into Ichigo vs Tsukishima + Uryuu + Byakuya + Ginjo.

I think Hououin Kyouma's Fullbringer ability — Reading Steiner — perfectly counters Tsukishima's ability.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2011-10-12 at 20:36.
Old 2011-10-12, 20:50   Link #43
Alchemist007
*Author

Actually, seeing this completely backfire would be awesome, just more enemies vs Ichigo
Old 2011-10-12, 20:54   Link #44
sayde

I love how Kubo creates these incredibly hax skills and fails to do them any justice at all at the end of the day when it counts. First it was Aizen who was defeated after pretending he didn't have a shikai during the final battle. And then it was Yukio and Giriko who had some of the most cheapest abilities I've ever seen in this series. Ultimately Giriko get's blitzed and one-shoted before he could do anything worthwhile and Yukio decides to be a dumbass about how to use his abilities. And now we're down to Tsukishima. Supposing he does somehow survive this whole ordeal with ease, I can only wonder how incredibly lame a defeat Kubo will come up with for him later on after just establishing how powerful his ability really is.

Bleach just isn't very entertaining right now IMO. If it weren't for Naruto to constantly remind me of just how possible it is for a single chapter to suddenly make things exponentially more interesting in an instant, I think I would've stopped following along by now.
Old 2011-10-12, 23:28   Link #45
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Bleach just isn't very entertaining right now IMO. If it weren't for Naruto to constantly remind me of just how possible it is for a single chapter to suddenly make things exponentially more interesting in an instant, I think I would've stopped following along by now.
THIS!

Man this week's Naruto chapter totally blew my mind. Bleach needs another mind-blowing moment sometime soon.
Old 2011-10-13, 00:35   Link #46
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
THIS!

Man this week's Naruto chapter totally blew my mind. Bleach needs another mind-blowing moment sometime soon.
i wouldn't really consider it mind-blowing, just interesting. at least we have more things to talk about other than naruto's messiah complex. it's been a while since naruto peaked my interest like this. but compared to bleach, naruto is way better. sorry kubo, you need to do a whole lot better man!
Old 2011-10-13, 01:34   Link #47
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
I have a question:
Spoiler:

What is that supposed to be? Is it a penis?
This is clearly the most pressing mystery in Bleach right now.
Old 2011-10-13, 01:38   Link #48
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
We may finally have Byakuya vs. Kenpachi! (Unfortunately, that would be too cool for Kubo and his "friendship and teamwork ftw" message)
Byakuya would own Zaraki...really fast

It wouldn't be a good fight. It would be like watching an adult kick a toddler around. Tsumaranai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntherblast View Post
Lol I finally realised something this manga has like no complex background drawings at all. All I see is buildings and rocks and clouds that eventually get destroyed and the dialogue is just short remarks. I can literally read a chapter in this manga within 1minute and take everything in
Long Long Long time ago, Kubo said that backgrounds only serve to tell you where the character is at. He would rather you focus on what the character is doing and feeling. That is also why he makes the page all white whenever there is a "WHAM" event. I for one don't notice the backgrounds are missing until someone brings it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
I have a question:
Spoiler:

What is that supposed to be? Is it a penis?

That wouldn't be the first time he's done that
Spoiler for That's clearly a giant penis *I want to us my onion with the gyrating penis emoticon very badly* :

I think that's a thumb...which is also kind of phallic-ky
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Really? They seem pretty randomly half-assed to me. I can understand inserting itself into the past of inanimate objects. Sure, that makes sense. But only if it's causing an effect to that object. The "I know your sword now" stuff is complete bullshit. If he's inserting himself into the object's past, how does that affect him at all? It's the object's past, not his own. The most he should be able to do is cause the blade damage or put a trap on it like he did the floor.

The only explanation is if he actually inserts himself into the past, and not just the past of what he slices. In which case, Tsukishima defeating Aizen would be canon.

Huh? You just confused the hell out of me....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
But only if it's causing an effect to that object
hah? What does that mean?

... Of course it doesn't affect him (Why would it?)..he's using his powers to affect the object. Ginjou also stated that you can add your own power to the object and turn it into a weapon. That's basically what Facebook is doing. More than likely he can see into your past. He knew things about Chad and Orihime that only a glimpse into their minds could tell him

Makes plenty of sense to me even if I am not really sure what the hell happened

gonna read it again and figure it out

Er...weren't some of you guys praying that these fights were over fast? What changed now that most of them are over fast?

Oh look...Ikkaku just got another uke. He looks pretty bad ass and OMG BYAK-KUN IS HOT AND SMEXY...Oh I want him to stab me with his sword . Oh I wanna feel every inch of it
Quote:
I love how Kubo creates these incredibly hax skills and fails to do them any justice at all at the end of the day when it counts. First it was Aizen who was defeated after pretending he didn't have a shikai during the final battle.
Aizen's Shikai doesn't work on everyone. It failed to work on Renji, so I surmise that it didn't work on Ichigo either. (Personally I think it's because they're too dense)

He's not above using his shikai. He probably tried and it didn't work on Ichigo. That is the reason he could see what everyone else could not (the Captains beating the hell out of Hinamori)
Quote:
If it weren't for Naruto to constantly remind me of just how possible it is for a single chapter to suddenly make things exponentially more interesting in an instant, I think I would've stopped following along by now.
Says you...Naruto is the most boring thing ever and what's up with Kishi reviving all those characters that died. Does anyone actually stay dead?!!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
THIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i wouldn't really consider it mind-blowing, just interesting. at least we have more things to talk about other than naruto's messiah complex. it's been a while since naruto peaked my interest like this. but compared to bleach, naruto is way better. sorry kubo, you need to do a whole lot better man!
I think this is where it comes down to a matter of personal tastes. Because Naruto is so overrated and it's boring. Not as boring as One Piece but boring. At least the characters aren't fugly like OP

They can't hold my attention--Naruto is..well it's just some Ninja's. Ninja's played out in the 80's..at least it did for me. (I prefer Chinese fighters in general so Ninjas aren't really my thing)

The weird thing is ...I find the Naruto Wiki more interesting than the actual manga. I spend hours, sometimes days reading it. Go figure-

It's funny because not to long ago a lot of Naruto fanboys were complaining about how boring it was. It's all a matter of personal tastes. It's just too simple for me...no offense to anyone but it's kinda juvenile in my opinion therefore I can't f-ck with it. Don't even get me started on OP....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

I think Hououin Kyouma's Fullbringer ability — Reading Steiner — perfectly counters Tsukishima's ability.
Who in the hell is that?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unchecked View Post
do you know what that means? another 5-6 chapters of pointless fighting and no story progression.
Character development. He's developing the characters right now and the fights aren't over with--so you can't really say there is no progression

Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2011-10-13 at 02:04.
Old 2011-10-13, 02:21   Link #49
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
It's character from another anime: Steins Gate

El Psy Congroo.

Last edited by Haak; 2011-10-13 at 08:03.
Old 2011-10-13, 04:13   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Character development. He's developing the characters right now and the fights aren't over with--so you can't really say there is no progression
It's hardly character development. We're just seeing these guys doing the same things over and over again with their opponents. That's not character development, it's called being lazy.
Old 2011-10-13, 04:36   Link #51
Kallen4life

post #48 made me shudder
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2011-10-13, 04:43   Link #52
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
I think this is where it comes down to a matter of personal tastes. Because Naruto is so overrated and it's boring. Not as boring as One Piece but boring. At least the characters aren't fugly like OP

They can't hold my attention--Naruto is..well it's just some Ninja's. Ninja's played out in the 80's..at least it did for me. (I prefer Chinese fighters in general so Ninjas aren't really my thing)

The weird thing is ...I find the Naruto Wiki more interesting than the actual manga. I spend hours, sometimes days reading it. Go figure-

It's funny because not to long ago a lot of Naruto fanboys were complaining about how boring it was. It's all a matter of personal tastes. It's just too simple for me...no offense to anyone but it's kinda juvenile in my opinion therefore I can't f-ck with it. Don't even get me started on OP....
to each his own indeed. but i think you're one of the rare few who think that. one piece isn't boring though. it's far from it. i do admit that the current chapter is a bit random but what i really like about oda is that he keeps you guessing and most of the time you don't get your predictions right. that's not boring to me. i used to think his art was ugly too but it takes getting used to. once you get past the art you'd learn to appreciate it more and more. i just think that one piece is misunderstood. people judge it for its quirky art and seemingly silly nature. but the themes are far heavier than most manga series. you really have to read it and i mean really read it without judging it for you to see its true value.

as for naruto, kishi is not the best writer but he makes you think at least. most people think it's for kids because of how the author draws his characters but it's not. it's far darker. the ninja theme is a bit overrated, i know. but in fairness to kishi he built a world that's quite original. and he created complex techniques and some classic fight scenes. naruto is not as good as it used to be but it's hanging in there. bleach, i'm not too sure. it used to be good, at least i thought so. now, not so much. i used to like it for its design and badass-looking characters. but what really drew me into this series is the shinigami. i thought they were unique and interesting. i liked how similar they are to the samurai, their zanpakutou and their culture. unfortunately, kubo couldn't quite exploit its potential. maybe for you it's still the most kickass manga series in existence but for some, especially for fans who used to really care about the series, it's disappointing. i just continue to read it out of habit. pathetic reason but that's my reason.
Old 2011-10-13, 04:50   Link #53
toriko

Quote:
Byakuya would own Zaraki...really fast

It wouldn't be a good fight. It would be like watching an adult kick a toddler around. Tsumaranai.

Long Long Long time ago, Kubo said that backgrounds only serve to tell you where the character is at. He would rather you focus on what the character is doing and feeling. That is also why he makes the page all white whenever there is a "WHAM" event. I for one don't notice the backgrounds are missing until someone brings it up

Spoiler for That's clearly a giant penis *I want to us my onion with the gyrating penis emoticon very badly* :

I think that's a thumb...which is also kind of phallic-ky

Huh? You just confused the hell out of me....

hah? What does that mean?

... Of course it doesn't affect him (Why would it?)..he's using his powers to affect the object. Ginjou also stated that you can add your own power to the object and turn it into a weapon. That's basically what Facebook is doing. More than likely he can see into your past. He knew things about Chad and Orihime that only a glimpse into their minds could tell him

Makes plenty of sense to me even if I am not really sure what the hell happened

gonna read it again and figure it out

Er...weren't some of you guys praying that these fights were over fast? What changed now that most of them are over fast?

Oh look...Ikkaku just got another uke. He looks pretty bad ass and OMG BYAK-KUN IS HOT AND SMEXY...Oh I want him to stab me with his sword . Oh I wanna feel every inch of it

Aizen's Shikai doesn't work on everyone. It failed to work on Renji, so I surmise that it didn't work on Ichigo either. (Personally I think it's because they're too dense)

He's not above using his shikai. He probably tried and it didn't work on Ichigo. That is the reason he could see what everyone else could not (the Captains beating the hell out of Hinamori)

Says you...Naruto is the most boring thing ever and what's up with Kishi reviving all those characters that died. Does anyone actually stay dead?!!?!?

Bleach is the shittiest manga ever,i dont know how can someone crap like bleach with one piece
Old 2011-10-13, 04:56   Link #54
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by toriko View Post
Bleach is the shittiest manga ever,i dont know how can someone crap like bleach with one piece
hey, it's his opinion. that's why LOP is unique. LOP...hmmm... it could mean Lord of One Piece? just kidding!
Old 2011-10-13, 05:55   Link #55
sayde

Quote:
Aizen's Shikai doesn't work on everyone. It failed to work on Renji
Since when did it not work on Renji? It's more like there was never an instance where we had to see illusions be used on Renji to begin with.

Quote:
so I surmise that it didn't work on Ichigo either. (Personally I think it's because they're too dense)
Kubo never mentioned anything about KS not working on dense people. But hey, if that's the assumption you want to go with, then far be it for me to stop you. However, it's not an opinion I can share so easily.

Quote:
He's not above using his shikai. He probably tried and it didn't work on Ichigo.
"Probably"? Unfortunately, "probably" doesn't mean he definitely attempted for sure. There's really nothing to remotely suggest he tried using it on Ichigo at all. (ie: No inner thought monologues of shock and/or surprise at it not working)

Quote:
Says you...
Obviously. I never implied for my opinion to be anything more than my own.

Quote:
Naruto is the most boring thing ever
Apparently I'm not the only one who disagrees.

Quote:
and what's up with Kishi reviving all those characters that died. Does anyone actually stay dead?!!?!?
Why yes...yes there are many characters who are staying dead--good guys no less. Can't really say that about Bleach.

Quote:
I think this is where it comes down to a matter of personal tastes.
Really!?
Old 2011-10-13, 09:26   Link #56
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
I actually agree with that. It'd be different if Bleach was set in exotic locations, where the backgrounds would be needed to convey the setting but most of the current story takes place in a small suburban town so the backgrounds don't provide much potential for eye candy.

In the Soul Society arc, I think the backgrounds were more detailed, at least to the point where the feudal-Japan look came across pretty clearly. But making Hueco Mundo a desert (and Las Noches mostly empty rooms) was a cop-out. The desert is the type of home I'd expect for creatures like hollows, but I have little doubt that decision was at least partly made to avoid having to draw backgrounds. A part of the HM arc that was cut (but added to the anime) was set in a forest, and I've suspected that maybe Kubo felt drawing a detailed forest would be too time consuming.

Quote:
And let's not forget the infamous title of chapter 277

Spoiler:

Quote:
I love how Kubo creates these incredibly hax skills and fails to do them any justice at all at the end of the day when it counts. First it was Aizen who was defeated after pretending he didn't have a shikai during the final battle. And then it was Yukio and Giriko who had some of the most cheapest abilities I've ever seen in this series. Ultimately Giriko get's blitzed and one-shoted before he could do anything worthwhile and Yukio decides to be a dumbass about how to use his abilities. And now we're down to Tsukishima. Supposing he does somehow survive this whole ordeal with ease, I can only wonder how incredibly lame a defeat Kubo will come up with for him later on after just establishing how powerful his ability really is.
Yeah, Kubo gives characters powers that are basically limitless and doesn't seem to be able to think of way that they can be reasonably overcome so he just has them lose. Giriko's was ridiculous though. Aizen didn't use his powers against Ichigo, but at least he did use them.

I agree with james though. I do find Tsukishima's powers pretty creative, just that they seem to be always changing. At first it seemed like he just had the power to make people think he was part of their past, now it seems like he actually can insert himself in the past? . He basically has retcon power.

Old 2011-10-13, 14:18   Link #57
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
tsukishima's power reminds me of that one doctor who spoof (with rowan atkinson) where he kept going back in time to set a trap for his nemesis (the master), who also kept going back in time to set a trap for his nemesis (the doctor).

anyway, didn't a similar thing happen with captain yamamoto and wonderweiss, where he sealed the head captains sword and proceeded to have his ass handed to him via hand to hand combat?
you watch doctor who?! you have prgressed 2 lvls of epicness to me.

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2011-10-13, 14:54   Link #58
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Yeah, Kubo gives characters powers that are basically limitless and doesn't seem to be able to think of way that they can be reasonably overcome so he just has them lose. Giriko's was ridiculous though. Aizen didn't use his powers against Ichigo, but at least he did use them.

I agree with james though. I do find Tsukishima's powers pretty creative, just that they seem to be always changing. At first it seemed like he just had the power to make people think he was part of their past, now it seems like he actually can insert himself in the past? . He basically has retcon power.
It's nice to completely agree on something every once in awhile.
Old 2011-10-13, 22:21   Link #59
rei_ayanami17
Agent 0017

so......no more Captain Hitsugaya? *upset*

anyways, i find the chapter interesting.
Tsukishima's ability is really unusual.
While I was reading, the Byakuya vs Renji fight in ss arc comes to my mind. The floor destruction; Byakuya's dialogue: "you can't get near to me." and Tsukishima's dialogue: "i saw that move so many many times" remind me of Renji when he also said "i see that move countless times, that is your favorite technique, Captain Kuchiki."...

So basically, i guess "manipulating the past " concerns all element. Object, people, consciousness, mind, time, history, memory and perhaps even soul, if Tsukishima succeeds to cut Byakuya's sword.........and yeah, it kinda reminded me about the research i read about the whole concept of "time machine".

.....or is it just me?....or Kubo just probably recycling previous fights and plot then again. *shrugs*

Ichimaru Gin
Old 2011-10-14, 05:19   Link #60
Aqua Knight

Quote:

shame on you for not knowing.

I hope someone from SS really gets beaten otherwise even Tsuki and Ginjo power ups were irrelevant.