AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-13, 16:25   Link #141
ChronoReverse

I noticed the difference before it was even brought up and thought that everyone was being remarkably slow in not noticing.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 16:45   Link #142
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
I noticed the difference before it was even brought up and thought that everyone was being remarkably slow in not noticing.
Same here. But a lot of people really didn't notice at all
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 16:52   Link #143
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Hosaka was kind of funny the first time around, then it just gets old and annoying most of the time.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 17:02   Link #144
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
At long last, the best sisters in anime are back! I gotta admit, episode 1 was kind of weak, but this time I cans ay it for sure, Minami-ke is back! I guess I had just forgotten what kind of humor this series works with.
I feel the exact same way I didn't like episode one much or to be really exact I was indifferent about it but the second episode was a huge improvement and I loved it. I think focusing on the wider cast and not just the three sisters in the first episode did the trick.
Old 2013-01-13, 17:14   Link #145
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The pattern has been:

1. Reintroduce the sisters and Kana's classmates.
2. Reintroduce Chiaki's classmates (and the Minami Brothers since they are tied with Touma). Thus also reintroducing the trap and the reverse trap to the series.
3. Reintroduce Haruka's classmates...thus we are likely to see Hosaka again.
Old 2013-01-13, 17:17   Link #146
Excorsism

Fujioka causing flags to pop up on all sides of the road as he tries his best toward his ultimate goal, Kana. Poor guy, .
Old 2013-01-13, 20:22   Link #147
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Did anyone else think Morinaga Rika's performance as Makoto/-chan was quite different from earlier incarnations? A much higher-pitched voice?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 20:23   Link #148
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Becoming more and more girly as time passes.
Old 2013-01-13, 20:37   Link #149
neshru

Watched 10 minutes of the first episode, got turned off immediately. They traded the boredom of the last two seasons for a lame humor that is completely off the mark. Even the character designs are as ugly as they were in the last two seasons.

At this point it appears the only way to get this series done right and bring back the charm of the first season is to bring back the original staff/director. Wonder if that'll ever happen.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 20:50   Link #150
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Watched 10 minutes of the first episode, got turned off immediately. They traded the boredom of the last two seasons for a lame humor that is completely off the mark. Even the character designs are as ugly as they were in the last two seasons.

At this point it appears the only way to get this series done right and bring back the charm of the first season is to bring back the original staff/director. Wonder if that'll ever happen.
If you were wondering whether to watch Tadaima, this person is completely wrong.

For example, you only need to actually open and watch any episode of season 1 and season 2 followed by season 4 to see the character designs are much closer to the first season (wow, season 2 really does look off).
Old 2013-01-13, 21:16   Link #151
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Becoming more and more girly as time passes.
I think over the course of the series Makoto has just become more and more confused. As Kana pointed out in Okaeri, she doesn't even have to do anything anymore -- his crossdressing has just accumulated so much inertia that even though he SAYS that he wants to stop, he's really become so comfortable in doing it that it's like second-nature now.

Which will admittedly make things awkward when that adam's apple of his decides to show up.
Old 2013-01-13, 22:26   Link #152
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Great episode, and with Hitomi finally back for the next one, and Uchida in a maid outfit, it's pretty much guaranteed the next one will keep up the awesomeness.
My two favorite side characters. Too bad Hitomi only appeared like twice within all 3 previous seasons... Seeing Uchida in a maid outift is going to be so super cute. That Halloween costume in the OVA was great but we hardly got to see her in it, she was always in the background... Here's hoping we get to see Hitomi do more of her "eye analyzing" on Natsuki.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 10:33   Link #153
novalysis

Makoto and Touma should swap tips with one another, and have a frank conversation with one another. It might be awesome, if they are truly honest.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 11:44   Link #154
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Makoto and Touma should swap tips with one another, and have a frank conversation with one another. It might be awesome, if they are truly honest.
Touma already knows about Makoto. Unfortunately, it was because Touma was there that when the girly Mako-chan said she's a boy that everyone thought she was just imitating Touma.
Old 2013-01-14, 18:37   Link #155
X207
Gamyūsa

lol, im surprised Kana even counted the times he said that statement. it looks like Mako chan will stay strong along with Touma'scurrent situation. the ep wasnt the funniest but they did get various jokes and puns that were funny enough. i wonder how Chiaki will turn out when she gets older. her inability to notice blue Fujioka was golden, even better when she mistook the real stuffed bear for a stranger.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 19:55   Link #156
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
I wonder how Chiaki will turn out when she gets older.
I think "devil" Chiaki is a good measure of how Chiaki will become once puberty kicks in (in other words, Haruka-level "amazing"). As for her personality though, ah, that's a good question isn't it?
Old 2013-01-14, 21:18   Link #157
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I think "devil" Chiaki is a good measure of how Chiaki will become once puberty kicks in (in other words, Haruka-level "amazing"). As for her personality though, ah, that's a good question isn't it?
Actually, I think devil Chiaki might not be a bad predictor in that area as well.
Old 2013-01-14, 21:26   Link #158
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Oddly "devil" Chiaki seems to be the nicer of the two. "Angel" Chiaki is sweet sounding, but comes off harsher that "devil" Chiaki.
Old 2013-01-14, 21:27   Link #159
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Oddly "devil" Chiaki seems to be the nicer of the two. "Angel" Chiaki is sweet sounding, but comes off harsher that "devil" Chiaki.
I think that's most of the joke, really - there's not that much difference between them except wardrobe and measurements.
Old 2013-01-16, 21:41   Link #160
Dark Wing

At last one of my favorite comedies has come back and it's almost the way I remember it. I'm truly going be enjoying this season most definitely.

Tags
comedy, daily life, seinen, trap