AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 66 52.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 26.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 16.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.80%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-30, 14:09   Link #41
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cist
Spoiler:
Hmm, i'm not to sure if it was said that the men caught upto Keiichi, i mean if Rena & Satoko have anything to do with whats going on, it could be them?
Old 2006-04-30, 16:03   Link #42
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Just now finished watching episode 4 and all I can say is:

Spoiler:
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2006-04-30, 16:09   Link #43
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
he DVD comes with a "mini soundtrack" CD which is a bit different from the official soundtrack that's going to be released in July 21st.
Ah, right. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
Just now finished watching episode 4 and all I can say is:

Spoiler:
Nonono, read kj's post here. That's how it's going to work.

Quote:
And just a question, what will it take for Higurashi to get its own section of the forum? ^^;
The mods will kill you for daring to ask
Old 2006-04-30, 17:14   Link #44
Vicke

Spoiler for ep4:
Old 2006-04-30, 17:20   Link #45
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
also
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-30, 17:32   Link #46
Freak Of Nature
Translator / iitran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicke
Spoiler for preview of ep5:
The name of the café where K1 and Oishi ate is Angel Mort. How very suggestive...

Seiryuu's remark about how K1 and the girls are never behaving insanely simultaneously is, I think, spot on. There's little doubt that, no matter what the truth is, a large part of what we are shown is not real. It's somehow filtered through a lens of insanity or evil or something paranormal. But whose lens is it we are seeing through? K1's? Or is the answer more subtle than that?

Damn, Rena's insane face is scary. Best psycho-look I've ever seen. Norman Bates go home.
Old 2006-04-30, 17:35   Link #47
Boukenxha

Yeah Bron, that's a very coherent writeup on Keiichi's insanity, I like your train of thought. And I appreciate that the game players are become our very own TIPS factor. The one kj1980 last put up is interesting, but I don't know what to make of that information.

Spoiler for what I think about the TIP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Additionally, I found a couple of interesting points which haven't been mentioned yet. They don't really answer anything and raise more questions instead, but I thought they could be of some importance (?). Meh I think questioning is the only thing I can do at this point, I have no answers at all.

Spoiler for ep 2, 3 & 4:

I think I'm just throwing speculations left and right and I don't even know what I'm onto with all that questions, but this is addictive.
Old 2006-04-30, 17:48   Link #48
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
I'm wondering what will they do in the next episode. Keiichi can't be alive for it, so what? D:

And also, Rena looks like Keade's little sister. ;P
Old 2006-04-30, 17:50   Link #49
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

This thread did not need the mention of Kaede...
Old 2006-04-30, 17:51   Link #50
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Did you read kj1980 posts?

The anime follows the game sequential order of scenarios.
Actually, I made that explanation very simple. The more confusing way to explain it was:

Onikakushi: Certain event became a trigger point that lead to this ending.
Watanagashi: A certain decision by Keiichi leads to a chain event of something terrible.
Tatarigoroshi: An unexpected re-appearance leads everything to disaster.

And no, I'm not spilling any details. That up for you to think.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble
I just wanted to know....is it quite possible to figure out more than "20%" of the whole mystery by just watching the Onikakushi-hen portion? Are there still more clues in the first 4 episodes that haven't been picked up on yet?
Probably not...but by the time we get to Tsumihoroboshi (the sixth chapter), you'll find many of the hints that were there in Onikakushi that you may have missed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
Either way, the behavior swings, and the way they seemed to appear and grow after his arrival, definitely lends to the possibility of some sort of drug or environmental stimulus. Maybe there's a rare mold growing in the school walls?
Spoiler for I will reiterate this hint once again:

Quote:
also
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuryou
I'm wondering what will they do in the next episode. Keiichi can't be alive for it, so what?
My wikipedia article should just be a sticky for these FAQs.

In either case, many of you have their own theories, which is a good thing. And many have mentioned one item as evidence.

I'll say this so you can keep this jabbed in your mind for the next set of episodes:

The syringe is a recurring key item in the mystery. Whether it is evidence or not, I'm not saying. But it is an important item to ponder about.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-04-30 at 18:13.
Old 2006-04-30, 17:53   Link #51
Scribble
Sloth

Could the thing responsible for damaging Kei's mind, as mentioned in the TIP, be
Spoiler:

I'm doing the best I can here, really
Old 2006-04-30, 18:19   Link #52
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
The syringe is a recurring key item in the mystery. Whether it is evidence or not, I'm not saying. But it is an important item to ponder about.
Come to think about it.. the cops didn't find it - probably the men who arrived at Keiichi's house must have taken it - i'll keep what you said in mind.
Old 2006-04-30, 18:35   Link #53
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicke
Spoiler for ep4:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuryou
I'm wondering what will they do in the next episode. Keiichi can't be alive for it, so what? D:
Just like kj1980 said, after a chapter ends, things "start over", and a new development will take place. The job for the viewers will be to pay attention to the differences and similarities between each of these "chapters" (1 - 4 was Onikakushi-hen, Watanagashi-hen will most likely go from 5 - 8), as well as "putting the pieces together", using informations you have learned across all the different "chapters".

By the way, I have posted episode 5's preview screenshots back a few pages ago, I'll put them here again (with potential spoiler removed this time ^^; ) in case anyone missed them:
Spoiler for Episode 5 images+comments:
Old 2006-04-30, 18:37   Link #54
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thanks for the screenshots Sushi-Y~ ^^

It looks like Episode 05's gonna have the heartwarming feelings that episode 01 had, i wonder if it'll be 100% like that.
Old 2006-04-30, 19:19   Link #55
Freak Of Nature
Translator / iitran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Just like kj1980 said, after a chapter ends, things "start over", and a new development will take place. The job for the viewers will be to pay attention to the differences and similarities between each of these "chapters" (1 - 4 was Onikakushi-hen, Watanagashi-hen will most likely go from 5 - 8), as well as "putting the pieces together", using informations you have learned across all the different "chapters".
Now I have to ask: if things "start over", that means that the events of eps. 1-4 are a series of events that didn't happen, right? Just one possibility in the continuum of events that could result from the same circumstances -- as if we're playing through the various story tracks of the game, looking for the one thread that will lead to a non-catastrophic outcome?

Is that it? Or are those different storylines somehow all true at once?
Old 2006-04-30, 19:24   Link #56
Scribble
Sloth

Here I am again, really eager to find the answer. This may be interesting, actually:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-30, 19:31   Link #57
kron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak Of Nature
Now I have to ask: if things "start over", that means that the events of eps. 1-4 are a series of events that didn't happen, right? Just one possibility in the continuum of events that could result from the same circumstances -- as if we're playing through the various story tracks of the game, looking for the one thread that will lead to a non-catastrophic outcome?

Is that it? Or are those different storylines somehow all true at once?
in a sense, all true at once. more like different perspective and other things that happened during that time line which weren't seen from keiichi's eyes
Old 2006-04-30, 20:16   Link #58
Vicke

Quote:
Here I am again, really eager to find the answer. This may be interesting, actually:

Spoiler:
Spoiler for speculation:
Old 2006-04-30, 20:20   Link #59
Freak Of Nature
Translator / iitran

One thing that really struck me...

I don't know what the truth is about Rena. There's no way of knowing for sure, I think, at this point in the series. But I do know this:

Spoiler:

This anime is rapidly growing on me.
Old 2006-04-30, 20:25   Link #60
kron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak Of Nature
One thing that really struck me...

I don't know what the truth is about Rena. There's no way of knowing for sure, I think, at this point in the series. But I do know this:

Spoiler:

This anime is rapidly growing on me.
are you sure rena was actually there in the rain apologizing afterwards? or was it just what keiichi saw.
Closed Thread