AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-05, 02:37   Link #2341
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
So based on what Yunoha said, an Element's power seems to stem from a particular desire from the person to be created. Jin had a strong desire to protect Yunoha and thus created his 'barrier' power. I guess that's why Amata has wings, not particularly because of the Solar Wing business, but because when Alicia was taken away, he had the desire to fly up and follow her.
I'm pretty sure this is not true. For one, Amata had had his power before Alisia was taken away. In eps 1-2 he said his powers were the reason she left (which is probably not true but whatever).

No, I think people are born with powers, only they don't always manifest right away. Like, Mikono and Jin have probably always had their powers, except there was no opportunity to use them before (Mikono had no people to connect, I suppose her power doesn't work on herself, and Jin had no-one to protect and he didn't need to protect himself) so the powers remained dormant.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 03:20   Link #2342
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
No, I think people are born with powers, only they don't always manifest right away. Like, Mikono and Jin have probably always had their powers, except there was no opportunity to use them before (Mikono had no people to connect, I suppose her power doesn't work on herself, and Jin had no-one to protect and he didn't need to protect himself) so the powers remained dormant.
But why did Amata fly then? If he had his powers already, why didn't it stay dormant like Jin's(before Alisia)?
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 03:23   Link #2343
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
But why did Amata fly then? If he had his powers already, why didn't it stay dormant like Jin's?
Because his powers are connected to his emotions and he's had emotions since day one.

Same with Cayenne or Shrade or Andy - Cayenne can't really help having visions, Shrade's manifested when he was a small child because of his great musical talent (pretty sure he never wanted to kill his parents), and Andy... Andy really likes holes.

Besides, Amata's true nature and identity are still a mystery, so I don't think it's a good idea to base any general element theories on him...

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-03-05 at 04:05.
Old 2012-03-05, 04:39   Link #2344
Zuul

Is it only me who think this episode lampshaded how boring and half-assed the whole MikonoxAmataxZessica is ?

Hopefully Kagura can spice it up a bit.XD

Or maybe Zess will make her move.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 05:44   Link #2345
Shikijin

Jin mentioned stealing a vector... I can see what this will lead to: Vector Gnis combination
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 06:03   Link #2346
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Actually, I think their powers have more to do with their personalities. Both Jin and Yunoha are very shy people so they both developed powers that let them "escape" people. Yunoha can literally get out of people's sight why Jin can put a "wall" between him and others.

Heres hoping that Jin becomes a turn coat and joing Neo-Deva now that he has a crush. Jin and Yunoha are made for each other, lol.
It is good to see Jin joining Nea-Deava, but there is one problem here. This series lacks of villains. We have 4 main villains here while the good guys have 20+ people. It would be ridiculously boring to see same ole Kagura or Alteir commander got owned over and over again in the same fashion in every freaking episodes. I mean, there are still got 13++ episodes left. I just cannot see the anime enter the critical point of the plot so fast.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 06:39   Link #2347
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
It is good to see Jin joining Nea-Deava, but there is one problem here. This series lacks of villains. We have 4 main villains here while the good guys have 20+ people. It would be ridiculously boring to see same ole Kagura or Alteir commander got owned over and over again in the same fashion in every freaking episodes. I mean, there are still got 13++ episodes left. I just cannot see the anime enter the critical point of the plot so fast.
Kagura'd better not get owned next time.
2 times is already too much.

Seriously, how to take him as a serious threat if he were to have his ass kicked once more.

BTW, I really hope Jin will stay faithful to Altea. It would be harsh of him to betray all of his comrades.
All I can see him doing is cheating with Yunoha's stats for her not to appear as a potenntial Eve's candidate.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-03-05 at 06:49.
Old 2012-03-05, 06:51   Link #2348
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Kagura'd better not get owned next time.
2 times is already too much.

Seriously, how to take him as a serious threat if he were to have his ass kicked once more.
Yeah, but then you cannot expect the bad guy owning the good guys over and over again too when there is 13++ episodes out there. It is just too early for them to win over the good guys.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 06:54   Link #2349
Zuul

Quote:
Yeah, but then you cannot expect the bad guy owning the good guys over and over again too when there is 13++ episodes out there. It is just too early for them to win over the good guys.
Well, according to the preview, it appears that Kagura will be on his own side.

Besides it's time for Vega to have its first defeat.

Boring unbeatable heros are boring.
Old 2012-03-05, 07:18   Link #2350
magnuskn

Quote:
It ain't apparent to everyone yet that in the end, the only real villain will be Mikage? I mean, really? How many times have the Altair people to been shown as well-intentioned extremists for that to be made clear?
Old 2012-03-05, 08:11   Link #2351
kuromitsu

Quote:
Seriously... And Kagura will get to do the whole black wedding thing with Mikono, if that's not owning the good guys I don't know what is.

Btw yeah, it seems Mykage will be the ultimate villain, but it's not like Izumo & Co. count as "good guys" at the moment, well-intentioned or not.
Old 2012-03-05, 08:17   Link #2352
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
It ain't apparent to everyone yet that in the end, the only real villain will be Mikage? I mean, really? How many times have the Altair people to been shown as well-intentioned extremists for that to be made clear?
He probably meant antagonists.

Anyway, since Yunoha is actually my favorite girl, I'm glad that she found someone just for her, rather than suffer an inevitable disappointment with Amata. Jin was hilariously dorky this episode so I actually hope he turns out as a good guy (He hasn't actually killed anyone has he?)
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 08:21   Link #2353
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It was borderline painful watching Jin struggle throughout the entire episode Rather than wanting Yunoha's powers, Jin should have wished for Mel Gibson's

I've always thought Kagura would be the one to mingle with the Vegarians, but I glad it turned out to be Jin, his wide range of actions (including a priceless Romeo/Juliet-Reenactment with Yunoha) has proven to be more entertaining than Kagura's narrow minded caveman mentality which looks like it would be making a comeback next week again.

On Yunoha, she's not as short as I had initially thought. Putting her face to face with Jin doesn't make it look as inappropriate as I had feared I sure hope she had destroyed all those incriminating photos of Amata first though

EDIT:

Oh yeah, good to see Cayanne back in action after being absent ever since... Was it Episode 7 ? He's still hanging out with only Shrade and having zero interaction with Mikono though, but I got that golden scene where he demanded to know if Amata was making a move on his sister

Quote:
"You weren't before, that means you are NOW !?!"

Lastly, a belief moment of Donar and Suomi, Amata and Mikono, as well as Andy and Mix... Yes... Everything is coming together perfectly...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-03-05 at 09:27.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 09:12   Link #2354
tsunade666

darn so sweet episode. From so hard to watch episode from the beginning with the dorky struggle of Jin up to the meeting in the girls dorm. THAT SONG! THAT SONG!!!! SO DARN ROMANTIC! my sweet tooth aches the last few minutes saved it actually from painful to watch ( I actually paused and stop watching in the beginning with him trying to read books about girls and anatomy of girls in front of girls in the library -_- ) to watching again and again just for that few scene and be able to hear THAT SONG!!! in that particular romantic romeo/juliet scene. So sweet and the preview of jin using the feeling he saw when looking at bloomer alicia didn't help lol lol lol

okay back to preparing for defense tomorrow.
Old 2012-03-05, 10:12   Link #2355
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Even though there isn't any mecha battle this episode, but it was great episode. Never thought that Jin-Yunoha pairing I saw on Pixiv will be official
But they really look cute together, we can see Jin's side we never seen before. And his misunderstanding was funny.

And there's also Amata & Mikono and Donar & Shiomi moment and siscon Cayenne. Adorable <3

But with his misunderstanding about Reaigler seems like Jin will kidnap Yunoha thinking she's the strongest Reaigler with her tears that make him felt lost, beside previous battle with EVOL. I'm hoping he's staying with Neo-Deava though. He'll be Rossiu of Andy's Kamina and Amata's Simon

For the next episode preview, I'm curious about this scene
Old 2012-03-05, 10:45   Link #2356
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
For the next episode preview, I'm curious about this scene
Zessica: Oh? What's in the bag?

Andy: Groceries.

Zessica: Heeeh~ really now.
MIX: Wha, what are you implying!?

Zessica: Oh I'm not implying anything. It's what's in the bag that is giving the implications. <3

Andy: It's just food... Mix said she'd cook some. I know, do you wanna eat with us? She said she's really good

MIX: *blush* ANDY!!

Zessica: Cooking for your man already MIX? You move so fast~

MIX: DENIED!!! I DENY EVERYTHING!!!

Last edited by Tempest35; 2012-03-05 at 11:07.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 11:12   Link #2357
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Zessica: Oh? What's in the bag?

Andy: Groceries.

Zessica: Heeeh~ really now. :wink:

MIX: Wha, what are you implying!?

Zessica: Oh I'm not implying anything. It's what's in the bag that is giving the implications. <3

Andy: It's just food... Mix said she'd cook some. I know, do you wanna eat with us? She said she's really good

MIX: *blush* ANDY!!

Zessica: Cooking for your man already MIX? You move so fast~

MIX: DENIED!!! I DENY EVERYTHING!!!
Beautiful.

I really liked this episode and I felt sorry Jin being so out of his element (ha), I know that regular guys have a hard time understanding us women folk but I can only imagine how much harder it must be for a guy like Jin, who has never been in contact with a girl his whole life.

I'm wondering if the type of elemental power manifests because of personality, or from circumstances? Because if the personality creates the elemental power, then it would depend on what that's mighty convenient, but if its based on circumstances, then I wonder if some elementals go their entire lives without unlocking their elemental capabilities. And in order to become a pilot for Aquarion you have to first unlock your ability.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 11:23   Link #2358
ReddyRedWolf

Given it has been 12,000 years assuming both Altair and Vega are parallel universes they both remember and forgot some details.

Vega remembers Apollo, Silvia and the Aquarion but oral traditions changed it into Apollon, Silvy, and Aquaria. Only Neo-Deava higher up knowing the name Aquarion.

Altair remembers the original Aquarion but only knows it as the Machine Angel. A term used by Shadow Angels. They have a Shadow Angel in their camp but only Izumo and his boys know.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 11:26   Link #2359
miketyson

This show's proved the previews are mostly useless. Nevertheless, my guess at that scene would be: Zessica trying to invite herself along on some Andy-MIX, Amata-Mikono group picnic-"date", deliberately working the "love is forbidden so it can't be a date, right?" angle to get MIX worked up.

What'd be pretty funny is if: Zen puts Cayenne and Jin together "in the brig" until they resolve their issues (sneaky Zen!). Cue Cayenne flipping out later on when he somehow gets wind of the Amata-Mikono, MIX-Andy double picnic date, but is trapped in the brig and unable to go protect Mikono.

Do we know whether or not Jin knows the specific reaigler Kagura is crazy about? I'm not sure we do.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 11:35   Link #2360
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
THAT SONG! THAT SONG!!!! SO DARN ROMANTIC!
It is a great song.

Still waiting for the time they will use Sousei no Aquarion <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
~snip~
Basically what I had in mind too XD

Tags
comedy, science fiction