AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 24 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 50.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 19.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-17, 05:34   Link #41
daisukechan
BakaDaichan

Send a message via AIM to daisukechan Send a message via MSN to daisukechan Send a message via Yahoo to daisukechan
Spoiler for preview and about keiichi:

I wish the game had someone to tranzlate it so i could play it o.o i love spoilers and it annoys me to no end that i dont know whats going on

edit: not wanting to post again i added more about what i think of kei-chan in the spoiler tag

Last edited by daisukechan; 2006-06-17 at 10:45.
Old 2006-06-17, 05:43   Link #42
rogueblade

wow, that was a great episode! I was a little confused at why they slipped in that montage of Keiichi's past though, what was it meant to show? It seemed fairly random to me.
Anyway, alot about what happened in this episode has already been discussed, and i don't have a great deal to add, except that i wonder if Mion/Shion knew about Satoshi's actions that night?
Anyway, speculation time:
Looking at the captions from the preview, i think it's likely the murder gets revealed to Rena/Mion etc, but also to Satoko. Didn't one of the caption say something along the lines of "I hate you!" and something about someone dying? I believe those are the words of Satoko after she finds out about the ordeal.
I also think it's plausible that one of two routes will be taken at the end of this arc :
1.) Keiichi is murdered by Satoko/Rena/Mion/Shion for killing Satoko's uncle.
2.) Keiichi is driven insane by the guilt and then - Kills himself to stop the guilt - the guilt would be the "thing that's watching over me" that Satoshi described before he went AWOL, and also the thing that Keiichi is running from in the first arc with the phone box incident.

Also, I heard somewhere that Rena, Mion and Riku confront Keiichi after the breakdown scene and have an argument with him. can anyone tell me what happens there?
Old 2006-06-17, 06:16   Link #43
Gains
Rain lover

A great episode full of suspense. I can relate things to past episodes from this one.

So the points of this episode:
-Keiichi took the bat from the locker remembering that Irie mentioned Satoshi in Hinamizawa Fighters, in Onikakushi he randomly picked one. This time he know fully that he used Satoshi's bat. Transfer of judgment to the "new nii-nii"?
-Apparently Keiichi "replicated" Satoshi's actions again by not going to the festival and not being fully honest to Mion.
-Mion in Tatarigoroshi did not trade places with Shion. She seemed consistent throughout the arc.
-From this arc, we get a glimpse that Shion likes Satoshi. Mion also possibly has feelings...she seems quite troubled when Keiichi called. The twins seemed to like the same people.
-Keiichi laughed after what he did. This is very different than the self-defence Keiichi in Onikakushi.
-The bat is now gone. Satoko might possibly realize this in the next episode. Wonder what would happen.
-Takano is very creepy but at the same time lovely. She can kill me and I won't object.

Spoiler for Keiichi and Rena:

Spoiler for Keiichi's development between arcs:

The car is very suspicious, when Keiichi did the burying. There is nothing that impede its path in the road but the driver sounded its horn close to Keiichi's point.

Spoiler for Takano:

The part in the preview is quite disturbing...Keiichi looking at his hand. It is possibly a realization that would create a hellhole for him.
Old 2006-06-17, 08:14   Link #44
Morgri

Spoiler for Teppei's scene:

Woah, woah, I think it's going a little to far to call him an idiot. You have to consider everything Keiichi went about to ensure a succesful murder. He didn't just plan where he was gonna murder the uncle, he planned when to murder, how to murder; he thought of the times when nobody *should* have been there, where there was no traffic flow at the time and so forth and so on. Go plan a murder like that and tell me if an idiot could do it to such careful extent that Keiichi went about it. >>

Furthermore, I can't really say that Keiichi was truly psycho, as you guys have put it. I think he was at an emotional high and was instantly filled with a high amount of adrenaline. He was perfectly sane when he was beating him with the bat -- heck he even made sure he was dead, a pshycho would have probably kept beating him until there was nothing less.... etc...

Also, if seems suspicious that the only car that passed looks, if I remember right, just like Takano's (sp), and I do believe that it was her that filled that whole in. I don't thinks he moved the sign, though, she might have used the whole to bury tomitake (sp), and saw keiichi murdering Satoko's uncle by pure coincidence. You never know... yet.

However, I think it is almost save to assure that the uncle is the one who was abusing her. In episode 10, Satoko jumps at his presence, the anime and manga would have no reason to put that little seen in if he wasn't the abuser. I mean, if uncle comes out, and I know who he is, and I'm not being abused, why would I jump? Furthermore, her complancy of going to get the beer and such furthers this evidence. 1. Satoko would have never considered buying beer (off all things) unless she had a motive to get away. 2. The uncle scolded her even though it's clear she told her to do it. The director doesn't seem suspicious for one reason. He touched her during that scene and she didn't do anything, yet, again, she jumps as soon as she sees her uncle...

I really hate seeing keiichi die, and I would be so very happy if he were to stay alive. I've come to "care" for him just as much as I do with the girls, and I'm very sad for him in this arc, because of everything he did right (the planning of the murder and such) he forgot one thing, and that's the consequiences. No, I'm not talking about evidence or the chance of being caught becuase he certainly had factored those things in ("gotta ditch the scooter!"), but his emotional estate -- my guess about the episode previews is that he will be starting to be affected emotionally becuase of the shock and disdain of murdering someone (if your not a psycho... which my personal opinion that he is not one). If, by some miracle factor, as I see it, Satoko's uncle was innocent and Satoko's hates keiichi for it (which I think she'll be mad but not because her uncle is dead, but because she is worried about his wellbeing, you know, being thrown in jail and all). If she does, he will think that he wronged her which would probably throw him into instant suicidal, regretfull, thoughts that would end up being his demise.

Spoiler for thoughts about Mion, Shion, Keiichi, and Satoshi:

He well, that's all my comments, I'll probably be really sad when/if Keiichi dies, especially if all or most of the girls live. How would it affect them? we probably won't find out.

Last edited by Morgri; 2006-06-17 at 08:42.
Old 2006-06-17, 08:52   Link #45
adamatari

Spoiler for speculation on Satoko's abuser, etc.:
Old 2006-06-17, 09:08   Link #46
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Spoiler:

Old 2006-06-17, 09:21   Link #47
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgri
Woah, woah, I think it's going a little to far to call him an idiot. You have to consider everything Keiichi went about to ensure a succesful murder. He didn't just plan where he was gonna murder the uncle, he planned when to murder, how to murder; he thought of the times when nobody *should* have been there, where there was no traffic flow at the time and so forth and so on. Go plan a murder like that and tell me if an idiot could do it to such careful extent that Keiichi went about it. >>

Spoiler for Satako:

For Irie...
Spoiler:

Last edited by orion; 2006-06-17 at 13:46.
Old 2006-06-17, 11:44   Link #48
FubaredByAnime

Maybe they left too much out of the game, but I just found it weird how Keiichi was bullied in class. I know he went to the advanced class, but probably a bunch of other kids did as well. It's like nerds picking on nerds for being a nerd. And heck, Keiichi wasn't even 1st place on the board, but 3rd, so I don't see what made him such a target. Unless his bloodline can be traced to Hinamizawa and they felt the Ogre blood in him ...
Old 2006-06-17, 12:04   Link #49
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
And heck, Keiichi wasn't even 1st place on the board, but 3rd, so I don't see what made him such a target.
Maybe the other smart kids were also bullied?

Quote:
This guy is incapable of providing a good alibi or lie for himself. This type pf person should never commit a murder imo.
True, Keiichi can't tell a convincing lie to save his life and he has to count on not being interrogated by Oishi which is not bloody likely. But Keiichi has been quite reckless in al the arcs, so it's not exactly a really surprising turn of events.

Old 2006-06-17, 12:17   Link #50
RMgX

Spoiler for title:
Old 2006-06-17, 17:53   Link #51
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-17, 18:20   Link #52
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Wow. Powerful episode. I'm withholding my comments until the next one
because I think that:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-17, 19:31   Link #53
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
Spoiler for The murder:

He's planning and execution of the murder was almost perfect in "theory", but to quote Murphy's Law: "If there's anything that can go wrong, will go wrong at the worst possible moment"

From Tippei running too far away from the man hole, to the missing man hole he dug earlier, to having to run back to school to get the shovel again, and having been picked up by Takano and failing at her interrogation's.

I say K1's time after the festival is going to be an interesting one.
Old 2006-06-17, 19:54   Link #54
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Spoiler:

Not that I know how to cover something up like that
Old 2006-06-17, 20:43   Link #55
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

It seems that Keiichi's going to go a bit Macbeth next episode. The preview was so Lady Macbeth.

Not much to say here in terms of the mystery, except
Spoiler:

There's a lot more discrepancy between the chapters than I first thought.
Old 2006-06-17, 23:41   Link #56
oasis

Send a message via ICQ to oasis Send a message via MSN to oasis
Anyone care to spoil us on the nature of the abuse? Otherwise it's hard to contextualize K1's motivations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Well, I'll just shut up and repeat to myself that phrase I heard somewhere: "Just be glad that an anime version actually exists, just be glad that an anime version actually exists, just be..."
I would be inclined to agree but taken to its logical conclusion then any version, however poorly conceived or executed, would be acceptable - and obviously that's not the case. So on the spectrum of expectations, I don't think you should hesitate to point out how the present one meets them or the lack thereof (in fact, it helps us better appreciate the nuances of the series). With the TIPS and manga scans provided it's become obvious to everyone who hasn't played the game that there's the details omitted in the series substantially detract from its full appreciation, and is by no means a close substitute.
Old 2006-06-18, 01:51   Link #57
Eric the Grey

This episode is worth a 10, if for no reason other than the fact that Keiichi has a real set on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Spoiler for just in case:
Spoiler for Because it is somewhat off-topic:

One thing I think should be pointed out is that those of us who have not read the manga, or seen the game won't necessarily miss as much when stuff is left out, or things have changed. I'd love to see the game, but unless it is translated into english, it'll never happen.

Myself, I thought the episode was top-notch, even with Keiichi using the "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" line, which I thought was rather poetic.

Now, Takano has grown to be the creepiest character in this series. Little by little, she is getting more so. I'm really curious as to how exactly she knew what K1 was doing. I also think that perhaps she is the reason his hole vanished.

Quote:
Tomitake:
Spoiler:
Oooohhhh!! I like that thinking.

Spoiler for a completely random thought that might be a spoiler:

...and one final thought:

Spoiler for From the preview: "Die you bastard, Die!":

Eric the Grey
Old 2006-06-18, 02:48   Link #58
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric the Grey
Now, Takano has grown to be the creepiest character in this series. Little by little, she is getting more so. I'm really curious as to how exactly she knew what K1 was doing. I also think that perhaps she is the reason his hole vanished.
Spoiler for conjecture, assumptions and all that jazz:

Keiichi was anything but stellar in his murder, he could have well used that shovel as a murder weapon instead and from what we learn in WWII trench warfare, shovels make good decapitation tools. It simply wasn't the perfect murder when he pulled it off because of so many holes at which he could be discovered by someone.

Quote:
Spoiler for a completely random thought that might be a spoiler:
like someone already said (Sushi-Y?) I think those flashbacks served more to illustrate the bond between him and his new friends. Back in his old school, Keiichi looked like he got ridiculed for being top of the class, and subsequently was subjected to the dead-rat incident which probably loosened some bolts up there. However, it's not uncommon for students that have been bullied to transfer to anoteh school altogether. The fact of the matter is, his new friends don't care about his grades or whatever, they like keiichi for himself, and thusly he feels that he should do something when one of his friends are in a bad situation.

I suspect Takano though to be one of the main players in the Oyashiro-sama curse. I also suspect Oiishi may have a hand in it too. it's apparent that in both the first chapter and this one, Keiichi gets off his rocker a little while after talking to Takano about the curse. In the first chapter, this was aided along by Oiishi, not too sure about his part in this chapter but I guess we shall see. Irie also comes to mind as a possible suspect since if he gets rid of Keiichi, he'd have Satoko all to himself basically.

Then again, I could be making all of this up it's getting late, my mind plays tricks on me.
Old 2006-06-18, 06:43   Link #59
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirobane
Spoiler for conjecture, assumptions and all that jazz:

Keiichi was anything but stellar in his murder, he could have well used that shovel as a murder weapon instead and from what we learn in WWII trench warfare, shovels make good decapitation tools. It simply wasn't the perfect murder when he pulled it off because of so many holes at which he could be discovered by someone.

like someone already said (Sushi-Y?) I think those flashbacks served more to illustrate the bond between him and his new friends. Back in his old school, Keiichi looked like he got ridiculed for being top of the class, and subsequently was subjected to the dead-rat incident which probably loosened some bolts up there. However, it's not uncommon for students that have been bullied to transfer to anoteh school altogether. The fact of the matter is, his new friends don't care about his grades or whatever, they like keiichi for himself, and thusly he feels that he should do something when one of his friends are in a bad situation.

I suspect Takano though to be one of the main players in the Oyashiro-sama curse. I also suspect Oiishi may have a hand in it too. it's apparent that in both the first chapter and this one, Keiichi gets off his rocker a little while after talking to Takano about the curse. In the first chapter, this was aided along by Oiishi, not too sure about his part in this chapter but I guess we shall see. Irie also comes to mind as a possible suspect since if he gets rid of Keiichi, he'd have Satoko all to himself basically.

Then again, I could be making all of this up it's getting late, my mind plays tricks on me.

that's an extremely interesting theory
Old 2006-06-18, 11:52   Link #60
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

XD Cut Keiichi some slack,he's just a young deranged boy and you're all expecting him to commit the perfect crime.I think it's already good that he hought of burying the body and getting rid of the scooter and bat.For a while I thought he would leave the battered body on the road and hope people would blame the "drug addict" again.

Poor Keiichi,it seems like everyone knows everything he does,no matter how well he tries to hide it.Killing the uncle,entering the shrine,having instant noodles for dinner.The guy has no privacy!
Closed Thread