AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-07-13, 06:37   Link #201
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Wondering if the game will allow to have romance with in-game characters like the recent lines of Dragon Age/ Mass Effect. Does not expect it and don't think it will(someone who have been looking around with the news may clear me on that), but found it more fun in those games to return home to your homie and looking for relationship development after a month out hacking and slashing random monsters.

Can you collect monster soul from Oblivion? You can't isn't it? Because i remember only Morrowind allow so. Can you even do alchemy in Oblivion? Man it was 5 years since last time i played these
Romance and marriage is in the game. Though I would lower my expectation of I were you; that sort of thing is hard to do without being the main focus of a game.
We still have soul gems, though we don't know if we get to identify which soul is which after collection.

Alchemy is in. It's now associated with the "Thief" class, likely due to its association with poisons. So each of the three main branch classes gets a crafting skill. Warriors get Smithing, Mages get Enchanting, and Thieves get Alchemy.
Old 2011-07-13, 06:44   Link #202
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Alchemy to stealth class? Nice.. I never really like to play with alchemy.. in OB, I used the 7th skill to decide what sort of mage I wanna play.. Sneak, athletic, blade, speechcraft goes to the 7th slot . The other 6 was for the magic schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Question for those who played Oblivion on PC with mods:

I want to play this game on PC with the mods, and I had tried this in the past (I just forgot some details). I use Windows 7 64-bit. I forgot some of the specifics about Oblivion on PC. It installs in the program files (x86) by default, correct, but for the mods to work properly, you install it somewhere other than program files (x86), correct? I think I remember it correctly? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Correct me where I'm wrong if I'm wrong.
The best thing to do is install it to other folder or drive rather then C:.. that way, all the tools can work in peace... Mostly BOSS and Wrye Bash.

Blame the UAC for that.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 06:59   Link #203
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Romance and marriage is in the game. Though I would lower my expectation of I were you; that sort of thing is hard to do without being the main focus of a game.
We still have soul gems, though we don't know if we get to identify which soul is which after collection.

Alchemy is in. It's now associated with the "Thief" class, likely due to its association with poisons. So each of the three main branch classes gets a crafting skill. Warriors get Smithing, Mages get Enchanting, and Thieves get Alchemy.
Really?! Wow i was hoping for some romance, thanks for the heads up! Could you link where this is pointed out tho? i want to be sure
Old 2011-07-13, 07:08   Link #204
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Really?! Wow i was hoping for some romance, thanks for the heads up! Could you link where this is pointed out tho? i want to be sure
http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php...fan-interview/

Read Question 7.
Old 2011-07-13, 07:42   Link #205
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallen chaos valiant View Post
Quote:
oh, and we now have tavern brawls that are non-lethal! I love those.
food fight!!!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2011-07-13, 09:35   Link #206
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It's not like you actually had to close all the gates (it's been years since I finshed with the game, but I seem to recall that there were only 3 or so gates you actually needed to close (and one of those was a rescue mission)), so I'm a little confused why this particular issue stopped you from completeing the main quest...
Well, that elf was, despite her alter-ego Grey Fox's Dark Brotherhood credentials, quite a duty-bound lass. She couldn't just leave a gate alone after getting close to them, and she got close to them a lot because unlike most people she preferred to ride around the countryside instead of using that newfangled Fast Travel thing (why would you have a pretty world to explore if you're gonna skip it?).

So her usual Cheydinhal-to-Anvil stroll turned nightmarish at a certain point in the main quest, and that's not even counting the gates that were aiming at each city she specifically sought out to close, for the good of Cyrodiil and all that.

It didn't help that Oblivion's main quest was rather uninteresting compared to, say, the beloved DB quest line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Wait, what is this class thing? You mean you can't be the God-of-all-trades like you used to in the previous two Elder Scrolls anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php...fan-interview/
Interesting stuff.

Spoiler for space:
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 10:12   Link #207
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Wait, what is this class thing? You mean you can't be the God-of-all-trades like you used to in the previous two Elder Scrolls anymore?
There is no actual class, but three major star-signs used to split all the skills in the game into each of the three groups. The Warrior, the Mage, and the Thief. Mostly this is to make it simpler for people to understand what skills go with what.

Gameplay wise there are rune-stones that function as a "jobs" selection tab, which you can only activate one at any time but that you can switch whenever you are near a rune stone.

Right now we know there are the basic Warrior, Mage and Thief rune stones, with the simple advantage that the relevant skills would level up faster. But there are more complicated runestones (hence more complicated "jobs") that you could fine later in the game, with likely more interesting effects.

You can still get all your skills to 100 in Skyrim. That hasn't changed. But you also get one perk choice every level up to 50, after which you can have no more. There are 300+ perks to choose from, so you can be very good at all skills but never be a grandmaster unless you have all the perks in a specific skill tree. So pick wisely. Things like granting your shield the ability to deflect spells is nothing to trifle with.
Old 2011-07-13, 20:06   Link #208
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post

The best thing to do is install it to other folder or drive rather then C:.. that way, all the tools can work in peace... Mostly BOSS and Wrye Bash.

Blame the UAC for that.

I could move it to another folder than the program files (x86) folder, but another drive, no, not really. I will only have the C: drive for games (no partition).
Old 2011-07-14, 09:14   Link #209
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Just dont put it in program file folder and you should be fine.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2011-07-14, 21:00   Link #210
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Alrighty, thanks for the info guys.

Quote:

So...Warriors and Mages can't use Alchemy?
Old 2011-07-14, 21:55   Link #211
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
So...Warriors and Mages can't use Alchemy?
It just likely means that the associated training/quests/shops related to Alchemy has been moved to the Thieve's Guild. If you want to role-play a pure Warrior or a pure mage then it is your choice whether to use Alchemy or not. And as I mentioned earlier, the Rune stones would affect the skills differently. That's all.
Old 2011-07-14, 22:18   Link #212
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
It just likely means that the associated training/quests/shops related to Alchemy has been moved to the Thieve's Guild. If you want to role-play a pure Warrior or a pure mage then it is your choice whether to use Alchemy or not. And as I mentioned earlier, the Rune stones would affect the skills differently. That's all.
That is good to know.

For my first play through of Skyrim, I'm thinking of playing a character that specializes in combat. I'm thinking Blunt and Descruction magic, and I dunno what else.
Old 2011-10-01, 10:45   Link #213
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

So, with Skyrim over a month away

Time to put up some demo's
(Most of which, has already been seen)
But what the heck, here is a 3 part video demonstration of Skyrim.

--------------------------------------------------------

For extra information there's always the trusty wiki:

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

For some pre-release content (And look how every race has been REMADE)

Enjoy

I myself, will absolutely roll an Argonian, I am totally digging their new Velociraptor-look
Time to fight reptiles as reptiles!
Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 12:38   Link #214
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm just going to go the standard Imperials But the ending of part 3 really does make you feel like a boss with the shout at the end.
Old 2011-10-01, 12:56   Link #215
TrueKnight

^ DOVAHKIIIIIN !!

Sorry couldn't help it but thats Dragonborn for you.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 18:53   Link #216
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm just going to say that this game is going to take waaay longer then simply a week or 2 to finish for people that intend to rush Probably predicting about a month or 2 if you spend 15 hours everyday playing it. But yes, this game will kill my PC
Old 2011-10-02, 04:08   Link #217
Aqua Knight

I am worried about PC specs as my PC couldn't run new Deus Ex. I wonder if I can run Skyrim.
Old 2011-10-02, 04:19   Link #218
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
The engine definitely looks more difficult to render than Gamebryo. I may have to kill antialiasing and anisotropic filtering on my PC to get smooth framerates at 1680x1050 using an AMD Mobility Radeon 5850.
Old 2011-10-02, 05:02   Link #219
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

I remember back when Oblivion came out, my PC almost couldn't handle it, had to run it on the lowest settings. (even then it was choppy)

It's been 5 years since then and 2 computers later, only time will tell if I'll be able to run Skyrim.
Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 05:15   Link #220
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
The main reason why I build a new one beginning this year was because fo Skyrim. Las Vegas was giving me minor difficulties already, disco lakes because of graphics card overheating not to mention my core hitting over baking temperatures.
Pre ordered the game finally, 11 nov I am locking myself up in my room.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim