AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-05-09, 16:03   Link #21
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusG
The main character is really a guy.
I assume you're talking about XIII and not VS. That would make sense considering the trend FF protagonists have been taking. The protagonist for XIII clearly has breasts, though.
Old 2006-05-09, 16:04   Link #22
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
Final Fantasy May Cry
lol exactly what I was thinking.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 16:43   Link #23
Ending

Saw that trailer on YouTube today and I really have to wonder are they once again showing only parts from the movies of the game... It's such a cheap trick mentioned even in Gamer's Manifesto (part #3).
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 17:03   Link #24
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay
Saw that trailer on YouTube today and I really have to wonder are they once again showing only parts from the movies of the game... It's such a cheap trick mentioned even in Gamer's Manifesto (part #3).
The video IGN has clearly shows a status screen and a map on the upper left corner during some of the scenes; So, at the very least, I want to believe those are using the game engine.
Old 2006-05-09, 20:38   Link #25
Altimit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
Female. Ugly one. I predict she gets a makeover before the actual thing comes out.
I'm going to have to strongly disagree with you there, I think she looks great.

I feel stupid judging a game based on a 1 minute trailer, but I've got very high hopes for this, looks like it could very well end up being the best FF ever.
Altimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 20:56   Link #26
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay
It has been mentioned that everything in that trailer is rendered in-game in real time. These are not the CG movies, but simple in-game cutscenes combined with actual game-play (when all the status menus popped up). If you pause during the "game-play" scenes, you'll find that the graphics retain the same level of details as the cutscenes.

With graphics like these, I doubt they'd need CG movies anymore anyway.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 03:53   Link #27
Renesis-C
Senior Member...?

I'm pretty sure this is how things will unfold (based on what i've read from sites like IGN)

XIII and VS XIII are related.
I'm pretty sure VS is the direct sequel to XIII (evidenced by the name).
VS will be like kingdomhearts, so action orientated and it is also made by the same group who did KH series.

It's pretty interesting that they have already announced XIII and it's sequel so early on, so I guess you can bet on the story to be solid at the very least.
Renesis-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 06:16   Link #28
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renesis-C
I'm pretty sure this is how things will unfold (based on what i've read from sites like IGN)

VS will be like kingdomhearts, so action orientated and it is also made by the same group who did KH series.

It's pretty interesting that they have already announced XIII and it's sequel so early on, so I guess you can bet on the story to be solid at the very least.
They aren't:

http://na.square-enix.com/e306/titles/fabula/

There is a 4th game too, ''Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII''. Haeresis=Heresy in Latin.

Quote:
Square Enix filed for the trademark ''Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII'' with the USPTO on May 1, 2006. The following is the related filing:

Quote:
Word Mark FINAL FANTASY HAERESIS XIII

Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software; video game software; sound recordings in the form of optical discs, magnetic discs and/or semiconductor ROMs featuring music and/or fictional stories; audio visual recordings in the form of optical discs, magnetic discs and/or semiconductor ROMs featuring music and/or animated fictional stories; prerecorded compact discs featuring music; prerecorded video discs featuring music and/or animated fictional stories; prerecorded video cassettes featuring music and/or animated fictional stories; decorative magnets; mouse pads; straps for cellular phones; sunglasses; blank memory cards; memory card cases; CD cases; video game controllers; downloadable computer graphic software containing wallpapers for computers and/or mobile phones; downloadable screensavers for computers and/or mobile phones; downloadable video recordings featuring cartoon characters and/or video game characters; downloadable musical sound recordings; downloadable sound recordings using human voices featuring morning calls and/or wake-up call messages; downloadable ring tones for mobile phones; downloadable electronic publications in the nature of magazines, journals and/or newsletters in the field of computer games, video games, cartoons and/or general entertainment
IC 016. US 002 005 022 023 029 037 038 050. G & S: Computer game strategy guidebooks; video game strategy guidebooks; a series of books featuring fictional stories and/or fantasy stories; graphic art books; song books; musical score books; comic books; magazines featuring computer games, video games, cartoons and/or general entertainment; posters; stickers; paper banners; calendars; post cards; pens; pencils; pencil caps; pen cases; drawing rulers; rubber stamps; notebooks; collectors' cards; trading cards; photographs; photograph stands

IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: Dolls; toy figures; plush toys; stuffed toys; inflatable toys; toy vehicles; toy guns; toy swords; playing cards; card games; board games; jigsaw puzzles; hand held video game units

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Providing on-line computer games and/or on-line video games; providing information on computer game strategies and/or video game strategies via computer networks and/or global communication networks; providing information on entertainment in the field of computer games, video games, card games, animated cartoons, comics, novels and/or magazines; providing on-line non-downloadable comics; providing on-line non-downloadable magazines in the field of computer games, video games, cartoons and/or general entertainment

Mark Drawing Code (3) DESIGN PLUS WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS
Design Search Code 26.17.13 - Letters or words underlined and/or overlined by one or more strokes or lines; Overlined words or letters; Underlined words or letters
Serial Number 78873711
Filing Date May 1, 2006
Current Filing Basis 1B;44E
Original Filing Basis 1B;44E
Owner (APPLICANT) Kabushiki Kaisha Square Enix (also trading as Square Enix Co., Ltd.) CORPORATION JAPAN 3-22-7 Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku Tokyo JAPAN
Attorney of Record Mark I. Peroff
Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 07:02   Link #29
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renesis-C

Well, according to official info, the games will have nothing to do with one another. Different characters, different worlds. "Same mythos", whatever that means.
Old 2006-05-10, 16:15   Link #31
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
I can't wait.

I especially like the look of VS; More dark and mysterious.

Anyways, where can I get more infor, scans? I prefer to some king of blogg, because it's most convenient. Where did you find the Famitu pics?
Friera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 13:08   Link #32
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friera
I can't wait.

I especially like the look of VS; More dark and mysterious.

Anyways, where can I get more infor, scans? I prefer to some king of blogg, because it's most convenient. Where did you find the Famitu pics?
I mostly get them from 2ch or, here.

Here are some new scans:

http://img132.imagevenue.com/img.php...3057_13_01.jpg
http://img141.imagevenue.com/img.php...3065_13_02.jpg
http://img104.imagevenue.com/img.php...3073_13_03.jpg
http://img108.imagevenue.com/img.php...3080_13_04.jpg
http://img129.imagevenue.com/img.php...3087_13_05.jpg
http://img106.imagevenue.com/img.php...3093_13_06.jpg
http://img28.imagevenue.com/img.php?...3101_13_07.jpg
http://img42.imagevenue.com/img.php?...3107_13_08.jpg
http://img104.imagevenue.com/img.php...3114_13_09.jpg
http://img7.imagevenue.com/img.php?l...3121_13_10.jpg

FF Agito XIII (Moblie Phone) Scans:

http://img11.imagevenue.com/img.php?...ader162095.jpg

Some notes courtesy of Duckroll from GAF:
- FFXIII might have online features, but it won't be the focus
- FF Versus XIII will not have online features
- The battle system for FFXIII will make use of both "time" (ATB probably) and "3D space" (probably meaning the battles take place within a 3D area that actually affects the gameplay)

Nice big Update from IGN:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/708/708994p1.html
Old 2006-05-17, 14:45   Link #33
arias

Thanks for the new screens.

I love the graphics; and while I initially thought the heroine of FFXIII was incredibly unattractive... those screens have now changed my mind ; ) I'm still very skeptical of all its gimmickry -- look at that weapon she's holding.. It's a bloody SWISS KNIFE.

I'm just really skeptical of all this shininess. I really hope they pull this off fine.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 20:05   Link #34
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I think they will make it very good to say the least. But did somebody say there are four FF XIII variations in the works? That's excessive, FF XIII and FF XIII VS would be just fine.

And the heroine isn't unnattractive, I like her, she has a bit more of a mature look.
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 04:31   Link #35
Alice Elliot
#1 Yaoi/Shonen-Ai Hater

Send a message via MSN to Alice Elliot
It's true that the graphics are nicely done, looks like AC, but graphics isn't all in a game. Well, I dun have high hopes for Square-Enix, FFX was the first game which disappointed me, then it went on with FFX-2 (really lol), Advent Children was just orientated to look good as well and ... Star Ocean 3 wasn't that good and Grandia 3 was just ridiculous... They just focus tooo much on graphics and forget to put in a good storyline, so better to await nothing good of them since the story is most important in a game imo...
Alice Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 06:17   Link #36
Renesis-C
Senior Member...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Well, according to official info, the games will have nothing to do with one another. Different characters, different worlds. "Same mythos", whatever that means.
Just to clear things up, I did say that they were related which can mean alot of things. Discovered the relation is actually a pretty dodgy one (basically it is mythology that is related, i.e moogles, chocobo and magic spell names). Kind of sad that the games share the same title, but are only as "connected" as VII and VIII were (so basically not at all). (article link from iron maw). So that's my bad. But then again, it is early stages of development, so anything could happen.

Also, I said I was pretty sure, but I was obviously incorrect about that, my mistake again.

From official sources, three titles were announced (again from IGN), buying the rights to a name is a possible indication of another game, at best. Many companies buy the rights to certain names and never actually use them, happens in almost all industries.

Anyway, about the discussion on the Heroine. Many people are saying she is unattractive (bordering on ugly), but she is supposed to be realistic. She isn't ugly, nor is she strikingly attractive, which is basically what most people are. I agree with Urzu 7, she does look more mature than the more recent FF female characters.
Renesis-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 08:17   Link #37
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

About the Agito scan, it says there: "School Drama?"

Sounds like you can create a character or choose one and your character starts in a training school like Gardens from FFVIII.

The girl with a scythe, the guy with playing cards and the girl with a flute and mog doll got my attention. We dont see such weapons all the time in the FF series. Setzer had playing cards but no other characters used scythes and a flute/doll combination.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 06:13   Link #38
Dis
魔王

Only reason to buy a PS3 atm for me is FFXIII and MGS4...
Dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 13:00   Link #39
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
A quite surprising new detail was next revealed, the female character who has been seen in almost everything to do with Final Fantasy 13 so far, is in fact not the main character. However, the developers say she is strong and independent, and that she will have a prominent role in Final Fantasy 13.

- http://www.final-fantasy-13.com/

Wuhu!
I'm actual happy because I prefer a male main character. (It is is a male main characters though... ) More news at the site.
Friera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 03:48   Link #40
Iron Maw
Banned

That's mistranslation actually, the main characer is still female and IGN has big update on the game:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/710/710761p1.html

Tags
final fantasy, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360