AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-23, 16:46   Link #1921
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

It's pretty clear that Blizzard does not intend to let anyone complete inferno without uber gears.

But to be fair, the DH and Wiz nerfs are warranted.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 19:04   Link #1922
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Blizzard, when your Customer service line is full all day long, you have a freakin problem and FIX IT!

Apparently they think since they just got billions of dollars they can slack off.
Old 2012-05-23, 19:45   Link #1923
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
It's pretty clear that Blizzard does not intend to let anyone complete inferno without uber gears.

How they nerf Wizard? Im playing Wizard ( level 55 ) act II Hell and im not having any trouble/
Old 2012-05-23, 19:49   Link #1924
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
How they nerf Wizard? Im playing Wizard ( level 55 ) act II Hell and im not having any trouble/
It's not so much a nerf than correcting an oversight. They basically changed Force Armor so that it has a damage absorption cap based on your Wizard's maximum life.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-23, 20:15   Link #1925
Kinku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
It's not so much a nerf than correcting an oversight. They basically changed Force Armor so that it has a damage absorption cap based on your Wizard's maximum life.

Cheers.
Ahh IC thats why I didnt notice.. I never use Force Armor before.

My roomate is kinda piss off about the DH nerf though.
Old 2012-05-23, 20:19   Link #1926
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

30 seconds of invulnerability isn't fun, I guess.
Old 2012-05-23, 20:22   Link #1927
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Where are the recent patch notes anyway?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5825330

Goddamit Blizzard, stop nerfing things and get to my support ticket. For crying out loud, balance changes aren't nearly as important as ME.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 21:03   Link #1928
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Erm, what the shit. I timed out twice when buying shit from the Auction House, and my gold is gone with no item! At least I spent the rest on improvements.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 21:12   Link #1929
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It's amazing how much of difference in difficulty once I upgraded my gear to my current level using the AH, and it's not even Rare items, just regular magic items and I'm steamrolling everything again.

In fact, my only difficulty comes from fighting the mid-Act boss, but not because he was tough, but because I was trying not to kill his Guardians to get that achievement -_-;

(Probably shouldn't have used Disintegrate and Hydra...)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 21:20   Link #1930
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Erm, what the shit. I timed out twice when buying shit from the Auction House, and my gold is gone with no item! At least I spent the rest on improvements.
And now Auction House is down for repairs.

Blizzard asked for it. They forced everyone online so they could promote the AH, and now they couldn't handle the traffic they themselves forced upon the system.
Old 2012-05-23, 22:25   Link #1931
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post

Force armor was more of a gimmick than a exploit IMO. There are tons of drawbacks to having only 4k HP in Inferno mode. They nerfed Force Armor way too much, it should have been at least 200% of your max HP instead of 100%. Shit will still one shot your ass in Act 3 even with 50k HP. Gotta love Blizzard's terrible balancing abilities.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 22:27   Link #1932
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Blizzard asked for it. They forced everyone online so they could promote the AH, and now they couldn't handle the traffic they themselves forced upon the system.
Blizzard sold 6.3 million copies of Diablo 3, and it is the second fastest selling game of all time (behind Modern Warfare 3's 6.5 million spread across multiple platforms). This doesn't even include the 1.2 million "free" copies from the Annual Pass promotion. Source: Engadget

Suffice to say, Blizzards servers got hammered. People can complain, but the logistics of this launch are staggering. Most analysts were predicting D3 would sell that much in a year, not a week. Lifetime sales of D2 hover around 4 million and that game has been around for 12 years. As the cliched phrase goes, Blizzard was the victim of its own success.
Old 2012-05-23, 22:36   Link #1933
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Suffice to say, Blizzards servers got hammered. People can complain, but the logistics of this launch are staggering. Most analysts were predicting D3 would sell that much in a year, not a week. Lifetime sales of D2 hover around 4 million and that game has been around for 12 years. As the cliched phrase goes, Blizzard was the victim of its own success.
Yet again...

Since vanilla WoW release this has happened a lot.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 22:40   Link #1934
Kinku

All I have to say I paid 97 cents ( Canadain) because the dude from EB games input the wrong number on the debit machine and didnt even notice. Reg price is 62.97
Old 2012-05-23, 23:13   Link #1935
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I dunno about Canada, but getting short changed is everyday life 'round 'ere.
I'm not sure why you even brought that up.
Old 2012-05-23, 23:19   Link #1936
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Blizzard sold 6.3 million copies of Diablo 3, and it is the second fastest selling game of all time (behind Modern Warfare 3's 6.5 million spread across multiple platforms). This doesn't even include the 1.2 million "free" copies from the Annual Pass promotion. Source: Engadget

Let me repeat; people would complain less if they could play something when the servers are down. Blizzard is not a victim of anything; they want more Battlenet traffic, and they designed DIII to maximise Battlenet traffic. They GOT battlenet traffic.

Thus, it is their fault that their customers can't play the game they paid for.
Old 2012-05-24, 00:16   Link #1937
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

No, people will complain about everything and anything. We could live in Utopia and someone would complain that the sky isn't blue enough and that the weather is a touch too mild, and the birds chirp too damn much. And who the hell is playing those damn harps!?

I paid for the game too. I had minimal downtime from the servers, very little lag while playing and only a few times where the AH was down. I managed to complete Normal with no problems and am working through Nightmare at the moment when I have free time.

When the servers are down, do you know what I do? I shrug, figure Blizzard will fix it in a few, and go find something else to do. If for some reason the downtime lasts for a day or more, I know Blizzard is good enough to compensate me for it. Yeah I'll rage a bit, especially if I planned to play the whole day. But my life isn't so devoid of shit to do that if it ain't Diablo, I'm twiddling my thumbs.

If it was EA or SOE, I'd definitely be making some calls to CS, but I learned my lesson with those companies and decided to not do business with them. I voted with my dollars, and not with with my super awesome forum complaining skills.

Every time I see humans interact these days, I'm reminded of how prophetic Tseric really was.
Old 2012-05-24, 00:35   Link #1938
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Let me repeat; people would complain less if they could play something when the servers are down. Blizzard is not a victim of anything; they want more Battlenet traffic, and they designed DIII to maximise Battlenet traffic. They GOT battlenet traffic.

Thus, it is their fault that their customers can't play the game they paid for.
I'm pretty sure when people made a purchase for Diablo 3, they are all aware of such potential thing will happen. Various thread was made before launching time, saying they all expect Battle.net will fail at launch because it always happen with every game out there, yet when it really happened, the same people went to the forum and complain about it.

People won't complain less if there is no online requirement. It will move to the whining about duping/unbalancing/griefing/neglecting of the game.
Old 2012-05-24, 01:08   Link #1939
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
No, people will complain about everything and anything. We could live in Utopia and someone would complain that the sky isn't blue enough and that the weather is a touch too mild, and the birds chirp too damn much. And who the hell is playing those damn harps!?
I laughed about the last sentence . And I agree overall because should you by some circumstances not complain about the company, there's always the community as reason to rage. Or, if a game might be really flawless: "WTF Blizzard, I cannot find any drawback in *game x*, there MUST be something fishy/shady going on."
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 01:14   Link #1940
FateAnomaly

Well, its not always the same people who complains. Different people will complain about different things.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler