Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-10-03, 00:35   Link #6501
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
The update is just pertaining to another promotional video. The one that we first saw this past summer, the horrible cam one, is now available streaming.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 00:39   Link #6502
Exia_00
Gundam Meister

Send a message via MSN to Exia_00 Send a message via Yahoo to Exia_00
hmm in that nico vid 00 gun mode for the GN sword II seems pretty strong but then again two gn drives LOL hehe poor ahead being owned ps i just rego'd with nico ><

and ps to quote cf18 from another thread:

"Here is how to register at Nico Nico:
http://thenextweb.org/2008/01/15/how...co-nico-douga/"

if you wanted to rego
Old 2008-10-03, 02:14   Link #6503
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

omg omg really cool op song - can't wait can't wait

PS: anyone have youtube version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Edit: never mind I register at nico already

Last edited by Ardi220288; 2008-10-03 at 03:46.
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 02:45   Link #6504
ipernorris

What's special about 00 Gundam in your opinion? I think it may have perpetual Trans-Am System: when Gundam are in that state they're undefeatable, that's a given.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 03:30   Link #6505
Zero_Gravity
The Red Knight

Send a message via AIM to Zero_Gravity Send a message via MSN to Zero_Gravity Send a message via Yahoo to Zero_Gravity
I'm more along interested in seeing what becomes of the world renouned "peace" throughout the world and whats left, basically, I'm interested in Aftermaths.
Like with Gundam Wing "Peace went on, and the Gundams where never seen again", ok they basically assured me that no dingus with a new gundam ruins things.
Now Char's Counterattack not telling us what happened to Amuro and Char, THAT annoyed me.
I hate it when they leave you hanging and it's up to the audience, because in the event they DO reveal it, if I'm wrong, I feel stupid.

MAN I'd kill to see Saviour Gundam with the Trans-Am
Then Freedom would've been the butchered sheep
Zero_Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 03:33   Link #6506
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

For those who prefer youtube:

Gundam 00 S2 100-second Trailer

This was the trailer shown at the Gundam Expo a while back, but now in much better quality.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 03:40   Link #6507
Zero_Gravity
The Red Knight

Send a message via AIM to Zero_Gravity Send a message via MSN to Zero_Gravity Send a message via Yahoo to Zero_Gravity
Oh my goodness o_o
:: died ::

For anyone who didn't read the Info on the side there a link to download the MP3 of the song, it's the TV OP version so it's only a minute and a half long, but it'll satisfy me until then
Zero_Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 03:53   Link #6508
Solitude
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by console65 View Post
Hell Ya!!!

I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait!

Ep 26 is going to be AWESOME!!!

P.S. Notice no GN Drive on the right shoulder on 00 Gundam because it hasn't been taken from Exia and installed yet.
Erm, a little correction here; it's actually episode 1 instead of episode 26, since Second Season is more or less considered a different series, as confirmed in Newtype (the episode number, that is).
Solitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 04:00   Link #6509
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

some pictures from trailer 6

Spoiler for wow:

Spoiler for ouch:

Spoiler for told you so:

Last edited by Ardi220288; 2008-10-03 at 04:15.
Old 2008-10-03, 04:16   Link #6510
ElldenStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288 View Post
some pictures from trailer 6

Spoiler for wow:

Spoiler for ouch:

Spoiler for told you so:

Actually, it doesn't double the output. It squares it.

So it's not 1 + 1 = 2.

It's 2^2 = 4
ElldenStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 07:22   Link #6511
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

This was the trailer shown at the Gundam Expo a while back, but now in much better quality.
Nice. Finally able to see that trailer in good quality. Kick ass OP too!
Old 2008-10-03, 07:41   Link #6512
Ichimaru

Any of you guys read this article yet? its related to GUNDAM also....talks about the space elevator being built one day if they have the resources for it. Very interesting. Whats next GUNDAMS?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4799369.ece

Quote:
Japan hopes to turn sci-fi into reality with elevator to the stars
From The Times
September 22, 2008

Leo Lewis in Tokyo

From cyborg housemaids and waterpowered cars to dog translators and rocket boots, Japanese boffins have racked up plenty of near-misses in the quest to turn science fiction into reality.

Now the finest scientific minds of Japan are devoting themselves to cracking the greatest sci-fi vision of all: the space elevator. Man has so far conquered space by painfully and inefficiently blasting himself out of the atmosphere but the 21st century should bring a more leisurely ride to the final frontier.

For chemists, physicists, material scientists, astronauts and dreamers across the globe, the space elevator represents the most tantalising of concepts: cables stronger and lighter than any fibre yet woven, tethered to the ground and disappearing beyond the atmosphere to a satellite docking station in geosynchronous orbit above Earth.

Up and down the 22,000 mile-long (36,000km) cables — or flat ribbons — will run the elevator carriages, themselves requiring huge breakthroughs in engineering to which the biggest Japanese companies and universities have turned their collective attention.

In the carriages, the scientists behind the idea told The Times, could be any number of cargoes. A space elevator could carry people, huge solar-powered generators or even casks of radioactive waste. The point is that breaking free of Earth's gravity will no longer require so much energy — perhaps 100 times less than launching the space shuttle.

“Just like travelling abroad, anyone will be able to ride the elevator into space,” Shuichi Ono, chairman of the Japan Space Elevator Association, said.

The vision has inspired scientists around the world and government organisations including Nasa. Several competing space elevator projects are gathering pace as various groups vie to build practical carriages, tethers and the hundreds of other parts required to carry out the plan. There are prizes offered by space elevator-related scientific organisations for breakthroughs and competitions for the best and fastest design of carriage.

First envisioned by the celebrated master of science fiction, Arthur C. Clarke, in his 1979 work The Fountains of Paradise, the concept has all the best qualities of great science fiction: it is bold, it is a leap of imagination and it would change life as we know it.

Unlike the warp drives in Star Trek, or H.G. Wells's The Time Machine, the idea of the space elevator does not mess with the laws of science; it just presents a series of very, very complex engineering problems.

Japan is increasingly confident that its sprawling academic and industrial base can solve those issues, and has even put the astonishingly low price tag of a trillion yen (£5 billion) on building the elevator. Japan is renowned as a global leader in the precision engineering and high-quality material production without which the idea could never be possible.

The biggest obstacle lies in the cables. To extend the elevator to a stationary satellite from the Earth's surface would require twice that length of cable to reach a counterweight, ensuring that the cable maintains its tension.

The cable must be exceptionally light, staggeringly strong and able to withstand all projectiles thrown at it inside and outside the atmosphere. The answer, according to the groups working on designs, will lie in carbon nanotubes - microscopic particles that can be formed into fibres and whose mass production is now a focus of Japan's big textile companies.

According to Yoshio Aoki, a professor of precision machinery engineering at Nihon University and a director of the Japan Space Elevator Association, the cable would need to be about four times stronger than what is currently the strongest carbon nanotube fibre, or about 180 times stronger than steel. Pioneering work on carbon nanotubes in Cambridge has produced a strength improvement of about 100 times over the last five years.

Equally, there is the issue of powering the carriages as they climb into space. “We are thinking of using the technology employed in our bullet trains,” Professor Aoki said. “Carbon nanotubes are good conductors of electricity, so we are thinking of having a second cable to provide power all along the route.”

Japan is hosting an international conference in November to draw up a timetable for the machine.
i dont think money is an issue here, its just the required resources needed....
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 07:42   Link #6513
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
Any of you guys read this article yet? its related to GUNDAM also....talks about the space elevator being built one day if they have the resources for it. Very interesting. Whats next GUNDAMS?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4799369.ece

i dont think money is an issue here, its just the required resources needed....
Strip mine South America!
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 07:54   Link #6514
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
This is how 0 Riser & 00 Gundam gattai

Spoiler:

Gn Sword II act as beam sabers
Spoiler:
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 07:57   Link #6515
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

haah haah haah ( I'm already breathing hard seeing that beam saber) that's really sweet is that 1/100 version of the kit - I must get it!

PS: perhaps just me but the now Gundam 00 totally give different impression than that first ugly lineart

Last edited by Ardi220288; 2008-10-03 at 08:19.
Old 2008-10-03, 08:00   Link #6516
Scavenger
スカルリーダー

Send a message via MSN to Scavenger
It's the HCM pro one I guess.

I dig those big beam blades.

Too bad we're probably dead by the time the space elevator has been made.
Scavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 08:01   Link #6517
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

I think I am in heaven
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 08:11   Link #6518
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
2 more days to go!!!!! XD
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 08:13   Link #6519
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

... the 00 Gundam + 0-Riser looks exactly like how I expected it would...

And yet... it still looks so SPECTACULAR

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 08:19   Link #6520
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

Time to meet your maker Strike Freedom Muwahahahahahaha

Cox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers