Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-12-11, 14:00   Link #121
KingOfWorlds
The Destined One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
i dont think mass produced changes just become some of them are dead the fact remains that 5 people still learned a jutsu that was hyped to be so legendary
Rasengan was never legendary ... half the people Naruto used it on didnt even know what the hell it was except for the Sannin. Something like .... Kakashi's lightning blade .... people knew that technique. The Fourth's teleportation technique ... that can be classified as legendary ... as everybody knew what it was ... and he was feared and known all over because of it

Nobody knew about Rasengan ... hell it wasnt even a complete jutsu
KingOfWorlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 14:09   Link #122
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfWorlds View Post
Rasengan was never legendary ... half the people Naruto used it on didnt even know what the hell it was except for the Sannin. Something like .... Kakashi's lightning blade .... people knew that technique. The Fourth's teleportation technique ... that can be classified as legendary ... as everybody knew what it was ... and he was feared and known all over because of it

Nobody knew about Rasengan ... hell it wasnt even a complete jutsu
I'd still say it's BECOMING legendary...when Naruto first made it Tsunade was shocked, Kabuto got draped, then Oro tried to kill Naruto only after seeing Rasengan...

And whenever he uses any of the new variations, everyone is still pretty much amazed at how much chakra he puts into it.

How about we all agree that it is BECOMING a legendary move and leave it at that. The next generation will prolly look back and be like "WOW! That rasengan is godly."

Or everyone will be using it...at which point only it's creator will be legendary for making it.
Old 2008-12-11, 14:12   Link #123
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

It didn't have a chance to become legendary, as it prematurely ended when the 4th sacrificed himself before being able to finish it which Naruto is on the cusp of achieving, if not already achieved.
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 14:16   Link #124
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Maybe now that Pein has learned Naruto's location he'll leave. There's no need to mess around with Konoha anymore. Only problem for Pein is that Mt. Myobokuzan is supposed to be impossible to find unless you know the route and even then it takes a month to reach.
Is that so? No, it's not! Akatsuki is special, thus, a guy called Aloe Vera... I mean Zetsu is among them. I think he's shown to be able to reach any place on earth quite fast.
In addition, they have Jiraiya's body. Which body has ever been a more direct link to Myobokuzan than Jiraiya's?
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 14:40   Link #125
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuigetsuKun View Post
Is that so? No, it's not! Akatsuki is special, thus, a guy called Aloe Vera... I mean Zetsu is among them. I think he's shown to be able to reach any place on earth quite fast.
In addition, they have Jiraiya's body. Which body has ever been a more direct link to Myobokuzan than Jiraiya's?
While I do not believe that Akatsuki/Pain has Jiraiya's body, I do agree that it would be possible for them to use Jiraiya's body to find a way to Old Toad Mountain. In fact, that could become the next Akatsuki story arc: Find the Cadaver .

All the while, Naruto will train, Danzou will take over Konoha, and Sasuke will pout...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 14:44   Link #126
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfWorlds View Post
ok for one .... i dont ever remembering it being a secret jutsu, i dont EVER recall Jiraiya, Kakashi or anybody in the MANGA mention that it was a secret jutsu.

I mean i can see if Naruto, Jiraiya, Kakashi, The Fourth, AND Tsunade, Sakura, Sasuke, The Third, Orochimaru, Ebisu and Itachi could alllll use it .... then i would be pissed off ..... but only 2 CHARACTERS that are ALIVE in the NARUTO WORLD know how to do RASENGAN now.... ITS NOT THAT DAMN SERIOUS ... thats my point ... yall act like Konohamaru doing a rasengan ruined the damn manga ... IT DIDNT ....

Naruto learned it in a week .... Konohamaru learned it 3 FUCKIN YEARS
Naruto and Konohamaru aspire to HOKAGE
Konohamaru LOOKS UP to Naruto
Konohamaru is WAY MORE SERIOUS MINDED AND COMPREHEND THINGS WAYYYY BETTER than NARUTO ... so ...point is ... chill out ... its that fuckin bad that he learned the damn jutsu
-By "secret" I meant that only the few people connected to its creator, Yondaime Hokage, had the "rights" to use it. Kakashi I could tolerate because he never uses it in combat and he's a pupil of the Hokage in question. Konohamaru has, from my perspective, no place in this little line of succession. *Note: if you're going to argue this opinion of mine rest assured that I refuse to change it, just to give ya a head's up.

-OK perhaps the manga isn't ruined (though its still hanging on on by a thread), but the Rasengan jutsu is now basically child's play. You remember when Vegeta from DBZ saw his son Trunks achieve Super Saiyan like it was nothing and he made the comment of "Since when did the transformation of the legendary warrior of the Saiyan race been reduced to a child's plaything?". Well its the same situation now.

-Naruto: a chakra monster that uses the KB in order to try and land the Rasengan and its variations on his enemies. Didn't succeed on his 1st try. Success rate of these maneuvres is about 33%.

Konohamaru: not a chakra monster that uses the same method and succeeds on his first fucking try. Current success rate is 100%.

You tell me where in this sane universe that makes sense (excluding Bizzaro World).

Last edited by Luminion Lancer; 2008-12-11 at 15:03. Reason: spelling
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 14:44   Link #127
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
While I do not believe that Akatsuki/Pain has Jiraiya's body, I do agree that it would be possible for them to use Jiraiya's body to find a way to Old Toad Mountain. In fact, that could become the next Akatsuki story arc: Find the Cadaver .

All the while, Naruto will train, Danzou will take over Konoha, and Sasuke will pout...
While Pain is away, the Hidden Rain is taken over by Suigetsu. He has already transformed into the rain itself and sneaked in.
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
Old 2008-12-11, 14:48   Link #128
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-OK perhaps the manga isn't ruined (though its still hanging on on by a thread), but the Rasengan jutsu is now basically child's play. You remember when Begeta from DBZ saw his son Trunks achieve Super Saiyan like it was nothing and he made the comment of "Since when did the transformation of the legendary warrior of the Saiyan race been reduced to a child's plaything?". Well its the same situation now.
You sold me with this. Didn't even think of that...
Old 2008-12-11, 14:54   Link #129
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-You remember when Begeta from DBZ saw his son Trunks achieve Super Saiyan
NO I F****** DON'T, BUT I REMEMBER A GUY NAMED VEGETA, THE SAIYAN PRINCE AND HE HAD A SON NAMED TRUNKS!

And don't try to compare DBZ with Naruto, because DBZ had brilliant episodes, one by one, even if they consisted of powering-ups and screaming muscle guys.
Naruto fills everything up with pure stupidity. You can't serve people pure stupidity, you have to stretch it with screaming muscle guys or meaningless sparring...

Last edited by SuigetsuKun; 2008-12-11 at 15:10.
Old 2008-12-11, 14:57   Link #130
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
NO I F****** DON'T, BUT I REMEMBER A GUY NAMED VEGETA, THE SAIYAN PRINCE AND HE HAD A SON NAMED TRUNKS!

And don't try to compare DBZ with Naruto, because DBZ had brilliant episodes, one by one, even if they consisted of powering-ups and screaming muscle guys.
Naruto fills everything up with pure stupidity. You can't serve people pure stupidity, you have to stretch it with screaming muscle guys or meaningless sparing...
I think you mean "sparring."
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 14:59   Link #131
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

I think I'll skip over the Konohamaru parts. I think I'd rather Ino or Tenten hurt a Pain body with a rasengan.

Now I am getting disappointed that the fights will get cut short and Team Gai won't make it time. No reason for Pain to hang around unless he wants to draw Naruto out. And we still haven't seen the other characters. I guess Kishi is saving them for something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cael View Post
It's been rumored that Genma plays a big role in the upcoming event, either helping Konoha or helping Root. Feels like this is moving kinda fast now.
The rumor came from a joke. Oda and Kishimoto were at last year's Jump Festa. Also on the panel was Hiroaki Hirata who does Sanji's voice in One Piece and also does Genma in Naruto. He joked with Kishimoto that Genma should have a bigger role and Kishi jokingly agreed. That was it. They were just having fun. Next thing you know fake interviews, claiming to be from the Jump Festa, have Genma proving a great help to Konoha in the future. The only real Kishimoto interview from the Jump Festa never mentioned Genma.
Old 2008-12-11, 15:07   Link #132
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Well I always find those pathetic but this one seems particularly over the top. To be fair we should wait and read the chapter to see how exactly it went out but come on, you got to admit that Konohamaru of all people stopping cold one of Pain's bodies in his killing spree is an hilarious feat by itself.
Underestimating is a nice plot device to give a good chance to the much weaker to strike. I didn't like those cases either, but this case is the most logical. If you or most of those who posted here complaining about Konohamaru being useful were a kage-level ninja who faces Konohamaru you would all think that Konohamaru is a nobody and ignore him and thus being caught by the surprise rasengan. The evidence to this are all these posts where everybody complains about Konohamaru being able to use rasengan or kagebunshin, so you would obviously be careless.

Quote:
Beware Pain, ramen girl is out there as well.
How cool it would be if it turned out that she was Itachi's lover so Itachi couldn't kill her. Instead he cast a strong genjutsu on her mind to make her forget everything and think trat she's just an ordinary girl who has no talent for being a ninja, while in reality she was a jounin at age of 10. But Pain mindraping her also breaks Itachi's genjutsu and she fights on elite jounin level against Pain
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 15:13   Link #133
Negs

Quote:

damn calm down if the dude wrote out the katakan spelling of vegeta as it sounds in japanese...
Negs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 16:07   Link #134
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
I think you mean "sparring."
Oh wow, you are so amazing! You got that right! Thank you very much for correcting me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Now I am getting disappointed that the fights will get cut short and Team Gai won't make it time. No reason for Pain to hang around unless he wants to draw Naruto out. And we still haven't seen the other characters. I guess Kishi is saving them for something.
Kishimoto always wants to save characters for later, then he forgets about them totally, but he has excuses for that one, because these are most likely the characters who lost in the chuunin preliminaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
The rumor came from a joke. Oda and Kishimoto were at last year's Jump Festa. Also on the panel was Hiroaki Hirata who does Sanji's voice in One Piece and also does Genma in Naruto. He joked with Kishimoto that Genma should have a bigger role and Kishi jokingly agreed. That was it. They were just having fun. Next thing you know fake interviews, claiming to be from the Jump Festa, have Genma proving a great help to Konoha in the future. The only real Kishimoto interview from the Jump Festa never mentioned Genma.
I am astounded you are that well informed. Where did you get that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Underestimating is a nice plot device to give a good chance to the much weaker to strike. I didn't like those cases either, but this case is the most logical. If you or most of those who posted here complaining about Konohamaru being useful were a kage-level ninja who faces Konohamaru you would all think that Konohamaru is a nobody and ignore him and thus being caught by the surprise rasengan. The evidence to this are all these posts where everybody complains about Konohamaru being able to use rasengan or kagebunshin, so you would obviously be careless.
Pretty good argument. Maybe I would blast him like Orochimaru uses to do it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
How cool it would be if it turned out that she was Itachi's lover so Itachi couldn't kill her. Instead he cast a strong genjutsu on her mind to make her forget everything and think trat she's just an ordinary girl who has no talent for being a ninja, while in reality she was a jounin at age of 10. But Pain mindraping her also breaks Itachi's genjutsu and she fights on elite jounin level against Pain
Well, that reminds me of the ridiculous picture thread...
Old 2008-12-11, 17:39   Link #135
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
I really like Konohamaru, yet I can't imagine him to compare with Naruto. He might really get one of the strongest Jounin of Konoha and he might follow in Naruto's footsteps, but seriously, guys, seriously... In the first place, Sasuke is Naruto's rival. Making Konohamaru his rival would either be a vast downgrade for Naruto or Konohamaru would be heads up with Sasuke, thus be a serious opponent for Pain.
I give him credit for the guts to never give up, no matter if the odds aren't in your favour.
Old 2008-12-11, 18:27   Link #136
nitteo
blah blah blah

I cant wait to see Dynamic Entry!!!
nitteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 18:35   Link #137
LeoThugs
Ero Sennin the Second

Send a message via Yahoo to LeoThugs
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
The problem is not that konohameru is able to do rasengan but that he can do it one-handed instead of using a kage-bunshin like naruto did. As far as i know naruto never showed the skill to do it one-handed, therefore konohameru has surpassed naruto. (If i'm right)
the only reeason konohomaru can do it one handed is because he can't do Kage Bunshin.
LeoThugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 18:36   Link #138
nitteo
blah blah blah

I also wonder if Konohamaru can summon Monkeys/Gorillas and ultimately the Monkey King?
nitteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 19:10   Link #139
crescent_essence
The Best of the Best.

Send a message via MSN to crescent_essence
Quote:
Yes just like Sasuke and Sakura can do it but they just don't feel like using it.
That one cracked me up, for some strange reason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
My god, we need a new thread, "Konohamaru: Genius Beyond Immagination", or whatever that similar titled Sasuke thread was called.
And yet another hilight of my night. It'd be real funny if I actually logged on and saw this thread up there as a prank. LOL. Too bad the mods don't let anybody create threads anymore. Would've been fun, too.
-----

Listen: The reason I'm upset with this development is not because of Konohamaru's boost, but because I like Pain a whole lot. I LIKED the way he looked uber cool in chapter 329 on the Last page where he was explaining his ambitions within Akatsuki.

I enjoyed the way her calmly took on Jiraiya, and looked cool to the very end. I love the way he moves like real NINJA, and takes advantage of his opponents' weaknesses, attacks from behind, etc.

I love the way he keeps his mind on the mission, and doesn't waste time on sentimental talk. It was cool to see him cut Jiraiya off mid sentence, when they just met up in the Hidden Rain, and said that Jiraiya was an 'outsider', and left his secrets as, well, secrets.

I liked his invincible thing...like how he just nonchalently got back up after jiraiya plainly fatally stabbed three of his bodies...

They just GOT BACK UP!!! That was AWESOME.

How he just has this calculated, I-know-I'm-just -Superior thing, and you know you just can't touch him...the guy just suddenly revived himself after a sure death -blow.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED his whole Deity-complex. And how casually he upheld it, not for one moment showing a flicker doubt, knowing that he's powerful enough to say it, and that's just that.

It was original, and sickly cool.His 'Rep-up' Background stories were killer-cool, too. He killed the famous salamander Hanzou, who fought Jiraiya, Orochimaru AND Tsunade at the same time, and lived. He destroyed a whole Hidden Village.

Go back and re-read chapter 369. Go over pages 13-14 again...how the guy talks about Pain's merciless judgement of those who stand against him...like a demi-god. Cool!! He was repped up t be something...horribly out of the range of imagination powerful.

And by flecking up jiraiya and losing only one body permanently, (And look at that: now he's going to regain it.) and using all those cool summons...the air of mystery surrounding the Eyes of the First Ninja...

Wow...

And then he comes to Konoha, and I expected him to literally walk all over them. But Konohamaru handles one? Nah...

That's nonsense. Kakashi was understandbale. You can't have Kakashi die without taking something cool to rep his death out with. One whole Pein body is good enough for me.

Tsunade is a Kage, and as much as I believe she is weak, like Sakura, and that jiraiya should have been given the role instead, she should be given something to hold on to, if only to keep the Sannin looking top class. Plus she has four whole ANBU. IT won't be Hax. I'd accept it.

It'd be great to see the Hyuuga clan step out, too...and think about how cool it'd be to see Hiashi take the Front Line? Awesome. Imagine: Hyuuga Front Line on the move: Hiashi-sama, Hanabi-sama, Hinata-sama, and Neji-dono all take a body at once. Not bad.

But not Konohamaru...even with Rasengan...nah...

Anyway: IT want tos ee the desperation in their faces when Kishi repairs this (crosses fingers) and makes the bodies all just revive again, just like they did for Jiraiya.

After everyone's already gone all out...Summoning Pein pulls out the biggest, freakiest, gangsterest, shiznit ever...and Yahiko Pein just forms seals and you see the whole ground shaking, and buildings sexplode for hundreds of meters. And all the Peins start to show their stuff, and they get really serious.

WICKED!!! Go Pein-kami-sama!!! Pass divine judgement on the foolish mortals in Konoha who defy you!!!...

Okay...Ijust ranted quite a lot there...
crescent_essence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 19:15   Link #140
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by crescent_essence View Post

But not Konohamaru...even with Rasengan...nah...

Anyway: IT want tos ee the desperation in their faces when Kishi repairs this (crosses fingers) and makes the bodies all just revive again, just like they did for Jiraiya.
Well, who said that Konahamaru killed the pain body? Maybe he just sort of... surprised it?
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote