AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-15, 14:29   Link #181
Finalage
*Author

Politics? Hah, maybe. I don't delve into "politics" so much as exploring how deep a rabbit hole tends to go. I like taking the few characters I focus on and running with them, exploring their personalities and poking their ideas of right and wrong, but I suppose you could call that politics too, in a way.

Ehh. I try to make them like any other person on the street. Problems, sacrifices, thoughts, victories, losses, loves, racing blood. I can't say I've quite gotten there yet, but I've gotten as close as I can at the moment, I think...now if only I would learn how to type properly.

(Not speed, accuracy. I can go nearly sixty wpm if I want, but in that kind of zone, my accuracy fails.)
Old 2010-07-16, 00:11   Link #182
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
I suppose I got politics in my fic, but it's one of the things I'm told to make it interesting. Politics is awful, everybody that doesn't know how it works, hate it. Everybody who does know how it works, also hate it. I merely wanted to show this to others, as well.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Old 2010-07-17, 23:03   Link #183
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

Backlog! I fears it! And, yet, I'm attempting to breach it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merctrin View Post
New chapter. Yay.

Prequel
Prologue
Day 1
Day 2

Spoiler for Day 6:

Spoiler for Notes:

(In case it isn't immediately remembered, Tsuji is a character that appears in two panels of the 10th volume. If he shows up anywhere else, I haven't been paying enough attention to notice.)

Thanks a lot for reading.
Tsukuyomi just keeps getting interesting and... very disturbing. Her plan to destroy the Seal is also smart but dangerous... although as hot headed as Asuna is I don't think she'd opt for a killing blow she's proven she's kind of emotionally adept when it comes to people. And seems to be living off the philosophy Nagi and Gatou left her: 'Everyone has the right to be happy'. Although at the moment I think Asuna's operating on 'she's freaking me out and I want her gone' mindset.

(Although, Tsukuyomi's observation about Asuna not being so worked up about having Luna around is interesting. I can't wait to see how Asuna in the manga would react to Luna. That can't be comfortable.)

I really feel for Setsuna, having to deal with a sociopath like Tskuyomi is very draining it's a good thing she does have a world outside of that job otherwise she'd have a breakdown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Late here, so sorry for the short review . But I think that the characterization is perfect, it's moving along at a nice, believable pace. I'm so spell-bound by the Setsuna/Tsukuyomi interaction, and by the characters' thoughts on each other even if they're alone: amazing detail of how Tsukuyomi observed that spending time with Konoka comforts Setsuna, and how Setsuna is more preoccupied in her thoughts with Tsukuyomi rather than Konoka...such beautifully subtle things that do an amazing job of making the characters so interesting.

On another note, here's a short thought-piece from Konoka about her friendships, with a little about Asuna's own friendships.

Spoiler for The Million Little Things of Friendship:

Spoiler for Random note:
I like this... I really like Konoka and Asuna contemplating the word 'best friend', especially since Negima is so good about female friendships and seeing their thoughts about it is really fascinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurush View Post
I suppose I got politics in my fic, but it's one of the things I'm told to make it interesting. Politics is awful, everybody that doesn't know how it works, hate it. Everybody who does know how it works, also hate it. I merely wanted to show this to others, as well.
I'm trying to start reading your story. I noticed you mentioned that 'Power of the Mind' is a multi-crossover.. would I need any prior knowledge to the fandoms you've crossed over with Negima?
Old 2010-07-17, 23:15   Link #184
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

I'm currently doing a series of mini-crackfics around a common theme at the Negima thread of the TV Tropes Forums. Once I have them all done, I'd like to post them all here, but is it needed to post all fic pieces with spoiler tags? Because everyone else either does that or puts a link.

I'm willing to post the whole thing under spoilers if I need to, but first I'd like to know if that's the expected thing to do.
Old 2010-07-17, 23:22   Link #185
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

reason to put it under spoiler is not so much to actually keep people from getting spoiled, but rather to make sure that the thread aren't several miles long per page as you load it
Old 2010-07-17, 23:31   Link #186
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sian View Post
reason to put it under spoiler is not so much to actually keep people from getting spoiled, but rather to make sure that the thread aren't several miles long per page as you load it
Makes sense.
Old 2010-07-18, 00:27   Link #187
Kurush

Quote:
Originally Posted by isagrimorie View Post

I'm trying to start reading your story. I noticed you mentioned that 'Power of the Mind' is a multi-crossover.. would I need any prior knowledge to the fandoms you've crossed over with Negima?
Well, I haven't compiled a full list on what is in the fic, but so far, you'll probably want prior knowledge of these.

Spoiler for Crossovers:

These are the ones so far. I haven't introduced all the characters from the first three and I replaced the original Servants and put them up with other people from other places. I will however, introduce later on, the rest of the cast from the first and the third fandoms.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Old 2010-07-19, 16:05   Link #188
Finalage
*Author

I don't mean to bother with my interjection, but I have put my newest chapter up, and I am approaching the end of my run for ths fic...

Chapter fifty seven is up. (Such a large number for chapter count...)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5366768/...plied_Approach

Spoiler for snip snip:

I warn yee, Tsukuyomi might seem a bit...overbearing.

This thing is approaching the five hundred thousand word mark...I typed that much nonsense in less than a year? Hard to believe...Kurush, unfortunately for me, that list is completely alien to me, except for the name of Hayate, I knew nothing else. I feel quite limited right now...
Old 2010-07-19, 16:15   Link #189
Kurush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalage View Post
Kurush, unfortunately for me, that list is completely alien to me, except for the name of Hayate, I knew nothing else. I feel quite limited right now...
Go on TV Wiki, or the other Wiki for information, or ask deathcurse regarding Nanoha. I don't intend to explain everything for you guys here.

Me busy finking out how make good NegixTheo-hime haneymoon stuffed with assassins, larking about and cool big robots with more dakka.

Old 2010-07-19, 20:42   Link #190
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurush View Post
Well, I haven't compiled a full list on what is in the fic, but so far, you'll probably want prior knowledge of these.

Spoiler for Crossovers:

These are the ones so far. I haven't introduced all the characters from the first three and I replaced the original Servants and put them up with other people from other places. I will however, introduce later on, the rest of the cast from the first and the third fandoms.
Thanks for the guide... I think Nanoha is the only one I really know, Hayate, Dungeons & Dragons, FSN and Lost are all things I know through fannish osmosis but I think with your list I can look things up so I won't be so lost.
Old 2010-07-23, 00:42   Link #191
Kurush

I've just put up chapter 38. Finally, I can bring the story to a full round and stop with the big flashback.

Old 2010-07-25, 22:27   Link #192
Slilent Type

Hello, I just joined. I am working on a Nodoka centric fanfiction called Mentality. It is a scify and maybe reclassified as a multi-crossover, and am sorta stuck thanks to what I'd classify as a worst case situation during the events around Volume 24-25.

Spoiler for the situation:

Spoiler for the problem:

any help would be great.

My current work
Old 2010-07-26, 08:21   Link #193
Finalage
*Author

Hmm...based on what you claimed, my insane mind spins an answer, but then again, I'm just the insane dude over here...you're welcome to look at it though...

Spoiler for Help?:

Besides that, I'd have to read your story in full to say anything more accurate/more useful... does this help any?

Last edited by Finalage; 2010-07-26 at 08:33.
Old 2010-07-26, 22:44   Link #194
Slilent Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalage View Post
Hmm...based on what you claimed, my insane mind spins an answer, but then again, I'm just the insane dude over here...you're welcome to look at it though...

Spoiler for Help?:

Besides that, I'd have to read your story in full to say anything more accurate/more useful... does this help any?
Thanks, most of that goes along the lines I was thinking although I am confused two points.

Spoiler for the two points::

My current work
Old 2010-07-27, 01:21   Link #195
Kurush

Yeah, I got a bit confused there as well. Negi using Kanka? Since when was that official?

Old 2010-07-27, 07:45   Link #196
Finalage
*Author

It wasn't.

It isn't quite clear that he actually uses it, but he refers to it in his training times as a kind of dream of his being closer upon reality, mastery wise...but the whole thing went kaput when he went to the magical world and tried the quick way instead.

However, all the synthesis is still there. It's like I said...

"...this a prime time for him to expand upon that art, which could be difficult, seeing as it is an opposite from the other..."

I suppose I confused some by saying that he had it, when in fact I meant he had the groundwork for it, sorry there, I was working at the same time I was typing on dismantling a computer room.

He has martial arts, the way of finding inner peace, the experience in controling energy from magic and the war song...if he can get a grip on his emotions using these tools...making himself nothing, being one with the world instead of singling himself only and tuning the world out should be easy...he is a technical genius after all...but I'm not saying it would be easy...then where would the fun be?!

As for the Nodoka bit, yes, I mean the seals. Don't they have to be powered by something...and don't they have a slight energy signature? Or are they one hundred percent efficient and untracable?
Old 2010-07-27, 18:26   Link #197
Slilent Type

Spoiler for Response (maybe long):

My current work
Old 2010-07-27, 21:53   Link #198
Finalage
*Author

Okay then looking over what you said, my own response may seem long then...but here we go!

Spoiler:

That help any?

Actually, now that I think of it, I just gained a startling revalation as to how Negi could help with this...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Finalage; 2010-07-28 at 09:55.
Old 2010-07-28, 14:17   Link #199
Slilent Type

Ok, first off thank you for the help so far I think I've come up with a way to handel the fighting style thanks to you, but there seems to be some miscommunication.

Spoiler for misunderstanding:

My current work
Old 2010-07-28, 14:49   Link #200
Finalage
*Author

Always willing to lend a hand...as for the worries...

You could have Asuna and Anya enter in a bit later on if you fear too soon might be bad for your stories health. Those two together can provide a strong force into something...

As for how doubtful to make the others...don't go too deep off either end. Perhaps if you had them split over the idea, it might cause some interesting internal conflict between them all. Some of them doubtful, others believing, in-fighting would strengthen the situation's intensity without having too much hopelessness or unrealism.

There's always that: "Ha, I told you so!" line to throw in.

Tis' up to you though.