AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-05-20, 21:16   Link #1181
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

It really doesn't surprise me the things that Erica can do. She has many qualities for people to mistake her for a Pure Goddess, but has enough unnerving things to make you think otherwise. Despite being in the same class with Godou, she is probably Smarter than the teachers or Professors there.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 21:18   Link #1182
whsie

^^^ That's a fair assessment. Isse is someone who taps into his inner emotions to get the power he needs. Godou is a tactician who looks for any openings in his or her opponent.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 21:40   Link #1183
Clue
nMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
It really doesn't surprise me the things that Erica can do. She has many qualities for people to mistake her for a Pure Goddess, but has enough unnerving things to make you think otherwise. Despite being in the same class with Godou, she is probably Smarter than the teachers or Professors there.
Although the definition of genius is interchangeable (she is considered to be one)
to be a genius you have to score a 140IQ or above(this is taking in consideration
the most widely renown Iq test the Stanford-Binet). If we factor that in, her mental
age should be anywhere over 1.4 times her current age, which would make her at least
as intelligent as the average 22 years old. But this argument is biased since there's too many
unknowns, and the definition of intelligence is very broad. All we can conclude is that it should
be a given that Erica is much more intelligent and strong then her peers since she is involved
into fighting against god level opponents(this can also be said regarding Yuri, Godou, and Liliana if we
take into account basic Darwinism).
Old 2012-05-20, 21:50   Link #1184
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well considering Yuri, Ena, Liliana, and Erica being in an organization where it is essential to know Gods, Mythology, and anything unnatural to the world it is understandable they are very smart. Godou on the other hand gets his knowledge through, well despite saying unfortunate, through intense kissing. I gotten kisses like that and I say it is nowhere near unfortunate. Oh I know I am not suppose to say this, but the translations updates are very slow now despite Chinese Translation are all complete of the Novel.
Old 2012-05-20, 22:02   Link #1185
Clue
nMe

Quote:
Well considering Yuri, Ena, Liliana, and Erica being in an organization where it is essential to know Gods, Mythology, and anything unnatural to the world it is understandable they are very smart. Godou on the other hand gets his knowledge through, well despite saying unfortunate, through intense kissing. I gotten kisses like that and I say it is nowhere near unfortunate. Oh I know I am not suppose to say this, but the translations updates are very slow now despite Chinese Translation are all complete of the Novel.
I would say it's not so much knowledge that makes up a genius it is more in the ability to adapt by using knowledge. Anyone can gain info and then forget it, but only a few can retain and use to their benefit when the time comes. That's why Godou is a genius, he is able to analyze the enemy's strength by taking into account previous knowledge, then he also takes into consideration his own logistics which in conclusion lead to development of a plan that will grant him victory. This is very unrealistic though, since 100% victory against a genius or a more powerful and knowledgeable opponent is very uncertain and in terms of probability its almost nil, which brings either rationalizations on the authors part by creating certain conditions to aid the MC or Luck(both are main pillars in shounen/seinen mangas or Lns...)
Old 2012-05-20, 22:12   Link #1186
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

On your post of Darwinism, this applies here. Charles Darwin said it isn't the animals who have the best attributes that survive, but it is the animals who adapts the best. It applies to pretty much everything in the world. If you can't cook buy fast food (Do not recommend this, learn how to cook), if you can't learn your studies the conventional way learn it in a unconventional way, if you can't win against an opponent with your usual style of fighting, change up the ways you face your opponents, and this could go on and on. Adaptation, everything can adapt.
Old 2012-05-20, 22:22   Link #1187
Clue
nMe

Quote:
On your post of Darwinism, this applies here. Charles Darwin said it isn't the animals who have the best attributes that survive, but it is the animals who adapts the best. It applies to pretty much everything in the world. If you can't cook buy fast food (Do not recommend this, learn how to cook), if you can't learn your studies the conventional way learn it in a unconventional way, if you can't win against an opponent with your usual style of fighting, change up the ways you face your opponents, and this could go on and on. Adaptation, everything can adapt.
Everyone can adapt but the difference between a genius and "the average" is the rate of adaptation. What takes a genius a couple seconds might take "the average" hours. Time is essential regarding every aspect of life not only that but the fact that it is a depletable self-resource makes it precious.

Last edited by Clue; 2012-05-20 at 23:16.
Clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 22:27   Link #1188
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

The ones who best adapts survives, it is just as simple. We humans couldn't catch animals in our primitive years so we developed spears, bow and arrows, and etc. Being best to adapt means finding the best solution or the shortest amount of time. In Campione! it is safe to say Godou pretty much gets his butt kicked a lot, yet he survives to fight again by doing the smart thing by pulling out and trying to find new strategy. Despite being a God Killing and all other among things, he is like us in many ways in terms of humans and beings.
Old 2012-05-21, 01:16   Link #1189
G0rd0

Hey just started to read this novel today and just wanted to ask a question can anyone become a campione in volume 3 chapter 1 wen Erica talks with her uncle he asks her if she wanted to become a campione sorry for my bad English thank you
G0rd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 01:29   Link #1190
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

damn translation just stopped dead And no summarys...

ZZHK save us again!! lol

Im loving this Ena character just from the bits of vol5 that i have read which isnt much....
Old 2012-05-21, 01:47   Link #1191
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.E.E.T.14 View Post
Hey just started to read this novel today and just wanted to ask a question can anyone become a campione in volume 3 chapter 1 wen Erica talks with her uncle he asks her if she wanted to become a campione sorry for my bad English thank you
anyone can, But the problem with becoming one is killing a GOD which is almost impossible without miracles and luck(many of em). so thats why some are only able to become campione's while others....well die XD
Old 2012-05-21, 01:56   Link #1192
G0rd0

Thanks Riki for answering it was bothering me
G0rd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 07:28   Link #1193
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

imagine fighting an M1 Abrams with a spear...ALONE
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 16:08   Link #1194
Clue
nMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
damn translation just stopped dead And no summarys...

ZZHK save us again!! lol

Im loving this Ena character just from the bits of vol5 that i have read which isnt much....
Hopefully zzhk gets back to translating this after he finishes the 9th volume of Hs DxD.
Either way i'd rather see zzhk translate Campione considering the extensive translations and summaries regarding hs dxd. We got enough info about DxD, personally i would like to see some Campione.
Old 2012-05-21, 17:09   Link #1195
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Don't wanna sound to intrusive but who is doing vol 3 again??
Old 2012-05-21, 17:37   Link #1196
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Don't wanna sound to intrusive but who is doing vol 3 again??
I believe that it's Sana.
Old 2012-05-21, 18:04   Link #1197
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
I believe that it's Sana.
Correct.
Sana is doing v3 and some lady whom doesnt want to be known except by Kadi is doing v5. I believe they're doing Jap-Eng trans. Also, i believe chinese is Zzhk's mother tongue/2nd language so technically he should ne faster then most translators
Old 2012-05-21, 18:06   Link #1198
Athena
The Power of One

(And Aorii is taking care of the fourth one.)

BOT, how many volumes do you think Campione will run on?
Old 2012-05-21, 21:27   Link #1199
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
(And Aorii is taking care of the fourth one.)

BOT, how many volumes do you think Campione will run on?
I would think it should reach at least 17, but I'd like it to get to 20
Old 2012-05-21, 21:54   Link #1200
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

16 is my bet. With the finale wrapping up the Slayer

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem