Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2014-01-08, 06:21   Link #7321
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I thought 21 was average. Thanks so much, I just came because I was bothered by a little gum pain and now I have to go to sleep worrying whether I'll be able to make it through uni in time.

What're the likely price points? I remember people complaining about the ridiculous costs of dental work and that worries me, as much as I like my IQ where it is I don't have a spare coupla grand to drop..
I have absolutely no idea what the cost of dental care is in New Zealand, so I am unable to answer your query on the costs. You will need to go your local dental clinic and find out, or get a friend to help you find out.

Over here, back in 2007, it cost me $80 for one upper extraction, and $450 for one lower extraction. Mine was a pretty straightforward case though, as the wisdom teeth emerged vertically. Had it been crooked, the resulting required surgery would have cost more.

In any case, just go see a dentist. He/she will be more qualified to answer whatever dental-related questions you might have.

Cheers.
Old 2014-01-08, 12:06   Link #7322
monster

I went to a dentist when I was having a toothache, and 5 minutes later the pain was gone. He never even told me that he was going to pull my tooth out, but at least it didn't hurt, probably from anesthesia, and the toothache was immediately gone with the tooth.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 16:26   Link #7323
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Ehhh..is getting them yanked out really the only way? I'm already somewhat apprehensive about visiting the dentist, I need to be in a mental state when I have the courage to keep going back later down the track you know?

More seriously- It seems you guys did get them extracted? Is it something people normally do? Are there any medical implications if you don't?
I never have them extracted. Why removed the proof of your wisdom? Pain is part of growing up.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 10:14   Link #7324
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
I never have them extracted. Why removed the proof of your wisdom? Pain is part of growing up.
Because they are bullys and shove your other theeth into each other until they are all bunched up in the front.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 14:20   Link #7325
Sumeragi
Banned

Something I've been working on:

Assuming this is a B-29 class bomber, how functional would a pusher turboprop be with 1940s technology? Any help with attempting a realistic development of such an engine would be appreciated.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 20:58   Link #7326
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Something I've been working on:

Assuming this is a B-29 class bomber, how functional would a pusher turboprop be with 1940s technology? Any help with attempting a realistic development of such an engine would be appreciated.
You might want to refer to the Convair B-36 for some cross references.

Remember, engines are only responsible for the flight capability with the weight, if you are taking functionality into account, you have to provide the use for the aircraft (i.e Mission types, etc.)

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 21:29   Link #7327
Sumeragi
Banned

Already said it: B-29 level heavy bomber. It'll be aiming at the Ural/Siberian industrial regions from Mongolia, so high-altitude strategic bombing, preferable at night-time.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 23:41   Link #7328
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
Because they are bullys and shove your other theeth into each other until they are all bunched up in the front.
What? They grow in the front? Mine are on the back.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 01:28   Link #7329
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

What is Silk? And why Animesuki is using it?
Old 2014-01-15, 01:58   Link #7330
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
What is Silk? And why Animesuki is using it?
Silk apparently provides a set of icons for free.
Old 2014-01-15, 05:31   Link #7331
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Can anyone tell me more about Obamacare and how I can afford it?
Old 2014-01-15, 08:26   Link #7332
Zakoo

There's a whole thread about it somewhere in this section. I believe it's called "future of US healthcare"
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 09:34   Link #7333
Tiberium Wolf

Can anyone tell me where exactly in google maps in this mountain in Oregon?
Old 2014-01-15, 10:06   Link #7334
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Can anyone tell me where exactly in google maps in this mountain in Oregon?
The image file says it's a picture of Portland.
Old 2014-01-15, 10:19   Link #7335
Tiberium Wolf

Oh! I didn't think in looking at the image info.
Old 2014-01-18, 04:47   Link #7336
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Portland, Oregon seems real nice for a city.
Old 2014-01-18, 19:11   Link #7337
Tiberium Wolf

Not in my opinion. It's too damn close to 2 volcanoes.
Old 2014-01-22, 16:43   Link #7338
Seitsuki
Onee!

Um, another question. I'm going back to visit my relatives for the first time in about a decade and I'm kinda nervous as to how to go about greeting them. When I was 10 I could just run around doing whatever but now I feel like I need to be more...proper. I suppose it's still ok to hug older female relatives like my grandmother? At what age does it become inappropriate to do that? What to do then? What about the males, do I just greet them verbally or do handshakes or what? I don't think I should be too formal and they are Asian with the whole emphasis on family but I haven't seen them for so long and what if some of them suddenly have kids or something what kind of random small talk would be appropriate? Any help appreciated..
Old 2014-01-23, 01:47   Link #7339
oompa loompa

Quote:
Um, another question. I'm going back to visit my relatives for the first time in about a decade and I'm kinda nervous as to how to go about greeting them. When I was 10 I could just run around doing whatever but now I feel like I need to be more...proper. I suppose it's still ok to hug older female relatives like my grandmother? At what age does it become inappropriate to do that? What to do then? What about the males, do I just greet them verbally or do handshakes or what? I don't think I should be too formal and they are Asian with the whole emphasis on family but I haven't seen them for so long and what if some of them suddenly have kids or something what kind of random small talk would be appropriate? Any help appreciated..
Dude. They're real family, and probably love you a whole lot. My grandmom might bitch slap me if I tried to shake her hand instead of hugging her. I would say, definitely give a hug to your grandmom. For other relatives the court is out, but come on, you're only being friendly to your FAMILY.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 01:58   Link #7340
monster

I didn't know there was any culture where it could ever become inappropriate for relatives to hug, especially after not having seen each other for a long time.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious