AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 58 51.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 30.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 9.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.88%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.77%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-05, 07:49   Link #221
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

great great ep. The vajra on frontier is creepy with it's new "limbs". To me it foreshadows Nanasae getting eaten :P

Vajra queen also mighty creepy but doesn't seem to have any strong defense abilities.

Ranka = vajra queen ??? I remember when I saw that rumor a long time ago and thought, "pheff, no way that can be true." Now i'm not so sure

With the planet getting blown up I guess we can safely assume mister rebel zentran won't be fighting Alto again later :P

Lastly, awesome dog fighting in this ep, but gotta question why no missiles?
Old 2008-07-05, 07:59   Link #222
Tabris

Just bearing an uncanny resembelance to Quamzim should give you the powers of immortality.
Old 2008-07-05, 08:08   Link #223
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I don't know about a Plus tie-in, because the whole incident was rather small in scope. Basically, an AI went berserk and a few pilots were involved. While stuff like in Zero, they basically found a new alien race after the Macross contact.
The thing is that Grace seems to be an A.I of sorts since she can change bodies and all that, now where in the frachise have we seen an A.I that can think for itself?
Old 2008-07-05, 08:10   Link #224
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

You know I like the AI angle. There has to be some motivation why she wants to spread the cycle of hate. My thought, AI's don't understand culture.
Old 2008-07-05, 09:07   Link #225
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
The thing is that Grace seems to be an A.I of sorts since she can change bodies and all that, now where in the frachise have we seen an A.I that can think for itself?
I agree. I just said that the last page. It's just that in the history of Macross, you'd think the AI blunder was more like an aberration than anything to be proud of and make a movie about like in Zero (I guess some of the characters in Zero came out of it with a story to tell, especially with Doctor Mao). I mean, the struggles in Plus were a bit more personal in a sense that's all.
Old 2008-07-05, 09:39   Link #226
ReddyRedWolf

But prior to Sharon Apple there must have been a less serious incident involving AI becoming dangerous.

In Plus they established the reason why emotion chips were deemed illegal.

Self preservation instinct and irrationality were the established symptoms of a dangerous AI.

At the time of Plus people were welcoming the posibility of self aware AI but there was a technological barrier they can't cross without emotion chips.

Due to Sharon Apple those welcoming attitudes became fear and hostility to the idea of self aware machines and also certain interface technologies they wouldn't touch till Macross Galaxy came to be.
Old 2008-07-05, 09:44   Link #227
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

There's another thought, in that maybe Grace was like those people in ghost in the shell where their real body was destroyed and so they're nothing more than "living" AI. Would make sense considering how some fleets outlaw cybernetics.
Old 2008-07-05, 09:51   Link #228
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

She said quite specifically that she will contact Brera again. Its a good enough indication that ep. 13 is not the end to Grace, and the possibility of her switching bodies may be quite high indeed.

- Tak
Old 2008-07-05, 12:38   Link #229
Westlo
Lets be reality

I really hope we get to see the Battle Frontier/25 in action next episode.
Old 2008-07-05, 13:13   Link #230
ReddyRedWolf

Indeed to see how different it is from Battle 7 and Macross 13.

New Macross class variants.
Old 2008-07-05, 15:25   Link #231
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Regardless of what people think of Basara, I somehow miss Battle 7. . . . .

If it ever made a cameo, I mean, just one friggin' time. . .

- Tak
Old 2008-07-05, 19:40   Link #232
ReddyRedWolf

Ah the new Battle 7 seen being constructed in Dynamite.

The only way I can see that is Macross 7 already established a colony of their own and NUNS headquarters on Earth, in the real SDF-1, sends them as reinforcements to Frontier or as a search and rescue fleet for Galaxy.
Old 2008-07-05, 20:30   Link #233
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
Can anyone explain to me why is that pregnancy tag in this thread again?
I added it for irony... I hope it is not the case but the general idea is that Ranka is giving birth to a new Vajra baby!
Old 2008-07-05, 22:12   Link #234
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

^It's not really pregnancy but pregnacy

Speaking of Battle 7, I like how it looks like a limo. Max sure has a good sense of style.
Old 2008-07-05, 22:26   Link #235
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Im not sure if this in the tread yet but did anyone notice that the Dimension Eater was made by LAI <.< how would Grace get a hold of that and why did they create such a thing. Maybe some behind the scenes work is going on with Lucas family :P
Old 2008-07-05, 23:58   Link #236
ipernorris

If there is a little Vajra in Ranka's womb how will it be called when it will be born? Alto?!?
Old 2008-07-06, 02:39   Link #237
cerrian

The little pet Vajra just got its first death flag raised this episode. No doubt it will turn against its own kind in an attempt to save Ranka but sacrifices itself in the process. Poor little guy....maybe he can do me a favor and eat Nanase before committing his final act of this story.

On another note, I'm pretty damn sure we'll be seeing Sheryl piloting a VF in combat. If Sheryl is made into a competent VF pilot then she'll firmly establish herself as one of the greatest anime characters in history.
Old 2008-07-06, 02:45   Link #238
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

So, on Thursday I caught a stream of Frontier from work, and honestly, felt a little bit sick after watching it... seriously. I mean, it was completely balls to the wall, and to be fair my Japanese is really, really limited, so there were alot of things I clearly missed. I couldn't for the life of me tell why I was just... nauseous after seeing it.

So I watched the episode again and... well; I'm honestly a pretty casual anime fan, but I've seen enough gar yelling and whatnot to the point where I pretty much just completely drown it out. Even if I'm a fan of the character. And, well... Alto yells a whole f'ing lot.

I gotta give it up to Alto's seiyu here tho, because we go from carefree, happy go lucky Alto in the beginning of the episode to Alto completely flipping his shit at the end. I don't want to read too much into this lest I border on shipping, but the torture in his voice and the desperation still bothers me... like, I may have to just skip this episode on the BR. I won't, I'll probably just be ill again, but meh. Just my 2¥
Old 2008-07-06, 02:51   Link #239
Wesley84

Kind of reminds me of Ichigo yelling for Rukia/Inoue, and you know how he feels about those two.
Old 2008-07-06, 03:52   Link #240
cerrian

Well Wes, from the looks of the next ep's preview it looks like our wish for a proper fleet fight is going to granted next episode. From what I can tell it appears that the generic, front-line, grunt VF is finally going to get some respectable action instead of being just fodder for the baddies.

Here's hoping that they do NUNS and the rest of the fleet some justice.
Closed Thread