AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 231 49.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 12.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 8.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 11 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 62 13.39%
Voters: 463. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-27, 13:21   Link #101
lightbringer
M9000

Well, it was fun while it lasted, but what an ending =) I thought Sekai (barely sane) and Kotonoha (definitely over the edge) would duke it out, but I never thought Makoto would be the first casualty. Maybe Sekai thought having his kid would be enough?

The show was a waste of time, although pretty (and pretty disturbing), but this episode gets a ten/ten
Old 2007-09-27, 13:25   Link #102
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I love to support both girls when saimoe rolls out next year.

A duel between the Higarushi girls and the school day girls something i will be looking forward to.
Old 2007-09-27, 13:26   Link #103
Rembr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The problem isn't the fact it was violent or not. the problem was the execution and the aftermath.
The plot didn't resolve the issue, as instead of giving up/turning the page, or win makoto's "heart" for good, it resulted into the suppression of the issue itself.
The fact Makoto was killed didn't resolve the issues, and as seen with kotonoha, she is still in that state etc.
Shows don't always have conclusions. Sometimes, it follows a documentary route, showing only what happened, not how everything changed. If shows were to imitate life, this is a perfectly fine way to approach it. Not everyone in life is redeemed.

Not sure if you've seen Sopranos, but it's sort of similar here. After all that happened, the show ends without really concluding anything. That's because the show was about their life, and their life doesn't involve them being redeemed and turn into a group of Sunday school teachers or whatever. But alas, not everyone liked that either, so I guess it's understandable people don't like SD 'conclusion', either.
Old 2007-09-27, 13:29   Link #104
luckyovermind
hungry~

The pregnancy check was absolutely disgusting. I don't particularly dislike bloody endings but this one is obviously done on purpose.

And I think the scripters must've added the boat scene after last week's "nice boat" incident.

Talk about fanservice!
Old 2007-09-27, 13:30   Link #105
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Well, it was fun while it lasted, but what an ending =) I thought Sekai (barely sane) and Kotonoha (definitely over the edge) would duke it out, but I never thought Makoto would be the first casualty. Maybe Sekai thought having his kid would be enough?

The show was a waste of time, although pretty (and pretty disturbing), but this episode gets a ten/ten
no? makoto was on the top of my hitlist from the beginning

and actually i though that sekai was the only sane one in this final ep - she was clearly out there looking for revenge

heres hoping that someone will make a fight sequence between kotonoha and rena

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-27, 13:41   Link #106
Cruel
Spiff'd Member

I always wanted to see Kotonoha and Sekai go at it!

Gotta love how Kotonoha outwitted her by disarming her! The head-hugging was a little disturbing, but oh well!

I about fell over laughing at that nice boat end! This is one anime I'll never forget! xD
Old 2007-09-27, 13:44   Link #107
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Shounen romance with violence and ugliness.
I'd rather label this a seinen series since the game was juuhachikin, but we label anime shounen/seinen/shoujo/whatever because of printed publication labels. This logic does not apply when talking adaptations of gaming software.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rembr View Post
I took "There is no one inside." as an expression of the degree of Kotonoha's psychopathic transformation. In her mental state, she probably expected a recognizable human baby inside Sekai, but her pregnancy was still too early to find such a thing.
I'm positive the creators didn't intend for us to take Kotonoha's words literally but rather question them due to her mental state. Personally, I'm of an opinion that she didn't only perform a pregnancy check but also remove the fetus, assuming it had grown to a visible state. About the tearing, one other possibility would be that a cut had been made in her lower abdomen before the check rather than doing it through her あそこ. It's just a nasty theory though. ^^;
Old 2007-09-27, 13:45   Link #108
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Sorry, but School Days was famous for the bloody way the game ended if you messed up. This is an anime adaptation, which means it needs to follow its source material. Makoto's choices in the anime were those of a man without a conscience, thus he reaped what he sow. That's what makes School Days, School Days. It isn't an inspirational story about redemption, and was never meant to be.

And I am sorry if you were miss-lead at any stage into believing that a happy ending was forthcoming. Though I find that rather miraculous since it is pretty hard to miss all the signs and spoilers from the fans of the game.
I don't think anyone suspected a non-violent ending to come, but this is the final episode so I think some discussion about the series as a whole should be talked about. To me a great story with a violent ending can end up amazing, but aside from animation and Makoto's death this was a series lacking in story, lacking any sort of thought from the female characters who all whored themself to Makoto, lacking any retribution for Taisuke's rape, and I could rant more but you get the point. So if you want to put this one in a top position, I would put it as the most overrated series I have seen in a long time.
Old 2007-09-27, 13:46   Link #109
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yeah, seinen makes sense.

And the "nice boat" ending was baffling until you posters revealed to me what stupendous fanservice it was: give the fans something they invented themselves. A first?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-09-27, 13:48   Link #110
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyovermind View Post
The pregnancy check was absolutely disgusting. I don't particularly dislike bloody endings but this one is obviously done on purpose.

And I think the scripters must've added the boat scene after last week's "nice boat" incident.

Talk about fanservice!
Yeah.. that makes sense. I didn't think about it when I was watching, but the boat scene was kind of illogical. I mean, I know her dad's a big shot and all, but it's a weird way to skip the country for a high school girl who seems to know nothing about the world. But then.. it's Kotonoha... she's willing to do anything if she's determined enough.

Hey, they showed Karen after the credits ! I guess she was technically shown in ep 11 too (in the photo Otome threw away) but her face was blocked.
Old 2007-09-27, 14:00   Link #111
StrawberryKitten
It's Misuzu.

gaaah i cant find it for download ;________;
Old 2007-09-27, 14:06   Link #112
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
I don't think anyone suspected a non-violent ending to come, but this is the final episode so I think some discussion about the series as a whole should be talked about. To me a great story with a violent ending can end up amazing, but aside from animation and Makoto's death this was a series lacking in story, lacking any sort of thought from the female characters who all whored themself to Makoto, lacking any retribution for Taisuke's rape, and I could rant more but you get the point. So if you want to put this one in a top position, I would put it as the most overrated series I have seen in a long time.
Well, here's the thing; Shool Days as a game was NOT suppose to end with death and destruction. You get the bloody ending only through failure, not sucess. Thus the route with the most story and character development would more than likely be focused on the "Good Route".

The issue here, is that School Days ended up being more famous for the bad endings. Thus there was a market for a S.D. anime that involve the bad ending. With that in mind, the only way the main character could end up where people expected him is if he is a bad person.

School Days anime ended in blood. It had to, because it was within fan expectations. And since this is based what happens if you fail in-game, the plot is more shallow than one for which you win.
Old 2007-09-27, 14:10   Link #113
Rembr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Yeah, seinen makes sense.

And the "nice boat" ending was baffling until you posters revealed to me what stupendous fanservice it was: give the fans something they invented themselves. A first?
I think the boat thing was coincidental, however deliciously ironic it may have been. The yacht trip was mentioned by Kotonoha mid-way in the episode, and said that she was going alone with Makoto. Both that scene and the one at the end doesn't look like they were thrown together at the last minute in a week's notice.
Old 2007-09-27, 14:10   Link #114
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
The thing is that most of us saw Makoto's death highly possible. There's no question about it. I'm sure not many of us have complaints about his death or how he died. Can't say he didn't had it coming.

What really went over the edge was Kotonoha sawing Makoto's head off and opening Sekai up to see if there really was a baby inside.

Generally speaking, since her pregnancy was recent (Had to be recent), there's no way Kotonoha would know. Not to mention how the heck would she know what to check. Regardless of whether or not it was fake. However, I don't think Sekai even wanted a baby in the first place at all.
Old 2007-09-27, 14:11   Link #115
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
Personally, I'm of an opinion that she didn't only perform a pregnancy check but also remove the fetus, assuming it had grown to a visible state. About the tearing, one other possibility would be that a cut had been made in her lower abdomen before the check rather than doing it through her あそこ. It's just a nasty theory though. ^^;
what a horrible mind you have now im getting vivid images...

have to say though...the black blood really killed the mood :/

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-27, 14:15   Link #116
Orin GA

What did makoto emaik Seiki on the phone. I cant wait for teh subs!
Old 2007-09-27, 14:16   Link #117
ManixZero
Expert Philosopher

Send a message via AIM to ManixZero Send a message via MSN to ManixZero Send a message via Yahoo to ManixZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
what a horrible mind you have now im getting vivid images...

Yeah, honestly I didn't know in the world of School Days everyone bleeds ink.
Old 2007-09-27, 14:18   Link #118
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

Dont worry, DVD will fix it. You know that Nanoha fans are thankful for this little wonder of technology, so it should be the same for School Days fans.
Old 2007-09-27, 14:20   Link #119
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rembr View Post
I think the boat thing was coincidental, however deliciously ironic it may have been. The yacht trip was mentioned by Kotonoha mid-way in the episode, and said that she was going alone with Makoto. Both that scene and the one at the end doesn't look like they were thrown together at the last minute in a week's notice.
Well, yeah -- besides, they didn't possibly have the time to re-storyboard, re-draw, re-animate, re-dub, and re-edit the episode, just to air it on another channel that never showed the "nice boat" to begin with. It's a fun coincidence though.
Old 2007-09-27, 14:20   Link #120
Rembr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orin GA View Post
What did makoto emaik Seiki on the phone. I cant wait for teh subs!
It was something along the lines of "Kotonoha told me she'll recommend you a good doctor. If you go early it doesn't affect the body much."

Basically, subtly pushing for an abortion.
Closed Thread