AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-21, 23:35   Link #721
Crontica

I thought the Skrugg arc was equivalent to getting the "last event" out of the way to avoid depending on it. But yeah it left a bad aftertaste.
Old 2010-07-22, 05:33   Link #722
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 17:
Old 2010-07-22, 07:11   Link #723
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Well that bit with Collins is a bit random...

Spoiler for Episode 17:
Old 2010-07-22, 08:17   Link #724
Funkatron
Highly irregular

So basically Will is the Punisher to Heroman's Captain America (couldn't think of any other Marvel anti-heroes on the fly). He basically fights the darkness by jumping headfirst into it. Interesting twist. Lets see how the story develops
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 08:43   Link #725
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Going from coast to coast... Forest Gump?
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 10:38   Link #726
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Will looks pretty badass now. I like his redesign, it's by far the best "mech/monster" design in the series, which isn't really a feat considering how fugly the others look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 17:
Collins looks fantastic in that one piece swimsuit.

& indeed, it's a real shame Holly won't be there. Maybe next time...
Old 2010-07-22, 19:24   Link #727
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
& indeed, it's a real shame Holly won't be there. Maybe next time...
Pfft. I stayed with this series thanks to my age old credo of "finish what you started", I braved through that Minami arc for a nice change, and now that we have a true beach episode Holly is still absent [as far as the preview tells us]. I don't care how predictable episode 17 was, but I just hate how Holly has been relegated to a wayside "I want to marry Heroman" type of character. What happened to that "I was away for several years and I came back because I was worried" headstrong girl we saw several weeks ago?

Agree with you about Collins, nice to see now that the core party has met Heroman. (see that? Core party? Holly could have been there too! )

Still though, I have to agree about Will. Looks really cool, although I was wondering about his headgear. As far as I remember those were helmets, at least for the humanoids, so are we to believe he is evolving with these hexagon grind eyes built-in? He picked it up from one of the labs? Maybe this was the true Skrugg plan after all, to evolve from roaches into a humanoid form...
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 20:26   Link #728
Qikz

Great episode, this is only getting better!
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 20:58   Link #729
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
So basically Will is the Punisher to Heroman's Captain America (couldn't think of any other Marvel anti-heroes on the fly). He basically fights the darkness by jumping headfirst into it. Interesting twist. Lets see how the story develops
was thinking Rorschach myself

Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 22:05   Link #730
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Don't forget about Darkman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Pfft. I stayed with this series thanks to my age old credo of "finish what you started", I braved through that Minami arc for a nice change, and now that we have a true beach episode Holly is still absent [as far as the preview tells us]. I don't care how predictable episode 17 was, but I just hate how Holly has been relegated to a wayside "I want to marry Heroman" type of character. What happened to that "I was away for several years and I came back because I was worried" headstrong girl we saw several weeks ago?
Otaku prob weren't too thrilled about her and she evolved into something more palatable.
Old 2010-07-23, 01:14   Link #731
v1cious

Would someone tell me How Collins didn't know about Heroman, when Joey's been all over the freaking Television, Newspapers, etc?
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 01:25   Link #732
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
Would someone tell me How Collins didn't know about Heroman, when Joey's been all over the freaking Television, Newspapers, etc?
Because that was treated as a separate case by the media. The media didn't link Joey to Heroman.

This is treated as top secret by the US government.

I don't know about laying all the blame on Minami. Hughes and the government are still liable for what they did. Namely the violation of public trust.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 01:41   Link #733
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Because that was treated as a separate case by the media. The media didn't link Joey to Heroman.

This is treated as top secret by the US government.

I don't know about laying all the blame on Minami. Hughes and the government are still liable for what they did. Namely the violation of public trust.
The false accusations were the work of Hughes's second in command, the blond agent guy (I think he name was Howard?).

There was a scene where Hughes saw a false newspaper article and yelled that he didn't approve of such tactics.
So while the government is partially at fault, I think the show went out of its way to make sure that Hughes is pretty clean.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 01:51   Link #734
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
The false accusations were the work of Hughes's second in command, the blond agent guy (I think he name was Howard?).

There was a scene where Hughes saw a false newspaper article and yelled that he didn't approve of such tactics.
So while the government is partially at fault, I think the show went out of its way to make sure that Hughes is pretty clean.
Hughes was the leader of the operation and it just shows he is incompetent with all the things happening around him.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 02:47   Link #735
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Hughes was the leader of the operation and it just shows he is incompetent with all the things happening around him.
He also said that he didn't think he was cut out to lead a large operation and preferred doing field work right before he headed out alone into the woods.

So even he admits he's a sucky leader
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 02:48   Link #736
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I like the art style that they use for Will's rampage. It took me a couple retakes to get past that sequence cuz it reminded me of Batman: Gotham Knight in a way. Glad to see Collins in the team now. I noticed something that was pretty cool for the next episode, instead of going to onsens in typical anime fashion...it's going to beaches. That's how we do it.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 11:33   Link #737
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah it really was completely obvious since last episode that the shadowy figure was Will. Thought for a moment Denton considered Will a possible suspect and that's why he hid the rest from Lina. Instead he was just trying to keep her out of it. Kind of sad considering he's about as much use in a fight as she is. But suppose it's just the series regulating her to a symbolic and literal cheerleader for the group.

Liked the new style for Will. He just owned the others and could have done some serious damage if he wanted to. Wonder what he discovered that made him decide to go hunting down Skrugg tech. Someone must have been using it for a dark purpose if he decided to take an extreme method to get rid of them. Joey and company are just dealing with danger as it comes at them while Will apparently is going after the trouble before it becomes even more serious.
Old 2010-07-23, 17:51   Link #738
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Don't forget about Darkman.

Otaku prob weren't too thrilled about her and she evolved into something more palatable.
Darkman fits a heck of a lot better. Thank you for link

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah it really was completely obvious since last episode that the shadowy figure was Will. Thought for a moment Denton considered Will a possible suspect and that's why he hid the rest from Lina. Instead he was just trying to keep her out of it. Kind of sad considering he's about as much use in a fight as she is. But suppose it's just the series regulating her to a symbolic and literal cheerleader for the group.

Liked the new style for Will. He just owned the others and could have done some serious damage if he wanted to. Wonder what he discovered that made him decide to go hunting down Skrugg tech. Someone must have been using it for a dark purpose if he decided to take an extreme method to get rid of them. Joey and company are just dealing with danger as it comes at them while Will apparently is going after the trouble before it becomes even more serious.

I got the same impression. While Joey and Heroman go after the more visible face of evil, Will dives headfirst into the dark abyss to get at the root of the cause.

Last edited by Funkatron; 2010-07-23 at 18:24.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 23:52   Link #739
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 17 was really good. Especially Joey trying to hide Heroman, and of course Will's new character design and new motivation.
Old 2010-07-25, 02:01   Link #740
Key Board
Carbon

Honestly, I liked the Skrug arc more than the post Skrug arc

but at least things are moving along
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, mecha