AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-29, 13:23   Link #4001
billborden

Haiyoru! Nyaruani: Remember My Love(craft-sensei)

AniDB has a listing for this coming out as a ONA, but with no release date. Does anyone have any more info? As an obsessive fan of both anime and Lovecraft, I really need to know, ya' know?

(link to (home?)page provided--in Japanese)
Old 2010-09-29, 14:37   Link #4002
NeoSam

1,000,000 views and 4000 posts and almost 5 years to this thread >_<

I'll be talking with an admin/s to apply a new rule to this thread that restricts source links to only Japanese anime news sites (2ch, MoonPhase, ...). Any sources mentioned in any post that has an "unproper" link should be deleted by an admin/moderator (the deletion of the post in other words), no matter if the news were mentioned here or not. What I think this forum/thread needs are members that are more active on posting new anime news from Japanese sources, this way this thread will not become a thread of "link posts" to english anime news sites.

The less I and others become active on this forum the more frequent "link posts" to other english news sites become... which is not something that would attract readers to this thread (they can just go to those english anime news sites).

I'm trying to get this thread more active in the scene of Japanese new anime news reporting so that this thread will still be active and competitive in new anime news reporting.

I'm not as I used to be a 1-1.5 years ago, when I was very attentive to new announced anime news, and many times (some times) getting the new announced anime news here before any other english site (:P). I want to return this thread to its past "glory" before I fade away from this forum...

Anyway, I'll talk to an admin about this rule, and if this rule gets accepted then I'll post back about this.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2010-09-29 at 17:52.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 15:45   Link #4003
kitten320

^But Japanese links don't give me any information. I have no idea what each hierogliph means so I'm just dumbly staring at the text.
Old 2010-09-29, 15:46   Link #4004
Midonin
Last Engage

There are plenty of translation tools out there, and, with enough practice, one can eventually learn how to read Japanese. It's a fine skill to have.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 16:13   Link #4005
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
^But Japanese links don't give me any information. I have no idea what each hierogliph means so I'm just dumbly staring at the text.
The idea is to have new announced anime news reported in english in this thread with a link to a Japanese source (the english news got translated by an AnimeSuki member and not quoted or taken from a different english news site). Meaning there will be english news reported by a member of this forum followed by a link to the Japanese source of this news.

Only linking to the Japanese source without translating its content would be worthless since most readers of this thread don't understand Japanese.
Old 2010-09-29, 22:30   Link #4006
billborden

I understand your point, in part, but--by limiting thing to Japanese only links--you are cutting out a large (I would say the largest) portion of the users of this thread from adding anything. As you have said yourself, you have less and less time to spend on this, and I imagine that many of the other seniors are in the same position. Limiting the pool of contributors when the mainstays are able to spend less time researching doesn't make sense to me. Also, I have always seen this thread as an aggregate of what is out there. Yes, I could check all the English language sites myself, but real-life limits that. With a broad-spectrum of people bring their info here, we all benefit. There are enough users here to weed out the false leads, and fill in the questions once the info gets here, but if we're limited to Japanese only sources, that puts the onus of all the original research on those few members who can understand them. And, I'm very sorry to say that, while reading written Japanese may be "a fine skill to have",I'm comfortable saying it's not a practical option for the majority of readers.

And I don't really think you need to worry about staying competitive. I've yet to find another site near as complete as this thread has been--hell, this thread is the reason I became a member in the first place.
Old 2010-09-30, 02:33   Link #4007
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by billborden View Post
AniDB has a listing for this coming out as a ONA, but with no release date. Does anyone have any more info? As an obsessive fan of both anime and Lovecraft, I really need to know, ya' know?

(link to (home?)page provided--in Japanese)
I'd been meaning to start a topic on this, but I'm ... half dead with lack of sleep and crapton of work still (this is the 34th hour I'm going without sleep now ... orz), but this is not an ONA. ONA is already released and subbed from a while back, the anime series doesn't not have a release date yet.

Recently however (as shown on your link), the director who did the ONA will come back and do the anime series as well. The DRAMA CD cast will come back and voice the anime (more Eri Kitamura goodness).

DLE will be in charge of animation, which I'm kinda worried about because they really haven't done much. The ONA from before while worked out nicely but doesn't really impress much.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 03:33   Link #4008
Sage Shinigami

Send a message via AIM to Sage Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Sage Shinigami
Quote:
I understand your point, in part, but--by limiting thing to Japanese only links--you are cutting out a large (I would say the largest) portion of the users of this thread from adding anything. As you have said yourself, you have less and less time to spend on this, and I imagine that many of the other seniors are in the same position. Limiting the pool of contributors when the mainstays are able to spend less time researching doesn't make sense to me.
It's about less quantity, more quality, I'm thinking.
Sage Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 06:38   Link #4009
NeoSam

The shounen manga Kakko Kawaii Sengen! by Jigokuno Misawa will be getting a TV anime adaptation.

==========

カッコカワイイ宣言!
Kakko Kawaii Sengen!

The manga is serialized in the shounen manga magazine Jump Square (Jump SQ.).
The first volume of the manga will be released on October 4th, 2010.

Jump SQ.'s page for the manga:
http://jumpsq.shueisha.co.jp/content...aii/index.html

Mangaka: Jigokuno Misawa

Genre: Shounen, Comedy

==========

Source: MoonPhase Diary

Last edited by NeoSam; 2010-09-30 at 06:48.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 10:32   Link #4010
NeoSam

Quote:
I understand your point, in part, but--by limiting thing to Japanese only links--you are cutting out a large (I would say the largest) portion of the users of this thread from adding anything. As you have said yourself, you have less and less time to spend on this, and I imagine that many of the other seniors are in the same position. Limiting the pool of contributors when the mainstays are able to spend less time researching doesn't make sense to me. Also, I have always seen this thread as an aggregate of what is out there. Yes, I could check all the English language sites myself, but real-life limits that. With a broad-spectrum of people bring their info here, we all benefit. There are enough users here to weed out the false leads, and fill in the questions once the info gets here, but if we're limited to Japanese only sources, that puts the onus of all the original research on those few members who can understand them. And, I'm very sorry to say that, while reading written Japanese may be "a fine skill to have",I'm comfortable saying it's not a practical option for the majority of readers.

And I don't really think you need to worry about staying competitive. I've yet to find another site near as complete as this thread has been--hell, this thread is the reason I became a member in the first place.
I remember the days that it took 1-2 days (usually about 24 hours) to get 1000 additinal views on this thread, nowadays it takes more days... without staying competitive I can see this number only dropping and dropping. I mean why read a thread which will get you the news later when you can read it earlier on other sites.

I do understand what you are saying, but I would still like to see this thread being independent from other news sites, and not a thread that contains a collection of "re-directs" to other english news sites. That type of thread will not only lose readership but might also keep off potential new contributors that are fluent in Japanese from joining in and helping (If I was the outsider and had a look at a thread that contains a bunch of links to other sites, I know that I wouldn't give a hand to such a thread).

On one hand, I do understand what you are saying, but on the other hand I only see the demise of this thread if it keeps taking the path that its taking currently.
Old 2010-09-30, 15:19   Link #4011
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:

NeoSam has a point there. This thread needs an identity of its own. It doesn't have to have its own site. But at least, let it have its own credibility of being a first hand source straight from Japanese sources.

I think NeoSam imagined of turning this thread into something MoonPhase like, which is where he took most of his information from. It might be awesome if we have the people to do it.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 04:14   Link #4012
NeoSam

I don't think I want it to be like MoonPhase or MoonPhase Diary, both sites contain all sorts of announcememts, not only anime. But yeah I would like it somewhat similar to MoonPhase Diary (in the anime announcements part), were not only anime adaptation announcements are mentioned but also possible anime adaptations (for example mentioning that an important announcement concerning a manga is coming up next month in a magazine issue, mentioning this to be a possible anime adaptation gives this thread a more competitive nature, since in case it really gets an anime adaptation and other english news sites do mention the news, but we did mention it first, that it will be getting an important announcement, and that it might be an anime adaptation :P, this is one of the things I do to try to keep this thread as competitive as possible).
Old 2010-10-01, 04:18   Link #4013
NeoSam

StarChild has opened a site for the Moretsu Uchuu Kaizoku TV anime series:
http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/mo-retsu/
Old 2010-10-02, 04:16   Link #4014
NeoSam

An official site has opened for the 30-sai no Hoken Taiiku TV anime series:
http://30sai.jp/
Old 2010-10-02, 04:48   Link #4015
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
An official site has opened for the 30-sai no Hoken Taiiku TV anime series:
http://30sai.jp/
It's licensed by Media Factory ?
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 17:09   Link #4016
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
It's licensed by Media Factory ?
Media Factory isn't a licensor, they're a publisher/distributor in Japan. That being said, I don't see anything (yet) that indicates who the publisher/distributor will be for this anime. (Not sure why you're asking this in the news thread...)
Old 2010-10-02, 21:50   Link #4017
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
It might be awesome if we have the people to do it.
I will be happy if we do. Ultimately, I'll keep coming back here for my info no matter what; so I do hope things will keep going.
Old 2010-10-04, 19:58   Link #4018
marconii2002

Light novel Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi gets anime http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-novels-listed
marconii2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 21:46   Link #4019
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by marconii2002 View Post
Light novel Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi gets anime http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-novels-listed
No way! So fast!!!! I'm very interested to see which Studio/staff will be handling this ... very, very interested . Definitely do not mind if the Drama CD casts comes back to do this either. The announcement just seems super random though ...
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 12:06   Link #4020
NeoSam

I'll add the covers of the shounen light novel series Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi to this post:

==========

いつか天魔の黒ウサギ
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

少年向けライトノベル.
Shounen light novel series (light novel series aimed at boys).

The light novel series is published under the shounen light novel label Fujimi Fantasia Bunko, and serialized in the male oriented light novel magazine Dragon Magazine.
Currently there are 6 volumes released of this light novel series.

Covers:

Spoiler:

Author: Kagami Takaya
Illustrator: Kamiya Yuu

Another light novel series that is the "highschool" period that's titled Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Kurenai Gekkou no Seitokai Shitsu is published under the shounen light novel label Fujimi Fantasia Bunko, and serialized in the male oriented light novel magazine Dragon Magazine.
Currently there is 1 volume released of this light novel series, and volume 2 will be released on October 20th, 2010.

Covers:

Spoiler:

Author: Kagami Takaya
Illustrator: Kamiya Yuu

A shounen manga adaptation is serialized in the shounen manga magazine Dragon Age.
Currently there's 1 volume released of the manga.

Cover:

Spoiler:

The manga is drawn by Asahina Shiori.

Genre: Shounen, Fantasy

==========

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers