AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-21, 06:01   Link #21
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Actually i was reading some pre ss arc chapters and i found it pretty amusing how chad felt ishida was weak before they entered ss and it ended up exactly the opposite. Sigh. I expect his hand to have more changes other than a shield, becasue a shield is basically speaking, boring. Try a machine gun or something, lol.
Old 2007-01-21, 06:29   Link #22
lommm
l'homme de lommm

i'm telling you guys, it's a hollow mask hybrid arm. that's why it's a mouth on it.

and i agree with a previous post. i think the summary is wrong. exequias said they've come to claim/retrieve Chirucci, not execute her.
Old 2007-01-21, 11:30   Link #23
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm View Post
i'm telling you guys, it's a hollow mask hybrid arm. that's why it's a mouth on it.

and i agree with a previous post. i think the summary is wrong. exequias said they've come to claim/retrieve Chirucci, not execute her.

The translation does seem to indicate they only captured Chirucchi and didn't kill her right then and there. However, I doubt she is allowed to live. Exequias literally means funeral rites and they are an execution squad. She'll probably be killed right after Aizen gets whatever information he needs

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2007-01-21 at 11:43.
Old 2007-01-21, 11:46   Link #24
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I this a Zanpakutou?
If it really is a Zanpakutou, then this guy has to be an Arankar. But if he is an Arrankar, he should have lost his hollow mask. But he is completely masked!
This is kind of contradictory.

Sorry, I changed my post. I just generally refer to swords as zanpakuto in this series. Whether or not it is literally a zanpakuto is unknown.
Old 2007-01-21, 14:09   Link #25
hdx514
馬甲

Quote:
I this a Zanpakutou?
If it really is a Zanpakutou, then this guy has to be an Arankar. But if he is an Arrankar, he should have lost his hollow mask. But he is completely masked!
This is kind of contradictory.
the fact that their masks all look the same except the leaders suggest that just might not be their actual broken masks. probably kubo can't be bothered to draw that many different faces of minor characters. bug face espada also has a similar mask and he is definitely an arrancar.

those are most likely their zanpakutous. think about it, if they're not arrancars, then their human size suggest that they're either vastorodes, shinigamis, or a new species. the first is impossible. the second have zanpakutous, the third, we don't know. but they're not hollows.
Old 2007-01-21, 17:13   Link #26
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
So you're saying, that they are just some guys, wearing some sort of vinyl masks?
The author didn't have much problems with drawing dozens of faces during SS arc.

Why is the first impossible?
Well, somehow I don't think they are Arankars. At first they should have numbers, if they were and then there would be the question on how they are different form the others.
In this case it's really more likely, that they are Shinigami, since IMHO introducing a new species this way doesn't seem to fit the style of the series. They don't have any visible holes on their body and the clothes they're wearing also look similar to Aizen's, which also could hint to Shinigami.
I agree that it doesn't make sense for them to be vastorodes. Hitsugaya stated that just 10 vastorodes would be probably be enough to defeat Soul Society. If the Exequias were vastorodes, Aizen would have transformed them into arrancar and have them among the ranks of the Espada. Perhaps they are watered-down vizards, Aizen's early attempts to create a shinigami/hollow hybrid. They're able to permanently materialize their masks, but their hollow powers are much weaker than Ichigo's, Shinji's and the rest of the vizards we've seen so far.
Old 2007-01-21, 18:07   Link #27
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Or how about this: They are wearing masks, because they all have the same face and are clones of Aizen! If Mayuri is able to artificially create some Shinigami, Aizen should also be able to do this, shouldn't he?
Suppose he could, but I don't see why he would go through the trouble since Aizen only seems to be interested in experimenting with shinigami/hollow hybrids. Cloning shinigami with the same physical limitations as natural shingami would be useless to him unless they were enhanced in some way. But I agree with the idea that maybe these masks aren't actually a part of their bodies.
Old 2007-01-21, 22:27   Link #28
hdx514
馬甲

Quote:
So you're saying, that they are just some guys, wearing some sort of vinyl masks?
yep, mask on top of their actual broken masks. komamura's got that, bug face espada's got that, i don't see the problem

Quote:
Why is the first impossible?
because it's stupid to think that apollo, a mid-low ranking espada can order a dozen vastorodes behind aizen's back, or vastorodes would be calling a cannon fodder ex-espada "sama", even if it's just pure sarcasm, or the general idea of the existence of a dozen vastorodes and the odds of them hanging together all the time

Quote:
Well, somehow I don't think they are Arankars. At first they should have numbers, if they were and then there would be the question on how they are different form the others.
until we hear from a credible source that "all arrancars must have numbers", you can't say that for sure. nell's knowledge is obviously limited as she didn't even know the existence of tres cifras. just like S.S. has different troops, so a strong shinigami doesn't have to be seated, because he/she doesn't have to be part of the gotei 13

Quote:
In this case it's really more likely, that they are Shinigami, since IMHO introducing a new species this way doesn't seem to fit the style of the series. They don't have any visible holes on their body and the clothes they're wearing also look similar to Aizen's, which also could hint to Shinigami.
shinigami is indeed a possibility, though i don't see how it's any more likely than arrancar. most of the arrancars wear smiliar clothes, and it's not like you'll see traces of a hole if it's covered by cloth. and if apollo wants to run some secret ops behind aizen's back, don't you think it would be safer for him to use members of his own species rather than members of aizen's species?

either way, it doesn't matter as the fact remains: they follow espada orders, therefore they're of lower rank, and lesser power. apollo might be planning a coup or something with his experiments, this would have been interesting but now we know aizen had outsmarted him already
Old 2007-01-24, 22:05   Link #29
ThoHell

Yeah, Chad's new arm is pretty much a hollow mask without eye sockets mixed with a shield. Was kind of epecting something hollowish from him, since his powers seemed somewhat hollowish from the start.
Old 2007-01-25, 14:08   Link #30
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Re: above posters about machine-gun arm

If it was anything else other than a shield, it would've been D-Gray Man.
Old 2007-01-26, 07:29   Link #31
sabret00the

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Yeah, Chad's new arm is pretty much a hollow mask without eye sockets mixed with a shield. Was kind of epecting something hollowish from him, since his powers seemed somewhat hollowish from the start.
well he did get his powers from a hollow after all.
Old 2007-01-26, 15:22   Link #32
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

260 RAW is out. Will do a summary of the chapter later if I have the time and nobody else has done it.

Spoiler for chp 260:
Old 2007-01-26, 16:50   Link #33
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
260 RAW is out. Will do a summary of the chapter later if I have the time and nobody else has done it.

Spoiler for chp 260:
Spoiler for chp 260:

Not sure I would call it a cheap plot device.
Spoiler for chp 260:

Last edited by kagato3; 2007-01-26 at 17:10.
Old 2007-01-26, 16:57   Link #34
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post

Spoiler for chp 260:

yay, perhaps my prediction (a long time ago) of chad having full body armor will come true.

I'm happy that chad is getting a powerup. I wonder how he will do against an espada.
Old 2007-01-27, 01:10   Link #35
MugenIchiban

His left arm looks pretty cool. Good thing that right arm of his wasnt the only thing he learned cuz that doesnt seem like much of an improvement.
Closed Thread