AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-07, 12:01   Link #401
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Mid laning can be good and it can be hell...for example having Karthus as an opponent sucks big time, tiny little explosions sucking up my life is NOT fun. On the other hand, my usual characters (Zilean, Swain, Nunu, Urgot) can do more than enough to harass and heavily punish, resulting in early pushes or kills.
2v2 is less of a character thing, unless you get two disablers against two squishy AAs, which is kinda rare since most squishies hit the mid...
Quote:
You take 3v3 different way than 5v5, as in 3v3, it's heavy ganking game, and you don't have much time for farming as in 5v5. Furthermore, taking control of dragon and neutral creep give your team a buff that is much more significant to your advantage than the dragon in 5v5.
Sounds good enough for me to avoid, thanks.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 12:47   Link #402
Lostdreams

Woot 1800+ solo ranked. Going up to 1900 solo ranked ez in no time. Np
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 15:17   Link #403
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Rune Q: what do you get if you throw greater runes in the combiner? (If it is quints, can you throw them in for something else?)
Old 2011-01-09, 15:18   Link #404
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

3 runes of the same tier will give you another one of the same tier, while 5 runes of the same tier will give you one upper tier rune. What you will get is random.

Just doesn't worth it imo.
Old 2011-01-09, 17:02   Link #405
Tiberium Wolf

If you get like 5 runes of tier 3, do we get something better?
Old 2011-01-09, 17:02   Link #406
Kafriel
Senior Guest

So wait, you give up 3 greater runes for example, to get a greater rune that could be the same as the ones you used? How does that add up? And what if you use 5 T3 runes, there's no higher tier than that...
Old 2011-01-10, 00:14   Link #407
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I've never used 5 tier 3 runes, but I'm pretty sure you don't get anything better than that.

And you won't get a replica of rune you used.
Old 2011-01-10, 22:45   Link #408
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
You can't combine 5 runes for tier 3.
Old 2011-01-11, 02:01   Link #409
Kafriel
Senior Guest

New rotation's out:
* Annie
* Ashe
* Cho'Gath
* Heimerdinger
* Twisted Fate
* Nidalee
* Poppy
* Garen
* Urgot

Personally I'm very happy with Nidalee and TF, they're both very strong and not TOO hard to play with. Of course, TF is rather squishy, so I decided to get him life steal after some AS. Got me wondering though, his tip bar says he is viable as an AP champion, but I just can't see how.
Nida's a lot simpler to itemize but requires more skill to use. Her javelin can bring the pain to whoever is standing at the end of its range, traps are good for brush or blocking an escape, but her healing is a bit too much (setting aside the AP ratio, it gives a lot of AS too, which I discovered lasts even if you morph and eat your enemy). Cougar form is amazing, since it requires no mana and has quite the high damage output, pounce only makes things better.
Old 2011-01-11, 10:42   Link #410
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
New rotation's out:
* Annie
* Ashe
* Cho'Gath
* Heimerdinger
* Twisted Fate
* Nidalee
* Poppy
* Garen
* Urgot

Personally I'm very happy with Nidalee and TF, they're both very strong and not TOO hard to play with. Of course, TF is rather squishy, so I decided to get him life steal after some AS. Got me wondering though, his tip bar says he is viable as an AP champion, but I just can't see how.
Nida's a lot simpler to itemize but requires more skill to use. Her javelin can bring the pain to whoever is standing at the end of its range, traps are good for brush or blocking an escape, but her healing is a bit too much (setting aside the AP ratio, it gives a lot of AS too, which I discovered lasts even if you morph and eat your enemy). Cougar form is amazing, since it requires no mana and has quite the high damage output, pounce only makes things better.
More of TF's skills benefit from AP than AD. If you go AP, as far as I know, you'll either go pure AP and spam Wild Cards from behind since the range is huge, or you'll build AS/AP and let Stacked Deck do damage, while spamming Wild Cards while you can.

The thing is basically, people will say if you want to build TF AD, you might as well play someone else like Ashe whose skills work better with it. If you like TF's skills, I guess it doesn't matter either way.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 10:42   Link #411
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
AP TF is better imo. The reason? He's too squishy, and his range is pathetic for how squishy he is. By building him AD, you basically put him at the range where everything can be thrown on your head. AP is better with the burst dmg, and Wild Card is a good poking ability.
Old 2011-01-11, 11:00   Link #412
Kafriel
Senior Guest

When I played him, I went AS/AD/lifesteal, was able to burst kill fiddles with gold card and a few AAs. Ofc he was squishy, but I played him as an assassin rather than the all-powerful carry that jumps into the enemy team (which I did with Galio today, was totally super even though he was tanky AP ).
Old 2011-01-11, 11:21   Link #413
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Damn , i regret my 6300 PI for Cait...

Anyway , a new champion has entered the ring , like Garen & Lux or Morgana & Kayle :

Nasus’ brother Renekton, the Eater of Souls :

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...6&d=1294695085

Interesting , will they make a nice Duo combo ? Tank , DPS , AP ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 13:03   Link #414
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Giant croc-thing, looks super dps carry or zoning support, but I gotta admit that Nasus fell short of my expectations...I mean, he's good, but like, Nunu level.
Quote:
Garen & Lux or Morgana & Kayle
And dun forget Kat and Cass
Quote:
Damn , i regret my 6300 PI for Cait...
Even though she's avg, she still seems fun to play with.

Just noticed we don't have a scythe champion yet!
Old 2011-01-11, 16:13   Link #415
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
You need to learn to play Cait properly, I have seen people gank with her like there was no tommorow even as an enemy that got me scared and just about banned from my lane
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 17:16   Link #416
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

AD/AS TF is the WORST possible thing you could do with him. I used to main TF and I play him hybrid. Skill order in Q>W>E Ranking Wild Card first will give you a strong DPS for early games. With about 300+ Damage with Wild Card and Sheen, you do enough damage to gank lanes easily. Clair->Yellow Card->Ult->Wild->Card for combo. Afterward, Guinsoo->Malady->BloodRazor. With the hybrid route, you get pretty good damage throughout the game rather than waiting til late and still doesn't do as much damage as DPS Annie. Even AP is better than AD TF, just don't build him AD/AS. About any champion can kill you before you put out any damage because of how squishy you are.
Old 2011-01-11, 18:28   Link #417
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
AD/AS TF is the WORST possible thing you could do with him. I used to main TF and I play him hybrid. Skill order in Q>W>E Ranking Wild Card first will give you a strong DPS for early games. With about 300+ Damage with Wild Card and Sheen, you do enough damage to gank lanes easily. Clair->Yellow Card->Ult->Wild->Card for combo. Afterward, Guinsoo->Malady->BloodRazor. With the hybrid route, you get pretty good damage throughout the game rather than waiting til late and still doesn't do as much damage as DPS Annie. Even AP is better than AD TF, just don't build him AD/AS. About any champion can kill you before you put out any damage because of how squishy you are.
Why do you level Q first? Starting with your W gives you easy last hits [blue] and harass[yellow]. People aren't going to let you hit them with your Q.
Also, is stacked cards good in the beginning? I never really used it in laning when I used TF.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 21:45   Link #418
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

I do start with W first, but I rank more into Wild Cards. (WQQEQR....thus a rank in all of them while Wild Cards gets Maxed first, letting me get the stacked deck bonus as well) Blue lets me spam Q, therefore grabbing a lot of CK. If Wild Cards doesn't hit them then you are doing something wrong like positioning your ult in odd places. I do admit it is kinda hard to land that slow skill shot though and it is gonna fail harassing unless they can't dodge. Stack deck is really bad in the beginning because at max you will only get 1-2(or 2-3 if you plan it out first) stacked deck per fight 155 Max I believe, thus about 465 damage if you are lucky while Wild Card itself does 300+1:1 AP ratio.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2011-01-11 at 22:00.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 21:58   Link #419
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Which is better, WQQ or WQW? I usually don't take E until later. After 2 levels of W, I usually max Q first.
Old 2011-01-12, 00:53   Link #420
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
You need to learn to play Cait properly, I have seen people gank with her like there was no tommorow even as an enemy that got me scared and just about banned from my lane
Yes , she's good in early , harrass , specially bot or top lane for her passive.
She can gank yes and then use ulti for last kill low hp running away.
She can escape and still be alive after a TF yes , i noticed that she's always the last alive in TF , guess why . She's still effective in mid game.
But in TF she's useless , and in late game she's even more. Well , you can make a 15/5/22 with her but still lose the game.
Just fun to play.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol