Infie
*Fansubber

Loading a Game...

Quote:
This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception
Program: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:0067BF05

The instruction at "0x0067BF05" referenced memory at "0x00000054".
The memory could not be "read".
I decided to try this game wow out lol. But what exactly does this mean it won't load.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 01:05   Link #2
ImperialPanda

Application tried to refrence memory that is reserved for OS/kernal/whatever.

Does this happen a lot or just sometimes? I've seen it occationally but never bothered to actually look up the cause because it only happened to me rarely. I'm guessing it's just a hardware bug. Your RAM has a lot of error correction built in but it's still possible for errors to occur.

If it happens a lot imo it's something with your RAM. Make sure you have the correct RAM for your motherboard, update your BIOS, or you might just need to get new RAM.
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 01:08   Link #3
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

for this specifically, yes, it keps happening, with no other exe's like that though, no it hasn't occured. Would you know how to go about fixing this?
Old 2007-07-28, 01:18   Link #4
ImperialPanda

I'd start with updating drivers, directX, and your BIOS.
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 02:03   Link #5
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Internet won't even connect to the official website of WoW, though it will Blizzard for Blizzard's official one.

I updated BIOS and directx
Old 2007-07-28, 05:22   Link #6
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

The program uses a pointer to a very low memory address. Now 0x00000054 in particular is directX related. But the true reason for troubles with directX can be chained... e.g., faulty graphics driver -> doesn't work correctly with directX -> WoW isn't able to get a vaild handle for the D3D device. Or it is even more fundamental and the graphics card is broken/hardware acceleration disabled or not recognised/overheating of the GPU or the graphics cards memory/D3D already being used by other programs... ->means invalidated access to the harware acceleration->directX fails to provide D3D->WoW isn't able to get a valid handle for the D3D device.

First thing I would do is updating the graphics card drivers and looking if the card overheats or the D3D is deactivated in directX (also run dxdiag to test for conflicting directX files and look if D3D is actually activated).
Old 2007-07-30, 11:13   Link #7
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchikatsu View Post
Internet won't even connect to the official website of WoW, though it will Blizzard for Blizzard's official one.

I updated BIOS and directx
well sometimes the website is offline when theyre updating new stuff or when theyre bussy inside the game (or whent he servers gone down again)

other than that, it isnt much help to go to the forums the Gnome Tech helpers always tell you the same thing, be sure your pc has the right requierments and b sure the drivers are up to date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin View Post
First thing I would do is updating the graphics card drivers and looking if the card overheats or the D3D is deactivated in directX (also run dxdiag to test for conflicting directX files and look if D3D is actually activated).
aah yes i remember this all, i used to have a real pain with ym graphics card when it came to running the game, the card couldnt handle several things such as heavy traffic during raids or several reatures, murlocs for example show as if the skin had hole and because of that error they were emmoting light from lover body parts making them look like discoballs.. and when youre surouned by them its no fun you cant see a thing, but we fxed it with a new graphics card that was running faster than our lats one, you have to be carefull with WoW that you have the right graphics card and enough RAM, thats mostly the main issiue, i also had once that the game failed to activate my graphics card or something and suddenly my tray icon of my car was missing, had to reinstall the drivers and irect X though ti only happened once
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote